Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 128. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I'm gonna stick my nose in here and make a little point about forum community relations and FUD:

If someone asks a question (or 10 questions) , then the best thing to do is just to give a straightforward answer BEFORE you start hassling the questioner and shouting FUD.
With L&F, for example, he might be too lazy to read the whole thread but providing him a good answer won't cost anything but time.
Never forget, by the way,  that a lot of people just lurk and read rather than posting on the forum, so a good answer to one guy may be read by many others........

Don't start screaming FUD until it really is FUD, nasty questions don't count. If you can't answer the nasty questions.......u have a problem.

(and this, btw, is one of the reasons BlockNet annoys the f*** out of me)

Good point, thanks for the input
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
thrasher.
So beyond wallet modifications, what is the development team doing? A lot of the changes (messaging, IP anonymity, bittrex desktop client, etc) all could have been applied to a wallet that would work for any crytpocurrency since they don't require changes to the underlying protocol. If the primary development is just improving the existing sStoshi wallet then why create a redundant blockchain and not create a better wallet for all cryptocurrencies? Am I missing something?
There is a development regarding a new generation of wallet tech in the upcoming "full 6 month road map", which will be posted sometime tomorrow morning or sooner.

What do you mean by new generation of wallet tech? Would these changes have affects on the underlying cryptocurrency protocol? None of the changes made so far have been changes to the protocol, they have been changes to the wallet which means they could be applied to any cryptocoin. If the development is focused around wallet development then why create a new blockchain? Why not just design wallets for existing cryptocurrency and benefit the entire cryptocurrency community?

Edit: Sorry made my reply before the other response, reviewing that now.

Good questions, and the answer has multiple parts:

1. improvement is from multiple angles, Opal market is Opal exclusive and 10000 lines of make from scratch code.

2. Politics: Bitcoin takes much too long to develop for a multitude of reasons (including the fact that the user base is giant).  Using a smaller coin is better for innovation, as there aren't weights holding us down. Maybe one day opacity will become a part of bitcoin.

3. There is no coin agnostic Satoshi client, so we must develop on one coin.  We believe Opal is a great candidate because of it's users.  We're open to collaboration, and supernet helps us help crypto as a whole.

Good question, but all development must start somewhere,'so we made opal

~Whit

1. Okay again, you don't need to have your own blockchain to create a market. These could be abstracted on top of any existing protocol, if you are requiring protocol changes to make a decentralized market they are unnecessary. In essence it would just be another wallet feature that could be applied to any cryptocurrency.

2. What politics? Bitcoin Core is an example for the protocol, you can make a wallet over this protocol that can do everything described independently of the core development team. This wallet would likely work for any cryptocurrency, which would empower the entire community.

3. You are incorrect, you do not need to develop a new coin for these features to be built into a cryptocurrency client (wallet). What this team is doing is essentially the same as forking Bittorrent protocol to build a new bittorrent client, its unnecessary and counterproductive. You are confusing the wallet for the protocol, a cryptocurrency is not defined by a wallet (the client), it is defined by the underlying protocol. All these features could be built into a client that would work on any existing coin, they are not unique to opal.

Activity: 728
So beyond wallet modifications, what is the development team doing? A lot of the changes (messaging, IP anonymity, bittrex desktop client, etc) all could have been applied to a wallet that would work for any crytpocurrency since they don't require changes to the underlying protocol. If the primary development is just improving the existing sStoshi wallet then why create a redundant blockchain and not create a better wallet for all cryptocurrencies? Am I missing something?

Good questions, and the answer has multiple parts:

1. improvement is from multiple angles, Opal market is Opal exclusive and 10000 lines of make from scratch code.

2. Politics: Bitcoin takes much too long to develop for a multitude of reasons (including the fact that the user base is giant).  Using a smaller coin is better for innovation, as there aren't weights holding us down. Maybe one day opacity will become a part of bitcoin.

3. There is no coin agnostic Satoshi client, so we must develop on one coin.  We believe Opal is a great candidate because of it's users.  We're open to collaboration, and supernet helps us help crypto as a whole.

Good question, but all development must start somewhere,'so we made opal

~Whit
RJX
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Can someone tell me what to expect when mining x11 @o-pool @2.5mh?

When can I expect a transaction?

Thanks

anyone?

It varies, depending on the coin currently being mined - some blocks take longer to be found etc - plus a few other factors such as transfer confirmation times.

How long have you been mining for? With 2.5 MH/s I'd expect it to be at least a few hours before the first payout.

Hey thanks, now I get it. Been mining since noonish I guess, maybe 5-6 hours in total.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
I'm gonna stick my nose in here and make a little point about forum community relations and FUD:

If someone asks a question (or 10 questions) , then the best thing to do is just to give a straightforward answer BEFORE you start hassling the questioner and shouting FUD.
With L&F, for example, he might be too lazy to read the whole thread but providing him a good answer won't cost anything but time.
Never forget, by the way,  that a lot of people just lurk and read rather than posting on the forum, so a good answer to one guy may be read by many others........

Don't start screaming FUD until it really is FUD, nasty questions don't count. If you can't answer the nasty questions.......u have a problem.

(and this, btw, is one of the reasons BlockNet annoys the f*** out of me)
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Opal Dev
There is a development regarding a new generation of wallet tech in the upcoming "full 6 month road map", which will be posted sometime tomorrow morning or sooner.
Activity: 308
thrasher.
Activity: 574
Merit: 504

Thanks

anyone?

It varies, depending on the coin currently being mined - some blocks take longer to be found etc - plus a few other factors such as transfer confirmation times.

How long have you been mining for? With 2.5 MH/s I'd expect it to be at least a few hours before the first payout.
RJX
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

Thanks

anyone?
Activity: 325
Merit: 255
Having been following and investing in OPAL for over a month now, I can echo those who say it is rising because of all the hard work and progress that has been made.

Devs have followed though with the first road maps, and even gave us plenty of extra unannounced goodies and features along the way. They are excellent communicators, and there is almost always a Dev to talk to directly in the IRC chat (which I have found rare for a lot of coins).
It's clear they put a lot of effort into their work and take pride in it, and they stand by what they release. There is a reason OPAL has been accepted into SuperNet, and it isn't because JL777 saw OPAL as a p&d coin...

When I first head about OPAL: I check out the website pretty thoroughly, read the road maps, read the white papers that had been released back then, read the forum (was only ~15-20 pages back then), and saw more then one active dev posting, generally chatting with, and also accepting feedback from the community.  It's hard to find coins that are this genuine, but it takes a bit of time to study enough to feel very confident in your investment.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Opal Dev
Since the post reply is getting so long and you are NOT willing to read
even the last 10 days of posts or even skim through to get the relevant information.

I'll help you out by listing some things here.

"We need devs to focus on improving Bitcoin, not cloning it.  This only hurts the crypto community."

1. Transactions faster then bitcoin.

2. Lower coin volume

3. Anon messaging

4. Anon Transactions

5. Opal Marketplace (beta)

6. Developing Anon File Transfer and storage

7. Developing (undisclosed Android app)

8. Developing (Undisclosed Lite Wallet)

There is quite a bit more,
but I feel this is enough information to share
with those who don't want to be bothered with reading.

Hope I'm not being to harsh,
but you can read this whole tread in less then 30 mins (it not like its 600 pages.)
Spending an hour or 2 researching is wise to do before investing in anything.

Hope this Helps.
Activity: 532
LemonAndFries, you kind of sound like a fuddster.  As etoque pointed out, there are many features in the works for Opal.  If you don't want to read the thread, you need to take a minute and look at the OP/ANN.  Its a pretty good summary.  Here's a quick copy and paste from the ANN.  We have all this plus everything that supernet brings to the table.

Just noticed this is a dead link!  Devs can you please correct the link for this.  Thanks!

RELEASED:

-OPACITY+ Anon Encryption Suite
-Opaque Addresses (Anonymous Transactions)
-Opacity Encrypted Messaging
-OPAL-EX,  Trade on Bittrex from within qt
-O-POOL (Multipool)
-Android Wallet

IN PROGRESS:

- OPAL Market, back-end near completion, work on front-end started
  - coded from scratch
  - WHITEPAPER will follow
  - Working beta released
- Decentralized anonymous File-Sharing, OPAL DRIVE, whitepaper released
- HTML 5 Wallet. full redesign

The Opal market is still rough but for me, this is the biggest excitement for Opal.  A digital goods marketplace provides this coin and community with a huge real world application.  If done right, the digital marketplace can generate millions of dollars in business (market support).  This would rocket opal to one of the top 5 coins.  When I say done right i mean compete against a group of sites on the Envato marketplace (themeforest, activeden, codecanyon).  As a wordpress developer, I could benefit greatly from the Opal marketplace.  

Its too early to say for sure where it goes but for me the risk vs reward is too great.
What new features does OPAL offer?

I don't understand why it's being pumped, just because it was listed on SuperNET?

I want more info on this, it seems like every other coin that is a P&D.

Devs are really starting to get rich off these quick schemes.

I'm sure many like me are tired of the same promises everyone makes.

Sigh. Read the thread.

I'm not about to go through 70 + pages of mostly discussion of nothing.

How about being a good community and summarizing it for new people looking into it.

Otherwise I will assume this coin has nothing new and its just another hype coin for P&D.

Usually when the coin is legitimate, the community is very helpful.  When it's P&D, community avoids questions and it's all "buy! buy! don't ask about the details just buy into it!"

Yes, you are right. It's sometimes hard to distinguish between FUD and actual interest.

But... if you did read through the thread you would see that everything surrounding Opal is pretty much devoid of "hype" and typical P&D red flags.

The truth is, the coin has gone pretty much unnoticed for months by a large percentage of the crypto community. Because of that the price was WAY below where it should really have been. This isn't so much a pump, it's more a case of the coin realizing the value it should have achieved weeks/months ago.

Best answer so far.

Still, these coins all follow the same path as the other ones.

They will go up, dev gets rich and then comes down.

Very few coins are trying to improve upon Bitcoin with Gen. 2 tech.

I don't see anything new here but another clone off Bitcoin for devs to get rich off of.

This is what I'm talking about, everyone is tired of the same clone coins.  We need devs to focus on improving Bitcoin, not cloning it.  This only hurts the crypto community.

You don't see anything new here because you've not read the thread. It seems like you want to be spoon-fed profits.

A lot of people have made a lot of money from Opal already, not the devs but the users. The ones that have made the most (potentially) were the ones who followed the progress from day one. They did their research and it paid off. You come into the thread after you see the high price rise and ask for a quick summary to see if you can also make a quick buck. That's what it seems like from my point of view anyway.

If you are interested in investing then read up on what Opal has done, and will be doing in the future. Opal is still a young coin but the ideas we are implementing is new tech. It takes time but the devs are working on it daily.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
Give more criticism and explain, may you ?

YOu come with nothing.

Sorry, Its a solid coin Smiley

Again,you want understand nothing,and its your concern now.
Activity: 462

I don't understand why it's being pumped, just because it was listed on SuperNET?

Sigh. Read the thread.

How about being a good community and summarizing it for new people looking into it.

Otherwise I will assume this coin has nothing new and its just another hype coin for P&D.

Usually when the coin is legitimate, the community is very helpful.  When it's P&D, community avoids questions and it's all "buy! buy! don't ask about the details just buy into it!"

Yes, you are right. It's sometimes hard to distinguish between FUD and actual interest.

But... if you did read through the thread you would see that everything surrounding Opal is pretty much devoid of "hype" and typical P&D red flags.

The truth is, the coin has gone pretty much unnoticed for months by a large percentage of the crypto community. Because of that the price was WAY below where it should really have been. This isn't so much a pump, it's more a case of the coin realizing the value it should have achieved weeks/months ago.

Best answer so far.

I don't see anything new here but another clone off Bitcoin for devs to get rich off of.

This is what I'm talking about, everyone is tired of the same clone coins.  We need devs to focus on improving Bitcoin, not cloning it.  This only hurts the crypto community.

We are improving with opal Drive,Storj anonymity,telepathie and teleport from SuperNET,many more thing to come,at least,I think you really want understand nothing !

You're a fuder.

Well join the rest of the other coins that have promised the same thing.

The community behind this coin has made it obvious to me and driven me away from touching this coin.  Not a good way of handling inquiries.

Sigh. Read the thread.

Best answer so far.

This is what I'm talking about, everyone is tired of the same clone coins.  We need devs to focus on improving Bitcoin, not cloning it.  This only hurts the crypto community.
Now you're fudding, no doubt in my mind. ignored

By bringing up legitimate points?

It's obvious what this coin's community is about.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000

Sigh. Read the thread.

Best answer so far.

We are improving with opal Drive,Storj anonymity,telepathie and teleport from SuperNET,many more thing to come,at least,I think you really want understand nothing !

You're a fuder.

You pratically attack dev seeing its a scam without proff. Come here and talk like you are very important, we have anwser to you and you want understand nothing.
Activity: 378

Sigh. Read the thread.

Best answer so far.

This is what I'm talking about, everyone is tired of the same clone coins.  We need devs to focus on improving Bitcoin, not cloning it.  This only hurts the crypto community.
Now you're fudding, no doubt in my mind. ignored

Sigh. Read the thread.

Best answer so far.

Sigh. Read the thread.

Jump to: