Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 160. (Read 901826 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Let me guess, still no POS?

Will be 90 days soon
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
What's happening? I guess no news is no news.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
Enough TALK! Just give me my new PoS wallet.

What ever happens, will happen. Wink

But, I admit, reading that white paper only wanted me to increase my NAUT position.

I wonder if a new ANN thread is needed when NAUT goes PoS.

I actually don't think that's a good idea, a new ANN thread may end up posted up, but would imply a lack of activity on the coin overall. A lot of people will base their investment on the activity of a coin's community, and this is the primary "meeting place" for Nautiluscoin (right now)

I see goods and bads. But, a blockchain fork, move to PoS, Mutipool, white paper... it almost seems like a relaunch.

No, its development.  
Relaunching is the biggest load of rubbish, unless your only interested in pumping the price, short term. Wink

Getting more people to be aware of the coin is my goal. That may or may not pump the price. Granted, I don't care, because it would be a short term bump which I wouldn't sell on anyway.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Thanks for your opinion.

A relaunch announcement is a double edge sword for all the reasons made apparent so far, however, one of  the biggest selling points for NAUT is the economic based dynamic proof of stake,  this relies on usage, usage equates to activity. A relaunch could potentially create a perceived attitude of less activity due to the smaller page count on the thread. This possibility would harm Nautiluscoin in my opinion and is not worth the risk.

I agree  Grin  We should stay on this thread. Love the white paper, can't wait to see what the new wallet looks like.  
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

But, I admit, reading that white paper only wanted me to increase my NAUT position.

I actually don't think that's a good idea, a new ANN thread may end up posted up, but would imply a lack of activity on the coin overall. A lot of people will base their investment on the activity of a coin's community, and this is the primary "meeting place" for Nautiluscoin (right now)

I see goods and bads. But, a blockchain fork, move to PoS, Mutipool, white paper... it almost seems like a relaunch.

No, its development. 
Relaunching is the biggest load of rubbish, unless your only interested in pumping the price, short term. Wink

Getting more people to be aware of the coin is my goal. That may or may not pump the price. Granted, I don't care, because it would be a short term bump which I wouldn't sell on anyway.

A relaunch announcement is a double edge sword for all the reasons made apparent so far, however, one of  the biggest selling points for NAUT is the economic based dynamic proof of stake,  this relies on usage, usage equates to activity. A relaunch could potentially create a perceived attitude of less activity due to the smaller page count on the thread. This possibility would harm Nautiluscoin in my opinion and is not worth the risk.
legendary

No, its development. 

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

No, its development. 
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
Just read the white paper - great stuff!!

Now lets get the Multipool and DPoS rolled out and we're laughing Wink
Activity: 398
I'm wondering how the "5%" growth zone is being managed at this point in the game. Is the price being actively suppressed to keep it in this zone presently?  This may be obvious to some, but is this an Annual growth rate? I and many other "early adopters" got on board thinking there may be some benefit from incurring this early stage risk, so I'm just wondering if this was some poor logic on my part... Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.

I think you are misunderstanding what BK calls "the economy". The Economy here is the number of transactions. The interest rate is linked to the transactions, not to a certain price. Of course the price of the coin is not independant from its usage, which is the number of transactions. Also, the effect of the interest rates on supply will probably not be big at this stage of the coin, but it is a really nice concept for the future. There is no way right now the NSF or the interest rates can surpress the price and this is not intended anyway.

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I'm wondering how the "5%" growth zone is being managed at this point in the game. Is the price being actively suppressed to keep it in this zone presently?  This may be obvious to some, but is this an Annual growth rate? I and many other "early adopters" got on board thinking there may be some benefit from incurring this early stage risk, so I'm just wondering if this was some poor logic on my part... Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.
So as a long term investment coin, is it not a bad idea to become ISO 4217 compliant? This say mentioned in irc.  Also,  blocks still getting stuck. Only thing to say is proof of stake really soon

Can you elaborate on ISO 4217 ? Thanks.

Just compliance for display.  For example on some tickers bitcoin is xbt
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
So as a long term investment coin, is it not a bad idea to become ISO 4217 compliant? This say mentioned in irc.  Also,  blocks still getting stuck. Only thing to say is proof of stake really soon

Can you elaborate on ISO 4217 ? Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Blockchain stopped?
legendary

legendary

I am the first one to admit, and I have done that before, just a few posts back, that POS will not suddenly make the price sky rocketing. That was not my point anyway and I have never said that.

If this coin fails, it will not fail because it changed to POS. Thats nonsense.

No one realistically expects a skyrocket (it's nice to see but what goes up must come down), no, what believers in this coin want to see is a strong and stable growth alongside an adoption of the coin, which is what Proof of Stake, the Multipool, and the Stabilization Fund can all help to provide (as is outlined by the whitepaper). Mine, Pump, & Dump is ultimately not the kind of coin trying to be built here. But if you want to mine after the proof of stake method comes, you can use the multipool. If you want to mine directly, as with many proof of stake movements, it will probably still be possible, at significantly less returns.
Activity: 398
I am the first one to admit, and I have done that before, just a few posts back, that POS will not suddenly make the price sky rocketing. That was not my point anyway and I have never said that.

If this coin fails, it will not fail because it changed to POS. Thats nonsense.
Activity: 266
just drop digishield in favor of KGW then mining would be back on track - it's no big deal.

even the multi pools have given up on this coin - what makes you think yours will be any different.

No one wants mining except for miners. Hard to sell something to someone outside if it got 10% monthly inflation built-in. We are waiting for POS since months, it is totally unnecessary to start this discussion now. Naut will be POS, end of story.

the coin has floundered for months without POS and POS will only serve a small number of people anyway - MMA fighters, big name backer etc have done nothing for this coin and POS won;t change it's value either - mark my words, but best of luck to you - seriously....

I just think you're squandering an opportunity by keeping your heads in the sands...

I'll be back in a few week so see how the longest awaited POS is going and what's it's done to resurrect this coin.
just drop digishield in favor of KGW then mining would be back on track - it's no big deal.

even the multi pools have given up on this coin - what makes you think yours will be any different.

No one wants mining except for miners. Hard to sell something to someone outside if it got 10% monthly inflation built-in. We are waiting for POS since months, it is totally unnecessary to start this discussion now. Naut will be POS, end of story.

The multipool will be available to miners. Plus most of those other "multipools" don't typically provide payouts of non proof of stake coins except for ltc and btc.
Jump to: