Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 317. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
We live in an era of uncertainty and radical change.

On wikipedia it says about Nautilus: "survived relatively unchanged for millions of years".

Maybe nautilus coin could become the new gold? It could symbolize safety and long lastingness.

Maybe, with POS, you can promise the final user a place where they can store their funds for life, and receive a stable return (1% lets say), where no one can touch their funds.

What happens if the final user believes that the coin can serve no real purpose? All that is promised is just "air"? That for this exact reason the coin can not maintain a high value?

Then I say that this is why we have the stabilization fund.

I believe that only branding can bring this coin forward. Brian Kelly is someone with the right contacts. Contacts that can spread the message to the masses.

Think about it, consultants, investment bankers, thats where the message needs start spreading in the begin for the masses to follow.

On the other hand, it could spread from the masses right from the begin, we are more connected than ever.

In my view, Bryan Kelly could start building connections that will promote this coin and at the same time make sure that the community shares the values of the coin.

These are my thoughts.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Places like coinkite are great & all, now I dont know the details, but I believe they have pretty heafty 'device fees' , meaning, to use their service, you have to shell out 900 dollars or what ever the cost of the device is. CC Companies last I knew provide these free (the CC swiper), but take a percentage of the transaction. Hence why places like coinbase score great, with their app's for mobile devices. I know if I was Mr Merchant @ 'Super T-Shrit emporium express' ( as a laughable example) , I'm probably making minimal profits, in addition to my over head costs, shelling out 8 or 900 dollars for a device , is probably  not something I'm going to do. However, if I can do 'the transaction' basically free, and cash into BTC via Coin base, or hopefully soon Cryptsy, I mitigate any risk of holding during any extreme market volatility.

Activity: 210
great thoughts!!

Completely agree that for the mainstream consumer the 'algo talk' talk is jibberish - that doesn't mean it is not important, but the average Joe doesn't care- he wants to be able to buy a PBR tall boy with ease.

I would also like to create NAUT reward points

Problem to solve: Money transfers Fees ( Ie Credit Card sales [2-4% of total transaction] ), from Consumers to Merchants for merchant products, solution Nautilus Coin

Problem to solve: Awareness for Merchants & consumers alike ( Cut the dev talk, cut the algo explanations , simplify )

Problem to solve: Integrate for ease of use ( buyers & sellers ): Wallet Apps for various devices

Problem to solve: Buy with USD easily ( close to being solved indirectly with some exchanges to soon have a USD to BTC market ie. cryptsy )

Problem to solve: The answer to " Why not just use my credit debit card "   Possible solution/answer: By cutting out the 3rd party ( credit card fees ), more of what your spending actually goes for merchant profit & product replenishment  resulting in longer term , lower costs if adaptation  sets in. ( Use Dish Network as PRIME example as long as that dosent fold )

Just a few random thoughts

Have a good day.

Edit: Fixed typo of  'UDS' to 'USD'
Activity: 154
BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!
Activity: 210

First of let me apologize for not posting something first thing this morning - I had jury duty!!!

Next, I thought we should review the plan for Nautiluscoin as over the next few weeks I anticipate a lot more news. This following is from the orignal post:

*******************************************************************************************************************

Mission
Nautiluscoin’s mission is to introduce digital currencies as an investable asset class and provide the premiere instrument for cryptocurrency investing.

Roadmap
There are three pillars to our plan:
1.   Build a Community
2.   Gain Acceptance
3.   Continuous Development

Step 1: Build a Community
In order for Nautiluscoin to have value it must solve a problem. Our first task is to ask our community members what problem needs to be solved, with a particular focus on solving a problem that will attract interest of the investment community.
Substeps:
Social: Actively promote our solution to the altcoin community and to the investment community
Trading: Create a deep liquid market by listing the coin on high volume exchanges

Step 2: Acceptance
Identify merchants/investors/communities that could benefit by using Nautiluscoin. This could also include sponsorship opportunities like Dogecoin Car.

Step 3: Continuous Development
We will add full time development team to handle any changes/updates that will be needed.
Potential Development Projects
-Proof of Stake Implementation
-Nautiluscoin Card for Easy Merchant Acceptance
-Coinkite integration

***************************************************************************************************************

So where do we stand today?

Step 1: Build a community - this process is much much further along than I had anticipated at this point.  I really appreciate the community support...even the trolls...actually, no...not the trolls.

My job going forward is to foster a vibrant supportive community. The one thing I have learned about crypto is that community is everything - without a supportive community the coin dies.

The next step in building the community is asking for a problem to solve. In my view, if a coin does not solve a problem (i.e. make consumers' and merchants' life easier) then it has no value.  I am working on merchant acceptance but we need community input. 

Question for the Community:  What problem should Nautiluscoin solve? Another way of asking this is why would/should a consumer use Nautiluscoin?

The obvious answer is because they expect the price to increase, therefore they want to hold NAUT and spend it every once in a while. But eventually we will need more.  So let the ideas fly...and yes there is such thing as a stupid idea...but dont worry I won't call anyone out..unless you are a troll Wink

Step 2: Acceptance

I hope to have news in the very near term about payment processors. As well, I have a call this afternoon about a sponsorship opportunity. 

Step 3: Continuous Development

We have been working very hard on implementing my idea for PoS, but it is proving easier said than done.  I personally like the idea of PoS because it gives consumers a reason to hold NAUT , i.e. a 'dividend'.  I am also aware that PoS presents some security issues, so before we announce anything I want to make sure we have done our research.  NAUT has come very far, very fast and I do not want to do anything to jeopardize our success.

Long Term Vision

When we launched the coin I thought the first three steps would take a minimum of six months - but here we are 30 days after launch and they are almost all complete or in the process of completion.  This leads me to the long term vision for NAUT.

Wall Street
My goal with NAUT has been and will always be to introduce Wall Street to cryptocurrencies.  Most of the investors I speak with are aware of alt-coins, but they don't know what to "do" with them. This is why it is essentially for NAUT to show how and why digital currencies can change the world. My goal is to make NAUT the first alt-coin to be of 'investable' quality.  This does not mean going up 80% in 24 hrs because your cousin's brother's uncle heard that news was about to be released on NAUT. It means creating an investment/business that has a reason to exist. Whatever the reason for existence it also must make money that holders of the coin will receive.  The ultimate goal for NAUT is return capital to coinholders - either via a dividend or profits.

The Amazon of Digital Currencies
When Jeff Bezos left his job as an investment banker to sell books over the new technology called the internet, people thought he was crazy.  His company, Amazon now streams movies over a handheld computer  - both of these technologies did not exist when he started Amazon.  My vision for NAUT is to use the same template as Bezos - i.e. continuously invest in the latest technology to create a high growth businesses.  Nobody knew what the 'internet' would become and nobody knows what digital currencies will look like in 10 years.  But I do know that innovation and flexibility are the reasons why Amazon has thrived.

Homework for the Community

1.) Let me know how the coin should be used - let's crowdsource a great business idea.

2.) Continue to positively promote the coin.

3.) Be on the lookout for the next innovation that we can intergrate into NAUT.

-BK

Truly interesting coin.
But why I haven't heard from that coin before this announcement?
So sad I missed again the first foot-steps of a promising coin.

Which announcement? The first one? Or a new development? link?

Anyway.. it's still early days for this, and you haven't missed anything yet.. the price is very cheap / undervalued at the moment.
It could sky rocket x10 or more pretty quickly and has a very good chance of doing so too, IMO.

NAUT i know right!!!  Wink
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
Truly interesting coin.

Which announcement? The first one? Or a new development? link?

Anyway.. it's still early days for this, and you haven't missed anything yet.. the price is very cheap / undervalued at the moment.
It could sky rocket x10 or more pretty quickly and has a very good chance of doing so too, IMO.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Truly interesting coin.
Does the dev have any plans to give this coin a boost - any new features planned?

hellooooo >> Brian Kelly is on CNBC!!~ we are totally undervalued here!!!  Cool
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Buying back in..once I somehow make back the BTC I lost from 20 sub dump lol.

Hopefully I can make enough to cover this Alpha miner I bought, then I'll be mining NAUT and laughing at the people who thought Scrypt wouldn't ROI.
Of course, different story should ASICs not work on NAUT  Grin

you should mine at nautilus.mooo.com you'll get like full block reward and can set fees to 0 if you like.

the pool will likely go down at end of week though, in the meantime setup autopayment as soon as blocks are deposited and win/win
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
So you screwed up??
And your looking for someone to blame??lol

PS
Been around a lot longer than you think Wink

By the way black coins volume in the past 24hours on mintpal and cryptsy is 3000btc, so I can see how its failed in your eyes Smiley

I did not write the code on their site - they did  so I cannot be to blame- I think you work for them - that's what I think.

but believe me if the ever post again on this thread I will bash them - because they indeed have it coming.

they charge transaction fees and as such they are liable - it's as simple as that.

Blackcoin is dead , just like Naut is dead and it's not coming back.

The fact that you say that just leads me to believe that you don't know what you are talking about. How is blackcoin "dead"? It is ranked #9 in market cap, with a market cap of 15 million, and currently has the 5th highest volume… It has been holding strong for sometime now and has potential to boom again if the PR firm and coinkite have a resounding effect.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Following on Twitter @pyramusx
Does the dev have any plans to give this coin a boost - any new features planned?

PoS for starters but it seems like he wants to make sure it is a good, workable plan which explains why it is taking so long. That's a lot better than rushing it.
Activity: 224
Activity: 1848
Merit: 530
The OGz Club
Activity: 266

Hopefully I can make enough to cover this Alpha miner I bought, then I'll be mining NAUT and laughing at the people who thought Scrypt wouldn't ROI.

I'm with you there... I've got 180 MH of scrypt now with another 250MH on the way

Theres plenty of pools that you could essentially 'OWN' the payouts with that kind of hash too.

quite frankly at it's current value the coin is not worth mining. I make a lot more on LTC and DOGE.

Then multipools jump in and ruin difficulty. I'm just hanging on to what I have to see where it goes...
Activity: 195
Proof of stake info pls , we neeeed more info
Activity: 224
what's happened to this coin? Looks like it's tanked.

I'm with you there... I've got 180 MH of scrypt now with another 250MH on the way

Theres plenty of pools that you could essentially 'OWN' the payouts with that kind of hash too.
Activity: 266

Jump to: