Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 655. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I was mining this at mint.hashrapid but I logged into the portal today and saw this...

"*Welcome to our official MintCoin Pool. Pool is shutting down in 2 days. please cash out."

Is there something fishy about this coin or this pool?

I hear negative reviews of hash rapid all the time. Some pools are closing because the mining is so reduced, and people probably leaving. Means lower difficulty for the rest of us.

Mining will close in a few days now so I think hashrapid already signal this to miners.
Here at mnt.coins4everyone.com we will also close mining in a few days, but we will allow people to retrieve their coins during two weeks before we definitly close the pool.
And generaly, we send email to notify people they have some coins on our pool.

If you have some doubt guys, just come on our pool and you will be sure to get your coins at the end !
Activity: 70
100 MINT per ticket
Draw every 12 hours
1% house edge to support the Raffle and MintCoin Faucet
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Would it be wise to sell my coins at 23 satoshis?

Of course. Buy back at 16-18. Rinse/repeat and profit.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I was mining this at mint.hashrapid but I logged into the portal today and saw this...

"*Welcome to our official MintCoin Pool. Pool is shutting down in 2 days. please cash out."

The pool. Avoid hashrapid. They regularly "switch servers" and people lose a lot of coins. Just avoid them.
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU

I hear negative reviews of hash rapid all the time. Some pools are closing because the mining is so reduced, and people probably leaving. Means lower difficulty for the rest of us.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

http://imageshack.com/a/img839/2377/m3q1.jpg
Activity: 154
Enough mucking around - time for us to move up. Watch Mintpal closely....
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

No one can tell you that mate - you need to decide what level of profit you are happy with and go from there. Some may not be happy selling under 30, otherwise might be happy selling at 18. Don't listen to anyone telling you to sell at whatever the market price however is as they just want to buy your coins.

Generally these coins have a short lifetime but MINT does look like a coin that could still be kicking 6 months, a year down the line once the minting issues are sorted and things are running smoothly once again. Holding is always a safe bet - it's only due to the fact that many like to chase higher returns daytrading that we all don't just sit and hold our coins, the assumption is that over time they will appreciate.

sorry, I am talking about daytrading here. I have 10 million in MINT and I would like to pump 2 million into daytrading. I suspect that the whales wil stop buying at very low prices soon and start selling at above 20 satoshis. After that moment I suspect that the price may drop again and then ill make a nice profit. What do you guys think about this plan?
Activity: 82

it is wise to get your 20% per annum at a cost of 500 Satoshi

No one can tell you that mate - you need to decide what level of profit you are happy with and go from there. Some may not be happy selling under 30, otherwise might be happy selling at 18. Don't listen to anyone telling you to sell at whatever the market price however is as they just want to buy your coins.

Generally these coins have a short lifetime but MINT does look like a coin that could still be kicking 6 months, a year down the line once the minting issues are sorted and things are running smoothly once again. Holding is always a safe bet - it's only due to the fact that many like to chase higher returns daytrading that we all don't just sit and hold our coins, the assumption is that over time they will appreciate.

Activity: 56
yep it is very funny to watch  Grin
A lot of manipulating is going on mintpal. At the moment all sellwalls are disappearing. Did they buy enough? And are we going up again?

That's what I predict here - Pretty obvious they were not so much dumping as trying to scare people into selling them their coins. They succeeded. Expect to go back up now.
Activity: 778
A lot of manipulating is going on mintpal. At the moment all sellwalls are disappearing. Did they buy enough? And are we going up again?
WTF Mintpal. I sold at 18 and wanted to buy back in at 17. I have been doing this all week and have made a considerable amount, however, when I saw it rising I went to cancel to buy back in, I don't mind loosing a little as I am still up overall. I tried to cancel and I can't. Now it's at fucking 30! So i'm pissed off right now. I've basically lost half my coins, and if it keep on going then forget it, ill just put my BTC into another coin. Fuck this.

And now it's back at 17 again.

It really does look like a trap to be honest. Some massive MINT sell walls popping up to drive the price down - someone is trying to buy up MINT for a low price and is using their market power to make it so. Best position right now is to hold - these sell walls at 17-20 will lift once he or she has got their fix of cheap coins and then the market will rise very quickly back to 20-22. Don't sell at 17 and be forced to wait days or weeks for it to drop down to to 16 again.
Activity: 213
WTF Mintpal. I sold at 18 and wanted to buy back in at 17. I have been doing this all week and have made a considerable amount, however, when I saw it rising I went to cancel to buy back in, I don't mind loosing a little as I am still up overall. I tried to cancel and I can't. Now it's at fucking 30! So i'm pissed off right now. I've basically lost half my coins, and if it keep on going then forget it, ill just put my BTC into another coin. Fuck this.

And now it's back at 17 again.
We have strong downward movement here. Looks like the market is reacting to the troubles with the minting process. We may drop back down to 15-16 for a time before confidence renews. Let's sit back and watch.
Activity: 17
I've had my wallet out for over a week now and I'd say 95% of my minted coins come through just fine.
I know I made a big deposit about 17 days ago so I was going to leave it open until the 20 days passed for that but I don't see a problem with having it open 24/7?

Minting perfectly for me with it open 24/7.
I have been leaving it open 24/7 but it chews thru resources.  And I'd say I only get less than 10% with any confirmations, I have up to 200 mint transactions generated now from what I hold.  It sounds like its better if I just open it every few weeks.  I thought I would miss out on transactions if I had it closed.  I mined it since day 2 of coin being released.
Don't worry about the price going down, the whole market is going down at the moment.
Jump to: