Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 656. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
My first deposit in my wallet was 2/21/13, so minting starts 20 days from that date?

Correct. Note that that does not necessarily mean you will find a block on the 20th day. Depending on how many coins you have and their "coin age", this determines how fast you will find a block.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
My first deposit in my wallet was 2/21/13, so minting starts 20 days from that date?
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
I've had my wallet out for over a week now and I'd say 95% of my minted coins come through just fine.
I know I made a big deposit about 17 days ago so I was going to leave it open until the 20 days passed for that but I don't see a problem with having it open 24/7?

Minting perfectly for me with it open 24/7.
Activity: 429
I've had my wallet out for over a week now and I'd say 95% of my minted coins come through just fine.
I know I made a big deposit about 17 days ago so I was going to leave it open until the 20 days passed for that but I don't see a problem with having it open 24/7?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
when ppl were laughing at me as I said mint eill hang around 20 whe it was 50 I gave them basic math to go by.... now we are at 20 and I will downgtade my forcast to 10... let the flaming begin!!

Nobody cares what you think. Which is why nobody asked for your opinion.

Maybe u should care Smiley I suspect it will be months before all bugs are ironed out especially since the owner isnt giving sufficient coins as bounties to fix or create features.. until then confidence will drop and maybe in 6 months or so we may see a final bottoming out. Thats if volume sticks around.
Activity: 182
buying some cheap MINT on Poloniex

Expecting this to explode once March 15 passes
Activity: 367
Is there a reason to why when my coins mint, it always seems that the highest minted amounts rarely receive confirmations?

It's quite frustrating to say the least.  Cry
It is better to not try to mint so frequently, just open up your wallet once per month or so, then you can close it and wait. coin age will accrue better and your mints will be larger.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice!
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Is there a reason to why when my coins mint, it always seems that the highest minted amounts rarely receive confirmations?

It's quite frustrating to say the least.  Cry
It is better to not try to mint so frequently, just open up your wallet once per month or so, then you can close it and wait. coin age will accrue better and your mints will be larger.
Activity: 367

It's quite frustrating to say the least.  Cry
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
What about PoS and change addresses?
I hope you took care of that. I do not want to have my 20 days reset whenever I move a small sum out of my wallet.

Change: If I send, there are usually two target addresses involved. Only one of the two amounts is actually moved out of the wallet to the recipient, the other one is going straight back, into a change address in my wallet. So that 2nd sum has left the wallet yes, but only to end up in it again, within seconds. Imagine there is a 1 mio input from which I spend a 7 MINT output - that results in a second 999,993 MINT output, to my change address, so it ends up back in my wallet.

Still, I fear, the 20 days period is reset for both amounts, right?

As your wallet does not yet support "coin control", I cannot even know which of my existing coin piles are touched. With one tx of 10 MINT, I might destroy 20 days of PoS of 20 billion coins. Am I wrong? If not:

Please hardcode that if outgoing and incoming into change addresses happens, the coin age is preserved. Or it that is not consistent, then:

I suggest, that you (a) lower the 20 days, (b) implement coin control.

Implement coin control. Lowering the 20 days is  not a good idea as it is an important aspect of the coin design, security/sustainability.
Activity: 434
An excellent dev and a strong community. It's interesting to see where this coin goes in the next 6 months.

I don't think "to the moon" fully covers it.

Activity: 325
Feels like the dev is too busy running their mintpal exchange to put effort into this coin which is a shame.

We have clearly stated several times that we are not affiliated with Mintpal...
And we are working on merchant acceptance and other things that have yet to be announced in order to give a bright future to this coin.

I have faith in you, mintcointeam!! I have been very impressed by everything as of yet. Keep up the good work.

Thank you! And it's just the beginning!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Feels like the dev is too busy running their mintpal exchange to put effort into this coin which is a shame.

And we are working on merchant acceptance and other things that have yet to be announced in order to give a bright future to this coin.

I have faith in you, mintcointeam!! I have been very impressed by everything as of yet. Keep up the good work.
Activity: 238
Also, check out mintcointalk.com. Staff are pretty active there.
Activity: 325

Activity: 453

There is a lot going on behind the scenes. Not just by the developers. Stick around.
Activity: 453
when ppl were laughing at me as I said mint eill hang around 20 whe it was 50 I gave them basic math to go by.... now we are at 20 and I will downgtade my forcast to 10... let the flaming begin!!

Nobody cares what you think. Which is why nobody asked for your opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Jump to: