Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official - page 26. (Read 196191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
altcoins are scammy by nature.  She knew what kind of bad neighborhood she was wandering into. 

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
Hey Tempus,  

Generally agree.
But, why did sandrine leave her job and what is her position on nokoin now?
(why would she want a new job. if nokoin would be adopted as hyped, she would be a very wealthy woman. Is her new job on the foundation board or related to nokoin?)

I've seen no evidence of a new job.
No post on Linked-in to inform of her new role, (Linked-in was highly touted by sandrine as "evidence" of nokoin team legitimacy)
even though she has updated Linked-in to say she has left nokoin.
Sandrine says on Linked-in of her role in nokoin,

- Worked with the founders on answering “why digital currencies are not mainstream as of now?” and creating a digital currency project that would solve this issue.
- Was in charge of creating and managing a community as well as our social media strategy
- Was in charge of pre-beta and beta product reviews.

So she seems to have distanced herself from anything POST beta, or anything relevant today.
Distancing herself from any final nokoin product responsibility on Linked-in. An attempt to show innocence? or avoid responsibility?

Was Sandrine duped into nokoin. Did she leave because she "realized" nokoin was a "scam"?
Sandrine, presumably, would be furious if she did feel duped into fronting a "scam".
Yet she has never told nokoiners of any concerns. (probably "couldn't" in such circumstance)
She left nokoin forum amicably. (or is it irony)
"It’s sad to be leaving just as NeuCoin is getting ready to launch the games and consumer applications that will make it what it’s supposed to be,"

She goes on to say,
"We are currently working to recruit a new community/marketing manager to take over my role, but this will take some time since we want to make sure we find the right person."
So, has she even really left nokoin, (or just the old position) is Sandrine personally looking for this manager. Is she one of Acorns anonymous voices?

So, on the balance of evidence, is nokoin most likely a "scam" as professed on this thread? Was Sandrine part of any "scam"?
IF the answer is yes, most likely, then Sandrine is/was involved. Knowingly or not. one way or the other.
If Sandrine still stands by nokoin and her full involvement in nokoin, I would like to hear her say that.

I actually hate to say. I think Sandrine was fully informed and compliant.
I may be wrong.

BTW FYI
Mike (Mike Port)
This user is suspended until December 6, 2016 8:29am.
Reason: Attempting to scam, harassing, spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) and subtracting value from the NeuCoin project.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

Or at least Sandrine is pretending she has already left.

From http://forum.neucoin.org/users/sandrine/activity
Last (private, er, "team") post 13 hours
Last seen Nov 25th
Last (public) post Nov 8th ("Hi everyone I'm leaving")

Now, why would Sandrine want us to think she has left, when she still has keys to the office?

I believe she doesn't want to be associated with Neucoin, doesn't want to be bind on it, but that she follows how it turns out - and maybe she is also waiting for unrestricted coins to dump. ;-)

In a legit project she would be most likely a good CM. I'm glad for her that she left, but at the same time I don't understand how smart people could ever believe that it wouldn't turn out as a disaster.

Funny is: The team should be glad that Neucoin never took traction, never got much attention. When they'll leave there won't be much feedback because of it - that's at least what I believe.

What I would like to know is if they have to fear the legal side.

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
it is time to leave the boat?

reading all this posts it seems now, the right time!

Huh Huh Huh Huh
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 545
Merit: 500

Nice work Alex, Bittrex 0.00002000 First buy wall gone.

First Magicking tried to make you look like an "a$$hole". That was bad enough.
But then James mod has to rub in the salt. "You keep answering your own questions." oops. James mod knows Jack shite.

James mod, (some say "the thickest person on the internet" mind you, that was before Superman turned up) teaching Alex about "trust"
If the ,er, "team" want to orphan Alexs' blocks over 6 minutes late, that's fine with James mod. That's trust.
Thanks James

Keep on dumping!

Oh man, I was just thinking about James and Dart and Torgeek today when I was reading this article on VOX:

http://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2015/12/3/9844480/why-people-believe-bullshit-science

"Why People Fall for Bullshit, According to Scientists".

Fascinating.  Some excerpts:

"The difference between bullshit and lying is that bullshit is constructed without any concern for the truth. It’s designed to impress rather than inform. And then lying, of course, is very concerned with the truth — but subverting it."  (Dan K. knows this well and has built a small fortune on it.  Decentralized distribution anyone?)

"Those who give higher profundity ratings to the bullshit are less analytic, less intelligent, higher in religious belief, and higher in what’s called ontological confusion." (James the gullible and yoga boy Dart described perfectly).

And this explains clearly why anyone at all bought the bullshit that is NoKoin:

"BR: Let's say I'm interested in becoming a better bullshitter. What are some principles I should follow?

GP: A good way to do it is insert a lot of buzzwords and be vague.

If you say something direct, the people who agree with you will like it and the people who don’t won’t like it. But if you say something vague, people will bring what they think it means to it. And then everyone will like it — if you hit the perfect spot."

So remember the NoKoin Bizness Plan

"distributed to all who grow its value and utility" "developing tangible utility over traditional currencies by creating platforms for online microtransactions" "secure, efficient and decentralized in the long-run based on an innovative proof-of-stake technology"

Look at all the fuckng buzzwords that mean absolutely nothing in just those few lines.  None of the tangible utility, not dcentralized in the least, not secure or even fair according to Alex's work.  Ooohh!  Microtransactions!

What an enourmous crock of bullshit this has been.  James.  Torgeek, you miserable wretch!  Dart:  we had your best interests at heart and you scorned us.

Not your fault.  Science just proves that you are dumb, we are smart, and DanK is Evil just like we have been saying since the beginning.   And you are dumb, and poor.

Unhealthy, (Tom)
"where is my neucoin where is the support?"
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/neucoin-disappeared-from-wallet-support-doesnt-reply-to-emails-wtf/2306

Looks like more disappearing nokoin. Veegold is not alone.
nokoin really is "No coin"

The end game cometh.
Watching.

Or at least Sandrine is pretending she has already left.

From http://forum.neucoin.org/users/sandrine/activity
Last (private, er, "team") post 13 hours
Last seen Nov 25th
Last (public) post Nov 8th ("Hi everyone I'm leaving")

Now, why would Sandrine want us to think she has left, when she still has keys to the office?

legendary

But then James mod has to rub in the salt. "You keep answering your own questions." oops. James mod knows Jack shite.

James mod, (some say "the thickest person on the internet" mind you, that was before Superman turned up) teaching Alex about "trust"
If the ,er, "team" want to orphan Alexs' blocks over 6 minutes late, that's fine with James mod. That's trust.
Thanks James

Keep on dumping!

What I really would like to know: How many Coins are in public-Investors hand? Or with other words: How many Coins are not under control of the Neu-team?

And what's also interesting: How many Coins from team-members are unrestricted and could reach the market if they want to leave. Because I'm sure that the team is not united. Sandrine is already out and that's an obvious sign. At one point there will be a race who is first to dump.

Thanks James

Keep on dumping!

Keep hope alive, this will be the most used coin in the world @ 2021

cant tell if sarcastic

As superman would probaly say,

hahahahahahahahahaha... hahahahahahaha.. hahaha..  

And nokoin will be $10 each,

hahahahahahah....  hahahahaha.. hahaha..

And Dan Kaufman, owning so many nokoin will own half the world,

hahahahahaha...haha..ha..

And everyone in the world will love Dan Kaufman and trust him more than anyone else,

haha... ha..

And squirrels will supersede human beings,

ha.. Oh shit!

Edit- Anyone got a 5 year growth account ? Cryptock? hahahaha... hahaha...  haha..

Also- Better get rid of your Bitcoin logo, Cryptock, bring on the squirrel logo. I guess your all in. hahahaha...  hahaha..  hahaha

legendary

cant tell if sarcastic

I was also not sure, but... :

so this is the coin that will bring mass adoption to crypto ..Haha

... ;-)
legendary

Yes... Mark Zuckerberg will leave Facebook, join the Neu-team and sell billions to China where it will be the official currency. And in 2022 it will replace dollar as petrodollar. MOOOOON! ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

cant tell if sarcastic
Activity: 1792
Merit: 507
Quick note,

Alexhiggins tries to get answers to why nokoin keep robbing him of his nokoin mining rewards,
After hours of work investigating and posting pages of evidence, after quietly threatening to sell his millions of nokoin if they don't sort this s*%/ out,

Magicking reply's,
"Both of theses statements (and past posts) make me think that you don't fully understand how things work and hence you make assumptions of how things might work and then get aggressive and mix multiple subject in your post (like this one) even if some answer has been given before."
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/public-pos-stakes-being-orphaned-by-foundation-account-stakes/2289/15

No attempt at enlightenment.
No attempt to discuss.
That's always been the nokoin way.

So who does fully understand how things work with nokoin?
Not Magicking lmo.
Nobody does. All part of the plan to dupe the masses.

Time to sell up Alex?

Possibilities:

1. They don't care any more, the decision to leave is already made so it's just a matter of time they'll let it die.

2. They absolutely don't know how to answer, what to say, how to fix the issues.

3. They are so naive and arrogant, ignorant and blind that they don't believe to be accountable for anything.

I believe it's a mix of 1, 2 and 3. And I don't see any possibility that this could turn out in something positive for anyone. Sometime somebody will sell and break the buywalls and the price will totally crash. It's just a matter of time.

Really, I thought a lot about this project... just out of the interest if it's theoretical possible that this project has any chance. But still I don't see just one single possible scenario. It has nothing positive but multiple issues and even if it would be a good project, the monster-inflation would be deadly in any case. 

Out of miner-perspective with wallets full of NEU there is the question if there are chances for a rising price... but even if they should be able to lead it into a little hype, what would they have to do? They need to distribute, so the price can't rise much. And over the time, more and more coins will become unrestricted, the risk that other large holder will bring pressure on the price or even break it is increasing.

So, the question is maybe more if it's smarter to sell all at once or over time.

Yeah,

They don't care, they never did. There was never any love from nokoin, er, "team" for nokoin. Never any details or fact. Now they are mostly gone.

I too have studied nokoin best I could, it started because of the "serious debate on pow v pos"
I was fooled by the word "serious". I took interest.
The rest is history (documented here. Warnings, concerns, jokes. All unanswered. Slowly proving correct.)

So now the months tick away. The nokoiners fall by the wayside.
If Alex sells up tonight it's game over. 1 satoshi.
It's coming.

Dart and Superman loose all their Bitcoin. (please don't then complain Dart)
Dan makes a million dollars.
The end.

Alex, time to sell up?
(seriously, why do you persist, even knowing your getting cheated? With all your millions, your still trailer cash to Dan?)

legendary
Quick note,

Alexhiggins tries to get answers to why nokoin keep robbing him of his nokoin mining rewards,
After hours of work investigating and posting pages of evidence, after quietly threatening to sell his millions of nokoin if they don't sort this s*%/ out,

Magicking reply's,
"Both of theses statements (and past posts) make me think that you don't fully understand how things work and hence you make assumptions of how things might work and then get aggressive and mix multiple subject in your post (like this one) even if some answer has been given before."
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/public-pos-stakes-being-orphaned-by-foundation-account-stakes/2289/15

No attempt to discuss.

Not Magicking lmo.

Time to sell up Alex?

Possibilities:

1. They don't care any more, the decision to leave is already made so it's just a matter of time they'll let it die.

2. They absolutely don't know how to answer, what to say, how to fix the issues.

3. They are so naive and arrogant, ignorant and blind that they don't believe to be accountable for anything.

I believe it's a mix of 1, 2 and 3. And I don't see any possibility that this could turn out in something positive for anyone. Sometime somebody will sell and break the buywalls and the price will totally crash. It's just a matter of time.

Really, I thought a lot about this project... just out of the interest if it's theoretical possible that this project has any chance. But still I don't see just one single possible scenario. It has nothing positive but multiple issues and even if it would be a good project, the monster-inflation would be deadly in any case. 

Out of miner-perspective with wallets full of NEU there is the question if there are chances for a rising price... but even if they should be able to lead it into a little hype, what would they have to do? They need to distribute, so the price can't rise much. And over the time, more and more coins will become unrestricted, the risk that other large holder will bring pressure on the price or even break it is increasing.

So, the question is maybe more if it's smarter to sell all at once or over time.
Quick note,

And after magickings last apology for his previous reply being wrong,

Magicking reply's,

No attempt to discuss.

Not Magicking lmo.  (Or he ain't sharing it.)

Time to sell up Alex?

Scam, Alex, I don't understand.

What relevance does that number have. 0.2424?

Scam, I don't read code.
All I see is 0.2424 accounting for leap years?

nokoin said month 3 would produce 95.93% interest. (Is this not the case?)
What relevance is 0.2424 to that rate? (if it is not just leap year)

"FYI... the actual interest rate hardcoded into the count is approx 0.2424 pct a day"
Alex, could you please explain the context. As you can see I'm not getting it.
Thanks.

Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Anybody tried to mine it solo? Dev - something wrong with submit block rpc!!!
Wallet didn't accept mined blocks - wtf???
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
^

"Interest rates" ("rewardSteps") are as mentioned by Kourosh: https://github.com/NeuCoin/neucoin/blob/master/src/GetProofOfStakeReward.cpp#L18

Alex' 0.2424 "actual interest rate" interpretation is probably derived from that weird looking formula
( 365 * 33 + 8 ) / 33 ~ 365.2424 (to take leap years into account): https://github.com/NeuCoin/neucoin/blob/master/src/GetProofOfStakeReward.cpp#L29
Pages:
Jump to: