Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 875. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Is there any logo contest, I really don't understand? Or it like art or smth like that?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

Thanks for the info.  I know its impossible to see the future and we still have some time till the 1 block reward but what do you think will happen? You seem like you've seen some cryptos succeed and not.  

What do you mean by the devs have to get services up before the 1 block reward? Like exchanges such as cryptsy or real world acceptance?

Last question lol, What other cryptocurrencies do you hold on to for long term that your betting on beside Bitcoin and Litecoin?

Thanks!

In my case I see a bright future for:
-Mint ( no need to argument, you know why Cheesy )
-Darkcoin, because the anonimity point could really bring some people in
-Doge for the community and the fun around it, I think it can grow in value
Activity: 32
Does anyone know what the exact dates are of halving and the date it will become only 1 coin reward?
Also Are people holding on to these coins long term or pump and dump because Ive been hear both.

Hoping for the next Bitcoin here Wink

Thanks

Do you want an honest opinion? No, it's not going to be "the next bitcoin", but its price will increase higher than today's maximum. It's coming in waves after each block halving, so it should reach higher after the next halving. I think its value will peak once the block rewards drop to 1, and after that it's anyones guess. People will hold out at least until then, so I think we're only at the beginning. Soon as people see a dip it starts a cycle of panic selling after the pump. When the coin gets even rarer people will buy up even more. There's a lot more money left in this horse.

People behave in fairly predictable ways. If enough people are waiting to buy in at the next halving knowing the value will go up, then merely by consensual agreement the value will go up. Even people here think that it will. If enough act upon that, then we should see hikes and dips all the way to a big hike at 1 coin rewards.

If someone with big money is manipulating the price, then you can bet they'll want to do it again after the next halving.

Until the 1 block rewards kick in, that's how long the devs have to get some services and things ready, because after that it's either adopt or drop. The coin will be adopted if the devs get the services in place before then, but if not people will move on. The price can only stabilise if people believe it has a long-term future. PoS alone won't save it.

And just so you know exactly my bias; I hold about 2.2 million Mint, which I mined last week. I didn't sell today, and won't be selling until at least the 1 block reward kicks in. If adoption keeps the price stable and only suffers a minor dip, then I won't sell at all.

Thanks for the info.  I know its impossible to see the future and we still have some time till the 1 block reward but what do you think will happen? You seem like you've seen some cryptos succeed and not.  

What do you mean by the devs have to get services up before the 1 block reward? Like exchanges such as cryptsy or real world acceptance?

Last question lol, What other cryptocurrencies do you hold on to for long term that your betting on beside Bitcoin and Litecoin?

Thanks!
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
This train is crowded because ticket costs 0 satoshi.  Cool Now show up the empty train with expensive coins.
Activity: 126
Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!
Do you think MINT could ever get to Peercoin value? Hmm...

Nope, we have too many coins

Never say never, Peercoin could go up 10x, so it would not be impossible for us to reach $5

We would need a market cap way bigger than Doge to reach 5$ lol

Would anyone expect Bitcoin to have over $13B market cap? (when at its peak)

Exactly, nobody knows the future, there could be a new coin that overtakes Bitcoin in the future and probably will be, just hope we are all on that train lol!

Don´t miss the train lol
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

Never say never, Peercoin could go up 10x, so it would not be impossible for us to reach $5

Exactly, nobody knows the future, there could be a new coin that overtakes Bitcoin in the future and probably will be, just hope we are all on that train lol!
Activity: 140

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Activity: 42
Hi,

I'm brand new to the forum, but have been mining and speculating for awhile.  I'm excited by MintCoin and noticed the pool I joined was pretty slow.  I'm an experienced Linux admin so I decided to setup my own pool.  It has zero pool fees and I'll try to keep it that way if donations are enough to cover expenses.  Hopefully that's enough goodwill to excuse the fact that my first post is a plug for my pool.  ;-)

It's PPLNS and the URL is http://mint.poolest.com

Could it be added to the list?
Activity: 140

Activity: 238
Activity: 67
We are getting there with the design and content at www.mintcoin.cc

Feel free to make observations etc.

Well, I had one objection on the previous version, now it seems perfect to me Smiley
I guess they are setting up the walls for a new pump
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

nice but maybe change the "m" color - make it pop
Activity: 686
Who is pumping this so hard?

I think this coin is *insanely* under valued.  I'm already moving to buy more.  I think MINT will find itself a nice niche as a tier 2 or 3 coin.  Worth WAY more than it is now.

Have you all really never heard of Peercoin? http://www.peercoin.net/

Mintcoin is just a clone of this, Peercoin coin is already "tier 3"
peercoin are more pow than pos (max 1% pos, about 8% pow) and not 100% decentralised
MintCoin is better imo (if pos will work)
ppc is the first pos as bitcoin is the first crypto..
Activity: 210
Who is pumping this so hard?

I think this coin is *insanely* under valued.  I'm already moving to buy more.  I think MINT will find itself a nice niche as a tier 2 or 3 coin.  Worth WAY more than it is now.

Have you all really never heard of Peercoin? http://www.peercoin.net/

Mintcoin is just a clone of this, Peercoin coin is already "tier 3"
peercoin are more pow than pos (max 1% pos, about 8% pow) and not 100% decentralised
MintCoin is better imo (if pos will work)

it is transitioning to PoS, and it's 100% decentralised but there are checkpoints in the code
peercoin is the absolute innovator of pos mining, but the transfer costs and times are too large for everyday use.

mint is peercoins ltc
But pos interrest will never be more than 1% annual.
peercoin was first, mintcoin is an improved version.
As Bill Gates once said: Its best to be number two
Activity: 714
RISE Project Manager
We are getting there with the design and content at www.mintcoin.cc

Feel free to make observations etc.
Activity: 56
Does anyone know what the exact dates are of halving and the date it will become only 1 coin reward?
Also Are people holding on to these coins long term or pump and dump because Ive been hear both.

Hoping for the next Bitcoin here Wink

Thanks

Do you want an honest opinion? No, it's not going to be "the next bitcoin", but its price will increase higher than today's maximum. It's coming in waves after each block halving, so it should reach higher after the next halving. I think its value will peak once the block rewards drop to 1, and after that it's anyones guess. People will hold out at least until then, so I think we're only at the beginning. Soon as people see a dip it starts a cycle of panic selling after the pump. When the coin gets even rarer people will buy up even more. There's a lot more money left in this horse.

People behave in fairly predictable ways. If enough people are waiting to buy in at the next halving knowing the value will go up, then merely by consensual agreement the value will go up. Even people here think that it will. If enough act upon that, then we should see hikes and dips all the way to a big hike at 1 coin rewards.

If someone with big money is manipulating the price, then you can bet they'll want to do it again after the next halving.

Until the 1 block rewards kick in, that's how long the devs have to get some services and things ready, because after that it's either adopt or drop. The coin will be adopted if the devs get the services in place before then, but if not people will move on. The price can only stabilise if people believe it has a long-term future. PoS alone won't save it.

And just so you know exactly my bias; I hold about 2.2 million Mint, which I mined last week. I didn't sell today, and won't be selling until at least the 1 block reward kicks in. If adoption keeps the price stable and only suffers a minor dip, then I won't sell at all.

Bravo, +1000!
Jump to: