Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 878. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I'm looking to get in now.Would you advise me to do it?I also see the value of the coin more than it's now.

Don't spend your rent money on MINT, but if you can afford a rational investment - why not?

The overnight increase was impressive and the community is growing. The giveaways are also helping to bring in new folks.

When the new website launches, even more people will jump on board.  There's potential here.
Activity: 238
Who is pumping this so hard?

I think this coin is *insanely* under valued.  I'm already moving to buy more.  I think MINT will find itself a nice niche as a tier 2 or 3 coin.  Worth WAY more than it is now.

Have you all really never heard of Peercoin? http://www.peercoin.net/

Mintcoin is just a clone of this, Peercoin coin is already "tier 3"

Uhh, we are trying to get rich ourselves here, not pay off early PPC investors. Welcome to the alt coin section.

Well good luck getting Mintcoin to surpass Peercoin
Activity: 182
I'm looking to get in now.Would you advise me to do it?I also see the value of the coin more than it's now.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

I think this coin is *insanely* under valued.  I'm already moving to buy more.  I think MINT will find itself a nice niche as a tier 2 or 3 coin.  Worth WAY more than it is now.

Uhh, we are trying to get rich ourselves here, not pay off early PPC investors. Welcome to the alt coin section.

legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io

or it we finally have a coin that makes sense - if you think about the power required to keep bitcoin going or any PoW coin - it is a waste of electricity

Yet for investors/speculators, PoW coins can make more sense. PoW need to be worth more because it must cover the expenses of mining. PoS won't have the overhead costs so its coins can get by with being valued much lower. In general PoW coins should be worth much more than PoS.

I'm not so sure,  PoW does make sense that the cost of mining is part of the 'base' value.  But the mining does act as inflationary agent.  Sure we all know there is 'cap' on the number of coins.  But a persistent demand must exist to purchase the coins as they are produced.  With MINT, there is no more supply at all in a few weeks.  This means no coins being dumped for insta-mining profit.

And the coins pay interest,  20% is massive, it could easily overcome a slight loss in market value over that time.  MINT would be a safe bet in turbulent crypto waters.

It is going to be interesting.
Activity: 574
Merit: 504
Guys we're stuck on a block over here http://mint.dogemoon.com

Est. Shares    2,599,248 (done: 669.56%)
Pool Valid    17,403,520

We could do with a burst of mining activity to get past this SOAB.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

or it we finally have a coin that makes sense - if you think about the power required to keep bitcoin going or any PoW coin - it is a waste of electricity

Yet for investors/speculators, PoW coins can make more sense. PoW need to be worth more because it must cover the expenses of mining. PoS won't have the overhead costs so its coins can get by with being valued much lower. In general PoW coins should be worth much more than PoS.

That makes sense. +1
Activity: 31

Edit:
Worth more per block/amount of coins that can be mined for a cost. Individual coin values are almost meaningless.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I think cryptsy will have to pick this one up fast. Then the real price increase will come.

and based on the "difficulty" algorithm - when PoW mining drops - the coin should still work with out issue

I hope you know "peercoin" already exists... Anyway, it's not a waste of electricity if its making money and fighting fiat. By your logic everything you own is superfluous.
Activity: 56
Anyone know if https://www.miningpool.co/ have any problems?
pool hashrate = 0....

I have been mining there for more than one week, never had a problem to get payout, however recently the showing hash rate for MintCoin is really not correct, I've no idea, but I believe you won't lose your mining work with them.
i've been mining mint there since day one and got 1.8m coins with 350kh/s so im satisfied but now it seem to be dead..?
It show my hashrate correct but pool hashrate is 0 and no coins generated for several hours...

I suggest you try coins4everyone then, but I think you'll get the same result, as currently diff is higher and block rewards already halved twice, so it'll take some time to get coins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

and based on the "difficulty" algorithm - when PoW mining drops - the coin should still work with out issue

Activity: 168
has potential to take off but the foundation and community need to grow quickly

* android/iphone apps
* mining calc
* cryptsy listing
* coinwarz
* payment processor

Yes, all these would be major milestones.
Activity: 27
New 1.3 linux wallet,
Qt gui and headless.

https://mega.co.nz/#!FwV1WA5I!Nt90OhWIeTylDA1JPqf2hSTCjqCnuL3deE1zaiH_CSM

mint wallet for bounty:
MqzsBZuxmozfHNAHjgXZSLaQRyTjzZ1jF6

cheerz!
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
Yup, some PoS coins have troubles with paying stakes, else having troubles with wallets syncing, working, very often there are troubles with transactions etc. PoS coins are much harder to be kept working. Only the time will show us how good MINT is, dont forget troubles with wallet which occured few days ago, same troubles may occure with PoS staking.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Same amount of money being put into it as Doge in December, if a massive dump doesn't occur, we will be seeing 50 Satoshi within a few days Smiley

Good idea but not absolutelly exact. I will correct it:

Same amount of money being put into it as Doge in December, if a massive PUMP doesn't occur, we will be seeing 5 Satoshi within a few days...

Many people put money in however they need a refund and if they dont get it quick they will start to lose patience. This coin may go higher because its distribution, however like every PoS coin it may suffer from technical issues, pure PoW is much easier to "develope", look at many PoS coins which are currently dead because they dont work fully (like colossus).

explain "they don't work fully"?

ie: PoS - doesn't pay out?
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
Jump to: