Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OpenRigs.com - Aluminium Frames for Mining Rigs - page 5. (Read 52296 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Are you planning on supporting ASIC Scrypt Miners, like the heatsink fan miners from- Gridseeds/LightningAsics?

Yes - I'm waiting on a group buy for GridSeeds I'm involved in to finish and then arrive so I can make sure the stack works, but preliminary design is already done:)

Sweet! I just posted my pictures after successfully setting up my gridseed miners.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pictureslightningasic-hardware-gridseeds-lightningasics-by-aj-miles-519093 (If you don't mind me sharing these pics for others to see)

If others who have these miners could mine Scrypt Coins and Bitcoins with it; and use the frames for these miners, this would be ideal.
As you can see from those pics, I am currently using my desk, which is highly NOT recommended!

This is why I believe we need your help with frames that support these types of miners.

Keep up the good work, and looking forward to an update!
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Are you planning on supporting ASIC Scrypt Miners, like the heatsink fan miners from- Gridseeds/LightningAsics?

Yes - I'm waiting on a group buy for GridSeeds I'm involved in to finish and then arrive so I can make sure the stack works, but preliminary design is already done:)
Activity: 56
donator
Thats good to know... I think i read max carry on was 5-12kg but dont quote me on that...  I didnt realize you could fit so many in a box so it looks like the luggage option might be worth considering. I think they are leaving for SA the first or second week of april so ill see about makin this happen sooner then later.

Ok cool let me know. The boxes are a little unwieldy, and won't fit in some cars that easily, so we'll have to get it to them towards the end of their trip to minimise them having to haul it around.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Cool, by the way... A couple contractor i work with are headed to SA for business..  

What does an openrigs frame weigh? Can they fit it into a carry on if its broken down into pieces by a couple people?

About 4-5kgs, dependent on the model and options, not sure what max carry on is, but they can always check it as baggage? We can fit 4-6 units in a box, and they can check an entire box in as luggage, I think to the US it's a max of 2 pieces of checked in luggage so it is doable.

Thats good to know... I think i read max carry on was 5-12kg but dont quote me on that...  I didnt realize you could fit so many in a box so it looks like the luggage option might be worth considering. I think they are leaving for SA the first or second week of april so ill see about makin this happen sooner then later.
donator
Cool, by the way... A couple contractor i work with are headed to SA for business..  

What does an openrigs frame weigh? Can they fit it into a carry on if its broken down into pieces by a couple people?

About 4-5kgs, dependent on the model and options, not sure what max carry on is, but they can always check it as baggage? We can fit 4-6 units in a box, and they can check an entire box in as luggage, I think to the US it's a max of 2 pieces of checked in luggage so it is doable.
legendary

Edit: They owe me some favors and i was thinking about making em haul another one over...lol
donator
Al jokes aside I hope you are not hinting at a possible 13 week wait because somewhere between 8-9 week mark i will be asking for a full and prompt refund!

I think that is "generous" in every sense of the word for a product that was supposed to take 4-6 weeks to arrive!

That's what we have cargo insurance for;)
legendary
^^  Ok thanks for clarifying .. I got 2 weeks™ at the minimum it seems.  I might have to throw a party when it finally shows...

But i swear if i have to do any manual labor!!!

Then I will personally fly to the US and drill the holes for you:-P

Expect me there in 6-10+ weeks up to a maximum of 13 weeks. I'm coming by raft, you see...

Al jokes aside I hope you are not hinting at a possible 13 week wait because somewhere between 8-9 week mark i will be asking for a full and prompt refund!

I think that is "generous" in every sense of the word for a product that was supposed to take 4-6 weeks to arrive!

donator
I like how my frame shipped over a year ago:   http://sms.postoffice.co.za/TrackingParcels/Parcel.aspx?id=CN022189379ZA

You read the note on the order history page, right?
Activity: 31
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Same here, I had to re-drill and move 2 stand-offs in order to mount regular ATX motherboard.

Thanks - can you or endlessred pm me pics, please? Then I have ammunition to go make heads roll:)

No prob, will do it over the weekend.
donator
Same here, I had to re-drill and move 2 stand-offs in order to mount regular ATX motherboard.

Thanks - can you or endlessred pm me pics, please? Then I have ammunition to go make heads roll:)
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I got my frames, but was disappointed when I saw how the standoffs were drilled improperly. The holes on the bar with 2 standoffs were literally two whole inches off, zero chance of alignment. Not only that, the delay caused me to get another set of frames instead. I have use for these, so it's not the end of the world, and the frame itself isn't bad at all, well thought out. But even with EMS shipping it took 2 months to get here. On top of that, I need to redrill the standoff holes. If I had to grade the whole experience, I'd have to give it a 5...out of 10. Especially because I had to put in manual labor for something that should fit from the get-go.

Sorry about that, that's completely bizarre - the holes are standard ATX holes, the only time we've ever had an issue like that is if the customer is using an eATX motherboard (which spills past the holes we've drilled), but even then the holes are in the right place for eATX, they just need an extra one. Just to clarify - are you saying that the bar with the two standoffs was misaligned form the bar with the 3 standoffs? You should definitely not have to re-drill any motherboard holes except if you want to move the motherboard from the standard mounting point, so either something is badly awry or the bar just needs to be flipped around to line up with the 3 standoff bar?

donator
^^  Ok thanks for clarifying .. I got 2 weeks™ at the minimum it seems.  I might have to throw a party when it finally shows...

Then I will personally fly to the US and drill the holes for you:-P

Expect me there in 6-10+ weeks up to a maximum of 13 weeks. I'm coming by raft, you see...
legendary
No need to get upset.  It might have said 4-6 weeks when we ordered, but they meant for it to say 6-10 weeks, and it was intended to imply that it could be 10+ weeks. 

Silly customers, should have done EMS if they wanted their product within half of a year from paying...  stupid entitled Americans Cheesy

FINALLY! Someone who understands!

:-P

In all seriousness, though, I really am sorry that I even had surface mail there as an option. Never again. Please don't move house just yet:-P

^^  Ok thanks for clarifying .. I got 2 weeks™ at the minimum it seems.  I might have to throw a party when it finally shows...

donator
No need to get upset.  It might have said 4-6 weeks when we ordered, but they meant for it to say 6-10 weeks, and it was intended to imply that it could be 10+ weeks. 

Silly customers, should have done EMS if they wanted their product within half of a year from paying...  stupid entitled Americans Cheesy

FINALLY! Someone who understands!

:-P

In all seriousness, though, I really am sorry that I even had surface mail there as an option. Never again. Please don't move house just yet:-P
donator
1/22/2014 11:12 AM   Arrival at outward office of exchange   CAPETOWN D   
1/22/2014 11:12 AM   Departure from outward office of exchange   CAPETOWN D 

Im going off the above date from the tracking page (http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/) .. " Departure from outward office of exchange" means it left the country eh?

If it doesnt then i dont know what the **** im waiting for! It will be 3 1/2 months in a few days!!!! If the other guy whos item shipped on the 8th doesnt have his surely im looking at another 15 days!!  That would make it 4 months after paying with no product!

Hey Fluffy can you verify "Departure from outward office of exchange   CAPETOWN D" means it left the country!

It does - it matches the "Insert item into bag out" which is when it leaves. See here, for example: http://sms.postoffice.co.za/TrackingParcels/Parcel.aspx?id=CN025030079ZA - that's one that Royal Mail actually bothered to scan, so it was updated on the domestic tracking when it arrived.
donator
Wait you paid on dec 5th and it shipped on 1/8/2014 !!?

**** me!! I ordered on Dec 2nd and it shipped 1/22/14 !! Dam near 15 days later...

Guess i got a minimum wait of 15 more days.  #$(&^%$%^!!!!

That's customs doing their thang! They completely disregard the order we give it to them, and process it in whichever order they choose.
donator
I got my frames, but was disappointed when I saw how the standoffs were drilled improperly. The holes on the bar with 2 standoffs were literally two whole inches off, zero chance of alignment. Not only that, the delay caused me to get another set of frames instead. I have use for these, so it's not the end of the world, and the frame itself isn't bad at all, well thought out. But even with EMS shipping it took 2 months to get here. On top of that, I need to redrill the standoff holes. If I had to grade the whole experience, I'd have to give it a 5...out of 10. Especially because I had to put in manual labor for something that should fit from the get-go.

Sorry about that, that's completely bizarre - the holes are standard ATX holes, the only time we've ever had an issue like that is if the customer is using an eATX motherboard (which spills past the holes we've drilled), but even then the holes are in the right place for eATX, they just need an extra one. Just to clarify - are you saying that the bar with the two standoffs was misaligned form the bar with the 3 standoffs? You should definitely not have to re-drill any motherboard holes except if you want to move the motherboard from the standard mounting point, so either something is badly awry or the bar just needs to be flipped around to line up with the 3 standoff bar?
Pages:
Jump to: