Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 88. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I just want to put it out there, if I hurt anyone with what I said earlier, I am sorry. I don't mean to cause pain in anyway. Nothing is personal. Please forgive me.
I think it is important so say. I love everyone.

No offense taken, lets just get past all this to a better MINT.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
nice time to buy mint  Wink

Possibly. Last year, this time the price got down to 1-2 Satoshis. So we are still up 100% since last year relative to BTC. It could go up a lot, or stay the same, or drop more. Smiley

I think if it does go down much more, it will be rather temporary. I suppose we shall see. interesting. MINT has been eerily quiet lately, with the price dropping, lower and lower, and lower. I guess the lower we go the better, just so we can get this decline over-with.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
nice time to buy mint  Wink
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
 Yeah, but anyone who tries my way may still need a rescan of the blockchain. I found this out after looking to see that while the bootstrap works, the balance on my wallet was 0.
Glad you got it working
 Smiley
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Ok, so, I had this error:
Error initializing database environment /
Users/s3v3n/Library/Application Support/
MintCoin! To recover, BACKUP THAT
DIRECTORY, then remove everything from it
except for wallet.dat.

Here's what fixed it for me.

I cleared the mint directory and then put the downloaded blk0001.dat and txlvldb folder along with my wallet.dat file in the mint directory and then fired it up. Worked like a charm.  

Edit: Just to be clear, when I said I put the downloaded blk0001.dat and txlvldb folder, i am talking about the bootstrap download. All you need from it is those files,
Well, It looks like volume is picking up again....in the wrong direction lol.

Seems to be finding support around .00000005 BTC though.
Activity: 57
Merit: 1
downloaded blockchain, daemon did not recognise it? it's syncing from day 1, back to 0 blocks, even though the whole blk0001.dat file is 1.3gb big.
any ideas?

is it in the right location?
Yup, and the blk0001.dat file is expected size, I also have a folder called txleveldb with only 20k bytes
But when I startup the client, it starts from block 0... completely disregards the block file that is 1.5gb lol
Activity: 703
downloaded blockchain, daemon did not recognise it? it's syncing from day 1, back to 0 blocks, even though the whole blk0001.dat file is 1.3gb big.
any ideas?

is it in the right location?
any ideas?
sorry, are you in a cave?
have you not heard of a VPS?
My point is that I can't transfer the blockchain in the command line environment, nor from windows environment to SSH

There is another way. Ask a user with access to the blockchain to make a zip file Wink

posted a few pages back:

I have a DB that zipped up uploaded to mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w6c5ttsz0c77mtp/mintcoin.zip

this will bring you up to 11/1 for anyone that needs, and doesn't understand how the bootstrap works
I lol too Smiley Cannot help you any more than I already have.
thanks anyway, will try work it out
maybe disable encryption, that would work (as then I can do direct download from ZIP via URL)

guess you missed this post altcoin?
I did, thanks a lot for that!!
Activity: 703
My point is that I can't transfer the blockchain in the command line environment, nor from windows environment to SSH

There is another way. Ask a user with access to the blockchain to make a zip file Wink

posted a few pages back:

I have a DB that zipped up uploaded to mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w6c5ttsz0c77mtp/mintcoin.zip

this will bring you up to 11/1 for anyone that needs, and doesn't understand how the bootstrap works
maybe disable encryption, that would work (as then I can do direct download from ZIP via URL)

guess you missed this post altcoin?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
and what command in linux would allow me to download this...
wget, would not lol
what i'm getting at, need direct download URL.

This would make it a lot easier, hence i do not like the bittorrent sync idea...
Can someone please do this?

There you go!

https://mega.nz/#!JIgynSaK
what is the decryption key for the file....
Activity: 574

This would make it a lot easier, hence i do not like the bittorrent sync idea...
Can someone please do this?

There you go!

https://mega.nz/#!JIgynSaK
Activity: 750
OK, So here is my issue.. everyone says the boot strap works fine for them, when I delete everything but the wallet.dat and use the bootstrap files I am presented with this error everytime.

except for wallet.dat.

If I try and let the wallet sync normally, it stalls at 17.6% everytime..

I am using the latest update, on a Mac running OS X 10.10

When I update to the latest update it corrupted my old blockchain so I am wondering if there is an issue with the update for Mac. Also, the official link for the update is only for the mintcoind (daemon) what about a GUI version??

Any Mac users here??

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/releases/tag/v2.0.1.0

^^ thats the official link for the latest release packages. Other links such as dropbox/google drive/etc (from the mint website) SHOULD mirror those packages, but I myself don't have control over those file hosting links. When in doubt, always ALWAYS download from the github release tab. (this is actually something that we're going to push more in the future)

btw, there is indeed a Qt wallet for OSX on the above link.

Also, after reviewing your issue in more detail thanks to your error message report as well as the OS you are using, I did indeed find an issue with the OSX wallet packages and how they handle the bootstrap. I have recompiled, retested, and reuploaded the OSX packages to the above link. You shouldn't have to redownload the bootstrap, but you will need to redownload the wallet package containing the updated app.

The issue wasn't found during our testing of 2.0.1.0 because there wasn't a 2.0.1.0 bootstrap available at the time (of course), and there was no problem with simply upgrading the app version using a pre-existing data dir, and also no problem with fresh syncing.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
OK, So here is my issue.. everyone says the boot strap works fine for them, when I delete everything but the wallet.dat and use the bootstrap files I am presented with this error everytime.

except for wallet.dat.

If I try and let the wallet sync normally, it stalls at 17.6% everytime..

I am using the latest update, on a Mac running OS X 10.10

When I update to the latest update it corrupted my old blockchain so I am wondering if there is an issue with the update for Mac. Also, the official link for the update is only for the mintcoind (daemon) what about a GUI version??

Any Mac users here??
Pages:
Jump to: