Author

Topic: [ANN] NiceHash.com - sell & buy hash rate cloud mining service / multipool - page 343. (Read 794124 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 273
Miners are seriously needed! There are plenty good paying Scrypt orders! Give it a try and point your miners to NiceHash and get paid 4 times a day!
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Any ETA on getting x11 added? Most of the popular renting services have it already. Would love to throw mine in here and give it a go.

X11 will be added soon, probably by the end of this week.

Great! Looking forward to it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Is the scrypt-N servers down?  Huh

No, our Scrypt-A-Nfactor stratum is now down, it is just that currently there are no active orders for Scrypt-A-Nfactor. You have to use a backup pool. Please take a look at FAQ http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs1, where this is explained in details.

Ah thank you. Sorry for not looking Tongue

No, our Scrypt-A-Nfactor stratum is now down, it is just that currently there are no active orders for Scrypt-A-Nfactor. You have to use a backup pool. Please take a look at FAQ http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs1, where this is explained in details.

- optionally select your desired speed (to-do)
You really need to add this option. Most pools use PPLNS and I don't think it works great with current system. If you mine for 1hr at insane speed, and then just switch it off, I'm pretty sure pool pays you a lot less. Also buying hashing power for a short period of time might screw you over if pool was unlucky during that time. Renting stable 10MH/s for 24hrs is a lot better than renting 500MH/s for 1hr IMO.

Will do it soon ... it on our high-priority top to-do list.

I would just like to add a few things about mining and renting hash power. When you hire a rig, you don't hire it because of the constant speed it offers, but because it can mine you some coins. To mine coins efficiently, it is all about proper timing. And what you need besides proper timing? High hashing speed - so that you can take all the blocks for yourself and maximize the profit.

Try to be more "open" minded and you will realize at the end, that this is a great service. NiceHash offers you proper timing (you can put order up and take it down whenever you want) and high hashing speed. Everything else are details and mind obstructions laid by other prior services.

It is strange, that not one of you talks about the main benefit you gain as a buyer - reliability. You don't have to be worried about rigs going down, you don't have to contact providers or open tickets to get a refund, you don't have to measure and monitor speeds constantly to see if the provider didn't trick you out for few khs.

If you asked me 2 months back if I would risk some BTCs to hire some hashing power to mine a coin - my answer would be no - not because I wouldn't know which coin to mine, but because I wouldn't trust anyone to hire rigs from. It is no problem to risk small amounts, that is acceptable, but imagine situation you would like to invest large amount, like 5 BTCs to get a decent amount of coins when there is a chance to get them at low diff rate. If the expected turn-over is then 5.5 BTCs, that means to actually earn 0.5 BTCs, you need to hire 100% reliable rigs. Now, how many rigs do you need to hire to get 1 GH/s hashing power? A lot! And how many of these will perform 100% reliably during this period? 80% if you are lucky. The rest, you will have to beg for refunds, extensions, wasting your time doing this and minimizing your profit.

NiceHash takes everything to the next level, because as a buyer, you can actually play by statistics and then actually win, even if the statistics tell you the profit is only 1% - at the end, you actually get this profit, hassle free.

If you ask me now, would I risk some BTCs to buy hashing power on NiceHash? Yes I would! Just let me find a coin on which it is worth (I am a bit rusty in that now, haven't been up with the scene lately). The only remaining thing to worry about is which coin (and pool) to pick - nothing else! And that is the major benefit of NiceHash.

And yes, in some cases, mining with 3 GH/s might be an overkill - if there is just few MH/s of network power, it is pointless to come in with 3 GH/s on a coin that adjusts diff quickly. A 100 MH/s hashing power would be enough. Now this is a feature that will come in soon - you will be able to limit your maximal hashing power.

After thinking for a while, there are other use cases for the service - not explored yet. Just let me give you some hints (assuming offered hashing speed is few GH/s in near future):
1. You can fork (shit) coins with this.
2. You can compete with multipools directly - if you can quickly detect these "holes" of low diffs on coins, you can extract a lot of coins out of this. I believe some already have algorithms for that and combining them with offered hashpower from NiceHash could really earn you some decent amount of coins, way above what you pay for hashes.
3. Use slush0's stratum proxy and you can solo mine with few GH/s - that one alone is worth trying once at least Wink
Activity: 434
Activity: 266
- optionally select your desired speed (to-do)
You really need to add this option. Most pools use PPLNS and I don't think it works great with current system. If you mine for 1hr at insane speed, and then just switch it off, I'm pretty sure pool pays you a lot less. Also buying hashing power for a short period of time might screw you over if pool was unlucky during that time. Renting stable 10MH/s for 24hrs is a lot better than renting 500MH/s for 1hr IMO.
We've updated FAQ's with lot's of additional information and useful insights, so I really welcome you check on FAQ's. I would especially recommend:

General:
How exactly does pay-per-valid-share and get-paid-per-valid share work?
http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqg2

Buyers of hash power:
How can I buy hash power at NiceHash?
http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqb0

Rig providers: sellers:
Which miners are supported?
http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs0

I have slow mining rig. Can I adjust difficulty?
http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs7

Can you help me with transition to sgminer?
http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs8
Any ETA on getting x11 added? Most of the popular renting services have it already. Would love to throw mine in here and give it a go.

X11 will be added soon, probably by the end of this week.
Activity: 280
FYI: today we successfully migrated NiceHash.com to new server infrastructure. We just had a couple of minutes of downtime and of course no hash power or funds were lost, service has just been "on pause" for a couple of minutes. New rig owners (providers) are welcome, there are good paying orders already placed, waiting for additional hash power!
Activity: 34
Using NiceHash for around 24h now. GREAT!!! Thank you! Keep up the good work!
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
one idea:

could you add an estimate of the running time of an order in the "order create" page.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
-p p=5.2 This sets minimum to 0.0052BTC/Mh/Day

You can switch miners or do whatever you want, because you get paid when your unpaid balance is greater than 0.002 BTC.
Activity: 14
Looks very interesting!
How can I setup a price threshold? The FAQ mentioned using it in the password  = "p=price"

If I have a 3.6 Mh/s rig and I want to rent at minimum 0.006 BTC/Mh/day, what do I put in?

Also, I imagine I can have it work with Betarigs as my primary pool, Nicehash as the backup pool and Waffle pool as a 2nd backup pool, correct?

What happens if my miner switches back to Betarigs after only an ten minutes or something because someone rented it there, is there am minimum time period that we get paid for?
Try to be more "open" minded and you will realize at the end, that this is a great service. NiceHash offers you proper timing (you can put order up and take it down whenever you want) and high hashing speed. Everything else are details and mind obstructions laid by other prior services.

It is strange, that not one of you talks about the main benefit you gain as a buyer - reliability. You don't have to be worried about rigs going down, you don't have to contact providers or open tickets to get a refund, you don't have to measure and monitor speeds constantly to see if the provider didn't trick you out for few khs.

Well, take a look at the orders at NiceHash.com right now ... that's what djeZo was talking about Wink ... see new (higher priced) orders ... buyers are already utilizing the ability to get high hashing speed with just a few clicks, with no risks Wink
Activity: 81
now it works.

sometimes getting this:

Apr 11 14:35:40 bfgminer[11444]: Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0
Apr 11 14:35:40 bfgminer[11444]: Unknown stratum msg: {"id":0,"result":null,"error":[0, "Method not supported", null]}
Activity: 95
It would be nice if you post tutorial to setup worker at pool etc.
It's all in faq.
There are no workers as owner, you just put yout BTC address as username, and some optional parameters as password.

Or if you meant how it works for renters, then I have no idea Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
It would be nice if you post tutorial to setup worker at pool etc.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Cool.... any plans of adding x11 to the features? Seems to be the trending algo now...
+1,I think X11 is cool Smiley
Jump to: