Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 118. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
for the layman out there. What is so good about superNET??
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

P.S. It seems the OPAL price spike attracted the "Wally bot", my name for the bot that is intentionally pushing the price down. It is operating across all the major altcoins and is funded by thousands of BTC. Not sure how profitable it is, nor what its motives are (might not be profits), but the fact that Wally bot is running on OPAL means OPAL has arrived!

well i nipped the bugger at 2800 for 10k to reduce his pushing power lol it seemed to set him back a bit but he recovered within an hr. i think someone sold to him on the low. so he won.. that round *grumbles*  Cheesy
The bot seems to be human directed and changes its targets every once in a while
after a period of pushing down, it flips and then banks some profits.
I think once OPAL started trading on cryptsy, it created dual markets and that is how it funds its daily operations.

eg. push down price on one exchange, arbitrage on the other. Then it picks the weaker orderbook to push, rinse, repeat.

So, anytime any coin goes up a lot, it pushes down, then reverses and pushes up, etc. I have heard that some have figure out how to beat the bot and are making some steady gains taking advantage of its patterns.

James

it's a bot of course there will be patterns. yeah he seems to be playing cryptsy now too. got my own system in play, ill work around him for now lol.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Also, to clarify SuperNET's position on OPAL holdings. We have around 10% and will be keeping it long term.

James
legendary

P.S. It seems the OPAL price spike attracted the "Wally bot", my name for the bot that is intentionally pushing the price down. It is operating across all the major altcoins and is funded by thousands of BTC. Not sure how profitable it is, nor what its motives are (might not be profits), but the fact that Wally bot is running on OPAL means OPAL has arrived!

well i nipped the bugger at 2800 for 10k to reduce his pushing power lol it seemed to set him back a bit but he recovered within an hr. i think someone sold to him on the low. so he won.. that round *grumbles*  Cheesy
The bot seems to be human directed and changes its targets every once in a while
after a period of pushing down, it flips and then banks some profits.
I think once OPAL started trading on cryptsy, it created dual markets and that is how it funds its daily operations.

eg. push down price on one exchange, arbitrage on the other. Then it picks the weaker orderbook to push, rinse, repeat.

So, anytime any coin goes up a lot, it pushes down, then reverses and pushes up, etc. I have heard that some have figure out how to beat the bot and are making some steady gains taking advantage of its patterns.

James

Activity: 325
Merit: 255
Activity: 728
Is what I've said correct?

Yes, completely correct.

Wow, I just got goosebumps. It's actually designed very well, and makes a lot of sense now.

Translation to those watching:

Buy up your Opal. In my opinion it is only going to get better as our strong dev team turns into an even stronger dev team on steroids which brings more value to Opal. We can to use that stored Opal wealth with the rest of the SuperNET.

yes
[...] SuperNET will magnify the best coins.

Yes, I believe it will.  I do like the term "magnify".

Opal for the win. Smiley

Cheesy
Activity: 214
Merit: 100

Yes, completely correct.

Wow, I just got goosebumps. It's actually designed very well, and makes a lot of sense now.

Translation to those watching:

Buy up your Opal. In my opinion it is only going to get better as our strong dev team turns into an even stronger dev team on steroids which brings more value to Opal. We can to use that stored Opal wealth with the rest of the SuperNET.

yes
[...] SuperNET will magnify the best coins.

Yes, I believe it will.  I do like the term "magnify".

Opal for the win. Smiley
legendary
Opal, SuperNET and You
Because I've gotten quite a few questions on the Opal side of the superNET, I'd like to explain it a bit better.

[..]

What this means for Opal:

- Increased funding, which means increased development and services (Opal PayPal gateway within a month)
- Decentalized Exchange (We're working with Vericoin on a new multi gateway cluster)
- Expanded dev team (we're already talking too VRC about some cool projects)
- We're working with one of the most recognized devs in the crypto scene (Jl777) on a decentralized Internet project.
- Teleport, a BitcoinDark privacy feature, which is the most secure anonymous system in the crypto environment will be integrated into Opal and Opal projects.

So an example might be:

A Vericoin user wants to store some files on Opal Drive.  He exchanges some of his Vericoin via the SuperNET gateway to buy some Opal Drive resources by obtaining some Opal for the purchase.

This in turn creates demand for Opal, and Opal's Opal Drive feature is used.

Conversely, an Opal user wants to use VeriSMS to send some coins via SMS to a cellphone.  They exchange some value of Opal into Vericoin, and then use the VeriSMS feature to make that possible.

This in turn creates demand for Vericoin and Vericoin's VeriSMS feature is used.

Finally, the concept of SuperNET is that it ties all of these coins and features together in one unified space, so it does not matter which side of the coin market you buy into, you can always exchange your coin's value for features that exist in a partner coin.  The only difference is, that certain coins, with better features might have higher or lower value, depending on what they bring to the SuperNET.

The advantage from traditional trading, is you won't need multiple separate wallets for these transactions to occur.  You won't need transfer money to centralized exchanges to in order to buy another coin while you're trying to use a feature. Instead, everything will happen from a SuperNET client.

The benefits for engaging in SuperNET for these coins are:

- devs share programming resources
- it avoids duplication. Best implementation of a feature is adopted
- devs share in SuperNET profits which encourages them to participate

yes
further, by having a single aggregated platform, it dramatically lowers the cost of getting new users and ultimately this is what is needed for the big marketcaps.

Another analogy is a shopping mall. Maybe someone doesnt even know about a specific store, but they know they can find whatever they want if they go to the shopping mall. So SuperNET will have this stream of "casual shoppers", who will gravitate to the best coins. In this way, SuperNET will magnify the best coins.

The progress on the unified GUI is ongoing and our goal is to create a seamless user experience where all the complex things are happening under the hood. The coins with the most valuable features will get the most usage and hence the most users and the biggest share of the revenue split, not to mention the natural reaction of people who use a coin is to buy that coin.

Also, the revenue share is something that goes to the coin's community to be used as the community sees best. Maybe it is to get more devs, maybe it is for marketing, maybe it is... How can SuperNET decide this? It is a decision for each coin community to make. Now dont get too excited, the timeframe for this is not measured in days, or even weeks, but more like months. Doing something nobody has ever done before takes a bit more time than cutting and pasting.

James

Opal, SuperNET and You
Because I've gotten quite a few questions on the Opal side of the superNET, I'd like to explain it a bit better.

[..]

- Increased funding, which means increased development and services (Opal PayPal gateway within a month)
- Decentalized Exchange (We're working with Vericoin on a new multi gateway cluster)
- We're working with one of the most recognized devs in the crypto scene (Jl777) on a decentralized Internet project.
- Teleport, a BitcoinDark privacy feature, which is the most secure anonymous system in the crypto environment will be integrated into Opal and Opal projects.

So an example might be:

A Vericoin user wants to store some files on Opal Drive.  He exchanges some of his Vericoin via the SuperNET gateway to buy some Opal Drive resources by obtaining some Opal for the purchase.

Conversely, an Opal user wants to use VeriSMS to send some coins via SMS to a cellphone.  They exchange some value of Opal into Vericoin, and then use the VeriSMS feature to make that possible.

This in turn creates demand for Vericoin and Vericoin's VeriSMS feature is used.

Finally, the concept of SuperNET is that it ties all of these coins and features together in one unified space, so it does not matter which side of the coin market you buy into, you can always exchange your coin's value for features that exist in a partner coin.  The only difference is, that certain coins, with better features might have higher or lower value, depending on what they bring to the SuperNET.

The advantage from traditional trading, is you won't need multiple separate wallets for these transactions to occur.  You won't need transfer money to centralized exchanges to in order to buy another coin while you're trying to use a feature. Instead, everything will happen from a SuperNET client.

Yes, completely correct.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
Opal, SuperNET and You

[..]

So an example might be:

And how can F2C have this perfect and steady value growth and not Opal?

I means,what difference?

I see 50% premine of a 100mcoin,no pod,no feature...

Like... Seriously ? And no one dips in price this is unbelievable.

LOL yeah i missed f2c too. price held at 80k and i was sure it would drop. it doubled lol
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
And how can F2C have this perfect and steady value growth and not Opal?

I means,what difference?

I see 50% premine of a 100mcoin,no pod,no feature...

Like... Seriously ? And no one dips in price this is unbelievable.
i like your perspective, yes it is a fun game, but all in all im just commenting towards my perspective of seeing what everyone wants to see... price rises and the support of a coin and dev taking the value of his stocks as high as they can stably hold. i mean, what better marketing initiative can there be than a coin that makes a solid steady rise of unmanipulated true organic growth. for me nothing is more attractive. i mean go 10x, and 10% of your stock becomes roi. meaning you still have 90% in essentially free coins. taking out roi and leaving room for growth will pay off naturally over the longer term. no need for this wallstreet trading tricks crap. some people watch too much tv lol

Yes completely true as well. A steady rise would be ideal for everyone, and the amount of manipulation by individuals is often too much (such is life in unregulated markets with many small fish and a handful of big whales). Thankfully I did as you said, and made my ROI on OPAL and still managed to buy back and increase my initial amount. This rise has treated me very well so far, so I may not be as frustrated as others in that regard. But I am equally as frustrated as you, that the coin is not getting the recognition in price that it deserves right now. Of course I think it should be 10k sat and more; this current value is ludicrous, and becoming more so  Angry

I don't know really how possible organic growth is in crypto anymore. It seems once a coins starts showing organic growth, someone or some group swoops in to create a buying frenzy from that. Unless a coin can fly under the radar long enough, it seems there will always be some group that will get in evolved.
The next few days will show our direction, and we should hopefully correct once this pressure is gone. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I'm excited because I still do think this is the start of something bigger.

After spending a little bit of time watching the markets though, it does appear like someone is buying and selling their own orders. Very similar coin amounts being bought then sold in chunks in the few tens of thousands. It's also creating a rise in volume, maybe a tactic as well. Time will tell Smiley

Edit: Also becoming very obvious someones 'bot' is putting in many many small buy orders very close together to make it appear like the top buy 50 orders are thin right now. Ha...
(80sat diff in first 50 buy orders at time of posting lol)
i like your perspective, yes it is a fun game, but all in all im just commenting towards my perspective of seeing what everyone wants to see... price rises and the support of a coin and dev taking the value of his stocks as high as they can stably hold. i mean, what better marketing initiative can there be than a coin that makes a solid steady rise of unmanipulated true organic growth. for me nothing is more attractive. i mean go 10x, and 10% of your stock becomes roi. meaning you still have 90% in essentially free coins. taking out roi and leaving room for growth will pay off naturally over the longer term. no need for this wallstreet trading tricks crap. some people watch too much tv lol
Hey guys,

I'm definitely enjoying the active thread, and some great back and forth points. Smiley
I think many of us are of-course 'nervous' about the price, and that's totally expected. Especially for those people who bought in >4-5k sat right now. To say we don't feel bad when stocks fall would be lying, just like saying we don't feel better when they rise.
I also believe may of us here hate when we misjudge or miss opportunity to increase our holdings. I sold a little bit of OPAL at 6k sat to make back ROI (bought most at 500sat), and bought back a few thousand more @ 4.7k as well thinking that would be low, but I misjudged.
I think our different perspectives can also be based on how fortunate we were when we bought in as well, or how we played the rises and dips on the way up. Smiley

I do agree crypto must be more then short term price, but as Coinler mentions, these 'market games' do irritate many of us (myself included). Yes we are all here to try and make a profit, but also we support and see the future in the crypto scene in general (at least most of us should!). We may very well be looking back at this 3-4 weeks from now at new ATH and thinking "ha, remember when OPAL dipped down to 2.7k sat after the first rise, what a missed opportunity for more gain." But in real time it's never that simple, and we can't help but feel a little discouraged.

I like to look back at many coins and stocks history, and many times you will notice a relatively small initial rise, followed by a fall-back close (but never all the way) back to the pre-rise value, then a much larger rise occurs until the bubble. Seems pretty common, as investors want to manipulate their way in before the 'bubble'. Maybe that's happening here, maybe it's not, but there are some very good reasons why investors would want more OPAL at a cheaper price. Wink

We do know that no matter what the price of OPAL is the developers have great plans for the future. OPAL will have a future regardless of short term price, and as long as we are relevant, investors who took a break will be back. With crypto there is much manipulation of prices, but if OPAL keeps attracting the general users, and its user base grows, the price will have no choice but to climb (supply and demand).

Of course, this is the crypto 'game'. Rampant with annoying bots driving investors crazy, market manipulation, and wild swings up and down. Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel as much as these markets drive me insane sometimes, they also keep me hooked, and is perhaps one of the reasons I enjoy crypto so much. It's the wild wild west of stocks.

Sorry for wall of text, but I enjoy contributing to our community discussions.
Cheers Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
The marketcap of this coin is so small. The price will for sure rise up a lot from where it is right now. I'm not sure when it'll happen though.
anyway, ill leave off by saying, if you're really believing that tech alone will attract investors you got another thing coming. blackcoin is a perfect example. major projects, lowest price since it picked up from 400 satoshi. you really want to bring investors into crypto, you need to produce price stability, or crypto will never be taken very very seriously. the ridiculous fluctuations basically speak of what faith ppl have in the product. and merchants as well as major investors, longterm investors arent just going to sit around while the price drops holding the bag. this is crypto, too much can happen. do i regret bailing at 48k? lets just look at the market and ask that question again. i can buy twice amount of opal now. or i could just buy back my stock for half price off? LOL

whatever, i can play this game whichever way it swings. i just thought you guys wouldve rather been sitting on 17k now than 3.
Time for another OPAL article, thanks to that lovely roadmap Smiley

Click here!

You are really on the ball hehe, since OPAL im almost exclusively reading articles on cryptoarticles and coindesk now.

And im with CECVW's comment, add OPAL to the diagram or give one of us the psd  Cheesy
thomasveil (https://nxtforum.org/index.php?action=profile;u=556) did the graphic, I will ask him to update, but if others asked too, it could spur him to faster action

James

Thanks!
legendary
Time for another OPAL article, thanks to that lovely roadmap Smiley

Click here!

You are really on the ball hehe, since OPAL im almost exclusively reading articles on cryptoarticles and coindesk now.

And im with CECVW's comment, add OPAL to the diagram or give one of us the psd  Cheesy
thomasveil (https://nxtforum.org/index.php?action=profile;u=556) did the graphic, I will ask him to update, but if others asked too, it could spur him to faster action

James
Jump to: