Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 320. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 707
Merit: 500
There is not a lot of volume (on mintpal at least) so it is quiet.

I believe long term in this coin and also believe we are hugging the bottom.
I think long term it will only appreciate in value, especially if PoS is introduced. I'd just hold if i were you and wait.
I'm sure it will go back up as it seems undervalued to me at the moment.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
So...any progress with this at all?

I lost another $1000 when I was holding at 20 and it dropped to 10, in addition to the $10000 I lost when it was still 75+ lol.

It looks like some trader(s) are just using it as a bull trap now..

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!
/\NAUT is the safest bet in the wild west alt market right now...>> this low price will not last for long!! =) jmho! GOGOGOO NAUT!!!
Activity: 695

I have been lurking on this thread, checking it out, looks good so I have invested 1 BTC in this coin so far Grin

This is a coin that everyone should have in their portfolio Wink
Activity: 238
No it means the decesion was made a few days ago.

It was posted, on May 1, that Proof of Stake was a possible future plan (meaning the seeds were planted and ideas were being kicked about), the final decision about it being implemented (confirmation of it) was posted a couple days ago.

Plenty of people asked about proof of stake since that initial post, we just never got the yes or no (a confirmation) until that time.

Ultimately though, now we know, there will be.
Activity: 196
No it means the decesion was made a few days ago.
With WHAT taking 'this much time' it was mentioned literaly DAYS ago. Calm down.

Actually Proof of Stake was CONSIDERED as of the launch of the coin (it's in the OP), but no information about it was given. It was only CONFIRMED as a plan a couple days ago.

It ultimately means it's been about 1 month of decision making on how, and when to implement Proof of Stake.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 530
The OGz Club
Any news about POS?

Most recent post by BK on PoS is this:
PoS Update

Sorry for the delay. Just checking with a couple devs to make sure we can code what I want to do with the PoS...I dont want to announce something that cannot be done.

BK

With it taking this much time, this could be a way different proof of stake method than we've seen before, but I can't say for sure.

It will be great  Wink
With WHAT taking 'this much time' it was mentioned literaly DAYS ago. Calm down.
Any news about POS?

Most recent post by BK on PoS is this:
PoS Update

Sorry for the delay. Just checking with a couple devs to make sure we can code what I want to do with the PoS...I dont want to announce something that cannot be done.

BK

With it taking this much time, this could be a way different proof of stake method than we've seen before, but I can't say for sure.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 530
The OGz Club
i'm considering investing but I don't get the digishield even after reading the OP.

How do you stabilize price without btc but NAUT ?

Sorry if i'm dumb Cheesy

Ultimately the stabilization fund is handled EXTREMELY carefully. The NAUT gets sold, and in turn buys back in (and of course vice veras, it has a constant flowing cycle between buys and sells. This fund is to help enforce that wild swings do not happen as crazy as other coins. Now this is the first coin to attempt this.

The point behind the NSF is that if a merchant ends up receiving "x naut" worth "x fiat" that merchant can immediately change that naut for that fiat (if they wish) and get their return on product sales without a loss.

Ultimately it's been established a 1% premine makes it VERY difficult to help enforce prices remain "calm" if you will. (also some early issues with the exchange agx kind of caused some problems, but now the NSF trades on any exchange), what the NSF can do, however, is create "speed bumps" that will help to prevent wild swings, at least for a period of time. It must also be pointed out (as BK has stated) the NSF will buy and sell at ANY price. So whether NAUT is worth 10k satoshi, or 100k satoshi, the NSF will still be buying AND selling.

Basically the NSF does have both BTC and NAUT due to the cycle.

The reason behind the NSF is merchant acceptance. Bitcoin itself went from over $1k in september of last year, down to $420 just a few weeks ago. If a merchant were to have sold something for BTC in september based on the value then, but waited to cash in until now, they'd obviously be at a loss.

Many small businesses have a safe for cash, and at the end of the day the business owner often takes cash from that safe, and takes it to the bank.
The basic idea behind the NSF is that when a business person takes their NAUT to the bank at the end of the day, they end up receiving the worth of the naut as of the time the transaction took place.

Now, digishield has to do with block targeting and difficulties, but it can't prevent dumps.

As above stated, 1% premine makes it really difficult to enforce this, tack on the massive dumpers thanks to multipools, and it's even more difficult, but ultimately the idea can be sound, this also can make NAUT more attractive to merchants. And as I stated in a previous post, I could come up with the greatest invention ever, but it's worthless unless someone buys it.

Now, I'm not saying NAUT is worthless in fact i think it's very valuable (and undervalued right now), I just wanted to provide examples.
With not only with the NSF, but tack on the active contact BK has had with the community, and with trying to get payment processors, plus wall street connections (he's planning something he's called "Sponsorship" and we're all waiting with baited breath on what that is), I see this coin skyrocketing, and never falling back below 10k again.
Activity: 784
i'm considering investing but I don't get the digishield even after reading the OP.

How do you stabilize price without btc but NAUT ?

Sorry if i'm dumb Cheesy
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I'm looking there now.. 3% fees.. seems a lil steep, and roughly, abt %40 or so of the total net hash.. No idea why any one would use a 3% fee pool, when you can pay 2% @ dedicated, or even 0% @ http://naut.0feepool.com/ , unless you want coins 'asap' to dump.. I want naut to hold... so.. may not be a good idea for me to mine there. Thnks for the 411 tho.

Naut.0feepool.com has not found a block in 18 hours and hash rate there is dropping.  People are leaving.  Nobody is mining at any of the other pools listed on the OP or on the website (some aren't even operational) so none of them are finding blocks either.  Dedicated has one miner.  3% of 300 coins a day is much better than 0% of 0 coins.

Been mining at ipominer for less than an hour and have 10 confirmed coins already.  You know how many I got from naut.0feepool.com overnight last night?  None.  I ain't the smartest guy in the world but the math ain't real hard on this one.

Its a smaller pool ( 0fee ), but they just broke the block, and if you were there now.. you would be raking it in.. its all in the luck of the blocks I suppose, Im in no rush to get my naut, I dont want to dump them.

I agree, I am excited to see where it goes.

I doubt many are mining NAUT to dump currently.  Not very profitable short term.  Most current miners have to be long term speculators.

NAUT is a long term hold coin, with the plans in place and being worked on, it has reached bottom barrel and I do not expect it to return... ever.
I'm looking there now.. 3% fees.. seems a lil steep, and roughly, abt %40 or so of the total net hash.. No idea why any one would use a 3% fee pool, when you can pay 2% @ dedicated, or even 0% @ http://naut.0feepool.com/ , unless you want coins 'asap' to dump.. I want naut to hold... so.. may not be a good idea for me to mine there. Thnks for the 411 tho.

Naut.0feepool.com has not found a block in 18 hours and hash rate there is dropping.  People are leaving.  Nobody is mining at any of the other pools listed on the OP or on the website (some aren't even operational) so none of them are finding blocks either.  Dedicated has one miner.  3% of 300 coins a day is much better than 0% of 0 coins.

Been mining at ipominer for less than an hour and have 10 confirmed coins already.  You know how many I got from naut.0feepool.com overnight last night?  None.  I ain't the smartest guy in the world but the math ain't real hard on this one.

Its a smaller pool ( 0fee ), but they just broke the block, and if you were there now.. you would be raking it in.. its all in the luck of the blocks I suppose, Im in no rush to get my naut, I dont want to dump them.

I doubt many are mining NAUT to dump currently.  Not very profitable short term.  Most current miners have to be long term speculators.

NAUT is a long term hold coin, with the plans in place and being worked on, it has reached bottom barrel and I do not expect it to return... ever.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Activity: 1036
I'll be moving to dedicated this evening then.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Jump to: