Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 119. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101
You're talking from a strict investors point of view. Crypto coins is not a new company you are buying into, you're buying into tech that will be used as a new monetary system.

The BTC protocol is not being improved by simply forking and cloning a coin. Gen 2 coins are creating their own block chain and improving upon BTC protocol.

BTC clones are good if all you're looking for is P&D, but not if you can see the bigger picture of the concept behind Cryptos.

Agreed.

-j.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

I agree with you altcoin.center.

That's why my focus has been on 2nd generation Cryptos that bring innovation to the crypto scene.

Cryptos based off the BTC block chain have turned now into profit making manipulation machines by skilled traders.

Cryptocoins are for the betterment of society, this should not be treated like the stock market. Just look at where wall street has lead many people.

i think your perspective is actually a bit warped regarding trading. what we're seeing precisely in opal atm is the wallstreet style trading. buy early, wait for a rise, and then control the market with large sells and buys until someone buys u out. if noone comes to buy you out and you keep losing investors, the value falls. this is manipulation and it frustrates investors from returning to the market to reinvest.

the proper perspective however to note.. is that a skilled daytrader or rather a skilled group of daytraders, who never fail to sell higher than they bought, whilst still reinvesting all of their profits to keep the price afloat and push it further is proper organic trading without scheming tactics. the schemes are what turn investors off. suppressing the market to squeeze out investors who may have otherwise held over the longterm and contribute to market scarcity and price rise. day traders are a good force once they arent doing stupid things like selling at less than they bought in at. shovelling value up the chain into the psychology of the investors. by doing this repeatedly and reinvesting, the value goes up continually the floor value is raised as noone wants to sell below their last buy in point, nor buy in above their last sell point.

your perspective would be accurate if investors/daytraders were just taking profits and running. not reinvesting. that wasnt the case here. we were enjoying a solid organic growth cycle. this suppression tactic was predictably going to cast away investors. hence why i bailed high up. once the manipulation ends, ill begin shovelling some more shit.

You're talking from a strict investors point of view. Crypto coins is not a new company you are buying into, you're buying into tech that will be used as a new monetary system.

The BTC protocol is not being improved by simply forking and cloning a coin. Gen 2 coins are creating their own block chain and improving upon BTC protocol.

BTC clones are good if all you're looking for is P&D, but not if you can see the bigger picture of the concept behind Cryptos.

well i prefer to keep that view. for me it is a company, a community based company and each coin you buy is a share in investment into the product. so if i buy 1million coins i like to think of it as owning a 1/15 share. 14 more ppl like that and the value coild be $1000. of course, they wouldve had to not be too greedy in buying more than they can afford to do without longterm while they slowly sell at the top. what can i say, i would do things a different way. but as far as trading in cryptos goes and what generates value, i have a strong sense of that already. which is why i went all in opal when i found it. all in.. who does that? me, with a nose for good investment.
Activity: 728
Opal, SuperNET and You

Because I've gotten quite a few questions on the Opal side of the superNET, I'd like to explain it a bit better.

The superNET is a group of coins with a special (code) library called libjl777, which allows all the other superNET coins to collaborate and use eachothers features.  It's all about a unified group of the very best cryptos, working together on some really cool features.

What this means for Opal:

- Increased funding, which means increased development and services (Opal PayPal gateway within a month)
- Decentalized Exchange (We're working with Vericoin on a new multi gateway cluster)
- Expanded dev team (we're already talking too VRC about some cool projects)
- We're working with one of the most recognized devs in the crypto scene (Jl777) on a decentralized Internet project.
- Teleport, a BitcoinDark privacy feature, which is the most secure anonymous system in the crypto environment will be integrated into Opal and Opal projects.
-More

What this doesn't mean for Opal:

- Centralisation
- Our features being stolen.  We still have many projects that are Opal exclusive that reward investors

The superNET is extremely selective, and opals addition only validates our team and secures our future.  I know the price correction is scary, but the price might matter in a year, at this point development is key.  If you build it, they will come.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Yeah, I have been setting 9k - 20 k buy orders at between 37 - 34 and going to sleep.  Sometimes I get the orders sometimes I don't,  I have all the opal I can afford now.  This is the most promising coin I have ever seen.  And I wish the best to all in the community.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

That's why my focus has been on 2nd generation Cryptos that bring innovation to the crypto scene.

Cryptos based off the BTC block chain have turned now into profit making manipulation machines by skilled traders.

Cryptocoins are for the betterment of society, this should not be treated like the stock market. Just look at where wall street has lead many people.

i think your perspective is actually a bit warped regarding trading. what we're seeing precisely in opal atm is the wallstreet style trading. buy early, wait for a rise, and then control the market with large sells and buys until someone buys u out. if noone comes to buy you out and you keep losing investors, the value falls. this is manipulation and it frustrates investors from returning to the market to reinvest.

the proper perspective however to note.. is that a skilled daytrader or rather a skilled group of daytraders, who never fail to sell higher than they bought, whilst still reinvesting all of their profits to keep the price afloat and push it further is proper organic trading without scheming tactics. the schemes are what turn investors off. suppressing the market to squeeze out investors who may have otherwise held over the longterm and contribute to market scarcity and price rise. day traders are a good force once they arent doing stupid things like selling at less than they bought in at. shovelling value up the chain into the psychology of the investors. by doing this repeatedly and reinvesting, the value goes up continually the floor value is raised as noone wants to sell below their last buy in point, nor buy in above their last sell point.

your perspective would be accurate if investors/daytraders were just taking profits and running. not reinvesting. that wasnt the case here. we were enjoying a solid organic growth cycle. this suppression tactic was predictably going to cast away investors. hence why i bailed high up. once the manipulation ends, ill begin shovelling some more shit.

legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
I hedge on the way down, so if everyone else Hedges we will buy out their positions on the way down. There was lots of volume at the beginning so you have to roll with it until the coin is disbursed enough to many holders.

Activity: 462
why because ive been marketing opal from it's 3rd 700satoshi rise and bringing loads of new investors to the market. hopefully they all pulled out some decent profit i mean none of them were complaining and seemed happy. but may not be the best daytraders. why because nothing, and i mean nothing is a better marketing tool than a price rise and stability at that price rise. you could release 1000 new articles reaching new investors but confidence and value is what most people will be looking for. in short, there is no way for a guy to get laid atm saying he owns opalcoins LOL

I do understand your point.

the focus should always be on price. let's not kid ourselves. traders want a live market  and if they're skilled, investors would benefit from the price rises in their work. and everyone would be happy and keep recommending opal to friends. look what's happened to vrc and blackcoin. ppl are just fedup of the inconsistency. technology after technology but when you frustrate all your investors you can expect alot of them to bail and turn their backs for good in many instances. meaning ur losing out on marketcap.

The above paragraph clearly shows where the difference in our approach is, and thus why we see the whole situation in such a different way.

I do not agree that the focus should always be on price, which is because for me this is not about traders and markets. I take the whole crypto thing as the means to bring around a truly fair and honest means of exchange and commerce for everyone to use in everyday life. It may sound as if I was conflicting myself there but there's a big difference in where the focus lies. Yours appears to be in the currency markets, mine is in all other forms of commerce and exchange. For me currency is "just" a currency; a tool of exchange that should have as stable value as possible.

you want to release news now when we've sunk from position 50 in marketcap to 100 and you think that will be a selling point to new investors? anyone who wasnt paying attention and sees that may quicker rush to bail. u release more articles in uptrends, not when investors can see that horrible looking graph as it is atm a pump with a slow exit.

Again, we have completely different views in this whole matter. I'm not thinking about positions and investors - at all. I have nothing against your take either, my focus is just elsewhere which is why I do not spend much energy in the currency trading business in itself. What I am interested in is coming up with new ways of bringing long-term stability to the coin scene though, so I'm not completely disconnected of the matter of value either.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

you always have a lot to say, would have expected someone like you to be able to find out how things work by yourself Wink
Most people know what supernet and its advantages are, nobody besides a select few bought in hearing supernet, and not understanding what it is.

That's the problem, I did try to find things out by myself. But the more I was learning, the more I was having to discover.  SuperNET is actually quite complicated, a lot of moving parts.

When I saw the high interest in Opal (price jump), and then the dramatic drop afterwards, I know that's normal, but I was wondering if we were losing some people who did not understand what Opal really is all about.

We kept reading posts from people asking "what makes opal special". Yes, I know, people are lazy, but I'm not one of them.

The problem I was really seeing is that SuperNET wasn't explained to our community "from an Opal perspective", and it really should be..  

Even I was confused an immediately bought some BTCD figuring that was the key here, only to see lack of interest, and I got back out and re-bought Opal again.  

The point is, that while Opal's interest is garnering a lot of attention, we really need to use this forum to address questions.  What's the point of a forum if we just tell everyone to "go find out for yourself".  Talking openly and sharing information is good and key to the survival long term.

yeah people get cocky when their making alot of money. ask the guy with the pile of sell orders how he feels now after playing the fool on the 5k line. his investment is now worth half what it was and it's his own fault. now he cant even sell below 3500 satoshi it seem, stuck holding the bag and i have a good mind to leave him there.
why because ive been marketing opal from it's 3rd 700satoshi rise and bringing loads of new investors to the market. hopefully they all pulled out some decent profit i mean none of them were complaining and seemed happy. but may not be the best daytraders. why because nothing, and i mean nothing is a better marketing tool than a price rise and stability at that price rise. you could release 1000 new articles reaching new investors but confidence and value is what most people will be looking for. in short, there is no way for a guy to get laid atm saying he owns opalcoins LOL

I do understand your point.

the focus should always be on price. let's not kid ourselves. traders want a live market  and if they're skilled, investors would benefit from the price rises in their work. and everyone would be happy and keep recommending opal to friends. look what's happened to vrc and blackcoin. ppl are just fedup of the inconsistency. technology after technology but when you frustrate all your investors you can expect alot of them to bail and turn their backs for good in many instances. meaning ur losing out on marketcap.

The above paragraph clearly shows where the difference in our approach is, and thus why we see the whole situation in such a different way.

I do not agree that the focus should always be on price, which is because for me this is not about traders and markets. I take the whole crypto thing as the means to bring around a truly fair and honest means of exchange and commerce for everyone to use in everyday life. It may sound as if I was conflicting myself there but there's a big difference in where the focus lies. Yours appears to be in the currency markets, mine is in all other forms of commerce and exchange. For me currency is "just" a currency; a tool of exchange that should have as stable value as possible.

you want to release news now when we've sunk from position 50 in marketcap to 100 and you think that will be a selling point to new investors? anyone who wasnt paying attention and sees that may quicker rush to bail. u release more articles in uptrends, not when investors can see that horrible looking graph as it is atm a pump with a slow exit.

Again, we have completely different views in this whole matter. I'm not thinking about positions and investors - at all. I have nothing against your take either, my focus is just elsewhere which is why I do not spend much energy in the currency trading business in itself. What I am interested in is coming up with new ways of bringing long-term stability to the coin scene though, so I'm not completely disconnected of the matter of value either.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
you always have a lot to say, would have expected someone like you to be able to find out how things work by yourself Wink
Most people know what supernet and its advantages are, nobody besides a select few bought in hearing supernet, and not understanding what it is.

That's the problem, I did try to find things out by myself. But the more I was learning, the more I was having to discover.  SuperNET is actually quite complicated, a lot of moving parts.

When I saw the high interest in Opal (price jump), and then the dramatic drop afterwards, I know that's normal, but I was wondering if we were losing some people who did not understand what Opal really is all about.

We kept reading posts from people asking "what makes opal special". Yes, I know, people are lazy, but I'm not one of them.

The problem I was really seeing is that SuperNET wasn't explained to our community "from an Opal perspective", and it really should be..  

Even I was confused an immediately bought some BTCD figuring that was the key here, only to see lack of interest, and I got back out and re-bought Opal again.  

The point is, that while Opal's interest is garnering a lot of attention, we really need to use this forum to address questions.  What's the point of a forum if we just tell everyone to "go find out for yourself".  Talking openly and sharing information is good and key to the survival long term.

sorry but i beg to differ.

No need for aplologies. Wink

if not for that guy we'd have kept going up past 5k. that's where he started his driving game. now the lower we go the more risk of margins slowing down growth for the future, unless someone has like $1million dollars ready to invest in opal at opportune time. you guys not worried about price. ok. ive heard that before. but logically, the price rise we saw was enough for everyone to gain their roi and still keep alot of free coins. so thered be no reason imo for opal to go down to half it's peak. 5k couldve been the low.

I do understand your point. However, I also consider it problematic that the focus is so tightly in the price to begin with - especially since there's nothing concrete to which the price would be bound to, meaning it's all tactics, assumptions and speculation.

The way I see it, the value of a currency (any currency) has to actually be bound to something real. Things went wrong with dollar as well soon after it was disconnected from the gold backing.

but hey im not complaining. go as low as you want. let's go back to 1k since noone cares about price. looking forward to a buy in.

Should I be publishing a coin of my own, I would start by the assumption and even the specific wish that it would not be listed on any exchange for at least six-twelve months. The way I see it, the time for the buying and selling would be only after the tech part, the partnerships, the community and everything else has already been formed.

It is in fact quite possible that A.C will be publishing a currency of our own sometime in the near future. Should that happen, the whole point of the coin in question will be to provide a currency with concrete and stable value that can be used as a pillar-stone that other cryptos can use to achieve additional stability.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

ill await to see what opalteam can release to spur this market on again after what some will consider, abuse.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
FLAT OUT!!!
Like someone said earlier he bought drk at 85000, went back to 35000 or something like that within a day.
Look at where its at now  Wink Straight lines dont exist in crypto or stockmarkets for that matter.

Yeah but Drk was something,with all the cult over duffield... Sure we can do a cult over Bassguitar  Cheesy

But DRk come in a perfect momentum. Don't forget they don't get passed much time under 100k sat. A week or two on the early beggining of DRK. after they passed long moment between 150-250k....

I don't think its good going too low,like coinler say. its limited the future growth. And the jump in price now was totally justified,we have pass between 2 month of lethargic market without jump when dev working ass and finish 2 roadmap. So this dump doesn't need to go soo low,its was not overprice at all,we are severely undervalue again. We playing on the same ground of a shitty coin with this low Capitalisation and it limited the visibility .. !

i know the price is ridiculous atm lol , we should be floating steady around 8-10k sat to start of with and slow and gradual growth from there, time will tell.

stay patient as you will feed the whales that are reloading this moment, ive seen this before ie. a shakeout before the market really rallies upwards  Smiley
sorry but i beg to differ.

No need for aplologies. Wink

if not for that guy we'd have kept going up past 5k. that's where he started his driving game. now the lower we go the more risk of margins slowing down growth for the future, unless someone has like $1million dollars ready to invest in opal at opportune time. you guys not worried about price. ok. ive heard that before. but logically, the price rise we saw was enough for everyone to gain their roi and still keep alot of free coins. so thered be no reason imo for opal to go down to half it's peak. 5k couldve been the low.

I do understand your point. However, I also consider it problematic that the focus is so tightly in the price to begin with - especially since there's nothing concrete to which the price would be bound to, meaning it's all tactics, assumptions and speculation.

The way I see it, the value of a currency (any currency) has to actually be bound to something real. Things went wrong with dollar as well soon after it was disconnected from the gold backing.

but hey im not complaining. go as low as you want. let's go back to 1k since noone cares about price. looking forward to a buy in.

Should I be publishing a coin of my own, I would start by the assumption and even the specific wish that it would not be listed on any exchange for at least six-twelve months. The way I see it, the time for the buying and selling would be only after the tech part, the partnerships, the community and everything else has already been formed.

It is in fact quite possible that A.C will be publishing a currency of our own sometime in the near future. Should that happen, the whole point of the coin in question will be to provide a currency with concrete and stable value that can be used as a pillar-stone that other cryptos can use to achieve additional stability.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
legendary
Activity: 1988
Like someone said earlier he bought drk at 85000, went back to 35000 or something like that within a day.
Look at where its at now  Wink Straight lines dont exist in crypto or stockmarkets for that matter.

Yeah but Drk was something,with all the cult over duffield... Sure we can do a cult over Bassguitar  Cheesy

But DRk come in a perfect momentum. Don't forget they don't get passed much time under 100k sat. A week or two on the early beggining of DRK. after they passed long moment between 150-250k....

I don't think its good going too low,like coinler say. its limited the future growth. And the jump in price now was totally justified,we have pass between 2 month of lethargic market without jump when dev working ass and finish 2 roadmap. So this dump doesn't need to go soo low,its was not overprice at all,we are severely undervalue again. We playing on the same ground of a shitty coin with this low Capitalisation and it limited the visibility .. !
Activity: 271
sorry but i beg to differ. if not for that guy we'd have kept going up past 5k.

yep peak could have been 7,5 low 5k. good for distribution this though, but i would also rather see smart traders going at it.
Sorry for the little rant, but it pains me to see all the talk about price. Let get back to work building the community.

I agree. Expecting the price to remain high (or getting ever higher) is understandable but not a very well grounded aspect. The whole crypto scene is suffering from way too much energy going to just the short term price game. To build something sustainable, a much wider and more persistent perspective is needed.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

sorry but i beg to differ. if not for that guy we'd have kept going up past 5k. that's where he started his driving game. now the lower we go the more risk of margins slowing down growth for the future, unless someone has like $1million dollars ready to invest in opal at opportune time. you guys not worried about price. ok. ive heard that before. but logically, the price rise we saw was enough for everyone to gain their roi and still keep alot of free coins. so thered be no reason imo for opal to go down to half it's peak. 5k couldve been the low.

Activity: 702
Merit: 251
Look at where its at now  Wink Straight lines dont exist in crypto or stockmarkets for that matter.

legendary
Activity: 1988
@RCan06 Yep but for 2 month(sept-october) dev have done 2 roadmap in time without jump in price.We really deserve something better than 3k sat,this is still ridiculous !

This jump in price is just what they deserve for what they done.This is not so fabulous,I have seens this jump 2 month ago... They have announce superNET integration and opal drive and people look confuse now

My best advice is... BUY !  Smiley Because we won't stay at the same level of world trade found  Wink

Edit: I look the thread of World trade found and there's absolutly no feature,a 5 star pod for a 10mcoin give it a 5k price without feature,this is unbelievable how the market work loll !!!!! This made me crack up sometime ,  we deserve minimum 100k with all feature we have,all integration coming,big dev team working behind this coin !

Sorry for the little rant, but it pains me to see all the talk about price. Let get back to work building the community.

I agree. Expecting the price to remain high (or getting ever higher) is understandable but not a very well grounded aspect. The whole crypto scene is suffering from way too much energy going to just the short term price game. To build something sustainable, a much wider and more persistent perspective is needed.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Jump to: