Author

Topic: [ANN] NiceHash.com - sell & buy hash rate cloud mining service / multipool - page 345. (Read 794120 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
djeZo, thanks for creating LeaseRig - where I am a provider approaching 1000 hours leased.

Please convince me how it would be better for me to follow you over to NiceHash.

In particular, my tactic on LeaseRig is to be continuously leased. I set a price at or just above the best offer and only allow 72 hour rentals. If no one rents my rig in 30 minutes or so, then I take the highest offer for 72 hours.

This tactic works, because the best offer has always been better than what I could otherwise obtain at Wafflepool, TradeMyBit, or Clevermining, which have been my back up pools.

Another issue is the mining algorithm. I have 3 GPU rigs, and for well known reasons best argued elsewhere, I will not buy ASIC rigs. Therefore I will be compelled to migrate to Script-N or some other ASIC-resistant mining algorithm. There are no Scrypt-N offers posted at LeaseRig yet, but there is sufficient activity on Betarigs for Script-N that I believe the Scrypt-N coin universe is growing - led by Vertcoin.

Comments?
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
Thank you for a thorough explanation.

Rejection rate should drop to below 1% if your miner is properly configured.

That would be great, right now I'm getting 17%  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
Is it just me or does the difficulty seem really high?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Till now I have been using this service only as a miner, but today I also tried buying hash. I bought for 0.005BTC hashes and started mining coin with very low diff. I got almost all blocks and just in half of hour I earn coins worth 0.006BTC. If I sum up, I can earn 0.024BTC per day, so I will use this service again.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
So one more question that isn't addressed.. what will my rig be hashing if it is not currently hired... since I cannot supply my own pools to use.. what happens?

sometimes ....reading/faq helps  Wink
https://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs5

Well I figured that kind of question would have been answered in the first post of this thread..
Activity: 169
So one more question that isn't addressed.. what will my rig be hashing if it is not currently hired... since I cannot supply my own pools to use.. what happens?

sometimes ....reading/faq helps  Wink
https://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs5
Activity: 181
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
I like the easiness of simply adding a pool to the conf/bat files from the miner's side.

Thanks, we hope that this is what will attract all those miners who would like to get a good paying service with a peace of mind (no "worries" if rig goes down, no communication with buyers, etc.).

But as a renter, I found the method and calculations to be quite a deterrent. I cannot simply look at a list of rig speeds and and choose a speed and duration to rent, for example a 7MH/s for 6 hours. The only option I have is to input that I want to spend this many BTC from the wallet, a BTC/GH/Day that is useless to me (without something to compare it with) and a calculated total number of hashes. What about the time/duration.

We would like to cut the old-fashion thinking of "renting a rig". Therefore we introduced a new concept which will need some time for the users to adopt it (that is, renting the hash power). What you're saying is correct - currently there are no limitations possible, because the service is still not in full feature state.

When we'll finish the "placing orders" functionality (probably next week), the process will go like that:

- select algorithm (already done)
- select amount of BTC you are willing to spend (already done)
- select price per hash you are willing to pay (already done)
- optionally select your desired speed (to-do)
- optionally limit the duration of the order (remaining funds are returned to your wallet if all funds are not spent before order expiration time) (to-do)
- optionally set order start expiration date-time (to-do)

This way you'll simply be able to rent the hashpower that you want (for example 100 Mhs) for the price that you're willing to pay (for example 5 BTC/GH/day) (+optionally limit your order for a custom duration). If there is enough hashpower available (you'll be able to see how much hashpower is currently available), your order will be activated instantly, otherwise it will be on hold until the hashpower will become available. If you set start expiration date-time and expire date-time comes before your order could be started, your order will be automatically canceled.

The total number of hashes I purchased is a good reference to go by I'f im trading hashes (like cex.io). Otherwise XXX MH/s is pretty much an universal standard of units for GPU mining.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Great service. Been test mining here for about a week and it works great. Very easy to set up and much better payouts then multipools. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
You have a Gridseed in the picture there, can you tell me which miner you support that would work with it. You're saying that only sgminer is compatible with your pool, but it does not support Gridseed. Thanks.

We've tested BFGminer for gridseed (http://cryptomining-blog.com/1396-download-bfgminer-3-10-0-for-windows-scrypt-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-asics/) and it works great.

We haven't tested the cgminer-for-gridseed versions - that said it might be that some of the forks of cgminer-3-7-2 with gridseed support might have been patched with upstream patches from latest cgminer and they might work - just give it a try - connect your miner to stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333 - it will start hashing instantly and if all that you'll get are rejects, then your software is not compatible with our service - however if you're getting accepts then you're already earning bitcoins Wink ... btw ... cgminer 3.7.2 is an really old version and we really encourage you to use newer versions or alternatives - besides security patches there are also speed improvements in newer versions/alternatives.

Thanks, I'll try bfgminer. I tried dtbartle's cgminer compiled about a week ago and all it did was rejects with "share above target".
How can someone looking to pay more than the current rate for hash power see the total available?
E.g. I want to see all available hash power including that which will kick in at a higher rental rate due to some rig owners waiting for the rate to rise above their minimum setting.

This feature will be implemented in the near future. It's not trivial to automatically detect hash power of rigs, therefore we postponed this feature for a week or so. But yes, you'll be able to see an approximate value of how much hash power is available (besides the one that is currently set to active orders).
Activity: 14
Very cool service I am going to point my rig there soon  Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Ok nice.

I saw the comment about the reject rate, that seems to be the issue for me.

I only get rejects, i use cgminer 3.7.2. I thought this was the last version that supported scrypt mining right..?

Some help please..

You must use sgminer 4.0.0 or newer. It is all written in first comment.
Activity: 182
To the MOOOON
Ok nice.

I saw the comment about the reject rate, that seems to be the issue for me.

I only get rejects, i use cgminer 3.7.2. I thought this was the last version that supported scrypt mining right..?

Some help please..
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hi, I have some feedback to share.

I like the easiness of simply adding a pool to the conf/bat files from the miner's side. But as a renter, I found the method and calculations to be quite a deterrent. I cannot simply look at a list of rig speeds and and choose a speed and duration to rent, for example a 7MH/s for 6 hours. The only option I have is to input that  I want to spend this many BTC from the wallet, a BTC/GH/Day that is useless to me (without something to compare it with) and a calculated total number of hashes. What about the time/duration.

If a new coin is released, Ideally I would like to rent 20MH/s for 6 hours than 2.5MH/s for two days. I haven't gone ahead and ordered anything, so I'm not sure if there is an option to chose a time period after placing the order. If there is, there needs to be clear instructions on what exactly I am receiving for the BTC I'm paying.

Betarigs and leaserigs works because as a customer Its pretty self explanatory.... each rig is listed with a price and the speed, and the price you pay goes higher as the rental duration increases. Once you have the duration set, a confirmation page telling you the final cost is displayed to accept or reject. The total number of hashes I purchased is a good reference to go by I'f im trading hashes (like cex.io). Otherwise XXX MH/s is pretty much an universal standard of units for GPU mining.
Activity: 34
How can someone looking to pay more than the current rate for hash power see the total available?

E.g. I want to see all available hash power including that which will kick in at a higher rental rate due to some rig owners waiting for the rate to rise above their minimum setting.
any plans of adding x11 to the features? Seems to be the trending algo now...

Yes, of course. We'll add X11 in the near future (probably next week). If there will be a demand we'll also add other algorithms, without any problems.
When will the payouts happen, every once a day?

Payments are automatic and are issued four times a day if your unpaid balance is greater than 0.002 BTC.

https://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs3
Activity: 182
To the MOOOON
Nice idea!

When will the payouts happen, every once a day?

Will give it a go
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Cool.... any plans of adding x11 to the features? Seems to be the trending algo now...
Jump to: