Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 55. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 102
Hello, newbe here.
Ik recently installed the pascalcoin wallet, figured out how to get an account name (it's a hurdle) and now I have 5 PASC in my wallet.
But suddenly the wallet crashes at startup with message: Error reading file C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\pascalcoin\data\blockchainstream.block
errors:
invalid empty block on block header, iPos=19519077 i=387
blocknumber=0 relstart=10361241600 size=0 last block:158099
blocknumber=159486 relstart=0 size=0

How can this be fixed? Or are my precious coins lost  Angry

They are not lost as long as you keep your keys safe.

When you close the PascalCoin wallet then use the menu and give it time to close down. If the wallet is interrupted or forced to close it often leave the blockchain-file in a mess.

The easy solution is to delete "blockchainstream.blocks" and the other files inside the "data" directory and the restart the walletr. But never ever delete "Walletkeys.dat" in "pascalcoin" directory unless you have a back up.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hello, newbe here.
Ik recently installed the pascalcoin wallet, figured out how to get an account name (it's a hurdle) and now I have 5 PASC in my wallet.
But suddenly the wallet crashes at startup with message: Error reading file C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\pascalcoin\data\blockchainstream.block
errors:
invalid empty block on block header, iPos=19519077 i=387
blocknumber=0 relstart=10361241600 size=0 last block:158099
blocknumber=159486 relstart=0 size=0

How can this be fixed? Or are my precious coins lost  Angry
EVERY exchange is potencially headache, they can get hacked or "get hacked" or solve your tickets for months... PASC needs something decentralized.

so my question is:Would Atomic swaps be possible with PASC?
https://themerkle.com/viacoin-developers-complete-atomic-swap-with-litecoin/
 ... Viacoin, Litecoin, Decred, Vertcoin have it...

PascalCoin has a payload with space for 256 characters so it would be quite easy to implement something similar to the Omni protocol. The Omni protocol makes swapping possible but I'm not sure that it could be an Atomic Swap (= trustless).
is anyone here ever send a ticket to poloniex? How long does the polo support team respond to?  Huh

What's happening. Is the problem with pascal withdraw/Deposit?
I have an account on poloniex freezes. so I can not buy pascal there. can anyone help me? I have sent the ticket repeatedly, for 2 weeks there is no answer.

Sorry! But no one here has any power to influence Poloniex
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
is anyone here ever send a ticket to poloniex? How long does the polo support team respond to?  Huh

I have an account on poloniex freezes. so I can not buy pascal there. can anyone help me? I have sent the ticket repeatedly, for 2 weeks there is no answer.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100

At times Poloniex screw up withdrawals. And at times the support is very slow to answer tickets.

EVERY exchange is potencially headache, they can get hacked or "get hacked" or solve your tickets for months... PASC needs something decentralized.

so my question is:Would Atomic swaps be possible with PASC?
https://themerkle.com/viacoin-developers-complete-atomic-swap-with-litecoin/
 ... Viacoin, Litecoin, Decred, Vertcoin have it...

At times Poloniex screw up withdrawals. And at times the support is very slow to answer tickets.
Activity: 581
Merit: 250

Activity: 92
Activity: 84
Does anyone know when the PascalCoin Android wallet will be released ? To bring the coin to daily use, android wallet is necessary.
Activity: 564
Join GANTECH’s team of game changers
Pascal will be huge within 1 - 2 year, but it should be added to more exchanges, it is only on poloniex now.
Pascal is huge already - when it was first listed on criptopia  the price was around $0.01,, and look at it now x80, and that is bottom .

It went up 1 over 1 dollar as soon as it was listed.  Doesn't make sense.  I have been mining since February and it was never 0.01.
what is it that you don't understand ? .01 what ? -apples or what ?

Apples?  I cannot answer questions that does not make sense.  My MacBook broke down, if that's what you mean.

Oh, right.  One of the things I don't understand is how someone was able to withdraw close to 1 mill of PASC in 5 days.  I did several small withdrawals ( in about a year)  and they always got stuck or lost or after polo 'refunded them' the price I paid was a big loss.

Unexplained 'things' like that me (and likely many other people) stop mining PASC a long time ago.  

I kept a full mining node at 8GH/s since April.  This fancy stuff has not even paid for the electricity costs yet.

Activity: 154
please who can explain for me how about is "true deletable blockchain"?

You don't need the blockchain to control double spend, because you don't need the historical of operations. This is thanks to a new struct called "Safebox" that contains balance of each account cryptographically secured. The only way to manipulate the Safebox is generating legit blocks at the blockchain.

Accounts are limited, generated on each block by the blockchain, in order to keep Safebox size as small as possible.

You can read both WhitePapers in order to understand how Safebox works:

Original Whitepaper: https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/blob/master/PascalCoin%20White%20Paper%20-%20EN.pdf

Version 2 Whitepaper (current version): https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/blob/master/PascalCoinWhitePaperV2.pdf

ok thank you bro, i am interesting  Smiley
Activity: 334
Merit: 263

You don't need the blockchain to control double spend, because you don't need the historical of operations. This is thanks to a new struct called "Safebox" that contains balance of each account cryptographically secured. The only way to manipulate the Safebox is generating legit blocks at the blockchain.

Accounts are limited, generated on each block by the blockchain, in order to keep Safebox size as small as possible.

You can read both WhitePapers in order to understand how Safebox works:

Original Whitepaper: https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/blob/master/PascalCoin%20White%20Paper%20-%20EN.pdf

Version 2 Whitepaper (current version): https://github.com/PascalCoin/PascalCoin/blob/master/PascalCoinWhitePaperV2.pdf

Activity: 154
Activity: 650
Merit: 502
Activity: 564
Join GANTECH’s team of game changers
Im putting my hopes to the new wallet and a simplified process in buying pascal coins. Right now it's pretty much the most complicated coin to deal with due to the wallets design.

If someone who's working on the wallet reads this, less is more please! Two buttons, send and receive. The rest could be visible when enabling "Expert mode". And please some modern look instead of current windows 95 look.
Agree with you, now you need to buy bitcoins, log in to Poloniex,  exchange yous bitcoins to Pascal coins, transfer from Poloniex to your local wallet. So tricky!

I agree also.  We need a hardware wallet so that I can buy coffee and other useful things with my 500 PASC.

It should just automatically work.

[EDIT]

but Bitcoins?  At 12 grand that's not the best idea.  Mining still works straight into your local wallet.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
Pascal just listed as one of the top 15 for December:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QbRTYtWvjo
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
PascaleCoin needs rebranding. Better name and logo - marketing does miracles and is important together with a quality product
Activity: 216
Merit: 101
Pascal will be huge within 1 - 2 year, but it should be added to more exchanges, it is only on poloniex now.
Pascal is huge already - when it was first listed on criptopia  the price was around $0.01,, and look at it now x80, and that is bottom .

It went up 1 over 1 dollar as soon as it was listed.  Doesn't make sense.  I have been mining since February and it was never 0.01.
what is it that you don't understand ? .01 what ? -apples or what ?
Im putting my hopes to the new wallet and a simplified process in buying pascal coins. Right now it's pretty much the most complicated coin to deal with due to the wallets design.

If someone who's working on the wallet reads this, less is more please! Two buttons, send and receive. The rest could be visible when enabling "Expert mode". And please some modern look instead of current windows 95 look.

If you are willing to use a beta version you can get a light wallet here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pascwallet/
Pages:
Jump to: