Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 305. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
this is me just guessing but i think BK will implement POS as soon as its ready and not wait for all the coins to be mined.

merchant news and POS news will only send the price higher from here, i think we have see the bottom nauti ppls =)
Hope so, I don't think multi pools having even more coins to dump would be the best thing. Normally I'm all for mining in the sense that it helps diversify the coin into the pockets of many different investors. Right now though I think it would just mean that a few big holders would snatch up most of the dumped coins at very low prices, and we would end up with a very top-heavy rich list. We've had a while for the coin to be mined, sold and bought on some of the biggest exchanges. In my opinion I think it's time to move towards building stability, and that starts with POS to negate the downward push caused by multi pools.

Regardless of that I trust BK to make the right decision together with the devs :-) I'm very impressed by BK's knowledge about crypto and the long-term outlook for this coin, so whatever happens in the short term doesn't really concern me.
Activity: 707
Merit: 500

UK here so looks like I'll have to print out some paper wallets myself, perhaps we could get some designs and advice going on this thread.

I posted this over on the reddit Naut page, someone was asking about VanityGen paper wallets...i hope it is helpful.

""Generally, to find out the address format of a given crypto-coin (i.e. the number after the -X option of vanitygen) one can use this service:
http://darkgamex.ch:2751/q/decode_address/

Example: Take any Litecoin address, e.g. "LNipKabgGoTPnzhxsyFwTZdjVSXybjWucp", and submit this URL:

http://darkgamex.ch:2751/q/decode_address/LNipKabgGoTPnzhxsyFwTZdjVSXybjWucp

The browser output will be: 30:265dcf8616a9723d3b4ba35c246b041e20013597"

I then did this with a Nautilus address: Nfzzug9r1K4p3BNgN9UaioWbAcXXyewoox

And got the reply in browser - 35:dc560898059dc7be7903d8f4a54408fa1ace92c4

So the key piece of information here is 35

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Vanitygen

The 35 is Nautcoin's address format in hex (!), i.e. 35 (hex) = 53 (decimal) [because 316 + 51 = 53], i.e. use -X 53 in vanitygen to generate Nautcoin addresses."
Activity: 1036
Yay we've reached page 100! Naut milestone.

Love it!!! Page 100, I feel like we should have a cake!!!!

Also, want to let everyone know I spoke with Prypto and I will be ordering NAUT cards - this is a baby step toward acceptance, but it will make it easy for me to sell NAUT to my Wall Street friends.  If they can touch and feel something they will feel better about forking over fiat.

Prypto is doing some very exciting things, so far I have been very impressed.

BK

This is exciting to me, also a perfect gift with birthday cards.

Will they be customized with NAUT logo?

Yep, I hope so, will be working on that today.

UK here so looks like I'll have to print out some paper wallets myself, perhaps we could get some designs and advice going on this thread.
Activity: 695

Did someone mention cake? YumYum Cheesy
Activity: 210

Also, want to let everyone know I spoke with Prypto and I will be ordering NAUT cards - this is a baby step toward acceptance, but it will make it easy for me to sell NAUT to my Wall Street friends.  If they can touch and feel something they will feel better about forking over fiat.

BK

Yep, I hope so, will be working on that today.

Activity: 1036

BK

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
+ those with coins on exchange places
Activity: 707
My problem arises in the output part (....). I sent 2000 to my mintpal account in the forms of 10 Naut nad 1990 Naut. For some reason the explorer says I sent about 2090 Naut, 90 MORE than I supposedly sent.

are you sure your not looking at the total in the block?
Well, on the rich list I am number 65 with 90 coins less than my wallet shows I have.

Maybe you didn't wait long enough?  IT refreshes every 30min. When i looked around position 65 - there is no wallet with the number of coins you stated.
My guess is that the list is showing the correct amount now.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
My problem arises in the output part (....). I sent 2000 to my mintpal account in the forms of 10 Naut nad 1990 Naut. For some reason the explorer says I sent about 2090 Naut, 90 MORE than I supposedly sent.

Well, on the rich list I am number 65 with 90 coins less than my wallet shows I have.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

I want to buy a few bitcoins worth of nautiluscoin more, but I am having problems with the two block explorers. For some reason the explorer shows my wallet containing approximately 90 Naut less than the wallet on my computer shows. Is there a problem with my wallet or the chain?

This is my wallet according the the chain. http://explorer.nautiluscoin.com/address/NMCTofdhGVLfSibtoPK4sxCDCLdX1rQBjA
My wallet says it contains   8847.30435649 Naut
Activity: 238
this is me just guessing but i think BK will implement POS as soon as its ready and not wait for all the coins to be mined.

merchant news and POS news will only send the price higher from here, i think we have see the bottom nauti ppls =)

So far all signs point to the likeliness of being implemented as soon as ready. But we shall see. Hopefully the Proof of Stake helps to prevent dumpers.
Activity: 195

Activity: 204
I think BK is starting to involve himself more. I really like that!! We are getting more information, like that we will start to feel more involved in this coin.

+1

BK

Good news  : )

Also the 8700 bid on MintPal is the NSF...any trolls who don't like NAUT please feel free to sell us your coins.....

EDIT: the 8700 bid for 20,000 NAUT

Great news!  My fears of the price tumbling towards zero are slowly fading away.  You have built a decent dam to stem the tides.  But i still must reiterate that the time leading up to the change from POW to POS is very crucial.

BK - you probably know this, but there's something wrong with the mining algorithm. As of right now there's only 50k coins mined every day, instead of the supposed 250k. It's not necessarily a bad thing though. If POS is implemented at let's say June 30th we would have about 6 million coins mined in total. The NSF would then make up almost 3% and would be able to better support the price.

it can only be a good thing that there are less coins to dump daily.

+1  But can we get an answer as to whether Proof Of Stake will be implemented as soon as it is ready?   Or after all 16million coins are finished mining?  It would be very good to know for sure.

BK:  Thanks for staying active here!

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
all i see is mune and im getting excited, been waiting a long time
Activity: 238

BK
BK, that's awesome! I's great for the rest of us who want to get other people involved as well. I gave my family Bitcoin wallets for Christmas last year, and I was thinking of doing the same thing for my friend when he gets married this summer. I'll give him a Nautiluscoin card instead if I can get one in time!

Please let us know if there's something you need help with from the community. There's a lot of really talented people ready to give you a hand if need be Smiley

My future father in law has been curious about the virtual currency world, I would absolutely do the same for him.

Know anyone who's got a lot of python (django) experience willing to help me with a project? (I've had other more immediately paying projects take over my time as of late, the plight of being employed, lol).
Activity: 154

BK
BK, that's awesome! I's great for the rest of us who want to get other people involved as well. I gave my family Bitcoin wallets for Christmas last year, and I was thinking of doing the same thing for my friend when he gets married this summer. I'll give him a Nautiluscoin card instead if I can get one in time!

Please let us know if there's something you need help with from the community. There's a lot of really talented people ready to give you a hand if need be Smiley
Also the 8700 bid on MintPal is the NSF...any trolls who don't like NAUT please feel free to sell us your coins.....

EDIT: the 8700 bid for 20,000 NAUT

BK
Jump to: