Author

Topic: [ANN] NiceHash.com - sell & buy hash rate cloud mining service / multipool - page 342. (Read 794124 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 273
Been trying NiceHash out recently, and overall it's great.  However, non-payment for stale shares makes this site extremely hokey.  Why?  Because if someone pays to direct hashrate to an extremely low diff coin, you activity like this:

When this site pushes so much hashrate to a low-diff coin like this, reject rates go thru the roof, and the actual payout is abimismal.  Meanwhile, the person paying for hashes gets up to 50% "bonus" hashrate because most shares are rejected.

I think a change is needed here if you don't want this site to get gamed badly and fail.  Either average reject rate needs to be considered, and the person paying for mining power should pay based on that average reject rate (individual miners with higher reject rates should get less of course).  Or, NiceHash should avoid piling all of the pool's hashing power on a job when the difficult is so low that we compete with ourselves for orphans.

You're partly right about this. Please, take a look at FAQ (you probably already did) "How exactly does pay-per-valid-share and get-paid-per-valid share work?" - https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqg2

We'll make sure it's a 100% fair game for sellers and buyers. Currently we've already resolved all the issues regarding general validation of the shares and this is already implemented. Provider is paid for all valid work it produces (even if some of this valid work is rejected by the buyers pool, because pool is not operating correctly).

What we're currently working on is better validation of stale shares. When a buy order is set to a pool that produces excessive stale shares on the provider side, provider is actually not being paid for those stale shares. However, even without intelligent stale shares detection we're not talking about 50% rejects but more like 5-10% worst-case scenarios. But this is the exact same reject rate that a provider would have to "swallow" if you would be mining on any other pool or multipool which is hitting high-profitability fast-switching low-diff coins. But since our service is about renting (valid) hash power, buyer should pay for all the valid work that he gets, even if these are stale shares (buyer is the one that chooses a pool that produces stale shares) - therefore we'll improve this.

Anyway - stale shares validation is currently being tested - will let you know when it's fully implemented.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
You can lower your share diff with "d=128" or whatever you want as password, so you submit shares more often you know.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Been trying NiceHash out recently, and overall it's great.  However, non-payment for stale shares makes this site extremely hokey.  Why?  Because if someone pays to direct hashrate to an extremely low diff coin, you activity like this:

Code:
[19:48:54] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:48:54] Stratum from NiceHash detected new block
[19:48:56] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:48:56] Stratum from NiceHash detected new block
[19:48:57] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:48:57] Stratum from NiceHash detected new block
[19:48:57] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:48:59] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:48:59] Stratum from NiceHash detected new block
[19:48:59] Rejected 5aecc399 Diff 721/512 GPU 2  (Job not found.)
[19:49:01] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:49:01] Stratum from NiceHash detected new block
[19:49:03] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:49:03] Stratum from NiceHash detected new block
[19:49:03] Rejected 1908fd32 Diff 2.62K/512 GPU 4  (Job not found.)
[19:49:03] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:49:04] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:49:04] Stratum from NiceHash detected new block
[19:49:06] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:49:06] Stratum from NiceHash detected new block
[19:49:08] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:49:08] Stratum from NiceHash detected new block
[19:49:08] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart
[19:49:09] Stratum from NiceHash requested work restart

When this site pushes so much hashrate to a low-diff coin like this, reject rates go thru the roof, and the actual payout is abimismal.  Meanwhile, the person paying for hashes gets up to 50% "bonus" hashrate because most shares are rejected.

I am going to move my rigs away from here until this is fixed, but I am definitely going to start buying lots of hashing time for low-diff coins that seem valuable...

I think a change is needed here if you don't want this site to get gamed badly and fail.  Either average reject rate needs to be considered, and the person paying for mining power should pay based on that average reject rate (individual miners with higher reject rates should get less of course).  Or, NiceHash should avoid piling all of the pool's hashing power on a job when the difficult is so low that we compete with ourselves for orphans.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com
I did see around 125MH/s from NiceHash at one point earlier today after it had been mining for around an hour, but the majority of the time I saw roughly 1/10 the promised hashrate.

I've also previously run >70MH/s myself through a single connection to ipoMiner without issue.

I got an email from someone that was mining on NiceHash at the time I had it rented, and they said they were seeing rejects in their miner, if that helps clarify the issue for you at all.

I thought the issue might be worker banning because of duplicate shares, and I do see that in the log files occasionally, but only a few times.. not nearly enough to cause this hashrate discrepancy.
Activity: 96
I'm very impressed with this concept.  So, if I understand it correctly NiceHash merely operates as a "hub" where the rig owner and the hash renter converge in a mutually beneficial trade of resources.  I like the fact that this method takes control away from a singular data center and puts the power back to the individual.  I'm busy mining my "minimum" on my current pool.  Once I can cash out completely, I am moving my miners over NiceHash!
Does anyone have an idea why do I with my 280x only 550Mh/s with sgminer but with old cgminer 3.7.2 I get 715Mh/s? I've tryed it all changing kernels, intensity, xintensity...

Make sure sgminer truly loads all the settings from config file. You can start sgminer with the --text-only option and also with the --verbose option ... this way you'll be able to see which part of config might not be properly loaded.

sgminer --text-only --verbose ... other parameters

"thread-concurrency" : "8193",

why 8193? try 8192
It is my pool - ipoMiner.com. I'm currently the top bidder on NiceHash and have been for a while now, again, and am seeing 0.19GH/s on NiceHash - only 23MH on the pool-side for that worker though. I can set the share diff as high as 1024, if that matters, but I don't know why it would.

Well, we'll take a closer look at this, I'll pass this to the dev team and get back to you via PM or email as soon as we'll find out why the numbers doesn't match. Thanks for your patience!

We found out that there was another user having issues with ipominer.com, also couldn't max out more then 30mhs ... You should know that our system aggregates the hash power and connects to the pool with a single connection (this is more efficient and eliminates false-ddos like issues with pools in case of many smaller connections). It looks that the https://ipominer.com/ pool can't handle massive hash power through single connection (this is different than having multiple rigs with same username/password/account). Please check with the software provider of your pool what are the limitations for a single connection to your pool. Of course I'm not saying there is something wrong with your pool, it's just that it can't handle massive hash rate through a single connection. Probably there are some other pools with similar limitations, but so far we've successfully tested many other pools with 100mhs+ on single connection.

Related: as you can see we're exploring new dimensions regarding pool's capabilities. We're the first in market to be able to provide truly massive hash rate through single connection, but soon this will become a standard, when ASICs like KnCMiner, Alpha Technology and next-gen GridSeeds will become available. Therefore I ask all pool operators to make sure their pools are able to accept and handle massive hash rate through a single connection.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Does anyone have an idea why do I with my 280x only 550Mh/s with sgminer but with old cgminer 3.7.2 I get 715Mh/s? I've tryed it all changing kernels, intensity, xintensity...

Code:
"xintensity" : "4",
"worksize" : "128",
"kernel" : "ckolivas",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8193",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "10",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "7",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"no-client-reconnect" : true
}
It is my pool - ipoMiner.com. I'm currently the top bidder on NiceHash and have been for a while now, again, and am seeing 0.19GH/s on NiceHash - only 23MH on the pool-side for that worker though. I can set the share diff as high as 1024, if that matters, but I don't know why it would.

Well, we'll take a closer look at this, I'll pass this to the dev team and get back to you via PM or email as soon as we'll find out why the numbers doesn't match. Thanks for your patience!
legendary
It is my pool - ipoMiner.com. I'm currently the top bidder on NiceHash and have been for a while now, again, and am seeing 0.19GH/s on NiceHash - only 23MH on the pool from it though. I can set the share diff as high as 1024, if that matters, but I don't think it should matter.

I just cancelled my current order and withdrew my coins - this has been a ripoff.
@kenshirothefist I don't think that's the issue.. it was definitely running for 30+ minutes.

It's still possible that some order intercalated between your order (small higher paying order) .. What pool were you mining at, do you know what is pools's highest share diff?
legendary
@kenshirothefist I don't think that's the issue.. it was definitely running for 30+ minutes.
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
It is around 130MH/s, usually you have to let it run for some time to see the real hashrate.
Hashrate based on shares submitted in the past 5 minutes.

Also, 0.008BTC/MH? WTF?  Grin

Edit: Oh, now it's 0.010BTC/MH, okay.

i cant believe it either , but as of now nicehash is the best paying pool anywhere
How does the displayed hashrate on NiceHash work, exactly? I'm renting, and see an scrypt speed of 0.1345 GH/s listed, but only see 16MH/s on my pool. I would expect to see 134.5MH/s...

NiceHash calculates hashrate based on shares submitted in the past 5 minutes. Most pools calculates hashrate based on shares submited in the past 10+ minutes. What happend to you is that probably your order wasn't running long enough for your pool to display full hashrate.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
It is around 130MH/s, usually you have to let it run for some time to see the real hashrate.
Hashrate based on shares submitted in the past 5 minutes.

Also, 0.008BTC/MH? WTF?  Grin

Edit: Oh, now it's 0.010BTC/MH, okay.
legendary
How does the displayed hashrate on NiceHash work, exactly? I'm renting, and see an scrypt speed of 0.1345 GH/s listed, but only see 16MH/s on my pool. I would expect to see 134.5MH/s...
I am getting only rejected : Rejected 39047b86 Diff 1.15K/128 GPU 1 Pool 3 (Share above target.)
My friends reported the same with cgminer. Is there any problem on scrypt stratum ?

cgminer does not work, try sgminer :-)

True, cgminer 3.7.2 has a bug and doesn't work with our stratum (Due to the NiceHash's latest state-of-the art engine, older miners are not supported.) ... please read https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs0 ... you'll find detailed information on which miners are supported (basically all except of cgminer 3.7.2 Wink ). You'll also find some useful information on how to configure your miners, how to squeeze some more hashrate by using optimized kernels, etc.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I am getting only rejected : Rejected 39047b86 Diff 1.15K/128 GPU 1 Pool 3 (Share above target.)
My friends reported the same with cgminer. Is there any problem on scrypt stratum ?

cgminer does not work, try sgminer :-)
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Activity: 179
I'm using NiceHash for 4 days already providing 2.5 Mh, I like everything so far, just wanted to say thanks to developers, keep it that way!
Jump to: