Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 322. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
you have news about entry on mintpal?

NAUT is already on mintpal...

In fact it's on all these exchanges:
AllCrypt
AGX.io
Bittrex
Cryptsy
Mintpal
Poloniex

Anyone else flashback to dumb and dumber just then where Lloyd reads the newspaper clipping on the wall "MAN LANDS ON MOON" turns back enthusiastically and yells "THATS GREAT!"

Kinda, and to correct the quote, "No way! ... That's great! [walks out] WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!".
Ref:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DPrSEOEo

Anyway, still looking forward to that info on Proof of Stake and sponsorship :-) I know, he said 24 hrs on the proof of stake, but like I said earlier, I'm more interested in the plans for that sponsorship.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10

AllCrypt
AGX.io
Bittrex
Cryptsy
Mintpal
Poloniex

Anyone else flashback to dumb and dumber just then where Lloyd reads the newspaper clipping on the wall "MAN LANDS ON MOON" turns back enthusiastically and yells "THATS GREAT!"
I would be able to write a payment gateway (web service or standalone app) that used an Exchange's API to sell the NAUT for USD. However, the exchange would need an API and a NAUT/USD market.

Also, it would need to be FAST. To avoid slippage the NAUT would need to confirm FAST and the trade would need to happen quickly.

It would also be up to the merchant to set up the exchange account, and request USD withdrawals from the exchange. This assumes they want to convert the USD instantly. If course, if the price of NAUT is stable, there would really be no hurry to do this.

In what language would you write this?

You could do the long workaround method if you wanted (kind of the only option right now)

Use an exchange that accepts USD/BTC but also exchanges BTC/NAUT.

In which case people who wish to buy NAUT for FIAT can basically say, paypal in, it then buys whatever BTC value that is, then buys whatever NAUT value that is

USD -> BTC -> NAUT

Though ultimately I think it would be nicer to not have to do that and pretty much allow this
USD -> NAUT

But you'd need a large pool of NAUT to do that in the first place, ultimately having a wallet in which your system houses a certain amount of NAUT, which when purchased for USD can transfer to a customer's wallet.

The wallets do have an RPC-JSON capability so it's a probably capability.

I have another project with somewhat different ideas but the wallet handling part is integral, may need help on it since I have other projects prioritized right now.

I would probably do it in C# or javascript. Two languages I know very well.

You really wouldn't need a wallet client, you need an address generator (or even use pre-genned address pool) and you would just need to watch the block chain for the address.

As far as having a cushion account, it would help, but isn't 100% necessary. However, the cushion would eliminate slippage. Also, blocks would HAVE to be 60 seconds or less. If the block chain stalls like it has before, the slippage would be large. Of course, if NAUT really was stable, as it is advertised, then slippage isn't as much of an issue.

The thing with the double exchange is trading fees. Sure, it is possible to go from NAUT -> BTC -> USD, but you've gone from .2% fee to .4% fee. Still probably much less than a credit card though. Wink

Anyway, this could be a stop gap, something a vendor could run locally on a server or PC with a private wallet. But, it could be the first step to a full blown payout service.

I haven't used C# for web regularly in a VERY long time (2005), C# with ASP.NET 2.5... I have however used C# for other applications since then. But my big project is being build on python 2.7, primarily because it should end up being a simple implementation with a profound output.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
I would be able to write a payment gateway (web service or standalone app) that used an Exchange's API to sell the NAUT for USD. However, the exchange would need an API and a NAUT/USD market.

Also, it would need to be FAST. To avoid slippage the NAUT would need to confirm FAST and the trade would need to happen quickly.

It would also be up to the merchant to set up the exchange account, and request USD withdrawals from the exchange. This assumes they want to convert the USD instantly. If course, if the price of NAUT is stable, there would really be no hurry to do this.

You could do the long workaround method if you wanted (kind of the only option right now)

In which case people who wish to buy NAUT for FIAT can basically say, paypal in, it then buys whatever BTC value that is, then buys whatever NAUT value that is

USD -> BTC -> NAUT

Though ultimately I think it would be nicer to not have to do that and pretty much allow this
USD -> NAUT

But you'd need a large pool of NAUT to do that in the first place, ultimately having a wallet in which your system houses a certain amount of NAUT, which when purchased for USD can transfer to a customer's wallet.

I have another project with somewhat different ideas but the wallet handling part is integral, may need help on it since I have other projects prioritized right now.

I would probably do it in C# or javascript. Two languages I know very well.

You really wouldn't need a wallet client, you need an address generator (or even use pre-genned address pool) and you would just need to watch the block chain for the address.

As far as having a cushion account, it would help, but isn't 100% necessary. However, the cushion would eliminate slippage. Also, blocks would HAVE to be 60 seconds or less. If the block chain stalls like it has before, the slippage would be large. Of course, if NAUT really was stable, as it is advertised, then slippage isn't as much of an issue.

The thing with the double exchange is trading fees. Sure, it is possible to go from NAUT -> BTC -> USD, but you've gone from .2% fee to .4% fee. Still probably much less than a credit card though. Wink

Anyway, this could be a stop gap, something a vendor could run locally on a server or PC with a private wallet. But, it could be the first step to a full blown payout service.

USD -> BTC -> NAUT

USD -> NAUT

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

This may be of interest to some: https://twitter.com/moolah_io

More specifically, this: https://twitter.com/BrianKellyBK/status/471985911920873472

Brian Kelly being pro-active for his coin, not only creator, but marketer, and representative, a man of many hats! But we don't want to see you burn out! I hope you have staff to cover some things now and again!
Activity: 196
Ah, seing coins like MAST having similar cap to NAUT gives you an idea how intelligent the people around exchanges are these days.

Completely agree.. Sometimes it baffles me where people put their money.. This boostcoin, too, the "innovative" feature is supposed to be how it uses x13 algo- but it is only PoW for a month and then it switches to pure PoS so wtf is the point of x13 algo!? It's not like ASICs are going to be invented and distributed for x11 algo by the end of the month so what advantage does x13 have for the next month over x11?

It has 2 more!

Ultimately i agree with BK on NAUT, ultimately something only has value if people BELIEVE it has value, if there is no buying power with a currency then that currency is essentially worthless.

Lets use I don't know, energy drinks, and USD vs. I dunno, lira.

If I were to walk into a convenience store to buy a $2.99 (USD) energy drink with 3 USD, I would get my energy drink, but if I tried to walk in and give 3 Lira to the clerk they'd look at me like I'm nuts first of all, but if for some reason the store actually accepted lira, I'd need twice as much (value of lira to USD as of this post is 1 lira = about $0.50).

Right now I can't walk into the store with a card representing NAUT and buy something with it, I can order a t-shirt through BK directly (info on the main web site) but that's about it. Ultimately while virtual currencies are cool, acceptance therein is the bigger deal. This is why that new dish network deal for bitcoin/coinbase is a huge deal for crypto. Market acceptance is by far one of the most important things in any product really.

I could come up with this great new product, but it's worthless unless someone buys it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Ah, seing coins like MAST having similar cap to NAUT gives you an idea how intelligent the people around exchanges are these days.

Completely agree.. Sometimes it baffles me where people put their money.. This boostcoin, too, the "innovative" feature is supposed to be how it uses x13 algo- but it is only PoW for a month and then it switches to pure PoS so wtf is the point of x13 algo!? It's not like ASICs are going to be invented and distributed for x11 algo by the end of the month so what advantage does x13 have for the next month over x11?
Activity: 196
There is no PoS (Proof of Stake) implementation of this coin as of todays date. It is being highly considered, however, not available at the moment.
Activity: 125
I sent my 300 Nauts into the wallet and wait for stake since 3 weeks ^^, I just read it's not working? 30 days max. to wait I was told so.

Nice Nauts !
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad

AllCrypt
AGX.io
Bittrex
Cryptsy
Mintpal
Poloniex

......I was wrong browser tab  Tongue Tongue

Happens,

Hello All -

Looks like sentiment has changed in both the price and this thread!  Just wanted to give an update on where we stand:

Deep Liquid Market - Essential for Merchant Acceptance

NSF - still active, but has not made any trades in the last 12 hours - this means the price improvement is from other buyers and not artificially supported by the NSF. Ultimately this is what NAUT needs, a 1% pre-mine cannot prevent dumps, it can only act as a speed bump.  With other active buyers we can now use the NSF to support the positive momentum. The last week we have been fighting a losing battle to keep the price stable.

PoS - Hopefully will have more info on PoS in the next 24 hrs.  The reason for the switch is to create stability and the dividend will be designed to support the price.

Merchant Acceptance

I have contacted Coinpayments, Gocoin and Coinkite  - I have several merchants who would like to accept NAUT, we just need an easy gateway. If anyone knows of other gateways or providers I should contact please PM me.

Sponsorship

I am working on a sponsorship opportunity that would get NAUT attention from Wall Street.  I cannot make any promises as old ways are hard to change.  If this sponsorship does not work out then I will continue to look for new opportunities.  My goal is to have the major players on Wall Street actively using NAUT.

Most people on Wall Street don't know what to do with cryptocurrencies. My hope is that by having people use it NAUT they too will have the 'aha' moment I had.

-BK

thanks for the update BK, Your goals for wall street should be plenty of incentive to invest in this undervalued coin. I thought it was undervalued when it was being pumped.Hopefully we will see some steady growth with Proof of stake being implemented. I think the decent goal would be so people have a chance at minting coins while still getting in before wall street.

To me this is a solid investment for the long term on a highly undervalued coin with plenty of room to move. =)
by no means has anyone missed the boat on this one.

Pure PoS coin + NSF = WIN

Anyway, out of all of this news, I'm MOST interested in what the "Sponsorship" thing is aimed to do. Like, can we trade NAUT for commodities/equities/etf? Because that would really put NAUT out there.

Obviously only BK knows the plan and this is just speculation, but that'd be awesome :-)
Activity: 609
Merit: 500

AllCrypt
AGX.io
Bittrex
Cryptsy
Mintpal
Poloniex

......I was wrong browser tab  Tongue Tongue
Just an FYI, don't know if this is just a Chrome thing or what, but your wallet links in the OP come up as "suspicious" and therefore are just blank. I had to go to your main site to get my wallet made.

This is a known issue, it's a security feature of the forum actually (not any particular web browser), any links to an exe will flag that way.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Just an FYI, don't know if this is just a Chrome thing or what, but your wallet links in the OP come up as "suspicious" and therefore are just blank. I had to go to your main site to get my wallet made.

AllCrypt
AGX.io
Bittrex
Cryptsy
Mintpal
Poloniex
Activity: 308
Hi,

we are running the site www.crypto-coins-table.com

- 646 coins indexed so far (28th May 2014)
- providing detailed charts on pricing and volume
- capitalisation listing
- top and flop coins
- many filters to analyse

personalized features
- create individual watchlists
- track your coins value and compare

W have listed your coin already. To provide the full and uptodate information
on your coin, please use the update function.

Thanks, the coin-table team

contact us, if you would like to join the team or advertise on crypto-coins-table.com
moolah might also be worth looking into for merchant payments.

Why not speak to Bitpay directly? That will be a major coup!

it's worth trying, but so far Bitpay only support BTC. Bitpay said that accepting other altcoins would slow down BTC acceptance.

The same thing can be said about Coinbase (whether you like Coinbase or not).
Jump to: