Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 657. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Any suggestions on what the best exchange is.. not just for mintcoin as i'm keeping what little i have for now but for all sort of coins, once i point my miner at something else I'd like to start trading and eventually make some £ back so i'm looking for a good exchange and one that will pay out to GBP £ or at least pay out to an international banking number
Hi you are heavy on alt, either cryptsy (raw diversity) or mintpal (half the fees of cryptsy!)

If you are more in bitcoin, Kraken is the best. Except if you insist in avoiding transaction fee. In that case, this would be either Bitstamp (volume and ease of use) or bitcoin-central (fully EU-compliant, apparently the only one).
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
mintcoin.cc's Chinese page had been retranslated. This is traditonal Chinese (Taiwan) and not Simplified (China).
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
What about PoS and change addresses?
I hope you took care of that. I do not want to have my 20 days reset whenever I move a small sum out of my wallet.

Change: If I send, there are usually two target addresses involved. Only one of the two amounts is actually moved out of the wallet to the recipient, the other one is going straight back, into a change address in my wallet. So that 2nd sum has left the wallet yes, but only to end up in it again, within seconds. Imagine there is a 1 mio input from which I spend a 7 MINT output - that results in a second 999,993 MINT output, to my change address, so it ends up back in my wallet.

Still, I fear, the 20 days period is reset for both amounts, right?

As your wallet does not yet support "coin control", I cannot even know which of my existing coin piles are touched. With one tx of 10 MINT, I might destroy 20 days of PoS of 20 billion coins. Am I wrong? If not:

Please hardcode that if outgoing and incoming into change addresses happens, the coin age is preserved. Or it that is not consistent, then:

I suggest, that you (a) lower the 20 days, (b) implement coin control.

This: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5550833

Other postings with similiar questions:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5577757
http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,321.0.html
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5552511

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Is minting working or are we still waiting for an update or was all that a false alarm?

There are still problems.
No official answer from Dev except "we are looking into it".
No request for logs or attempts to troubleshoot on mintcointalk.com either.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Got a reply from Mintcoin Staff on my question of coin priority for transfers and how it affects minting: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,321.0.html

Bottom line, no clear answer yet. I am impressed by the teams responsiveness though. I am sure it will get answered/figured out in due time.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
So I have tons of transactions that show mined from minting.  I'd say 150+ so far.  However, I have almost 90% of them that show NO confirmations, even 5 days back.  I'm running on latest mint wallet on Mac.  Any ideas why this is?  Is this part of the issues that was being mentioned?

Those are orphans, like with pool mining, someone else got to them before you did, it happens.

Generated, not accepted mined.  Embarrassed
Activity: 770
Is minting working or are we still waiting for an update or was all that a false alarm?

My wallet started Minting Mints yesterday, so it was about 21 days since my first deposit.

Mint wallet v1.4.0.0, Windows 8 64 bit.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
So I have tons of transactions that show mined from minting.  I'd say 150+ so far.  However, I have almost 90% of them that show NO confirmations, even 5 days back.  I'm running on latest mint wallet on Mac.  Any ideas why this is?  Is this part of the issues that was being mentioned?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Some are having problems, although others are not. The dev team is aware and working on it.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

I can confirm that minting works as advertised on PC and Linux wallets. My Mac wallet is too young for met to tell, but I'm sure others can chime in for Mac.
Activity: 363
sbn
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Not to spam, but I want to thank everyone that has donated MINT to our Faucet over at http://coinrush.pl in the last 24hrs!
It's great to have such a great community surrounding this coin  Smiley

To celebrate, we've tripled the maximum value for payouts!!
Is Mintpal down or something? Is anyone else having problems getting on?

I'm getting the Cloudflare "Error 521 Web server is down" message, so looks like it.
Ok cool thanks just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem on my end

Mintpal.com is back!
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Thanks so I shouldnt expecting any minting or stake showin up until 20 days right

cheers

Correct.
There is no guarantee you will mint at the 20 day mark. 20 days is the earliest possible, but more than likely it will take several days longer than 20 days before you mint coins. It is comparable to PoW mining in that if you have a small amount of hashpower, it will take you longer to find a PoW block; the same holds true in PoS minting in that a small amount of coins will take you longer to find a PoS block and mint coins. If you have like 1 mintcoin, your probably won't generate ANY new coins, because the probability is so small, just like if you tried to use your cpu to find a PoW block in Bitcoin right now. If you want to mint closer tot he 20 day mark, then it helps if you acquire more coins, as each coin has power to accrue coin age and just like mining gear generates hashpower.

+1, great explanation.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Thanks so I shouldnt expecting any minting or stake showin up until 20 days right

cheers

Correct.
There is no guarantee you will mint at the 20 day mark. 20 days is the earliest possible, but more than likely it will take several days longer than 20 days before you mint coins. It is comparable to PoW mining in that if you have a small amount of hashpower, it will take you longer to find a PoW block; the same holds true in PoS minting in that a small amount of coins will take you longer to find a PoS block and mint coins. If you have like 1 mintcoin, your probably won't generate ANY new coins, because the probability is so small, just like if you tried to use your cpu to find a PoW block in Bitcoin right now. If you want to mint closer tot he 20 day mark, then it helps if you acquire more coins, as each coin has power to accrue coin age and just like mining gear generates hashpower.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Activity: 325
Amazonia Imports now accepts MinCoin as a payment option.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

I'm getting the Cloudflare "Error 521 Web server is down" message, so looks like it.
Ok cool thanks just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem on my end

Jump to: