Author

Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!! - page 967. (Read 2085654 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
this updated client it started sync right away, but is it mandatory?
legendary
Activity: 1082
Merit: 1002
Activity: 356
Merit: 251
Official account of NAV Development Team
Official Navajo Coin Wallet Update (HardFork) SYNCFIX UPDATE2

Dear Navajo Coin Community! THIS IS A SECOND UPDATE INCLUDING THE SYNCFIX AND THE MAC OS X WALLET!!

PLEASE UPDATE TO THE LATEST WALLET TO BE SURE TO BE UP TO DATE!

Please download & update Your Navajo Coin wallet from here:

WINDOWS:

LINUX:

Activity: 307
Merit: 250
How many active connections do you have so I can compare mine is 17

whats a hardfork?

so using the old database is correct in a hardfork. I'm still learning everyday Smiley

I have 35 active connections right now.

something is not right here . I have 20.

Someone explain whats a hardfork etc

why  Smiley . everything.

hardfork & old blockchain & richlist??

20 connections are OK. A hard fork makes the old blockchain direction redundant. It creates a new direction that everyone must follow. A richlist is simply a compilation of addresses that have the the largest coin holdings.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

whats a hardfork?

so using the old database is correct in a hardfork. I'm still learning everyday Smiley

something is not right here . I have 20.

Someone explain whats a hardfork etc

why  Smiley . everything.

hardfork & old blockchain & richlist??

whats a hardfork?

Is it good to have a lot of connections? I know you have to have an adequate number, say 10-20. That's what I usually see. Isn't there more competition to stake with numbers higher than this?
if I use the old blockchain that was downloaded as of earlier today with the previous wallet, it will continue to download from block 192 and complete, will this have problem? or will I need to download from beginning which it isn't working

I had the same issue as Kunfu. My wallet would not sync from 0 so I used my "old" blockchain as it only had a few blocks to fully sync. Now I'm staking and everything seems fine with the new wallet but as you guys mentioned this was a fork, am I in the wrong blockchain or everything is OK?  Ta

There was some advice to sync an old wallet & save the .dat file and graft it into the new wallet. Does that still hold? I don't know. Dev, can we have something concrete on this hard fork question?

You can keep all files and just start the new wallet. Just make a backup of your wallet.dat!!

And btw we are working at the sync issue and releasing a small fix asap!

Regards
Shahim

Thanks. These posts have really got me thinking on wallet blockchain issues.
legendary
Activity: 1778

whats a hardfork?

legendary
Activity: 1050

whats a hardfork?

legendary
if I use the old blockchain that was downloaded as of earlier today with the previous wallet, it will continue to download from block 192 and complete, will this have problem? or will I need to download from beginning which it isn't working

I had the same issue as Kunfu. My wallet would not sync from 0 so I used my "old" blockchain as it only had a few blocks to fully sync. Now I'm staking and everything seems fine with the new wallet but as you guys mentioned this was a fork, am I in the wrong blockchain or everything is OK?  Ta

There was some advice to sync an old wallet & save the .dat file and graft it into the new wallet. Does that still hold? I don't know. Dev, can we have something concrete on this hard fork question?

You can keep all files and just start the new wallet. Just make a backup of your wallet.dat!!

And btw we are working at the sync issue and releasing a small fix asap!

Regards
Shahim

Activity: 518
Sounds great. But it all depends on how to promote it though!
Activity: 687
Merit: 500
There's a short wallet fix that should be available to download for everyone having trouble with Syncing.

Apart from that.

What do you guys think of something like this for NAV?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/offer-custom-physical-btc-address-cards-w-qr-codes-standard-credit-card-size-26395

There's a lot in store and some on our priority list. Smiley

~SoopY~

Very Good idea...Obviously I would match the color with the ones we use in the website and change the word "Bitcoin'' for "Navajocoin'
Activity: 621
Perfect idea Soopy!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
There's a short wallet fix that should be available to download for everyone having trouble with Syncing.

Apart from that.

What do you guys think of something like this for NAV?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/offer-custom-physical-btc-address-cards-w-qr-codes-standard-credit-card-size-26395

There's a lot in store and some on our priority list. Smiley

~SoopY~
Activity: 882
All working, Thx.
legendary
Conf is good, from post by Soopy
hmm I deletes all old files from my %appdata% expect wallet.dat and after run new wallet after i closed because no want start synch and I put new conf file to wallet folder in appdata and run again but 1 connection Smiley
I think I must first delete all old file...

Download the blockchain data, I uploaded earlier! It is much faster and working ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2kv1ub841e8ouo/SummerCoinV2.rar?dl=0
Activity: 373
They walk among us...
The exchanges are updating their clients with the new update mates , the markets should be up soon. Smiley

Also there's a quick fix coming fixing the sync issues some are experiencing.

For rest of the community! Enjoy Undisturbed Staking! Smiley

~SoopY~

Mine is working fine. I just downloaded the new wallet and all is working. Staking too...

Mine working fine too. Just downloaded the new wallet and staking fine.
Activity: 882
Conf is good, from post by Soopy
hmm I deletes all old files from my %appdata% expect wallet.dat and after run new wallet after i closed because no want start synch and I put new conf file to wallet folder in appdata and run again but 1 connection Smiley
I think I must first delete all old file...
legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
My windows wallet dont start synch. I close and run wallet but not working. I put conf file to wallet folder in %appdata% roaming but I have now 1 active conection to nethwork and 0% synch. Any idea why dont working ?
Did you change anything from your old wallet? (%appdata%) i just download the wallet and ran it. ( closed one opened the other) I have 16 connections. What is in your conf. file..
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org