Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 817. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Anonymous, pls, pump mint again Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
TOP +50% in few minutes. not bad

Told to someone a few posts back... he didnt believe me lol :3
Activity: 159
hehe TOP is new MINT yahooo)
Activity: 84
see how much is MINT on ASK crypsty, you sleep with bricks
mcg
Activity: 196
To my knowledge, no coins are purely POS. Only mint does (after 5 weeks of mining)
No and no.

There is ONE pure PoS, it is Nextcoin (as well as mastercoin and ripple, IIRC).
Mint is not a pure PoS. It is a PoW/PoS hybrid, which uses the PoW part to circumvent the issue of centralisation that plagues nextcoin.

its peercoin code with a different pos/pow scheme.

fast blockhalving and fast end of pow.

scrypt based.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
For anyone considering buying in; the latest crash has dipped below the floor of the previous price crash.

Just pointing out the obvious of course.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
To my knowledge, no coins are purely POS. Only mint does (after 5 weeks of mining)
No and no.

There is ONE pure PoS, it is Nextcoin (as well as mastercoin and ripple, IIRC).
Mint is not a pure PoS. It is a PoW/PoS hybrid, which uses the PoW part to circumvent the issue of centralisation that plagues nextcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
Where are the FUDsters now? I bet they love Mintcoin now that it had a shakedown.

I ate dinner and missed the crash~ wasn't able to buy at the 30+ range  Sad Sad
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
meh... too late to take advantage... mintpal btc deposit taes ages when ur waiting for it.. now i only got some mints i bought in the low 50's Sad
Activity: 532
ummmm....it's over 50 on Craptsy....people selling in 30's on Mintpal should take a look Cheesy

Arbitrage-tastic.  Cool
Monero Core Team
Someone said POS will only begin after 5 weeks of initial distribution.
You need to keep your mintcoin in the wallet for 20 consecutive day (moving from one wallet to another - like from exchange to desktop wallet or reverse) DO reset the counter.

So, since the last reward will be in less than 16 days, you should already keep your mintcoins. Don't use them. Hoard most of it and use some to encourage its widespread use. Because remember: a currency is only worth something if it is used (or predicted to be used, but prediction ultimately meet reality). If everyone stockpile 100% of his mintcoin, mintcoin will just disappear.
Activity: 68
Buy Topcoin before it's too late... Mint's pump is done

Wow mint dropped and Topcoin just got quite a pump
Activity: 210
ummmm....it's over 50 on Craptsy....people selling in 30's on Mintpal should take a look Cheesy
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
since I have encrypted my wallet I am getting a message 'Minting suspended due to locked wallet'. The incructions on the first page are not clear. I have unlocked it using the command console using 'walletpassphrase 999999999 true' but this happens every time I launch the wallet, is there another way around this?
Activity: 546
Hope you guys who bought in at 40-50 pulled out before it's too late!

For those who didn't already see this as the most blatant wolong shill from his dumped panda premine scam shares...then you need to do more homework.

But I hope some of you made good profits during the ride!

Cheesy

I see what you did there...
Monero Core Team
A couple more questions:

1.  If my coins are on an exchange for 20+ days and they aren't moved, do they get the interest?

2.  Is mintpal.com affiliated with or owned by the devs of this coin?

Thanks.
No, your exchange will http://mintcoin.cc/faq/ ("Is it OK to keep my mintcoins on an exchange, instead of my own wallet?")
No, it  is a (happy) coincidence. In English, "to mint" means producing money (http://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=mint&oldid=25549960#Noun_2). It also is a polysemic word because it relates to a plant associated with green and freshness. This explain why the term was used on several related servce without prior knowledge. And it definitely had been a boon for mintpal (and mintcoin too - Jay from Mintpal is very reactive) Smiley
Activity: 84
already are set ASK teeth you sell after 50 and more  crypsty
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Hope you guys who bought in at 40-50 pulled out before it's too late!

For those who didn't already see this as the most blatant wolong shill from his dumped panda premine scam shares...then you need to do more homework.

But I hope some of you made good profits during the ride!
Activity: 159
TOP +50% in few minutes. not bad
Jump to: