Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 660. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
And so the final week of mining has begun. Such excite.
Activity: 196
Hi m8, WTS this game https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5374244 accept equivalent in MINTCOIN Cheesy

You can also place that ad on mintcointalk.com marketplace if you haven't already. It's quite active over there.

Oh ok really ty Cheesy
Activity: 238
Hi m8, WTS this game https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5374244 accept equivalent in MINTCOIN Cheesy

You can also place that ad on mintcointalk.com marketplace if you haven't already. It's quite active over there.
Activity: 238
when will the next halving happen?

Isn't it today? and next week it stops?
Activity: 196
Hi m8, WTS this game https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5374244 accept equivalent in MINTCOIN Cheesy PM me for info
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
when will the next halving happen?
Activity: 840
Merit: 516

Yeah it's cool, you can buy stuff on Amazon with mintcoin

Where do you go to buy off of Amazon with mintcoin? I saw treats.io, but they only accept dogecoin.

Nevermind, Moolah_ responded on reddit. They're adding support to treats.io and buygold.io. We'll be able to buy giftcards to Amazon, Newegg, and a few other places. Pretty great news.

Here's the thread. http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/1zqn2c/youre_now_live_on_our_moolah_merchant_platform/

Yeah it's cool, you can buy stuff on Amazon with mintcoin

Where do you go to buy off of Amazon with mintcoin? I saw treats.io, but they only accept dogecoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Hello,

CryptoAve.Com is now live and I would like to add one more crypto to the offering. We have both BTC and USD markets, USD account verifications just started today.

Already Offered: DGC/LTC/SRC/ARG/PPC

What coin should it be? Why should it be that one over the rest?

Regards,
Baritus

Go vote for Mint to be added at CryptoAve in this tread.  Grin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptoavecom-adding-one-more-coin-for-btcusd-exchange-which-should-it-be-502900

Go vote for mint if you have not already done so, thanks.
Activity: 126
Clarification Needed on FAQ Question
From http://mintcoin.cc/faq

Q: When I transfer some of the coins from my MINT wallet, are they the newest coins or does it disrupt the proof of stake process of my older coins?

A: Any “moved” coins the pos time (coin-day) will be reset for them. It will not affect other “unmoved” coins in the wallet. The PoS will be generated if there are some coins in the wallet satisfying minimum requirements, and the amount generated will be based on the coin-day the total eligible coins have in your wallet.

But that doesn't fully answer the question. I too want to know how coins are prioritized for movement OUT of my wallet. Is it a first in, first out? That would stink because then the oldest aged coins would be first to go to withdraws. Or is it first in last out which would make the most sense to me.

So, does anyone know how coins and their age are prioritized for being withdrawn?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I finally see my Mint wallet is generating PoS but is orphaned the amount of 294.663561, at least it is working.

Date: 3/6/2014 10:25
Debit: 0.00 MINT
Monero Core Team
want to swap Battlefield 4 CDKey for - 250,000 Mint Coins
and
Splinter Cell Black list for 220,000 Mint Coins
Please get back to me asap Smiley Inbox for details!
PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE INBOX ME FOR DETAILS Smiley
Lets see some Mintcoin being used to buy some real products!!! Cheesy
PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE INBOX ME FOR DETAILS Smiley

That's interesting. We should set up a website for tradinggoods for mintcoins.
Monero Core Team
how many blocks since 100% pos?

edit: this is the last of 5 weeks,right?

Countdown timer at http://www.mintcoin.com
Please communicate on mintcoin.cc. We do not own mintcoin.com.
Monero Core Team
Have you contacted Mintpal about this? I'm seeing the graph for Mintcoin not updating as well.
Yes. No answer yet. It will come eventually - Jason always answer.

Anyway, I am tired of all this. I will just move my money to invest on just-dice. Morre than 50 % interest rate on average annually for a completely fire-and-forget solution. Peace of mind.
I will continue animating the mintcoin community, hoping to get my investment back and will try to get some nextcoins or NEM or Credits, but that's mostly all.

I choose life.

Sorry to hear about your frustration. I just noticed the MINT/BTC graph on MintPal is updating again and the past historic data is all there.
Since I am one of the most prominent figure in the mintcoin community (that's fact, not parade), I have some responsibilities I cannot escape. One is to be careful when I am writing and to correct my mistakes.

So I DO NOT leave mintcoin. No way Smiley
When I talked about moving my money, I was talking about the "free roaming" money and day-trading, not about mintcoin. Day-trading is too time-consuming and mintpal doesn't have the right tools for me (I asked Jason for them still).
I also read a bit about how to avoid emotions when trading, by having scenarios you follow. I applied it successfully so far.
First of all, thanks for trying all this. As you can see in my signature, I really don't like wasting energy. We need to find better ways than PoW, if our still tiny internet currencies shall scale up to the whole planet.
When I heard about MINT, I immediately bought a large amout of MINT, and I don't regret it, because the price went up a lot.
Still, I need to understand this better, to know what are my next steps with MINT.  I do NOT see my balance grow - and I bought my MINT on the 13th of February. Don't you show the PoS in the transaction tab?

What about PoS and change addresses?
I hope you took care of that. I do not want to have my 20 days reset whenever I move a small sum out of my wallet.

Change: If I send, there are usually two target addresses involved. Only one of the two amounts is actually moved out of the wallet to the recipient, the other one is going straight back, into a change address in my wallet. So that 2nd sum has left the wallet yes, but only to end up in it again, within seconds. Imagine there is a 1 mio input from which I spend a 7 MINT output - that results in a second 999,993 MINT output, to my change address, so it ends up back in my wallet.

Still, I fear, the 20 days period is reset for both amounts, right?

As your wallet does not yet support "coin control", I cannot even know which of my existing coin piles are touched. With one tx of 10 MINT, I might destroy 20 days of PoS of 20 billion coins. Am I wrong? If not:

Please hardcode that if outgoing and incoming into change addresses happens, the coin age is preserved. Or it that is not consistent, then:

I suggest, that you (a) lower the 20 days, (b) implement coin control.

And please show the PoS earnings in the transactions tab. EDIT: This is funny, just now, some "Mined" sum showed up in the transactions :-)

thx :-)

Would love to see coin control implemented as well.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
And please show the PoS earnings in the transactions tab.
This is funny, just now, some "Mined" sum showed up in the transactions :-)

Is your wallet encrypted? It won't mint unless it is unlocked.
Until earlier today, I had it unencrypted, because I thought that is the same like encrypted unlocked. But seemingly it's not.
Activity: 165
First of all, thanks for trying all this. As you can see in my signature, I really don't like wasting energy. We need to find better ways than PoW, if our still tiny internet currencies shall scale up to the whole planet.
When I heard about MINT, I immediately bought a large amout of MINT, and I don't regret it, because the price went up a lot.
Still, I need to understand this better, to know what are my next steps with MINT.  I do NOT see my balance grow - and I bought my MINT on the 13th of February. Don't you show the PoS in the transaction tab?

What about PoS and change addresses?
I hope you took care of that. I do not want to have my 20 days reset whenever I move a small sum out of my wallet.

Change: If I send, there are usually two target addresses involved. Only one of the two amounts is actually moved out of the wallet to the recipient, the other one is going straight back, into a change address in my wallet. So that 2nd sum has left the wallet yes, but only to end up in it again, within seconds. Imagine there is a 1 mio input from which I spend a 7 MINT output - that results in a second 999,993 MINT output, to my change address, so it ends up back in my wallet.

Still, I fear, the 20 days period is reset for both amounts, right?

As your wallet does not yet support "coin control", I cannot even know which of my existing coin piles are touched. With one tx of 10 MINT, I might destroy 20 days of PoS of a million coins. Am I wrong? If not:

Please hardcode that if outgoing and incoming into change addresses happens, the coin age is preserved. Or it that is not consistent, then:

I suggest, that you (a) lower the 20 days, (b) implement coin control.

And please show the PoS earnings in the transactions tab.

thx :-)

Is your wallet encrypted? It won't mint unless it is unlocked.
Jump to: