Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 120. (Read 383407 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
Price will continue in downtrend without 'direction' I think.Because like someone said,people are confuse.

Devs have give roadmap,this is a great thing,but you didn't give any direction on what you do first and time require approx. I think this will be really appreciate and help the people on their decision.

BTW this is gonna be HUGE whn you know we are #93 on CMC. Who call alot of room to growth for a 15m coin ? we have MORE feature than any other coin close to opal on CMC,I bet we won't stay a this price. This is the best moment for accumulating  Wink
Activity: 325
Merit: 255
I was definitely dealing with bots trying to lower the price yesterday. I'd buy a sell order, and then within 1 second after being bought, that order would come back but 1 or 2 satoshi lower.

But like Truther said guys, can't get to discouraged. I know everyone wants to see OPAL rise, as do I, but I remember trading at 500sat only a couple weeks ago (if that). So a >6x increase in almost 2 weeks is pretty good. Obviously it should be higher, but it will get there in due time Smiley

Until then, I think the best to do is not fixate on price, and act like the market isn't everything. People weren't worried about price when it was 500 sat a few weeks ago, we shouldn't be to worried about >3000sat today. We know it's being manipulated down, and it's for future gain.

All of us who are here know where this coin is headed, so buy your stash and hang on for the long run Wink

Let us also discuss all of OPAL's great features!

Cheers
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

you always have a lot to say, would have expected someone like you to be able to find out how things work by yourself Wink
Most people know what supernet and its advantages are, nobody besides a select few bought in hearing supernet, and not understanding what it is.

And yes the 25k guy he is stagnating the whole market. such a clown scaring everybody off.

i dont know if he thinks he's clever. but he isnt. we need to get rid of him. if it's a bot we can trick it into a loss cycle. that'll teach him. im good for another 20k opal but not with that dude hovering the buy and sell side playing little miss mary. push up, buy his coin which should be selling at a loss now. let him buy in higher then push down and take it back from him at a loss. every time you place a bid it jumps in front of you while chasing down sell side. he's trying to control the margins. wish bittrex could just ban him we'd be back on track. i dont know but i dont think we have a choice but to let the market go down for a bit if only just to shake this guy.

Yeah its a bot calculating the margins and calculating his buys and sells. He pushed down so aggressively i dont know what his deal is. I can only imagine he sold a bunch and pushed hard to be able to buy enough back.
Bittrex doesnt ban guys like this unfortunately hehe, bittrex is infested with bots and get most of their vol from them. They love them..just like they love scam ico's Wink

I still am not that worried since there is so much technology backing opal, the same guy(s) will take opportunities like opal drive etc and pump it even higher on occasions, this will probably keep happening.
Let this guy ruin it for a bit at the moment. We are all watching.

what im picking up, he thought he could control the manipulation and push up and push down at whim. but now he's lower than buy in and panicking. i suspect all those sells are his. if we could drag him down a bit lower and then do a nice pump taking everything in one shot we might be able to shake him, then bail again when he places buy control over our heads again. wash rinse repeat till he has 0 btc lol
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
Damn,good job,we are now #93 on CMC

drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

you always have a lot to say, would have expected someone like you to be able to find out how things work by yourself Wink
Most people know what supernet and its advantages are, nobody besides a select few bought in hearing supernet, and not understanding what it is.

And yes the 25k guy he is stagnating the whole market. such a clown scaring everybody off.

i dont know if he thinks he's clever. but he isnt. we need to get rid of him. if it's a bot we can trick it into a loss cycle. that'll teach him. im good for another 20k opal but not with that dude hovering the buy and sell side playing little miss mary. push up, buy his coin which should be selling at a loss now. let him buy in higher then push down and take it back from him at a loss. every time you place a bid it jumps in front of you while chasing down sell side. he's trying to control the margins. wish bittrex could just ban him we'd be back on track. i dont know but i dont think we have a choice but to let the market go down for a bit if only just to shake this guy.

Yeah its a bot calculating the margins and calculating his buys and sells. He pushed down so aggressively i dont know what his deal is. I can only imagine he sold a bunch and pushed hard to be able to buy enough back.
Bittrex doesnt ban guys like this unfortunately hehe, bittrex is infested with bots and get most of their vol from them. They love them..just like they love scam ico's Wink

I still am not that worried since there is so much technology backing opal, the same guy(s) will take opportunities like opal drive etc and pump it even higher on occasions, this will probably keep happening.
Let this guy ruin it for a bit at the moment. We are all watching.
QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Time for another OPAL article, thanks to that lovely roadmap Smiley

Click here!

You are really on the ball hehe, since OPAL im almost exclusively reading articles on cryptoarticles and coindesk now.

And im with CECVW's comment, add OPAL to the diagram or give one of us the psd  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Time for another OPAL article, thanks to that lovely roadmap Smiley

Click here!
Activity: 782

Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Opal Dev
I understand that people can feel disheartened by the "price" of Opal. If I had 100tbc I would try to buy them all, but I don't, I buy what I can when I can afford it. I know watching the price can be dramatic and entertaining, but that's not really what Opal is all about. The exchange is just a place we individuals decide what price they want to buy and sell at, some buy because they see a promising future, others sell because they are recovering an investment or need funds for something else, and there are those who just want to suck the money out of any day trader they can find. Opal has no control over what happens on the market, we can try the be an influence, but our real aim is establishing a use for opal that has far more value then any exchange can offer. Usability is where the value of Opal lives. So, if you feel yourself stressing about the exchange price, the solution is simple... Withdraw your Opal of the exchange and into your wallet to get your 5% APR and stop looking at the exchange. Add what you can to the community, create something, talk to someone, or even just smile and say "This is gonna be big" and go about your daily life.

Sorry for the little rant, but it pains me to see all the talk about price. Let get back to work building the community.

Thanks for Listening.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

It appears investors are confused, probably why Opal dropped from >6k sats down to 3.7K now

The initial jump was due to the Opal Drive, and storj integration, which was easy enough to understand.

Then all of a sudden the SuperNET announcement came out, and people were buying without realizing what it is they were chasing.

Now that the excitement has calmed down, there are a lot of confused people (myself included).   Doing preliminary research, it appears if you buy UNITY it's better than buying OPAL, is that true?

What are the benefits of buying opal today? Will it preserve it's value? Will we be able to exchange it for UNITY or NXT?

Is there going to be a increase of people wanting Opal in the future once this mgmBTC thing starts working for asset transfers?

It's so confusing, and to be honest, the graphic doesn't help much.

What we need is a few sample case scenarios.

Ie: If you own Opal today, here's something that could expect in the future.   Your Opal could be a 15:1 ratio of Opal to UNITY, so buying UNITY now, doesn't make much sense, since Opal is POS and worth more.

That sort of thing.  I don't know.  Help?

nonesense, it's due to the idiot on bittrex orderbooks. i dont know if it's a bot. but he's just fucking up the market with his 25k orders. pulled all my orders wont trade with that. let him buy all the opal. he was driving down the price now he's trying to drive it up. if others are thinking what im thinking. noone wants to trade opal on bittrex atm. and personally a manipulated market is grounds for total abandonment in my books. sorry speaking plainly not fud.

Unfortunately on Bittrex, every coin gets pumped by some pump group then heavily dumped..and I am always the one buying on a high..but this is a decent coin so am holding, even though I bought at 5.5k
Activity: 172
An announcement was made yesterday
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
dev do you have any good news?

It appears investors are confused, probably why Opal dropped from >6k sats down to 3.7K now

The initial jump was due to the Opal Drive, and storj integration, which was easy enough to understand.

Then all of a sudden the SuperNET announcement came out, and people were buying without realizing what it is they were chasing.

Now that the excitement has calmed down, there are a lot of confused people (myself included).   Doing preliminary research, it appears if you buy UNITY it's better than buying OPAL, is that true?

What are the benefits of buying opal today? Will it preserve it's value? Will we be able to exchange it for UNITY or NXT?

Is there going to be a increase of people wanting Opal in the future once this mgmBTC thing starts working for asset transfers?

Ie: If you own Opal today, here's something that could expect in the future.   Your Opal could be a 15:1 ratio of Opal to UNITY, so buying UNITY now, doesn't make much sense, since Opal is POS and worth more.

nonesense, it's due to the idiot on bittrex orderbooks. i dont know if it's a bot. but he's just fucking up the market with his 25k orders. pulled all my orders wont trade with that. let him buy all the opal. he was driving down the price now he's trying to drive it up. if others are thinking what im thinking. noone wants to trade opal on bittrex atm. and personally a manipulated market is grounds for total abandonment in my books. sorry speaking plainly not fud.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

Now that the excitement has calmed down, there are a lot of confused people (myself included).   Doing preliminary research, it appears if you buy UNITY it's better than buying OPAL, is that true?

Ie: If you own Opal today, here's something that could expect in the future.   Your Opal could be a 15:1 ratio of Opal to UNITY, so buying UNITY now, doesn't make much sense, since Opal is POS and worth more.

That sort of thing.  I don't know.  Help?

UNITY is totally different than OPAL, it is not a coin it is an asset. Cant really compare them directly.

It is a lot more diversified and so it will be more stable in price. OPAL is a lot more concentrated and also with its current mini-marketcap much easier for it to go up a lot more than SuperNET/UNITY.

one analogy is that supernet to a coin is like the internet to a website.
So how a website does versus how the network itself does are not the same at all.

OPAL is plugging into SuperNET and its very active dev team will be one of the first coins to actualize the power of SuperNET. Think of SuperNET as the raw components and OPAL as the thing that puts it all together.

I guess from a stock market view it would be like a mutual fund vs a specific company. SuperNET would reflect more how the overall industry is doing, while OPAL is specific to OPAL.

James

P.S. I am confused why you think OPAL is down, when it is 5x what it was a week ago. In most cases, this is quite a good gain. After spiking up due to supply/demand imbalance, it is natural for a consolidation.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Now that the excitement has calmed down, there are a lot of confused people (myself included).   Doing preliminary research, it appears if you buy UNITY it's better than buying OPAL, is that true?

Ie: If you own Opal today, here's something that could expect in the future.   Your Opal could be a 15:1 ratio of Opal to UNITY, so buying UNITY now, doesn't make much sense, since Opal is POS and worth more.

That sort of thing.  I don't know.  Help?

You are probably not alone in this boat. I just want to see a marketplace for Opal (with actual products-gift cards at the least).  While others are probably looking for the exact answers you crave. We will see.
Activity: 214

Ie: If you own Opal today, here's something that could expect in the future.   Your Opal could be a 15:1 ratio of Opal to UNITY, so buying UNITY now, doesn't make much sense, since Opal is POS and worth more. (bad example)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Hey James,

Who's responsible for finishing that graphic? You might ask them to clean it up a bit, like the "some text", "some stuff". I know it's a work in progress but a lot of people are looking at it.

PS congrats on adding OPAL. It looks like a promising coin.
Activity: 467
Merit: 251
Activity: 209
Opal Dev
Hi OPAL community and welcome to SuperNET Smiley

If you want your news and updates featured in the SuperNET Newsletters, give a shout in the #announcement channel in SuperNET Slack.

Thanks!

SN Newsletter #9 is published tomorrow, you're of course mentioned right at the top. Archive: http://nxter.org/category/supernet-newsletters/
Thanks Fantastic, I look forward to reading it!
Jump to: