Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 158. (Read 901826 times)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
abaddon
The current network sucks and blocks sometimes take hours and hours due to difficulty issues with digishield.  This needs to be addressed before a successful POS fork can take place.  The network has to be stable and predictable. While the code might be done, the testing is possibly causing some issues with this variable in mind.

No. The Mining network will cease to be and the PoS network will take over. Fixing the digishield issue isn't needed at all.

The PoS can just be coded to pick up at X block and continue the same blockchain.

In theory that is correct, but maybe they've tried (hince when i said "testing is possibly causing some issues with this variable in mind") and that is what's causing the delay.

Oh wait, looks like github updated and that's what they're doing.  Hmmm.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
The current network sucks and blocks sometimes take hours and hours due to difficulty issues with digishield.  This needs to be addressed before a successful POS fork can take place.  The network has to be stable and predictable. While the code might be done, the testing is possibly causing some issues with this variable in mind.

No. The Mining network will cease to be and the PoS network will take over. Fixing the digishield issue isn't needed at all.

The PoS can just be coded to pick up at X block and continue the same blockchain.
Activity: 154
Was the youtube-thing Weiner just tweeted anything substantial? It is blocked in my country.
Yes. :-)
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
good post badon. They make it quite hard to stay positive and I can understand everyone who has had enough of the "soons".

Was the youtube-thing Weiner just tweeted anything substantial? It is blocked in my country.
Activity: 193
has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like it would take to fork a coin to POS with unpredictable blocks that could take hours? Roll Eyes

I was with you on everything else, but what did that even mean??
Activity: 159
abaddon
I sympathize with all the thoughts on the POS delay and I agree it's been handled terribly regarding what this community needs for hand holding and updates.  The price and general sentiment here displays that.

has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like it would take to fork a coin to POS with unpredictable blocks that could take hours? Roll Eyes

Not saying this project hasn't seen some major neglect the last 2 months with empty promises of "soon" because it definitely has, and the network isn't usable in it's current form.

I've waited almost 5 months for this to happen, I'm not about to abandon it now.  I understand why others are though, if you don't have faith in the idea or project then by all means please exit now at these prices and not after the potential run up after the fix is implemented.

Everyone is welcome to come to #nautiluscoin on freenode and chat about the subject in real time if you'd like.

PS:  Awesome job mongoose on your development thus far!  Way to go
Is there some sort of timeframe till pos will be ready?

Yes, I believe the word they continue to use is "soon".
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Is there some sort of timeframe till pos will be ready?
Activity: 238
If POS is ready I'd still prefer to wait for the multipool. How long can it take?

Multipool is just about done. NAUT's blockchain problems seem to be making the transition difficult . At least this is what I understand

I don't care about a multipool, that is all BS. You keep try to distract us with all kind of useless things, like nautjobs, multipool....football llegue.

The problem is the blockchain is to slow and nobody seems to resolve it. I don't want my coins on an exchange, but I MUST leave them there because YOUR blockchain is fucked up.

If you don't realize that, and think that we care about a multipool, while that blockchain is as rotten as......, then you really need to wake up.

There is no excuse for this to take so long. Make a swap and use an others coin source that works good (the whitecoins source is the cleanest) would solve all your problems, and can be done in a few days time.

and again....BK Last Active: September 18, 2014, 08:29:09 PM

Stop BS the investors in this coin and resolve the things....Maybe it's beter that somebody takes it over?

Nautijobs is an independent project not directly related to the development of NAUT at all. If it wasn't I'd be working on it all the time and it'd be out by now, but instead I have my normal work I have to do, and this is worked on whenever I get the chance (which is rare lately).

In fact not only am I not involved in NAUT's development directly, I also specifically told both Bryce, and BK that I am not to be waited on for the launch of the new wallet.

I am only relaying information I have been given as the Community Manager, nothing more. I don't maintain the blockchain, the code, the multipool, or anything else.

I understand the frustration, but I do this out of personal belief in this coin overall, I just believe in the ideas and ideals behind it, that is all, that is what triggered Community Manager position to me. I want to see this coin succeed (and this isn't the only long term coin I hold, I just believe in this one the most), which is also why I am building my microjobs site project around it, as it is a product which supports and relies on the ideals the coin is suppose to be built on.

The long time for this transition (and this comes from a "before I had the title perspective") a list of developers who just couldn't handle the transition, or methods behind doing so.

I can assure you there is a plan in place, and it is being actively worked on. The blockchain problems don't just cause problems in sending/receiving coins, but in the development and deployment of new versions of the wallet. It's looking like some additional steps may be necessary before proof of stake, but that's all I know because that's all I've been told.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
If POS is ready I'd still prefer to wait for the multipool. How long can it take?

Multipool is just about done. NAUT's blockchain problems seem to be making the transition difficult . At least this is what I understand

I don't care about a multipool, that is all BS. You keep try to distract us with all kind of useless things, like nautjobs, multipool....football llegue.

The problem is the blockchain is to slow and nobody seems to resolve it. I don't want my coins on an exchange, but I MUST leave them there because YOUR blockchain is fucked up.

If you don't realize that, and think that we care about a multipool, while that blockchain is as rotten as......, then you really need to wake up.

There is no excuse for this to take so long. Make a swap and use an others coin source that works good (the whitecoins source is the cleanest) would solve all your problems, and can be done in a few days time.

and again....BK Last Active: September 18, 2014, 08:29:09 PM

Stop BS the investors in this coin and resolve the things....Maybe it's beter that somebody takes it over?
Activity: 42
Don't want to say I told you all so BUT.... Told you all so. Go buy some BTCD on the dip and sleep well.
Activity: 9
Bullshit. Want to trade speed bitcoin is faster? Almost two hours. the transaction is not confirmed yet.
Activity: 448

then why not just to switch start new chain many coins do it to this day. exchange old for new and done.
Activity: 238

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

Activity: 204
way earlier, i said i'd give them till the end of the month (september).  I'm probably going to stick to that.  If i sell now, i'd "break even".  That's good enough for me.  I'm officially tired of waiting for PoS.  And the hint that all we're waiting for is a stupid multipool?  Fuck the multipool.  If you have the POS code and wallet, THEN RELEASE IT ALREADY.  The multipool can come weeks later and nobody would really give a shit.  It's a small part of the overall equation, so why are we waiting for it?  BK and weiner are shooting themselves in the foot.  I hope they realize that.

I just don't give a shit anymore as long as I don't actually lose any money here.

If BK comes back with some amazing stuff to reel me back in, that's fine.  But i'm sure as hell not counting on it.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
Well I am still buying when I have some spare BTC. This is still one of my long term hodls.  Grin
Activity: 43
Yea, I'm bummed about it also... If you have to ditch, then at least get 2x out of it. That is a pretty weak pump, but it should at least have that in the next 2 months...
Another idea if anyone is listening Smiley The Black Coin community funded a $32,000 Public Relations campaign through community donations (in 72hrs I think). This got them a 90 day campaign with the firm they chose to go with. I don't know that the present NAUT community is robust enough to undertake this sort of fund raising, or even if it would pay off, but I thought the campaign could target financial/ tech investors and give us the piece of mind that someone is putting this coin in front of the target audience. Any thoughts?
Activity: 406
pretty much

meanwhile naut going back to 10.

I am really disappointed with the broken timeframes, its extremely un professional.

Thats why I got into this coin, because I thought they were gonna be professional about it, but nope, same shit different day.

I am so frustrated about it I actually thought about dumping, but I can't just let them win like that.  I will have a nice surprise for weiner when he does eventually pump it.  At this point, I have wrote it off as a loss.
still no POS, surprise surprise

"were waiting on multi pool" lmao

Weiner is too busy pushing some other BS coin.
Jump to: