Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 127. (Read 383407 times)

QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
could someone explain the teleport privacy tech ?

would this in theory be the most secure anon technology?

http://nxter.org/a-closer-look-at-teleport/

The article is really good, and yes, by far most secure

Thank you.

that is really something amazing.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
I think 20,000 sat is possible over the next few weeks.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
gains slid from over 112% to 50% intraday but still very good and holding

sell off has started.. but due to supernet and possibility of DRM I am holding steady

also there is nothing more important than content.. hold that in mind
as we move forward in time coinmarketcap stops taking into chart information from over 24 hours ago.. Sell hasn't started, we are still above strong support and still above the high of the previous run up to 5500sats or something.. This is just a regular correction.. I get the fealing there is another run up tonight and who knows what will happen when the road map is released.. So it ain't over I don't think..

Use the full view on CMC:
http://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/
Gives a much better feel for how a currency is performing in the market.

I'm pretty sure that Opal will be climbing for a while yet....

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
as envisioned pullback has no strength up again
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

http://nxter.org/a-closer-look-at-teleport/

The article is really good, and yes, by far most secure
QFT
Activity: 476

Activity: 728
Hi, just discovered OPAL as I'm a holder of SuperNET, BTCD & NXT from a while back.  Liked what I saw so I bought in.
Most of what I have is on TREX right now but would like to try out the trading functionality within the Qt wallet.  Read the OP but couldn't find any info on how to setup the keys.  Can anyone point to the post where this was discussed?

TIA

https://bittrex.com/Account/ManageApiKey
legendary
was so tempted to sell to perform a buyback but it soooo hard to get onto supernet.. not worth the risk

volume which is < 100K of although at 8 mil POW of OPAL is strong.. does not indicate "pullback" there others holding more than that and holding.. lets see.. this is actually fun

BTC volume off the peak is less than 3 to 5 BTC... this is nothing on the grand scheme of things, folks might be attempting buy backs.. for me too much of the risk

actually that reminds to check storj.. situation as they are merging forces into one under the supernet umbrella, brb
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Hi, just discovered OPAL as I'm a holder of SuperNET, BTCD & NXT from a while back.  Liked what I saw so I bought in.
Most of what I have is on TREX right now but would like to try out the trading functionality within the Qt wallet.  Read the OP but couldn't find any info on how to setup the keys.  Can anyone point to the post where this was discussed?

TIA

Activity: 209
Opal Dev
You say the changes could be applied to any cryptocoin, however, these changes have already been applied to Opal. It's easy to say this feature and that feature could be added to any coin but the work has to actually be done! IMO that's where 95% of altcoins fail  Cheesy

Yes, because no substantial changes have been made to the protocol (what a cryptocurrency is), they have just been made to the client. So I see no reason to create a second blockchain for client updates.

I think your main misunderstanding is you are confusing the wallet (the client) with the protocol (what actually defines a cryptocurrency). These aren't features being added to the protocol, they are being added to the client. These features are not unique to opal, there is nothing actually new its just modifying a client and pretending something major has been done. This type of development stagnants progress of all cryptocurrency in favor of short term profit.
"there is nothing actually new its just modifying a client and pretending something major has been done"

I'm sorry, but this is rather insulting.

Posting something like that is baiting a hostile response.

We have posted answers to questions such as these already,
you claim not to be fuding,
but don't wish to discuss the answers we've provided?
Activity: 574
Merit: 504
You say the changes could be applied to any cryptocoin, however, these changes have already been applied to Opal. It's easy to say this feature and that feature could be added to any coin but the work has to actually be done! IMO that's where 95% of altcoins fail  Cheesy

Yes, because no substantial changes have been made to the protocol (what a cryptocurrency is), they have just been made to the client. So I see no reason to create a second blockchain for client updates.

I think your main misunderstanding is you are confusing the wallet (the client) with the protocol (what actually defines a cryptocurrency). These aren't features being added to the protocol, they are being added to the client. These features are not unique to opal, there is nothing actually new its just modifying a client and pretending something major has been done. This type of development stagnants progress of all cryptocurrency in favor of short term profit.

I think now you are FUDing a little. You didn't read my post. I made no mention of protocols or blockchains.

I don't understand your problem with creating a new blockchain. Why is this an issue for you?
holding well and on Sunday as someone said, should be powerful going forward, developers are Unix and C++ skilled in cryptography and distributed networking attacking correct problem which is commercialization of storage and content

If this is the case then why did they waste time building a desktop client for a centralized exchange into their wallet and not build a distributed exchange? (My guess I will be accused of spreading FUD, by asking legitimate questions.)

There are several answers to this question too.

a) Development takes time as you're probably aware. Developing a decentralized exchange takes a lot of time. If we can offer a feature that is of use to Opal wallet users in a shorter time frame then why wouldn't we?
b) There are other decentralized exchanges in development already. And, as Opal is now a part of SuperNET we will be able to make use of them.
c) We have a roadmap with set targets and goals - current a decentralized exchange is not part of that. We are focusing mainly on improving the Marketplace and File Sharing.
legendary
gains slid from over 112% to 50% intraday but still very good and holding

sell off has started.. but due to supernet and possibility of DRM I am holding steady

also there is nothing more important than content.. hold that in mind
Activity: 308
thrasher.

legendary
holding well and on Sunday as someone said, should be powerful going forward, developers are Unix and C++ skilled in cryptography and distributed networking attacking correct problem which is commercialization of storage and content

If this is the case then why did they waste time building a desktop client for a centralized exchange into their wallet and not build a distributed exchange? (My guess I will be accused of spreading FUD, by asking legitimate questions.)

talking with NXT as they did with storj ?  Smiley
Activity: 532
I'm gonna stick my nose in here and make a little point about forum community relations and FUD:

If someone asks a question (or 10 questions) , then the best thing to do is just to give a straightforward answer BEFORE you start hassling the questioner and shouting FUD.
With L&F, for example, he might be too lazy to read the whole thread but providing him a good answer won't cost anything but time.
Never forget, by the way,  that a lot of people just lurk and read rather than posting on the forum, so a good answer to one guy may be read by many others........

Don't start screaming FUD until it really is FUD, nasty questions don't count. If you can't answer the nasty questions.......u have a problem.

(and this, btw, is one of the reasons BlockNet annoys the f*** out of me)

I agree, honest questions should be answered but people need to do their own research.  Most of the information he would need to know is on the OP/ANN. 

You should do your own research, not just for opal but any coin you look at.  Someone could accidentally or purposefully post something incorrect.  Lazy community members could buy or sell based on this false information.  It happens all the time when fuddsters take over a thread.  If someone is too lazy to checkout the facts for themselves, they could end up screwing themselves or the community over.  Telling someone to do their own research may sound like hassling but really its the most beneficial thing to do.
Activity: 308
thrasher.

So beyond wallet modifications, what is the development team doing? A lot of the changes (messaging, IP anonymity, bittrex desktop client, etc) all could have been applied to a wallet that would work for any crytpocurrency since they don't require changes to the underlying protocol. If the primary development is just improving the existing sStoshi wallet then why create a redundant blockchain and not create a better wallet for all cryptocurrencies? Am I missing something?
There is a development regarding a new generation of wallet tech in the upcoming "full 6 month road map", which will be posted sometime tomorrow morning or sooner.

What do you mean by new generation of wallet tech? Would these changes have affects on the underlying cryptocurrency protocol? None of the changes made so far have been changes to the protocol, they have been changes to the wallet which means they could be applied to any cryptocoin. If the development is focused around wallet development then why create a new blockchain? Why not just design wallets for existing cryptocurrency and benefit the entire cryptocurrency community?

Edit: Sorry made my reply before the other response, reviewing that now.

legendary
Activity: 209
Opal Dev
I'm gonna stick my nose in here and make a little point about forum community relations and FUD:

If someone asks a question (or 10 questions) , then the best thing to do is just to give a straightforward answer BEFORE you start hassling the questioner and shouting FUD.
With L&F, for example, he might be too lazy to read the whole thread but providing him a good answer won't cost anything but time.
Never forget, by the way,  that a lot of people just lurk and read rather than posting on the forum, so a good answer to one guy may be read by many others........

Don't start screaming FUD until it really is FUD, nasty questions don't count. If you can't answer the nasty questions.......u have a problem.

(and this, btw, is one of the reasons BlockNet annoys the f*** out of me)
Thanks for dropping by EvilDave,

Your advice is greatly appreciated, we do our best to answer questions when they come up.

Although personally, I do prefer legitimate questions about Opal
over the generic "Why should I buy" or " Isn't this the same as "insert coin here"?".

I know its a good problem to have, just frustrating at times.

Thanks again EvilDave
Jump to: