Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 304. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Following on Twitter @pyramusx
Not to shit on the effort you're putting in banana2995, but a forum unless planned very well and designed very well, would not be as useful as using what already exists. Like this thread, though it is very active so that's not a problem. But we also have the NautilusCoin subreddit and now a Facebook page. Reddit could be more useful, I mean if anything they should make someone as active and as eager as you a moderator on it.

If a dedicated forum is created, it runs the risk of becoming very inactive and that can be pretty damaging to the image of a coin. Instead we should focus on making what we already have as active as possible.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
I kind of been hacking together a forum for us for the past hour. While I have coding and some web experience, I have never made or ran a forum before. I am open to all ideas and comments about it. I am just learning the basics so please be patient with me.

You can find it at nautiluscoinforum.com

Awesome stuff mate keep it simple and it should be peice of cake =)
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I kind of been hacking together a forum for us for the past hour. While I have coding and some web experience, I have never made or ran a forum before. I am open to all ideas and comments about it. I am just learning the basics so please be patient with me.

You can find it at nautiluscoinforum.com
theres no reason why everything in the dedicated forums cant be posted here and vice versa.

when this thread starts to grow a lot of people dont have the time to sift through 100's of page's, thats all i was thinking in terms of dedicated forum.

a larger net catches more fish =)

Activity: 695
Merit: 500
here are some ideas that i believe will help naut

-dedicated forums
with different sections so information is easy to find instead of just posting all problems in this thread.
i can sort this out if ur interested bk, name registration and hosting along with site design can come out of my own pocket as i believe in this coin.

-NSF page for transparency page with all trades listed
this could also be listed on the forum as well, showing transparency and maybe even nauti ppls can share their ideas on best way to perform the price appreciation in current market conditions.

-paper wallet
a much requested item, im sure someone will be able to create something along these lines as cold storage is good for long term investors.

-multi algo multipool that mines the most profitable coins and exchanges them for naut (when it goes pos mode)
multipool combine with the NSF should be a very good start with price appreciation on top of merchant adoption and naut going POS
IMO this is rather important and could be set up soon as we have confirmation that BK is working on POS as we speak!!!!

-tipping bot
i know its in the works but being able to tip someone on facebook even can go along way, everyone love free money and it drives new user to the crypto world.

-mobile wallets (iOS & Android)
this can come down the track but its always good to talk about ideas surrounding the notion.

-Faucet for free naut (obviously small amount)
a faucet that pays out coin for sharing in some viral way on social media.

-bounties for media like articles, blogs and videos etc. marketing naut to investors and savers as a stable growth wall street crypto coin.

i can even make a catchy nautilus song, i have been a music composer and producer for many years. Could make a catchy dance track, something to get the nauti ppl moving =)

If you guys got some more ideas please share them, we can build this thing to be something special right in time for wall street investors getting involved in crypto. If we can get super stable growth we can pitch it to investors as a hedge for volatility in other coins.

imo social media has a big impact in the crypto world so a little bit of a marketing campaign in the social circles mite spread awareness.

Some forums can look like the above, yes it is helpful to have sections where you can look up details, a lot of people here invest in more then one coin and it is easier to move around the threads all in one place. Some people also judge a coin by the amount of pages on each coins thread to see how strong/popular the community it has.
here are some ideas that i believe will help naut

-dedicated forums
with different sections so information is easy to find instead of just posting all problems in this thread.
i can sort this out if ur interested bk, name registration and hosting along with site design can come out of my own pocket as i believe in this coin.

-NSF page for transparency page with all trades listed
this could also be listed on the forum as well, showing transparency and maybe even nauti ppls can share their ideas on best way to perform the price appreciation in current market conditions.

-paper wallet
a much requested item, im sure someone will be able to create something along these lines as cold storage is good for long term investors.

-multi algo multipool that mines the most profitable coins and exchanges them for naut (when it goes pos mode)
multipool combine with the NSF should be a very good start with price appreciation on top of merchant adoption and naut going POS
IMO this is rather important and could be set up soon as we have confirmation that BK is working on POS as we speak!!!!

-tipping bot
i know its in the works but being able to tip someone on facebook even can go along way, everyone love free money and it drives new user to the crypto world.

-mobile wallets (iOS & Android)
this can come down the track but its always good to talk about ideas surrounding the notion.

-Faucet for free naut (obviously small amount)
a faucet that pays out coin for sharing in some viral way on social media.

-bounties for media like articles, blogs and videos etc. marketing naut to investors and savers as a stable growth wall street crypto coin.

i can even make a catchy nautilus song, i have been a music composer and producer for many years. Could make a catchy dance track, something to get the nauti ppl moving =)

If you guys got some more ideas please share them, we can build this thing to be something special right in time for wall street investors getting involved in crypto. If we can get super stable growth we can pitch it to investors as a hedge for volatility in other coins.

imo social media has a big impact in the crypto world so a little bit of a marketing campaign in the social circles mite spread awareness.
Activity: 210

This is also why you should backup your wallet after every spend. (Well, depends on how the wallet works. Some created extra address ahead of time and use those. Some generate them on the fly. But, backup your wallet at least once a week.)

+1 .. can't stress that enough

Did you try what newra suggested above??
Not yet. I  PM'ed Newra a few questions regarding on what happens during a repair. I don't want to lose 90 Nautiluscoins and all my "evidence" that something might be wrong in the case that something is wrong. Right now I have a transaction log on my laptop wallet that differs from the blockchain explorers. I do not want to lose that transaction log. I just thought to check mintpal to see if they received an extra 90 NAUT but they had not.

Are you sure all your coins are on the same address? It is possible that you have 90 in a change address that your wallet knows about. A change address would be a different Address from you main address.. but if you wallet owns it then it will show in your wallet balance.

I think there is a menu item that shows all your addresses and the balance on each address.

But, this would explain the discrepancy because the block explorer would only show you coins in an "address" not in a "wallet".

What PilotofBTC said is exactly what I was thinking too. I was going to suggest that to you next.
This time goto debug console and type:

listaddressgroupings

That should list all the addresses in your wallet and their balances (including change addresses I believe). Add them up and see how much you've ...
I profusely thank everyone who helped me out, especially PilotfBTC, Kehtolo, and Newra. I did the listaddressgroupings and found the missing addresses with 90 NAUT. It is weird to me because I have only used one address for all my inputs and I checked the one other address that was visible to me and unused. I have no idea where the 4 other addresses came from, but I am glad to know I have them. I have used dogecoin extensively with many different receiving addresses for my workers in the past and for some reason always got the total wallet balance whenever I lookedup one of my many receiving addresses. I guess this coin is just a little different in that respect. I will be purchasing a few bitcoins worth more in the next couple days. Sorry for the false accusations and thank you for resolving my problems.

You are most welcome ! I am glad you figured it all out.
I would highly recommend you (or anyone new to cryptos) spend a few minutes reading this: http://bitzuma.com/posts/five-ways-to-lose-money-with-bitcoin-change-addresses/

Ok its time for you to get Nauti-er I guess Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Not yet. I  PM'ed Newra a few questions regarding on what happens during a repair. I don't want to lose 90 Nautiluscoins and all my "evidence" that something might be wrong in the case that something is wrong. Right now I have a transaction log on my laptop wallet that differs from the blockchain explorers. I do not want to lose that transaction log. I just thought to check mintpal to see if they received an extra 90 NAUT but they had not.

Are you sure all your coins are on the same address? It is possible that you have 90 in a change address that your wallet knows about. A change address would be a different Address from you main address.. but if you wallet owns it then it will show in your wallet balance.

I think there is a menu item that shows all your addresses and the balance on each address.

But, this would explain the discrepancy because the block explorer would only show you coins in an "address" not in a "wallet".

What PilotofBTC said is exactly what I was thinking too. I was going to suggest that to you next.

listaddressgroupings

That should list all the addresses in your wallet and their balances (including change addresses I believe). Add them up and see how much you've ...
I profusely thank everyone who helped me out, especially PilotfBTC, Kehtolo, and Newra. I did the listaddressgroupings and found the missing addresses with 90 NAUT. It is weird to me because I have only used one address for all my inputs and I checked the one other address that was visible to me and unused. I have no idea where the 4 other addresses came from, but I am glad to know I have them. I have used dogecoin extensively with many different receiving addresses for my workers in the past and for some reason always got the total wallet balance whenever I lookedup one of my many receiving addresses. I guess this coin is just a little different in that respect. I will be purchasing a few bitcoins worth more in the next couple days. Sorry for the false accusations and thank you for resolving my problems.

No worries, you should google "change address" and it will explain it.

Basically, when you send X amount of NAUT, the wallet picks the closest amount of "inputs" to make that amount of "output" (your spend). But, if those inputs exceed your output then you will get "change".

Sort of like when you give a cashier a $20 bill for an $8 purchase.

The wallet generates a NEW address for the change to be sent to. This is done for security (obscurity) so that it isn't possible to track every one of your transactions in the block chain.

This is also why you should backup your wallet after every spend. (Well, depends on how the wallet works. Some created extra address ahead of time and use those. Some generate them on the fly. But, backup your wallet at least once a week.)

Activity: 154
Not yet. I  PM'ed Newra a few questions regarding on what happens during a repair. I don't want to lose 90 Nautiluscoins and all my "evidence" that something might be wrong in the case that something is wrong. Right now I have a transaction log on my laptop wallet that differs from the blockchain explorers. I do not want to lose that transaction log. I just thought to check mintpal to see if they received an extra 90 NAUT but they had not.

listaddressgroupings

It wasn't really a false accusation from you though. You saw what you thought was a technical problem and you notified the community. That's actually a good thing in my book :-) I'm really happy that it was resolved and your coins are safe!
Not yet. I  PM'ed Newra a few questions regarding on what happens during a repair. I don't want to lose 90 Nautiluscoins and all my "evidence" that something might be wrong in the case that something is wrong. Right now I have a transaction log on my laptop wallet that differs from the blockchain explorers. I do not want to lose that transaction log. I just thought to check mintpal to see if they received an extra 90 NAUT but they had not.

listaddressgroupings

listaddressgroupings

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Activity: 707
I just emailed through the site this email.

Hi, my name is ________, my bitcointalk username is banana2995, and my wallet address is "NMCTofdhGVLfSibtoPK4sxCDCLdX1rQBjA". I am having a balance discrepancy between the Nautiluscoin explorers and my laptop wallet. My laptop wallet is correct  in saying I have "8847.30435649 NAUT". I personally went through all my transactions and that is the correct amount. The blockchain explorers, however, say my wallet amount is "8757.278641 NAUT". The discrepancy starts on 5/17/2014 when I transferred 2000 coins to mintpal in the form of 10 NAUT and subsequently 1990 NAUT. For some reason, the blockchain says I transferred approximately 2090 coins when you add up the 6 transactions on the explorer. I am not disgruntled or angry, but I must hold off buying Nautiliuscoin until this is resolved. If you need anything from me, I will do my best to give it to you in a professional and timely manner.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
My problem arises in the output part (....). I sent 2000 to my mintpal account in the forms of 10 Naut nad 1990 Naut. For some reason the explorer says I sent about 2090 Naut, 90 MORE than I supposedly sent.

are you sure your not looking at the total in the block?
Well, on the rich list I am number 65 with 90 coins less than my wallet shows I have.

Maybe you didn't wait long enough?  IT refreshes every 30min. When i looked around position 65 - there is no wallet with the number of coins you stated.
My guess is that the list is showing the correct amount now.

It has been a few days/a week at the wrong amount.  The block Explorer shows this "65       8757.278641 NAUT   NMCTofdhGVLfSibtoPK4sxCDCLdX1rQBjA".

My wallet on my computer shows 8847.30435649 Naut.

And it is fully synchronized? I dunno what this could mean..
I put your wallet address into the block explorer and it said: 8757.27864062 NAUT

http://explorer.nautiluscoin.com/address/NMCTofdhGVLfSibtoPK4sxCDCLdX1rQBjA

I would take it up with the Devs.. but I'm not sure how to contact them. Perhaps the main page?

I would find this slightly worrying unless we get a logical answer.
Thanks I will try to contact them. My wallet amount is the correct amount based on my transactions.  I personally went through them all and compared the transactions with the block chain website.  The block chain website has it "wrong". I still believe in this coin though and will probably buy 2 btc worth once I get this resolved.

Goto the debug console and type the command: 'checkwallet'
If it returns anything other than:
    {
      "wallet check passed": true
    }

You should run: 'repairwallet'
You may have to run it a few times until you get the message above.

As always backup your wallet, before trying these.
Good Luck !

My problem arises in the output part (....). I sent 2000 to my mintpal account in the forms of 10 Naut nad 1990 Naut. For some reason the explorer says I sent about 2090 Naut, 90 MORE than I supposedly sent.

Well, on the rich list I am number 65 with 90 coins less than my wallet shows I have.

Maybe you didn't wait long enough?  IT refreshes every 30min. When i looked around position 65 - there is no wallet with the number of coins you stated.

It has been a few days/a week at the wrong amount.  The block Explorer shows this "65       8757.278641 NAUT   NMCTofdhGVLfSibtoPK4sxCDCLdX1rQBjA".

I put your wallet address into the block explorer and it said: 8757.27864062 NAUT

I would take it up with the Devs.. but I'm not sure how to contact them. Perhaps the main page?

Thanks I will try to contact them. My wallet amount is the correct amount based on my transactions.  I personally went through them all and compared the transactions with the block chain website.  The block chain website has it "wrong". I still believe in this coin though and will probably buy 2 btc worth once I get this resolved.
Activity: 707

Maybe you didn't wait long enough?  IT refreshes every 30min. When i looked around position 65 - there is no wallet with the number of coins you stated.

It has been a few days/a week at the wrong amount.  The block Explorer shows this "65       8757.278641 NAUT   NMCTofdhGVLfSibtoPK4sxCDCLdX1rQBjA".

Jump to: