Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 315. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 398
Merit: 250
The USB Sitck-idea is really nice, also for marketing purposes. You could give them away for free with small amounts on it.

Another thing I like to mention is (sorry if it has been posted eralier), if it turnes out to be difficult to get merchants to adopt Naut, they may be more easily convinced to use it as a payback-system first. For example 1% of the value of your purchase back, but not in the local currency, but in Naut. That would also help to increase the number of persons involved in Naut or cryptos in general.

When it comes to merchants, it is obvious that you should start with those whose customers have a high affinity to new technologies. This could mean branches, for example the non-shady gaming industry, or local shops which have mostly those customers beacuse of their location, such as near universities.

About the NSF: If I remember correctly it is 1% of all coins? You absolutely cannot expect such a fund to work against the market. When the price jumped from 10k to 90k, there is no way to stop it (and you should not), and of course afterwards the price had to come down, especially with the amount of new mined coins every day. But I understand, that those who were caught bagholding on the way down, were hoping that the fund would save them and are questioning now, if it actually works.

The NSF is a nice tool in the future when the price has stabilized more, let the coin find its price. Then we can see if it actually works and if it can take out some of the volatility. Volatility is problem for merchants, its not a problem for trading, which is where we are until now.

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Does the yesterday pump was due to NSF ? Or a new member in accumulation mode ? Shocked

otherwise, acceptance is essentialy built on price, we need more buy pressure.
Actually, more or less 20% of all naut are mined, its fast. Soon miners sells will not impact a lot on price, or is it already the case ? (~10k satoshi since a week)
POS implentation will help to attract investors and miners to not dump.
More trading places, more merchant acceptance, will probably help.

When i look on twitter nautilus advices, a lot of people are not convinced by NSF. Correct me if i'm wrong, but we need more capitalization before NSF can be really usefull right ?
Peraphs it would be necessary to argue about NSF to convince people, its the real innovation of Naut.

I guess a lot of people watching naut and wait something big to invest in.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
In the long run, those technical stuff will not add value to a coin. The only thing that matters is the useability outside of the cryptoworld. Though I bought DRK early, hit the jackpot, I dont think DRK will be one of the very long term coins. Starts with the name: what (relevant) company will ever accept something called "darkcoin"? Total anonymisation will also lead to non-acceptance rather than acceptance in the "real" world. Everyone seems to love it, I think it will hold back the coins in the end. Thats just my opinoin though, I will still buy those coins for the short/medium term profit.

But you are right, as I see it Naut is basically BK. If he would lose interest, there is nothing much thats left. High risk investment for sure, but thats the case for all cryptos. he might however, push the coin and the community in the right direction, look at his last posts. I would not underestimate the importance of the person at the top. There is so much money involved in crypto, that the role on top has to be filled - sooner or later - by someone business-related and not a tech-guy or some unprofessional community member (hint:BC, feel free to disagree).

Hi! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!
DRK to me is an important part of my crypto portfolio (early adopter as well...), because I think there is a market for digital cash, which it basically is (unlike BTC, NAUT etc, because of the open blockchain). That market is different and it`s users won`t care about the "dark" in name (they probably even like it...).
I`m no Darkmarket user, but from a political (libertarian) perspective, I support the idea of anonymous wealth transfer.

NAUT (and BTC) on the other hand go for the mainstream, for people who do not care much about privacy in the first place.
A possible idea for NAUT in this space could be to turn the NSF into an exchange by itself, instead of relying on multiple other exchanges (kind of like DGEX with NXT, where you can only trade NXT/BTC). Kelly could provide "deposit insurance" there (very important psychologically in my opinion) for people (moms and pops) depositing their NAUT with it (should be easy to implement, if you renounce some liquidity, i.e. 1 day or 12 hours for insured deposits).
That would be something unique, but maybe it get`s to deep into the banking business (licenses etc).

Anyway, I agree with you that NAUT investors basically speculate on Mr Kelly being willing to move this project ahead.

Let`s see.

EDIT: As he is a Wall Street guy himself, I`d appreciate more detailed infos on how he plans to make NAUT the go to Crypto for Wall Street people.

Perhaps a service where someone can transfer NAUT on to a USB sticks and post it to people who know nothing about computers or crypto. Look what happened to maxcoin after keiser plugged it on RT, if someone saw BK discussing his coin on TV and wanted 5 or 10k to put away for a year or so this might be attractive to them. My father phoned me up after watching keiser and demanded I buy him a load of maxcoin, he wouldn't have been able to buy them without me so I think it's a potential market. Would make great gifts or just an investment to put away for a couple of years.
Activity: 336
When does mining end for NAUT?

Probably not any time soon, were at 3.3m?
Someone...some THING has been dumping for like 2 weeks.

Then there's also XDQ to worry about.
Why its paired with NAUT? I will never understand

It could be XDQ Miners dumping to NAUT then dumping to BTC, but ultimately complaining about dumps and other coins is counter-productive to improving this one. Lets brainstorm peoples. I've already PM'd BK my idea on what I'm building, and I am not yet prepared to announce it. But lets start looking at options, I also posted some sort of exercise incentive based program, earn naut that way.

Not sure what else we can do.

Actually some of XDQ miners hold in long term and also hold NAUT, selling both coins only for BTC.

I think 24 hour volume on allcrypt is only 500 XDQ or about 2500 NAUT.

We need a hint about POS. Will it be implemented before or after all coins are mined?

BK said in one of his recent posts that PoS will be implemented "very soon". It sounded like  he plans to do it a lot earlier before end of PoW. But it's possible that I might have misinterpreted him.
Activity: 336
someone bought a ton of coins today   Roll Eyes
but something keeps pushing it down!

It's called MINERS
legendary
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
In the long run, those technical stuff will not add value to a coin. The only thing that matters is the useability outside of the cryptoworld. Though I bought DRK early, hit the jackpot, I dont think DRK will be one of the very long term coins. Starts with the name: what (relevant) company will ever accept something called "darkcoin"? Total anonymisation will also lead to non-acceptance rather than acceptance in the "real" world. Everyone seems to love it, I think it will hold back the coins in the end. Thats just my opinoin though, I will still buy those coins for the short/medium term profit.

But you are right, as I see it Naut is basically BK. If he would lose interest, there is nothing much thats left. High risk investment for sure, but thats the case for all cryptos. he might however, push the coin and the community in the right direction, look at his last posts. I would not underestimate the importance of the person at the top. There is so much money involved in crypto, that the role on top has to be filled - sooner or later - by someone business-related and not a tech-guy or some unprofessional community member (hint:BC, feel free to disagree).

Hi! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!
DRK to me is an important part of my crypto portfolio (early adopter as well...), because I think there is a market for digital cash, which it basically is (unlike BTC, NAUT etc, because of the open blockchain). That market is different and it`s users won`t care about the "dark" in name (they probably even like it...).
I`m no Darkmarket user, but from a political (libertarian) perspective, I support the idea of anonymous wealth transfer.

NAUT (and BTC) on the other hand go for the mainstream, for people who do not care much about privacy in the first place.
A possible idea for NAUT in this space could be to turn the NSF into an exchange by itself, instead of relying on multiple other exchanges (kind of like DGEX with NXT, where you can only trade NXT/BTC). Kelly could provide "deposit insurance" there (very important psychologically in my opinion) for people (moms and pops) depositing their NAUT with it (should be easy to implement, if you renounce some liquidity, i.e. 1 day or 12 hours for insured deposits).
That would be something unique, but maybe it get`s to deep into the banking business (licenses etc).

Anyway, I agree with you that NAUT investors basically speculate on Mr Kelly being willing to move this project ahead.

Let`s see.

EDIT: As he is a Wall Street guy himself, I`d appreciate more detailed infos on how he plans to make NAUT the go to Crypto for Wall Street people.
Activity: 1036

It could be XDQ Miners dumping to NAUT then dumping to BTC, but ultimately complaining about dumps and other coins is counter-productive to improving this one. Lets brainstorm peoples. I've already PM'd BK my idea on what I'm building, and I am not yet prepared to announce it. But lets start looking at options, I also posted some sort of exercise incentive based program, earn naut that way.

Actually some of XDQ miners hold in long term and also hold NAUT, selling both coins only for BTC.

I think 24 hour volume on allcrypt is only 500 XDQ or about 2500 NAUT.

We need a hint about POS. Will it be implemented before or after all coins are mined?
Activity: 398
So I struggled through the 90 pages of this thread because of Dave Seaman mentioning the coin and I still don`t get why people talk about the coin being "undervalued".
On what base? The only thing I can come up is the hope that the Dev will do some tricks to boost the coins popularity.
I`m no techie, just an investor/speculator looking for coins that will survive the great shitcoin washout.
Compared to e.g. VTC or DRK, this coin basically only has the good will of Brian Kelly behind it, right?

I am not sure I can help much, because I am basically in the same boat as you. However, I think the emphasis on the coin is a little different than other coins. Right now too many people are focussing on the technical aspects of a coin. New algo? Great, I buy it! The coin is PoS? Buy some more!

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
So, all in all a very interesting coin. If you wanna see all the above as just a load of good will, then fine, whatever.
It won't just happen overnight. Although saying that... if/when PoS gets introduced then expect it to up by at least x5 overnight.
I think given a bit of time, this coin could really become one of a handful of surviving coins 2-3 years from now.

Thanks. Yes, what you mentioned was basically what I referred to as "do some tricks" (was not meant to be snarky).
I would help if Mr Kelly could expand a little bit on the resources he`s putting into this, especially the development resources, as he is no developer himself.
Does he have a team, who are they? PoS is nothing new for instance.
I also do not get what he is telling his Wall Street buddies. What about the NAUT/XAU pair he was talking about somewhere in the thread? Any news on that one?

Well, bought some NAUT. Pure speculation on the man`s motivation so far.

He's definitely motivated, and he does have a team, as well as the DigiByte team helping (the Source code on GitHub for NAUT is linked to the DigiByte dev team's account).

There are other things in play as well.

I personally feel the coin is undervalued due to the goals behind it, the emphasis on making it a usable currency as a primary goal (not any kind of after-thought). Who knows what the "sponsorship" possibility is, I'm sure if something comes of it we will be told. And proof of stake details I guess will be told when there are details to be told.
legendary
So, all in all a very interesting coin. If you wanna see all the above as just a load of good will, then fine, whatever.
It won't just happen overnight. Although saying that... if/when PoS gets introduced then expect it to up by at least x5 overnight.
I think given a bit of time, this coin could really become one of a handful of surviving coins 2-3 years from now.

Thanks. Yes, what you mentioned was basically what I referred to as "do some tricks" (was not meant to be snarky).
I would help if Mr Kelly could expand a little bit on the resources he`s putting into this, especially the development resources, as he is no developer himself.
Does he have a team, who are they? PoS is nothing new for instance.
I also do not get what he is telling his Wall Street buddies. What about the NAUT/XAU pair he was talking about somewhere in the thread? Any news on that one?

Well, bought some NAUT. Pure speculation on the man`s motivation so far.
Activity: 707
So I struggled through the 90 pages of this thread because of Dave Seaman mentioning the coin and I still don`t get why people talk about the coin being "undervalued".
On what base? The only thing I can come up is the hope that the Dev will do some tricks to boost the coins popularity.
I`m no techie, just an investor/speculator looking for coins that will survive the great shitcoin washout.
Compared to e.g. VTC or DRK, this coin basically only has the good will of Brian Kelly behind it, right?

Ok, also not listed there but possibly covered by Dev will do some tricks to boost the coins popularity is the whole PoS thing that we are waiting to hear about.

There is also the reputation of a well known financial investor/speculator/trader (whatever!) behind it, staking his professional reputation on the line. That is huge.
Also huge is the 'ins' that this guy has/can get.. that other alt coins can't,
Throw in the sponsorship idea, the fact that he is working hard on it and the devs are DigiByte.
The stated mission of this coin is merchant acceptance and a safe crypto-goto currency for wall st.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite

Activity: 707
Hello,

Could somebody please give me a working download link for Windows 32-Bit wallet ?

Thank you

On the main page! Just scroll down a bit on the landing page. 32bit Windwos wallet right there..

I mean main Nautilus page.. www.nautiluscoin.com

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

Activity: 242
Bitcorns
Any paperwallet support?  Vanitygen settings?
Activity: 416
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
someone bought a ton of coins today   Roll Eyes
but something keeps pushing it down!
Thanks for requoting that, good to do that for people who just read latest page :-)

Note to regularly viewing members of this thread, on new pages, repost the latest informative post from BK (it'll help keep things on topic).
Jump to: