Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 271. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
What's with all those 1000 sell orders? Keeping price down before the fight?
Yeah that's a bit strange... either that or a miner autoselling maybe?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
Ultimately ease of access is a primary goal here. There is nothing wrong with straight up trading fiat with your friends. People you already know.

Say I know you but don't know much about NAUT but am curious and want to buy $20 USD worth. You help me get a NAUT wallet. I hand you the $20 you transfer $20 worth of NAUT into the wallet you helped me set up.

Or use PayPal in a similar manner. Private transactions like this are completely legal last I checked.

In turn you could use that $20 USD to buy back in what you just gave to your friend.

Withdrawing to USD and so on can all be researched by your friend. But this ultimately helps the coins growth and buy demand.

You can make it easy for your friends. This is one of the many reasons Crypto currencies are great. Ease of access is pretty much built in.

Someone randomly asked me get them some NAUT. I'm sure most people know someone who uses crypto these days and there's always ebay if they don't.

I might list some on ebay actually.

They'll probably sign up to moolah in the meantime and keep an eye on the price once they've done some research as many don't trust exchanges.

What's with all those 1000 sell orders? Keeping price down before the fight?
Activity: 238
Ultimately ease of access is a primary goal here. There is nothing wrong with straight up trading fiat with your friends. People you already know.

Say I know you but don't know much about NAUT but am curious and want to buy $20 USD worth. You help me get a NAUT wallet. I hand you the $20 you transfer $20 worth of NAUT into the wallet you helped me set up.

Or use PayPal in a similar manner. Private transactions like this are completely legal last I checked.

In turn you could use that $20 USD to buy back in what you just gave to your friend.

Withdrawing to USD and so on can all be researched by your friend. But this ultimately helps the coins growth and buy demand.

You can make it easy for your friends. This is one of the many reasons Crypto currencies are great. Ease of access is pretty much built in.
Activity: 196
Has any one else read Moolah's due diligence section (https://v2.moolah.io/due-diligence)?

"We'll need to see the following in order to verify your account if you wish to use our currency exchange services, merchant conversion services or accept credit/debit cards on our storefronts.

- Government issued photo ID (e.g. passport, drivers license, identity card, etc).
 - Proof of address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, etc) dated within the last 6 months.

You can provide this information to us by opening a help desk ticket at the below URL and uploading your documents. Please include your username in any requests. Please do not send us documents via email."

I'm sure they're just trying to comply with the law, but buying BTC on coinbase, waiting 4 days then buying NAUT on MintPal seems easier to me.  Both are way too many steps.  I know we're in the early days here so if that's all we got, that's all we got.  Just wondering if there are any other options any one knew of.  

We got a bunch of MMA fans that are going to be hitting NautilusCoin.com on July 5th and some are going to want to buy.  Is there an easy way?

www.Cryptsy.com will be opening their USD/BTC markets today I believe @ some point. Verification is needed to make USD withdraws & deposits, however, once you are verified, your good to go. I'm not sure of details, you may want to look @ the exchange and see.

Edit: This will enable you to buy BTC with USD & buy NAUT on market right there, or trade it as you see fit, w/o transferring coins to a bunch of different places.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Has any one else read Moolah's due diligence section (https://v2.moolah.io/due-diligence)?

"We'll need to see the following in order to verify your account if you wish to use our currency exchange services, merchant conversion services or accept credit/debit cards on our storefronts.

- Government issued photo ID (e.g. passport, drivers license, identity card, etc).
 - Proof of address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, etc) dated within the last 6 months.

You can provide this information to us by opening a help desk ticket at the below URL and uploading your documents. Please include your username in any requests. Please do not send us documents via email."

I'm sure they're just trying to comply with the law, but buying BTC on coinbase, waiting 4 days then buying NAUT on MintPal seems easier to me.  Both are way too many steps.  I know we're in the early days here so if that's all we got, that's all we got.  Just wondering if there are any other options any one knew of. 

We got a bunch of MMA fans that are going to be hitting NautilusCoin.com on July 5th and some are going to want to buy.  Is there an easy way?

I don't think it is so much law as risk. Selling crypto coins for payment methods that have chargebacks is very risky for the merchant.

Localbitcoins.com. Find someone local to buy bitcoins from. Meet then at a police office to exchange cash for coins. Once you have BTC you have several options available to buy NAUT with. Probably the fastest way.

The localbitcoins route sounds like a major hassle.  I was thinking more like 1) click on link 2) put in credit card info 3) get NAUT.  We're talking about people that are new to crypto.  "Go to your local police station and make the exchange" is a non-starter.  The easier we make it for people the more that buy.  Are we better off telling people to give us their email address and we'll let them know when they can purchase NAUT for USD?

What else can we do?

Yep, there's easy and slow, or hassle and fast. This will never change as long as you are talking about buying crypto with zero charge back for non-cash payments like credit card and paypal that do have charge backs. The only places that even do it charge a huge fee to do it.

Or, we have to find a US brokerage that will list NAUT... one that accepts wires. At least investors know how to deal with a brokerage.

I take it agx.io still doesn't have a USD market yet?
Activity: 8

I'm sure they're just trying to comply with the law, but buying BTC on coinbase, waiting 4 days then buying NAUT on MintPal seems easier to me.  Both are way too many steps.  I know we're in the early days here so if that's all we got, that's all we got.  Just wondering if there are any other options any one knew of. 

We got a bunch of MMA fans that are going to be hitting NautilusCoin.com on July 5th and some are going to want to buy.  Is there an easy way?

I don't think it is so much law as risk. Selling crypto coins for payment methods that have chargebacks is very risky for the merchant.

Localbitcoins.com. Find someone local to buy bitcoins from. Meet then at a police office to exchange cash for coins. Once you have BTC you have several options available to buy NAUT with. Probably the fastest way.

The localbitcoins route sounds like a major hassle.  I was thinking more like 1) click on link 2) put in credit card info 3) get NAUT.  We're talking about people that are new to crypto.  "Go to your local police station and make the exchange" is a non-starter.  The easier we make it for people the more that buy.  Are we better off telling people to give us their email address and we'll let them know when they can purchase NAUT for USD?

What else can we do?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Activity: 8

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Who's bot is holding us down with all those 1k sell orders?

Better pull em now
Activity: 195
If an informational video is ever considered I would vote to consult these guys -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eU2INYe4gk#t=21
It's freaking hilarious!  Cheesy

thats a really clever video, its funny and could almost become a real coin =)
Activity: 406
If an informational video is ever considered I would vote to consult these guys -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eU2INYe4gk#t=21
It's freaking hilarious!  Cheesy
Morning All -

just wanted to pass along the update on PoS from the dev team:

"i think we will be able to test the implementation before 5th july.
sources are more or less finished. just some informational stuff like staking icon and staking stats + stake modifier in kernel need some adatpions. i am on it today. i ll give you n final update tonight/tomorrow morning."

-BK
Sweet! Smiley Great to hear that we're almost there!
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
when this moons we'll be astroNAUTs  Grin

More like cryoNAUTs cause of the Nautiluscoin Stabilization Fund  Wink
Activity: 258

But for now we're just Crypto-NAUTs Wink
Activity: 534
Activity: 195
Morning All -

just wanted to pass along the update on PoS from the dev team:

"i think we will be able to test the implementation before 5th july.
sources are more or less finished. just some informational stuff like staking icon and staking stats + stake modifier in kernel need some adatpions. i am on it today. i ll give you n final update tonight/tomorrow morning."

-BK

great stuff BK, thank you kindly for the update

As for best/worst practices - I agree we need to look around and see what others are doing - but most important IMO is to compete with economics - that is our value proposition.   I have a few ideas that I am fleshing out right now - but mostly I am spending time today finishing my book on Bitcoin/alts.  Of course NAUT is a big part of the book!

I think the next steps are this:

1.) Test implement PoS
2.) Update website BEFORE fight so that it clearly shows how to buy NAUT
3.) Layout long term plan - 6 months + (which I am working on now)

-BK

maybe we could create a future road map on the website with a time line that shows whats happened in the past as well showing how far you come with the coin.

youtube video's on how to purchase naut easily could help as well.

im a web dev in training but im a very experience song writer / producer, im going to create a catchy nautilus tune to try spread the word of naut as i feel thats my best avenue for contributing to the community. =)

Jump to: