Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 325. (Read 901829 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
Nautilus under 10K Sat....time fore the coins to go to cold storage....It's a sad day for NAUTILUSCOIN  Angry Angry Angry

Loosing 20% a day will bring us to 5K Sat real soon....I love this stabilization fund

yep I can see merchants rushing to accept this new currency that loses value so rapidly.
wake me up when they get the stability fund working again... zZZzzZZz

I find it extremely amusing that his main selling point was combating price volatility. I still think he will get it right eventually after moving to PoS. After selling too early in the 37-38k on the way to 80k, I rebought again in the 10-12k and will double it if this falls to 5-6k.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
Nautilus under 10K Sat....time fore the coins to go to cold storage....It's a sad day for NAUTILUSCOIN  Angry Angry Angry

Loosing 20% a day will bring us to 5K Sat real soon....I love this stabilization fund

yep I can see merchants rushing to accept this new currency that loses value so rapidly.

The merchant is not the biggest problem, they will accept whatever coin... The problem will be that there will be no payment processor interested in this coin, if it goes down with 20% a day.

BK can say whatever he wants, but he knows this is a fact, so BK what is the price you are selling to the payment processor you try to find?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad

BK never mentioned at what price he wants to stabilize lol. But honestly, karma is a bitch.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
there were points over 1000 difficulty, but the network volume supported it.

its currently fluctuating between 120 diff and 350 with a network volume of between 2.5Gh/s and 5Gh/s.

unless you want 5 minute block average at best this does not equate.

the stuck blocks have nothing to do with my pool specifically.. they are network blocks that are not solved, or passed for hours at a time and they happen multiple times a day with NAUT.

There is no doubt there is a flaw in the difficulty re-targeting. The blocks should take 1 minute based on the coin specs no matter the net has rate. Digishield isn't supposed to slow down the blocks.

The slow block time will hurt the coin since one of it's selling points is fast confirms.

Do you believe a fork will be necessary to resolve this? I would personally kind of expect so, especially if there's plans for proof of stake.

Even though I'm a developer, I haven't really dug into any of the BTC or spinnoff code. So, I'm not sure if a fork is needed. But, I assume something would need to be done to reject miners prior to version=
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

its currently fluctuating between 120 diff and 350 with a network volume of between 2.5Gh/s and 5Gh/s.

the stuck blocks have nothing to do with my pool specifically.. they are network blocks that are not solved, or passed for hours at a time and they happen multiple times a day with NAUT.

There is no doubt there is a flaw in the difficulty re-targeting. The blocks should take 1 minute based on the coin specs no matter the net has rate. Digishield isn't supposed to slow down the blocks.

The slow block time will hurt the coin since one of it's selling points is fast confirms.

Do you believe a fork will be necessary to resolve this? I would personally kind of expect so, especially if there's plans for proof of stake.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Well, the block explorer from first post isn't working and noone cared to fix that for a week or so. But what I really would like to know is - Why does NAUT have ~2,7mln coins atm when according to the specs there should be over 6mln mined already?

http://nautinsight.buddylabsapps.com/ at least this block explorer says so, at the time I'm writing this, we're at 17000th block, 17000*159 is ~2,7mln

The drastically increased difficulty thanks to multipools caused block discovery to take longer, add on the 1% reduction per week and that should answer your question.

This is an example of digishield doing its job.

well not exactly

we had these kinds of difficulty levels when network hash rates were over 5 GHS and they're still the same.

We saw ~600~700 diff, we're at ~180.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Well, the block explorer from first post isn't working and noone cared to fix that for a week or so. But what I really would like to know is - Why does NAUT have ~2,7mln coins atm when according to the specs there should be over 6mln mined already?

http://nautinsight.buddylabsapps.com/ at least this block explorer says so, at the time I'm writing this, we're at 17000th block, 17000*159 is ~2,7mln

The drastically increased difficulty thanks to multipools caused block discovery to take longer, add on the 1% reduction per week and that should answer your question.

well not exactly

we had these kinds of difficulty levels when network hash rates were over 5 GHS and they're still the same.

ipominer is still pointed at naut. 

but ya...no clue why, anything else would be better

that's exactly why I don't use multi pools or ipominer - they're returns are horrible.
Activity: 336
ipominer is still pointed at naut. 

but ya...no clue why, anything else would be better
what seems a little odd as a miner is why the difficulty remains so high when the network hash has come way back down.

any ideas why?

a few weeks ago when network hash was about 1.2GHS, difficulties were in the 30 to 50 range but now that network hash is about 3 GHS - difficulties are still up on the 200 to 300 range and the pools are having a tough time even finding blocks to mine.

Would DigiShield have something to do with that?

digishield is supposed to get difficulty back down to normal levels after the multipools are done reaking havoc but it does not seem like that's the case...

There is still at least one multipool pointed at it...

have no idea why because doge is almost twice as profitable to mine
what seems a little odd as a miner is why the difficulty remains so high when the network hash has come way back down.

any ideas why?

a few weeks ago when network hash was about 1.2GHS, difficulties were in the 30 to 50 range but now that network hash is about 3 GHS - difficulties are still up on the 200 to 300 range and the pools are having a tough time even finding blocks to mine.

digishield is supposed to get difficulty back down to normal levels after the multipools are done reaking havoc but it does not seem like that's the case...

There is still at least one multipool pointed at it...

any ideas why?

Activity: 379
Following on Twitter @pyramusx

any ideas why?

any ideas why?

Activity: 336
I think it might drop to 5000 or below.

Not much going for the coin and it definitely isn't stable.

People just need a few more details about the PoS transition and they will start investing again.
Jump to: