Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 876. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Who is pumping this so hard?

I think this coin is *insanely* under valued.  I'm already moving to buy more.  I think MINT will find itself a nice niche as a tier 2 or 3 coin.  Worth WAY more than it is now.

Have you all really never heard of Peercoin? http://www.peercoin.net/

Mintcoin is just a clone of this, Peercoin coin is already "tier 3"
peercoin are more pow than pos (max 1% pos, about 8% pow) and not 100% decentralised
MintCoin is better imo (if pos will work)

it is transitioning to PoS, and it's 100% decentralised but there are checkpoints in the code
peercoin is the absolute innovator of pos mining, but the transfer costs and times are too large for everyday use.

mint is peercoins ltc
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Heres approximate how 10M MINT will grow over first year period. Interest payment periods taken 30days as average. (MINT coinage is set 20 - 40 days)

Wink
Activity: 182
Does anyone know what the exact dates are of halving and the date it will become only 1 coin reward?
Also Are people holding on to these coins long term or pump and dump because Ive been hear both.

Hoping for the next Bitcoin here Wink

Thanks

Do you want an honest opinion? No, it's not going to be "the next bitcoin", but its price will increase higher than today's maximum. It's coming in waves after each block halving, so it should reach higher after the next halving. I think its value will peak once the block rewards drop to 1, and after that it's anyones guess. People will hold out at least until then, so I think we're only at the beginning. Soon as people see a dip it starts a cycle of panic selling after the pump. When the coin gets even rarer people will buy up even more. There's a lot more money left in this horse.

People behave in fairly predictable ways. If enough people are waiting to buy in at the next halving knowing the value will go up, then merely be consensual agreement the value will go up. Even people here think that it will. If enough act upon that, then we should see hikes and dips all the way to a big hike at 1 coin rewards.

If someone with big money is manipulating the price, then you can bet they'll want to do it again after the next halving.

Until the 1 block rewards kick in, that's how long the devs have to get some services and things ready, because after that it's either adopt or drop. The coin will be adopted if the devs get the services in place before then, but if not people will move on. The price can only stabilise if people believe it has a long-term future. PoS alone won't save it.

And just so you know exactly my bias; I hold about 2.2 million Mint, which I mined last week. I didn't sell today, and won't be selling until at least the 1 block reward kicks in. If adoption keeps the price stable and only suffers a minor dip, then I won't sell at all.

this, after the mining drops off it's sink or swim
Activity: 210
Who is pumping this so hard?

I think this coin is *insanely* under valued.  I'm already moving to buy more.  I think MINT will find itself a nice niche as a tier 2 or 3 coin.  Worth WAY more than it is now.

Have you all really never heard of Peercoin? http://www.peercoin.net/

Mintcoin is just a clone of this, Peercoin coin is already "tier 3"
peercoin are more pow than pos (max 1% pos, about 8% pow) and not 100% decentralised
MintCoin is better imo (if pos will work)
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
There is absolutely no point to sell!!

after 20 days each month, whatever you wanted to sell for, you will gain in new coins!

I'm not selling below 75-100 SAT.  And even then I wonder.   This coin really doesn't make you want to sell,  because really it pays for itself.

Shocked Shocked

Yeah, I think I will hold me little stash of 6.2 mil mints for a good little while  Cool
Activity: 532
Does anyone know what the exact dates are of halving and the date it will become only 1 coin reward?
Also Are people holding on to these coins long term or pump and dump because Ive been hear both.

Thanks

Do you want an honest opinion? No, it's not going to be "the next bitcoin", but its price will increase higher than today's maximum. It's coming in waves after each block halving, so it should reach higher after the next halving. I think its value will peak once the block rewards drop to 1, and after that it's anyones guess. People will hold out at least until then, so I think we're only at the beginning. Soon as people see a dip it starts a cycle of panic selling after the pump. When the coin gets even rarer people will buy up even more. There's a lot more money left in this horse.

People behave in fairly predictable ways. If enough people are waiting to buy in at the next halving knowing the value will go up, then merely by consensual agreement the value will go up. Even people here think that it will. If enough act upon that, then we should see hikes and dips all the way to a big hike at 1 coin rewards.

If someone with big money is manipulating the price, then you can bet they'll want to do it again after the next halving.

Until the 1 block rewards kick in, that's how long the devs have to get some services and things ready, because after that it's either adopt or drop. The coin will be adopted if the devs get the services in place before then, but if not people will move on. The price can only stabilise if people believe it has a long-term future. PoS alone won't save it.

And just so you know exactly my bias; I hold about 2.2 million Mint, which I mined last week. I didn't sell today, and won't be selling until at least the 1 block reward kicks in. If adoption keeps the price stable and only suffers a minor dip, then I won't sell at all.
Activity: 424
Merit: 250

Thanks

Not 100% on block numbers but it should be but,

Feb 13 1st Halving
Feb 20 2nd
Feb 27 3rd
Mar 6   4th
Mar 13 5th

Not sure if 1 MINT reward starts on the 13th or if it will be 1 week at that halving level, and 1 MINT starting March 20th.
Activity: 56
There is absolutely no point to sell!!

after 20 days each month, whatever you wanted to sell for, you will gain in new coins!

I'm not selling below 75-100 SAT.  And even then I wonder.   This coin really doesn't make you want to sell,  because really it pays for itself.

Shocked Shocked
Activity: 32

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
it blew up cause of a pump and dump
oh i see, so fantase n friends visited the block

Looks like they left it in better shape than it was if they did.
Activity: 56

or it we finally have a coin that makes sense - if you think about the power required to keep bitcoin going or any PoW coin - it is a waste of electricity

Yet for investors/speculators, PoW coins can make more sense. PoW need to be worth more because it must cover the expenses of mining. PoS won't have the overhead costs so its coins can get by with being valued much lower. In general PoW coins should be worth much more than PoS.

I'm not so sure,  PoW does make sense that the cost of mining is part of the 'base' value.  But the mining does act as inflationary agent.  Sure we all know there is 'cap' on the number of coins.  But a persistent demand must exist to purchase the coins as they are produced.  With MINT, there is no more supply at all in a few weeks.  This means no coins being dumped for insta-mining profit.

And the coins pay interest,  20% is massive, it could easily overcome a slight loss in market value over that time.  MINT would be a safe bet in turbulent crypto waters.

It is going to be interesting.

Yeah, very interesting, we'll see where it goes
Activity: 168
The new website is looking good!
Activity: 686
oh i see, so fantase n friends visited the block
Activity: 32
Activity: 686
whoa, i wonder why price blew up today O.O
Activity: 8
I told u my gut feeling before right Huh to the moon ~~~~~~ Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Good day!

I'm the Co-Founder of CoT-X Crypto-Currencies exchange platform.

We are a new startup based in Singapore. And we are looking to include 5 additional alt-coins to be tradable on the exchange at launch.

if you keen to see Mintcoin listed on the exchange, drop us a email today, and tell us why we should add Mintcoin! Smiley

My promise: If I'm to received 100 emails by Monday midnight EST, requesting for Mintcoin to be added, I will include Mintcoin in the initial launch. Cheesy

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pre-annexchange-coins-online-trading-exchange-cot-x-472993
FB: https://www.facebook.com/cotexchange
Email: [email protected]

Cheers & Regards,
Daniel Chia

25 emails to-date! Keep the emails flowing in! We're loving it! Cheesy

We have also posted a webpage with details on Mintcoin, share our Facebook page today to spread the love~! Smiley

https://www.facebook.com/cotexchange

Keep this going guys!
Activity: 224
Ahh fuck it. I'm not selling lower than 13. Why are all buy walls disappearing so fast?
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
PL
The chart is totally wrong.  The 5% increase is wrong.  49,000,000 + 5% does not get you 77,000,0000  - Nice try but the entire thing needs redone.

I agree the second half is messed up. Thanks.

Here is an updated chart, that is compounded approx every 20 days.

5  satoshi ----- done
  10 satoshi----- done
  50 satoshi----- soon   Wink
Activity: 126
KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !
For everyone who missed out on the 18-20 sat sell range and holded on because of too much greed, go follow this weird dude on twitter

CryptoMiner ‏@MineCrypto 6 u
#mintcoin cashed out at 18 satoshi. Made a nice profit. Will be buying back around the 10-12 sat range which we will see again for sure.

> This weirdo has been spot on for several different coins now. He can see future? www.twitter.com/minecrypto.
Jump to: