Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 874. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
I'm so glad I traded out 3 million topcoin for 3 million mintcoin when I had the chance. I can't wait to get my topcoins back for a fraction of that. What do you guys think I should wait for? 100k mint for 3 million top?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hello there MintCoin community. What a ride the last 24 hours have been! We are all feeling pumped aren't we?

I just sold all my MintCoin today, there has been so much volume come through driving up this price the last 24hrs (420+ Bitcoins or $240,000 cash money) that it is simply unsustainable. A quarter million dollars of mostly buys is certainly likely done by a big player or syndicate. If it is a true long-term investor, he will not keep buying this way as he knows he has inflated his buy price to obtain such a huge amount of coins. If it is a 'pump-n-dump' scam group like Wolong that the crypto-lemmings are so fond of, well, then things could get pretty ugly.

Exactly the same thing happened with Vertcoin when it was around the same market cap (1 million dollars). It then exploded up to $7 million dollars market cap in 3 days when it was added to more exchanges. This coin also has the added advantage of sharply decreasingly block rewards which will limit miners dumping each week plus it will promote the belief that the price will rise as the coin becomes rarer.

I've been in this community a long time. I know a snowballing coin when I see one.

You clearly don't. With the rapidly decreasing reward, the value of early mined coins will become extremely valuable in comparison to when they were first mined. Meaning this coin is very prone to pump n' dumps which is precisely what's happening right now.
Activity: 185
(Unofficial) Ubuntu PPA for MintCoin is now available! Currently contains MintCoin 1.3 compiled from github sources.

https://launchpad.net/~keremhd/+archive/mintcoin-unofficial/

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:keremhd/mintcoin-unofficial
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mintcoind mintcoin-qt
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Hello there MintCoin community. What a ride the last 24 hours have been! We are all feeling pumped aren't we?

I just sold all my MintCoin today, there has been so much volume come through driving up this price the last 24hrs (420+ Bitcoins or $240,000 cash money) that it is simply unsustainable. A quarter million dollars of mostly buys is certainly likely done by a big player or syndicate. If it is a true long-term investor, he will not keep buying this way as he knows he has inflated his buy price to obtain such a huge amount of coins. If it is a 'pump-n-dump' scam group like Wolong that the crypto-lemmings are so fond of, well, then things could get pretty ugly.

Exactly the same thing happened with Vertcoin when it was around the same market cap (1 million dollars). It then exploded up to $7 million dollars market cap in 3 days when it was added to more exchanges. This coin also has the added advantage of sharply decreasingly block rewards which will limit miners dumping each week plus it will promote the belief that the price will rise as the coin becomes rarer.

I've been in this community a long time. I know a snowballing coin when I see one.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

The Miners who were wise enough to not sell at 3-6 satoshi are going to start hitting the exits hard at the first sign that the big buyer is gone. Also current mining is now 5x more profitable than it was back at 3 Satoshi, I would not be surprised if Coinwarz or another huge outfit slams this coin back down to below 10 satoshi area.

Mining is 5x more profitable? How so?

Difficulty has skyrocketed....I'm making about the same and even less(at times) than 3 days ago(before this pump) if I'm looking out how much BTC I am getting a day.....so tell me how mining is more profitable? Troll

Plus the difficulty adjusts so fast, if a huge outfit like Coinwarz hit this coin then the diff would adjust right away....TROLL
Activity: 156
Guido
legendary
Difficulty is 37 and the trolls want cheap coins. HMMMM... Time to buy.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I put a buy order @8 satoshi. I think it will get filled soon  Grin
legendary

The Miners who were wise enough to not sell at 3-6 satoshi are going to start hitting the exits hard at the first sign that the big buyer is gone. Also current mining is now 5x more profitable than it was back at 3 Satoshi, I would not be surprised if Coinwarz or another huge outfit slams this coin back down to below 10 satoshi area.

I am still bullish on MintCoin in the long-term however, so don't get me wrong here. I am just saying if you sell at these prices you will be able to buy back in at a much better entry point, and really increase the number of coins you own with the same amount of BTC.

I am actually rolling out some of my profits in MintCoin to invest in Earthcoin, as it is crazy cheap at its current 75 satoshi price.

Just my opinion, but in two days when MintCoin is back at 7 satoshi don't say I didn't warn you.

I am hodling mint long, keep your EAC. I don't think we see 7 again. I don't think we see 10 again. Maybe 11. That's the bottom now.
Guido

I am still bullish on MintCoin in the long-term however, so don't get me wrong here. I am just saying if you sell at these prices you will be able to buy back in at a much better entry point, and really increase the number of coins you own with the same amount of BTC.

I am actually rolling out some of my profits in MintCoin to invest in Earthcoin, as it is crazy cheap at its current 75 satoshi price.

Just my opinion, but in two days when MintCoin is back at 7 satoshi don't say I didn't warn you.

You want to buy Cheap what you've given?...
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
I used google to find a few stores, with the name Mint in it.
So there is this really great store if we could get that one to accept mintcoin:
The gold/silver coin shop  Shocked
http://www.mint.ca/store/template/home.jsp

A clothing and shoe store:
http://www.mintshop.com.au/

A interior shop:
http://www.mintshop.co.uk/

If anyone here of the official mintcoin team could get the coin shop to accept Mintcoins, I dont know what to sell them, but just say mintcoin would be a really good investment for them.
Mintcoin would go sick if you can buy gold and silver coins with it, just a idea.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

Indeed price correction but at the moment it could shoot back up again, money is still flowing into Mint.
Activity: 172

Activity: 224

Well by services I mean if the coin doesn't have anything substantial to keep people mining it, or using mint, then why would people stay? People aren't going to mine or trade it for the sake of it, not long-term. It needs stores, and services. It's all well and good mining and trading, but if nobody is using mint, then why would people continue to think it could have long-term value? Why not mine x coin, or y coin instead? PoS is good, but Mint is not the only PoS coin out there.

I don't want to go off-topIC and turn this into an investment portfolio meeting, but the only coin I'm holding right now for long-term investment is PMC. I mine and trade many other coins, but you can just look at my post history to work that out.

The only thing that will sustain MINT are pumps if it's not traded for assets long term speaking.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Does anyone know what the exact dates are of halving and the date it will become only 1 coin reward?
Also Are people holding on to these coins long term or pump and dump because Ive been hear both.

Hoping for the next Bitcoin here Wink

Thanks

Do you want an honest opinion? No, it's not going to be "the next bitcoin", but its price will increase higher than today's maximum. It's coming in waves after each block halving, so it should reach higher after the next halving. I think its value will peak once the block rewards drop to 1, and after that it's anyones guess. People will hold out at least until then, so I think we're only at the beginning. Soon as people see a dip it starts a cycle of panic selling after the pump. When the coin gets even rarer people will buy up even more. There's a lot more money left in this horse.

People behave in fairly predictable ways. If enough people are waiting to buy in at the next halving knowing the value will go up, then merely by consensual agreement the value will go up. Even people here think that it will. If enough act upon that, then we should see hikes and dips all the way to a big hike at 1 coin rewards.

If someone with big money is manipulating the price, then you can bet they'll want to do it again after the next halving.

Until the 1 block rewards kick in, that's how long the devs have to get some services and things ready, because after that it's either adopt or drop. The coin will be adopted if the devs get the services in place before then, but if not people will move on. The price can only stabilise if people believe it has a long-term future. PoS alone won't save it.

And just so you know exactly my bias; I hold about 2.2 million Mint, which I mined last week. I didn't sell today, and won't be selling until at least the 1 block reward kicks in. If adoption keeps the price stable and only suffers a minor dip, then I won't sell at all.

Thanks for the info.  I know its impossible to see the future and we still have some time till the 1 block reward but what do you think will happen? You seem like you've seen some cryptos succeed and not.  

What do you mean by the devs have to get services up before the 1 block reward? Like exchanges such as cryptsy or real world acceptance?

Last question lol, What other cryptocurrencies do you hold on to for long term that your betting on beside Bitcoin and Litecoin?

Thanks!

Well by services I mean if the coin doesn't have anything substantial to keep people mining it, or using mint, then why would people stay? People aren't going to mine or trade it for the sake of it, not long-term. It needs stores, and services. It's all well and good mining and trading, but if nobody is using mint, then why would people continue to think it could have long-term value? Why not mine x coin, or y coin instead? PoS is good, but Mint is not the only PoS coin out there.

I don't want to go off-topic and turn this into an investment portfolio meeting, but the only coin I'm holding right now for long-term investment is PMC. I mine and trade many other coins, but you can just look at my post history to work that out.

well mining after the reward drops to 1 is almost pointless - but using "mint" could be a different story - it could be used as a store of value and earn interest - similar to an interesting bearing bank account

add it some payment processing and it has long term value

Some people will mine, because they have stake in the Coin and don't want the block chain to stop.  I'm not 100% sure but I actually think the transactions will start to be verified threw the PoS.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Does anyone know what the exact dates are of halving and the date it will become only 1 coin reward?
Also Are people holding on to these coins long term or pump and dump because Ive been hear both.

Thanks

Do you want an honest opinion? No, it's not going to be "the next bitcoin", but its price will increase higher than today's maximum. It's coming in waves after each block halving, so it should reach higher after the next halving. I think its value will peak once the block rewards drop to 1, and after that it's anyones guess. People will hold out at least until then, so I think we're only at the beginning. Soon as people see a dip it starts a cycle of panic selling after the pump. When the coin gets even rarer people will buy up even more. There's a lot more money left in this horse.

People behave in fairly predictable ways. If enough people are waiting to buy in at the next halving knowing the value will go up, then merely by consensual agreement the value will go up. Even people here think that it will. If enough act upon that, then we should see hikes and dips all the way to a big hike at 1 coin rewards.

If someone with big money is manipulating the price, then you can bet they'll want to do it again after the next halving.

Until the 1 block rewards kick in, that's how long the devs have to get some services and things ready, because after that it's either adopt or drop. The coin will be adopted if the devs get the services in place before then, but if not people will move on. The price can only stabilise if people believe it has a long-term future. PoS alone won't save it.

And just so you know exactly my bias; I hold about 2.2 million Mint, which I mined last week. I didn't sell today, and won't be selling until at least the 1 block reward kicks in. If adoption keeps the price stable and only suffers a minor dip, then I won't sell at all.

Thanks for the info.  I know its impossible to see the future and we still have some time till the 1 block reward but what do you think will happen? You seem like you've seen some cryptos succeed and not.  

What do you mean by the devs have to get services up before the 1 block reward? Like exchanges such as cryptsy or real world acceptance?

Last question lol, What other cryptocurrencies do you hold on to for long term that your betting on beside Bitcoin and Litecoin?

Thanks!

I don't want to go off-topic and turn this into an investment portfolio meeting, but the only coin I'm holding right now for long-term investment is PMC. I mine and trade many other coins, but you can just look at my post history to work that out.

well mining after the reward drops to 1 is almost pointless - but using "mint" could be a different story - it could be used as a store of value and earn interest - similar to an interesting bearing bank account

add it some payment processing and it has long term value
Guido

Thanks

Thanks!

I don't want to go off-topIC and turn this into an investment portfolio meeting, but the only coin I'm holding right now for long-term investment is PMC. I mine and trade many other coins, but you can just look at my post history to work that out.

only the interests (X mint + X interest =X btc + X interest)
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Thanks

Thanks!

Activity: 196
Is there any logo contest, I really don't understand? Or it like art or smth like that?

I didn't see it in this thread bounty but is over at reddit...

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/1yj93t/contest_voting_time_24_hours_to_choose_mints_new/

I'm not registered at reddit, so just posted it here!
Activity: 168
One thing is certain - Mintcoin has had an incredible week!
Jump to: