Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 306. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I think BK is starting to involve himself more. I really like that!! We are getting more information, like that we will start to feel more involved in this coin.

The issue with the slow blockchain, ....explained by BK , that makes the difference....great work BK!!!

Information is really important....every day again.

You do have to remember, BK does have a family and family life, so sometimes he may be busy or out of the office on weekends, but there is quite a bit more info more regularly :-)

Also, here's BK defending Bitcoin and acceptance.
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000283145&play=1
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
I think BK is starting to involve himself more. I really like that!! We are getting more information, like that we will start to feel more involved in this coin.

The issue with the slow blockchain, ....explained by BK , that makes the difference....great work BK!!!

Information is really important....every day again.

Activity: 154
Yay we've reached page 100! Naut milestone.
And it's only been a little over a month :-) The NAUT community isn't that big yet, but the people involved seem to be very smart and very passionate. So happy I bought in! This is probably one of the only altcoins I see as actually going anywhere beyond the initial pump and dump.
Yay we've reached page 100! Naut milestone.
wallet links are dead
can you fix it ?
or there are no wallets for this coin

Wallet links are blocked by this forum, there are wallets for this coin, visit http://www.nautiluscoin.com/ and scroll down.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
wallet links are dead
can you fix it ?
or there are no wallets for this coin
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
That probably explains the syncing issues I was having with the NAUT wallet but it is fine now. That said, the NAUT wallet is incredibly fast at downloading the blockchain - definitely one of the fastest I've seen. 

because the blockchain is virtually empty.. almost all of the transactions are happening on exchanges which are off chain.
Activity: 195
That probably explains the syncing issues I was having with the NAUT wallet but it is fine now. That said, the NAUT wallet is incredibly fast at downloading the blockchain - definitely one of the fastest I've seen. 

yea i had the same problem and now its all fixed good stuff guys =)
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Following on Twitter @pyramusx
Activity: 210
Hi all - we are experiencing some slow block times.  Just wanted to let you know we are aware of it and working on the fix. I think part of the issue may be miners trying to time Digishield. Feel free to point some hash at NAUT!!

BK
BK - you probably know this, but there's something wrong with the mining algorithm. As of right now there's only 50k coins mined every day, instead of the supposed 250k. It's not necessarily a bad thing though. If POS is implemented at let's say June 30th we would have about 6 million coins mined in total. The NSF would then make up almost 3% and would be able to better support the price.

it can only be a good thing that there are less coins to dump daily.
It's certainly a positive from that perspective. It does however point to an underlying technical issue that should be corrected to avoid problems with network security and other similar things. Still, it might be resolved if POS is implemented properly so it might not be worth fixing if POS will come soon anyway.

Thanks for pointing this out and yes I have noticed it. It appears some of the mining pools may be trying to 'game' Digishield and that is causing some slow block times and fewer coins mined.  Digishield is working on an update which we will implement. 

The best part about crypto? The community has your back!!!

Oh I see, yeah that actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for responding! It's really cool that you interact with the community the way you do :-) Makes me even more confident about this coins future. So is the plan still to move over to POS after 16 million coins mined, or will we move sooner as the Digishield problems caused some delay?

It seems to me that POS promotes a much greater stability than POW, so it will be ideal for a coin like Nautiluscoin. One big reason seems to be that you have to actually buy the coin to benefit from the staking, where's a miner can just connect his rig to a multipool and have it mine whatever is profitable without caring about the coin at all. Usually if you invest in a coin you want it to be stable so that the rest of your investment is safe, but a miner can just dump and move on to the next coin in the blink of an eye.
BK - you probably know this, but there's something wrong with the mining algorithm. As of right now there's only 50k coins mined every day, instead of the supposed 250k. It's not necessarily a bad thing though. If POS is implemented at let's say June 30th we would have about 6 million coins mined in total. The NSF would then make up almost 3% and would be able to better support the price.

It's certainly a positive from that perspective. It does however point to an underlying technical issue that should be corrected to avoid problems with network security and other similar things. Still, it might be resolved if POS is implemented properly so it might not be worth fixing if POS will come soon anyway.

Thanks for pointing this out and yes I have noticed it. It appears some of the mining pools may be trying to 'game' Digishield and that is causing some slow block times and fewer coins mined.  Digishield is working on an update which we will implement. 

The best part about crypto? The community has your back!!!

Activity: 476

Activity: 406
Wooooohoooo look at those hammers on the 12 hr

looks like we might have some bright days ahead this weekend.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/nautbtc
Activity: 196
Im getting nervous. Mabey we can start up a fund to permanently encapsulate BK & his family in some sort of sub-terranian bunker complex, with secure , concrete reinforced tunnel systems to his places of employment..na.. thats just crazy talk. lol
if i may ask, are you the only one with access to the premine ? is there a "backup" if something happens to you ?

That's actually a really good question.   Undecided

I believe it was mentioned somewhere (in this thread) there are other staff who help in the utilization of the NSF.

It's a legit question: the plan for the NSF is the same plan for my money management business...there is a continuity plan in case I get hit by a bus. I do hope that I have laid out enough of a vision for coin that if the aforementioned bus does curtail my life functions that the community could carry on the development. Now, enough talk of my demise!!!!! Back to promoting NAUT...#GetNAUTi
if i may ask, are you the only one with access to the premine ? is there a "backup" if something happens to you ?

He should have his wife get into Altcoins lol

hahah!  Mrs BK thinks I am crazy...but she gives me a little leeway since I was an early adopter of Skype...way way back...when it sucked.
Jump to: