Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NEX :: Nxt Reimagined - Industrial Strength - Imagine Fairness! - page 38. (Read 101968 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
It's raining in the kitchen
and my cousin is named Chen
all written with my little pen
insane rhymes are insane
to da moon chicken
Activity: 428
Merit: 252
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
The plan looks great
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
roses are red
violets are blue
i want NEX coins too
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I'm interested!  Smiley

NEX open source from the start. Why would anyone prefer the closed source alternative? (NXT promised the sources for January, they now say April; it will probably never be fully open source. This is too bad for serious money)

Haven't you heard?  Nxt is a proprietary closed source coin disguising itself as 'open source'.

We've already decompiled it and have a running version of it.   One reason it is closed source is because the code is plain horrible.

In fact, the entire experience is horrible.  People can't get their clients to sync,  people lose wallets all the time and it is so common for the files to become corrupted.  I'm not making this up,  just head over to the Nxt threads.

Anyway, that's why the 1:50 Nxt to NEX exchange is reality plain and simple charity.  Same kind of charity we are giving the VisaCoin victims.  Nxt coin holders are actually victims not investors.

I am really impressed about that you are such a beneficent person and taking care of the possible losses from others.

Serious questions:

a) In case that Nxt wouldn´t struggle and the NXT-coin holders wouldn´t loose anything or be victims (please clarify "victims")... so, than what will happen with the funds you have collected and received to you Nxt-account already? And additional... what´s the timeframe (please determine)?

b) Will you give the collected "charity" funds into hands of an escrow service?

c) What´s your refund plan if NEX never be launched? Do you will refund with additional interest?

d) Will you benefit from an active forging with the collected NXT? Also here, in case of c)... will you divide and payout the forged NXT with the refund?

Interesting questions. How long before it kicks off anyway?
rnr
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
I'm interested!  Smiley

NEX open source from the start. Why would anyone prefer the closed source alternative? (NXT promised the sources for January, they now say April; it will probably never be fully open source. This is too bad for serious money)

Haven't you heard?  Nxt is a proprietary closed source coin disguising itself as 'open source'.

We've already decompiled it and have a running version of it.   One reason it is closed source is because the code is plain horrible.

In fact, the entire experience is horrible.  People can't get their clients to sync,  people lose wallets all the time and it is so common for the files to become corrupted.  I'm not making this up,  just head over to the Nxt threads.

Anyway, that's why the 1:50 Nxt to NEX exchange is reality plain and simple charity.  Same kind of charity we are giving the VisaCoin victims.  Nxt coin holders are actually victims not investors.

I am really impressed about that you are such a beneficent person and taking care of the possible losses from others.

Serious questions to FrictionlessCoin:

a) In case that Nxt will not struggle and the NXT-coin holders are don´t gonna loose anything or be victims (please clarify "victims")... so, than what will happen with the funds you have collected and received to you Nxt-account already? And additional... what´s the timeframe (please determine)?

b) Will you give the collected "charity" funds into hands of an escrow service?

c) What´s your refund plan if NEX never be launched? Do you will refund with additional interest?

d) Will you benefit from an active forging with the collected NXT? Also here, in case of c)... will you divide and payout the forged NXT with the refund?

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
rnr
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
PROPOSAL:

Implementation of the following PROOF OF BURN:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-levelcoin-proof-of-stake-proof-of-burn-hybrid-inflation-immune-422309;topicseen  FOR NEX

Level 1 (LV1) coins are the name of the currency that will be distributed via the pre launch fundraiser. These are the coins that will be on exchanges and can be bought and sold. These coins will generate 1 additional LV1 coin per week for every 1,000 LV1 coins that you own (updates fractionally on the blockchain every 15 seconds and are rounded up to the nearest millionth). This means that in one year of holding 1,000 LV1 coins, you will receive roughly 50 LV1 coins, or 5% per annum. Doesn't seem like much? Keep reading.

Level 2 (LV2) coins can only be obtained by burning Level 1 coins. For every 1,000 LV1 coins that are burned you will receive one LV2 coin. These coins can not be exchanged, sold, or discarded by any means and will be attached to the wallet indefinitely. Each LV2 coin will generate five LV1 coins per week. In one year of holding one single LV2 coin, you will receive roughly 250 LV1 coins. This equates to an increase of 25% per annum. Much better isn't it?

In summary,  this looks like an excellent idea.   Pre-launch NEX coins will be LV1 coins and new coins will be LV2 coins.  

This proof of burn functionality is superior to the 'forging' feature of Nxt.

The LV1 coins will be called "NEX Foundation Coins"

The LV2 coins will be called "NEX Proof of Stake Coins"

Note: Only NEX Foundation Coins are exchangeable as described by the proposal.

We will refine this over time.

Very interesting proposal. Do we get our bonus LV1 coins only when we're forging, or does the network give us them even when we're not forging? Or is there no forging going on at all?

The best way to think about this is to make the analogy between banks and enterprises.

Actually,  I should rename the LV1 and LV2 coin,    "NEX Bank Coin" and "NEX Enterprise Coin" .

With the NEX Bank Coin you get 5% interest. You never lose your principal.

With NEX Enterprise Coin you consume NEX Bank Coin but in the process you stand to gain 25% of what you gain.

It is actually a quite excellent and simple system.

Finally some innovation!! That's the spirit if we're gonna surpass NXT.

Yes, from Level Coin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-levelcoin-proof-of-stake-proof-of-burn-hybrid-inflation-immune-422309
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

Well then if you want to hang around here,  you might want to vote for the cutest kitten to serve as the NEX mascot:

In Search of a NEX Mascot!

Could you give us some more, I think they are all nice, but not the real deal...

BTW. when you speak of "us" are you referring to you and your cats? Which of the cats is the lead developer of NEX?

Activity: 30
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
I really suck at poetry,
but,
I,
just,
want,
some,
NEX,
OK?
DOKE?

Interested
Activity: 33
It would be nice if,
it had a dog on it,
a cat on it,
or even a kanye on it,
but im still INTERESTED
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Over the NXT zealotry, BTW, ever notice that I steer people towards all the other NXT clones except yours?
Wonder why that is...

Because all the clones are just parody and this is the real thing!

Wonder why you hate NEX so much?

FC, can I remind u again that u were the one who first came storming into the NXT threads and started screaming about how unfair it all was, then stole almost every aspect of NXT and tried to use it for your own personal vendetta against NXT ?

Maybe you have a short memory.... it indeed was unfair.

Maybe you should consult this poll:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361286.40 

NXT is #2 scamiest coin, losing out only to #1 quark.

I'm not the only one who think Nxt IPO was unfair.

Maybe you don't realize why NEX is gaining so much traction?  It is precisely because NXT was so unfair.  Plain and simple.  That is the reality.  Live with it.

You do realize people want to clone NXT because it's successful? People don't clone it because it sucks. Why do you think there are hundreds of bitcoin clones?

So no, NXT was not unfair, you're just catering to people who missed the boat and want something for nothing, of course it's going to be popular.

Funny you claim NXT distribution is unfair when you are accepting upwards of 1,000,000 NXT in exchange for NEX - giving yourself a nice $75k USD bonus. That hardly sounds fair. Maybe if you truly wanted to be fair, you should distribute that amount to everyone that is interested. Free and fair... isn't that your motto?
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
Activity: 16
Interested.  And best of luck!
Activity: 189
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
Running the wallet on a VM, so it'll be up 24/7 now. Let's see which corrupts itself first - the official NXT client or NEX!

My NEX address, if you want some additional transaction testing.

Wait... we haven't released anything yet.  At best, you have our alpha client that just exercises on the Nxt network.

Our apologies for the confusion.

Honestly, we could have gone with a straight clone of NXT,  blown away the original block chain, but we want to build something more solid.

So sorry, you will have to wait a week or so for something resembling more of what we want to achieve.

Gotcha - I skimmed the original thread too quickly and thought that the client released was on a 'testnet' blockchain. I'll do some testing on the NXT chain then - looking forward to the NEX client.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
Running the wallet on a VM, so it'll be up 24/7 now. Let's see which corrupts itself first - the official NXT client or NEX!

Wait... we haven't released anything yet.  At best, you have our alpha client that just exercises on the Nxt network.

Our apologies for the confusion.

Honestly, we could have gone with a straight clone of NXT,  blown away the original block chain, but we want to build something more solid.

So sorry, you will have to wait a week or so for something resembling more of what we want to achieve.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

Over the NXT zealotry, BTW, ever notice that I steer people towards all the other NXT clones except yours?
Wonder why that is...

Because all the clones are just parody and this is the real thing!

Wonder why you hate NEX so much?

FC, can I remind u again that u were the one who first came storming into the NXT threads and started screaming about how unfair it all was, then stole almost every aspect of NXT and tried to use it for your own personal vendetta against NXT ?

Maybe you have a short memory.... it indeed was unfair.

Maybe you should consult this poll:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361286.40 

NXT is #2 scamiest coin, losing out only to #1 quark.

I'm not the only one who think Nxt IPO was unfair.

Maybe you don't realize why NEX is gaining so much traction?  It is precisely because NXT was so unfair.  Plain and simple.  That is the reality.  Live with it.
Pages:
Jump to: