Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 247. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
"Pascalcovampire" how did you mine 20 blocks today? With only 5 rigs. Probably has some other miner

Another block mined by the vampire... This is unreal!

Wow, 1 more mined just now, wtf?
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
I just mined 2 Blocks with KlausT Miner yesterday and today one.

Is it just for nvidia that miner?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hey everyone, updated the CUDA GPU miner with some of KlausT's improvements: https://github.com/Vorksholk/PascalCoin-CUDA/releases/tag/v1.04
Thanks for your efforts man!
Is there any chance to compile your code for Compute Compatibility 1.2 ?  Cry
I'm getting
Using Device: 0

ERROR ALLOCATION
CUDA Version: 6.1
CUDA Devices: 0

Mining on device #0...

ERROR ALLOCATION
ERROR ALLOCATION
ERROR ALLOCATION
ERROR ALLOCATION
ERROR ALLOCATION
ERROR ALLOCATION
Last error: CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version
ERROR ALLOCATION
ERROR ALLOCATION
ERROR ALLOCATION
 Real: 1DDF0000CA022000E478A2CDB3B71D1F02E3DCAA435ABF0C32ABEABD27C1EE6CD
410640420F000000000001000100DBA7D0306B754E6E77306E5F3030C0562EF6AD2217BC
A5ADD34C75F1B4C219A5DA9B722947ED800000000000000000000000
Activity: 173
"Pascalcovampire" how did you mine 20 blocks today? With only 5 rigs. Probably has some other miner

Another block mined by the vampire... This is unreal!
Activity: 163
Hey everyone, updated the CUDA GPU miner with some of KlausT's improvements: https://github.com/Vorksholk/PascalCoin-CUDA/releases/tag/v1.04

No promise that the new miner can actually mine blocks, but if anyone gets a block with this, please let the rest of us know. About 360% performance improvements, I'm getting around 900 MH/s on an overclocked 1080.

I've also seen some people worried about the PascalCoin wallet saying "Error: Proof of work is higher than target payload." This isn't a problem--the way my miner works (and presumably some others that are floating around now, although I haven't looked at the code for them) is by submitting shares that meet a target of 24000000. Note that we are currently on track for a target of 31000000 soon, which is 8192 times higher, so you should expect to see, on average, 8192 of those errors per actual block mined. The miner is submitting shares to the wallet, effectively. These shares don't count for anything unless they meet the target.

You make a miner but say "No promise that the new miner can actually mine blocks".

WTF is this, how do you not know, if the miner that you made actually works?

It's possible that one of the optimizations (namely the funnelshift, can't imagine an unroll causing a problem) could introduce a bug by not behaving the way I expect. The way to truly know a miner works is to mine a block with it (although you can be pretty certain that it works by manually checking hashes).

So If it doesn't mine a block, we'll never know if it actually working.

People will be mining for days, saying they can't find a block, not knowing if the miner actually works.

What a waste of time and electricity.

That's the game of mining for you. Smiley

That's like saying. I made a really fast car, 360% performance improvement, goes 900 mph.
But no promises that the new car will actually work.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

No promise that the new miner can actually mine blocks, but if anyone gets a block with this, please let the rest of us know. About 360% performance improvements, I'm getting around 900 MH/s on an overclocked 1080.

I've also seen some people worried about the PascalCoin wallet saying "Error: Proof of work is higher than target payload." This isn't a problem--the way my miner works (and presumably some others that are floating around now, although I haven't looked at the code for them) is by submitting shares that meet a target of 24000000. Note that we are currently on track for a target of 31000000 soon, which is 8192 times higher, so you should expect to see, on average, 8192 of those errors per actual block mined. The miner is submitting shares to the wallet, effectively. These shares don't count for anything unless they meet the target.

You make a miner but say "No promise that the new miner can actually mine blocks".

It's possible that one of the optimizations (namely the funnelshift, can't imagine an unroll causing a problem) could introduce a bug by not behaving the way I expect. The way to truly know a miner works is to mine a block with it (although you can be pretty certain that it works by manually checking hashes).

People will be mining for days, saying they can't find a block, not knowing if the miner actually works.

That's the game of mining for you. Smiley
Activity: 189
Od rodjenja mog....

legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 288
hi, i'm mining with 480 and PascalCoin_OpenCL_ProxyMiner_v1

is that ok i'm getting 2 windows and in miner window i see just (look at picture)
Real: 4LKHJSFLFGKBSLDKG0988........
Real: SVDFGVNFDSGBNFD58944........

without any hashrate, which is 630 MH/sec in PascalCoinMiner_0.2?

Activity: 910
Merit: 500
What's special with Pascal coin? Just added to poloniex, got huge volume and moon!?
This alone is very special for me and other traders\miners who like to trade@mine ..... Wink
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
@Vorksholk
there is now new json error:
Sending Error JSON RPC id () : Error: Invalid Operations Hash CEA1F197170160FAB4AF984F4DC6D5DEA7FF1F04B926F85B253C19B7FAF63F10<>E3B0C44298FC1C149AFBF4C8996FB92427AE41E4649B934CA495991B7852B855 payload:reb0rn0101 timestamp:1485548997 nonce:3525306155
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
27/01/2017 19:02:48.943 TID:00000D28 [Error] Invalid new block 57080: block (57080) is not new position (57081)
27/01/2017 19:02:53.394 TID:00000D28 [Info] My blockchain is ok! Need to download new blocks starting at 57081

27/01/2017 19:28:35.209 TID:00000A98 [Error] Invalid new block 57086: Error executing operation 1/1: Invalid n_operation 585 (expected 586)
27/01/2017 19:28:39.029 TID:00000A98 [Info] My blockchain is ok! Need to download new blocks starting at 57087

Should i care about this message in the log?

Thanks for your Help

up

this looks like buggy wallet code or temporary disconnect from peers.

legendary

you say that this error is not really an error, but just how it work, but why you are saying that "no promise that the new miner can actually mine blocks"? if it work it should eventually find one

I'm saying that the error isn't necessarily an indicator of any problem (in fact, it's 100% expected), but that doesn't mean something else couldn't be wrong with the miner. Smiley

mmh ok...btw can you fix the multiple instance thing with the nvidia miner, amd can run all the gpu with one instances but nvidia still not...

Unfortunately I'm way too busy with other projects at the moment Sad Multiple instances really aren't that much of a pain though.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

you say that this error is not really an error, but just how it work, but why you are saying that "no promise that the new miner can actually mine blocks"? if it work it should eventually find one

I'm saying that the error isn't necessarily an indicator of any problem (in fact, it's 100% expected), but that doesn't mean something else couldn't be wrong with the miner. Smiley

mmh ok...btw can you fix the multiple instance thing with the nvidia miner, amd can run all the gpu with one instances but nvidia still not...
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum
I just mined 2 Blocks with KlausT Miner yesterday and today one.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
i am getting node status:alone in the world
I am on one of my rigs... Its keeps blacklisting my IP when it reaches 4 days old (alone in the world  Sad).... I have tried everything, still no luck with that rig. On another rig,,,, same W7, it runs fine and am mining with 2 x 7970's

Both rigs go out with the same public IP ??

yes

Obviously you confuse the network.  It's a safety measure.

-  Use only one wallet.  Point all your miners to it.  It works from other subnets too.

-  Forward tcp/4004 in your router, and let the packets arrive to the wallet.  I have 3 servers and 96 clients connected, and never had any such problem.  The traffic is low, no problem like bitcoin with big traffic.

Hey thanks for that insight. Right now I have a wallet on each separate rig (well 2 rigs for testing) I will try what you suggest.  Wink
Jump to: