Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 302. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Looks like bidcoind has added nautiluscoin (or so says their twitter).
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
Go POS, forget about the merged mining. If the coin that you planning to merge with start to have problems (dev, FUD, scam...etc,etc) than NAUT will sofer as well...and you can't do anything about it. STAY INDEPENDENT so that YOU can control your coin.

If you have plans or ideas then talk with more then 1 dev about it. Maybe things are possible, maybe not easy.

We are on the right way... comunicating, giving bits of information....you will see, NAUT will start to rise and rise.

Activity: 154
nomp.thecryptopool.com is down. I think this was a big source of the Network hashrate and subsequently the blockchain has slowed to a crawl. We all need to get on UBER pool as it seems to be the only one that is even alive, and get the blockchain moving.
Damn, nice catch. Another reason for POS I guess, we shouldn't be dependent on one pool controlling a vast majority of the network Sad
Edit: Does anyone know the owner of UBER pool? If everyone starts mining there we'll be giving them a substantial part of the hashrate. Would be nice to hear that the owner is alright before that...
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
nomp.thecryptopool.com is down. I think this was a big source of the Network hashrate and subsequently the blockchain has slowed to a crawl. We all need to get on UBER pool as it seems to be the only one that is even alive, and get the blockchain moving.
BlockChain reports last block found 3Hrs 25min ago. Sad
any details that can be released to public about POS  BK. now would be a good time to drip feed some info to turn this little rally into a big rally
Imagine if BK announced that POW ends after 5 million coins :-) We'd be at 2 dollars a coin within a week!
Activity: 158
i am mining the coin.the pos is cool too. Grin
Activity: 195
any details that can be released to public about POS  BK. now would be a good time to drip feed some info to turn this little rally into a big rally
Activity: 195
nautiluscoin on the move people if you havent got some now would be a good time =)

I would like to have PoS implemented before all the coins are mined

Have you considered keeping a minimal POW reward for security purposes and adding merged mining, say under Myriad coin? I'm under the impression that at a certain point POS alone provides insufficient security.

This is what MYR is doing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R78lUtwnVB9o0CZpYnxWDSyZP-adgfcN4yfu1PM8jzQ/edit

It doesn't have to be anything material to park it under their merged mining chain & piggy back on their network hash and use that for security.

Please no merge mining, it will delude the value of the coin as miners will get more coins for the same hash and will be selling even cheaper.

Go pure PoS and if you want additional block-chain security, then go PoS/PoT like Fluttercoin.

For me personally pure PoS is good enough as I am sure we will have good distribution and a lot of staking wallets. Also with the NSF on board, I really don't see how anybody will manage to get 51% of all staking coins.
Yeah, as the NSF has been buying a lot at these low prices I think it controls a significantly larger % now than before. This is really good from a PoS security perspective as it will make sure that a fairly large % of the blockchain is secured by a friendly party.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad

Have you considered keeping a minimal POW reward for security purposes and adding merged mining, say under Myriad coin? I'm under the impression that at a certain point POS alone provides insufficient security.

This is what MYR is doing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R78lUtwnVB9o0CZpYnxWDSyZP-adgfcN4yfu1PM8jzQ/edit

It doesn't have to be anything material to park it under their merged mining chain & piggy back on their network hash and use that for security.

Please no merge mining, it will delude the value of the coin as miners will get more coins for the same hash and will be selling even cheaper.

Go pure PoS and if you want additional block-chain security, then go PoS/PoT like Fluttercoin.

For me personally pure PoS is good enough as I am sure we will have good distribution and a lot of staking wallets. Also with the NSF on board, I really don't see how anybody will manage to get 51% of all staking coins.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Following on Twitter @pyramusx
I should have done it earlier but I sent in 200 NAUT for a shirt a few days ago. Any idea of when a next batch of shirts will be made and sent out?
Activity: 196
BK, after reading your latest Twitter post, perhaps this bunker complex ? Naaaa , just file a complaint with the FAA, there should be 45 minutes of fuel onboard ANY aircraft in addition to whats required to go from point A to point B to allow said aircraft to fly @ cruising speed for the aforementioned 45 minutes. (Approach, Decent & pattern speeds are highly reduced & use less fuel generally) [Refrence: http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviation_industry/airline_operators/airline_safety/info/all_infos/media/2008/info08004.pdf

Shirts look nice from what I can see, I guess im a bit of a hoarder, as I dont wanna give up 200 Naut for one...heh, I do support the project tho!

Have a good weekend everyone

I would definitely go back to mining it with merged mining.
Merged mining is very attractive to me as a miner. I could choose freely to support mine the coin I like instead of always choosing the most profitable at the moment. And I like MYR too tbh. I'm not explaining myself properly but I hope I'm getting the point across.
This is just my opinion, but I think this coin needs to be POS for several reasons. One of them being that it sets it aside from Bitcoin and Litecoin (the two largest coins) technologically. If it uses regular POW scrypt mining, it will essentially only be a Litecoin clone with fewer coins. That's speaking purely about the technical basis of course, and not the stabilization fund which I think is truly unique. Using POS will also make the price more stable as it will stop the constant dumping from miners and give better network security, which will be especially important when scrypt ASICs starts to be widely available.

could not agree more with this comment. MYR is great on its own merit but merged mining or any continued mining long term is a terrible idea. nautilus needs its own identity, even tying it to the blake merged mining set of coins was a mess.
Thanks :-) I also think that POS will really appeal to investors, as it works very similar to owning a stock. The owner gets a certain amount of dividends, and also has a "vote" on what happens with the network based on his investment. This will be very popular among professional investors as POS gives them more influence than POW does. You can own 100% of all POW coins, but the network is still in the hands of the people with the most mining equipment.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Merged mining is very attractive to me as a miner. I could choose freely to support mine the coin I like instead of always choosing the most profitable at the moment. And I like MYR too tbh. I'm not explaining myself properly but I hope I'm getting the point across.
This is just my opinion, but I think this coin needs to be POS for several reasons. One of them being that it sets it aside from Bitcoin and Litecoin (the two largest coins) technologically. If it uses regular POW scrypt mining, it will essentially only be a Litecoin clone with fewer coins. That's speaking purely about the technical basis of course, and not the stabilization fund which I think is truly unique. Using POS will also make the price more stable as it will stop the constant dumping from miners and give better network security, which will be especially important when scrypt ASICs starts to be widely available.

could not agree more with this comment. MYR is great on its own merit but merged mining or any continued mining long term is a terrible idea. nautilus needs its own identity, even tying it to the blake merged mining set of coins was a mess.

Activity: 139

Activity: 238
I was wondering when the shirts were suppose to start showing up for people, looks like today or monday for me :-)

I got myself a rather large size as well.

Everyone should have shirts by now, let me know if you have not received.

Residential USPS Mail doesn't show up here on saturdays until around 3:00 PM, FedEx usually around 4-5, and UPS as late as 7 PM. I'm assuming that's why I don't have mine just yet.
Activity: 210
I was wondering when the shirts were suppose to start showing up for people, looks like today or monday for me :-)

I got myself a rather large size as well.

Everyone should have shirts by now, let me know if you have not received.
Jump to: