Author

Topic: [ANN] PayPie - Blockchain-Powered Risk Assessment - page 130. (Read 109500 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Email just came through. There IS a presale:

- There will be a minimum required amount of 1 ETH to participate. This is the best way to democratize participation;

- There will be an individual cap of 100 ETH. We believe in the value of the PayPie platform and it’s in the best interest of all that tokens get spread out through a considerable base;

Actually most of the times, presales do for big investors and most of the little investors can't get near of it.

This one is looking like for little and middle investors. So they should be sure of big demand. It's a risky way for pre-sale for the company but very good for little investors.
Depends for who, for me 1 ETH is quite a lot to "gamble" but i get what you mean.
Another good thing about pre sale is to test the waters for future investors. If some small investors wouldnt be sure if they should join ICO, now they will have some idea where this project is going.  
100 ETH limit is great! for investors this is a good amount of money, this will create a favorable atmosphere on the exchangers!
there will be no hard plums. as it happens if ICO don't have limit. perfect solution! More people can participate in PAYPIE ICO

These limitations are only for the upcoming pre-sale, not the ICO.
I dont understand anyway how they want to control the individual cap of 100 ETH. Wouldn't it be possible to send more than 100 ETH, just from a different address?
If they want some kind of KYC it will be much harder but still possible. Anyway I seriously doubt if there will be many people investing more than 100+ETH
Activity: 294
Merit: 100

- There will be a minimum required amount of 1 ETH to participate. This is the best way to democratize participation;

- There will be an individual cap of 100 ETH. We believe in the value of the PayPie platform and it’s in the best interest of all that tokens get spread out through a considerable base;

Actually most of the times, presales do for big investors and most of the little investors can't get near of it.

This one is looking like for little and middle investors. So they should be sure of big demand. It's a risky way for pre-sale for the company but very good for little investors.
Depends for who, for me 1 ETH is quite a lot to "gamble" but i get what you mean.
Another good thing about pre sale is to test the waters for future investors. If some small investors wouldnt be sure if they should join ICO, now they will have some idea where this project is going.  
100 ETH limit is great! for investors this is a good amount of money, this will create a favorable atmosphere on the exchangers!
there will be no hard plums. as it happens if ICO don't have limit. perfect solution! More people can participate in PAYPIE ICO

I dont understand anyway how they want to control the individual cap of 100 ETH. Wouldn't it be possible to send more than 100 ETH, just from a different address?

I think it's quite easy to limit this with a smart contract
Activity: 924
Merit: 520
It's nice to see this thread getting a lot of activity. It's a good thing for PAYPIE since its crowdsale will open 17 days from now. Keep it up guys!  Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 101

Activity: 294
now sure how I feel about pre-sales. on one hand a lower price is always welcome, on the other wouldn't it be just as well if that low price is used at the beginning of the ICO?

I think the idea behind the pre-sales is to jump start the public sale. The discount is there to sweeten the deal for the big investors, it lowers their risk. When the public sale starts with a nice amount of money already invested it is easier to convince smaller investors to put in some money too.
It's funny to see how pre icos became a thing in the last months. Only reason for pre sales is to raise more money and to attract bigger investors. Real pre-sales are invite only and not open to the public. But this is how it seems to work now. Smiley

Yes, I don't know if ICOs are a good thing.

It does not surprise me that countries like China try to regulate this.
Activity: 490
Merit: 104

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

Activity: 518

Glad about the pre-sale. One thing that i feel is important is that they mention there will be some bonus, but not a huge bonus because that encourages whales to invest big and just dump as soon as the token is released to an exchange. Very smart.

Indeed! Very smart about the bonus.
Glad to see there is a pre-sale, this will be great for this platform.

I'm very curious how long this pre-sale will be open.
What is the total presale cap?
I must say that I'm a little bit surprised that they will decide to conduct presale. Time to prepare some ethereum and wait for tokens!
Merit: 101

Glad about the pre-sale. One thing that i feel is important is that they mention there will be some bonus, but not a huge bonus because that encourages whales to invest big and just dump as soon as the token is released to an exchange. Very smart.

Yes, the pre-sale is a nice thing for early birds, who want to get a bonus on their investment. I hope it will be sold out fast to make the main ICO more attractive.
Activity: 630
Merit: 276

Indeed! Very smart about the bonus.
Glad to see there is a pre-sale, this will be great for this platform.

I'm very curious how long this pre-sale will be open.
What is the total presale cap?
Activity: 210
Merit: 105

Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

Activity: 924
Merit: 520
now sure how I feel about pre-sales. on one hand a lower price is always welcome, on the other wouldn't it be just as well if that low price is used at the beginning of the ICO?

I think the idea behind the pre-sales is to jump start the public sale. The discount is there to sweeten the deal for the big investors, it lowers their risk. When the public sale starts with a nice amount of money already invested it is easier to convince smaller investors to put in some money too.
It's funny to see how pre icos became a thing in the last months. Only reason for pre sales is to raise more money and to attract bigger investors. Real pre-sales are invite only and not open to the public. But this is how it seems to work now. Smiley

Pre-sale imho, is just a way to extend the crowdsale or ico, but offers a greater discount to early investors. It is also a good way to assess the initial public reaction to ICO Smiley
Activity: 154

well as you sumed it up it seems real clever
Activity: 350

I think companies do it to gauge th effectiveness of their marketing campaign prior to going into the main event.

If the pre-sale is private, then is to amass as much as they can, sometimes they get to the soft cap with the pre-sale, because investors get bonus for investing early, so that is a good thing for the project, but that should have been included since the beginning, not days before the ICO in general.
Activity: 882
Merit: 277
If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

I think companies do it to gauge th effectiveness of their marketing campaign prior to going into the main event.
Activity: 574
Merit: 115

Yeah. Looks like I got it backwards. The smaller investors are the plankton that get in first to lure the whales. Although 1 ETH minimum is not exactly plankton, but you get what I mean.

- There will be a bonus (yay!) for smaller contributors to benefit from. We want to prevent “pumping and dumping” from happening and you won’t see anything astronomic like in some other tokensales out there. PayPie is legit and we want contributors that are in it for its real value proposition.
Activity: 392
Don't forget to subscribe to the mailist to be informatif intime on when the pre sale will be launched and all other  informations about the project and the token sales phase. Its always good to be fast and in the first to invest in a project when you trust in it !

Is it officially confirmend yet that there will be a presale? Haven't seen any announcement here or in telegram.
Yes, it is on their website that they will have a pre-sale soon.
Merit: 500

We have some thrilling news to share with you! PayPie is OFFICIALY HAVING A PRE-SALE! Yaaay! We know you’ve been all passionately asking for a pre-sale to happen, so there you go!

Reminder: join us on Telegram now so you don't miss a thing.

Okay. The pre-sale structure is almost all done and there are a some very important information that we can share with you right away:

- The presale is for real. This is happening. We will structure it in a way that everyone can participate. The goal is to create a scenario to facilitate a large amount of individual contributors to join.

- The presale date is not yet confirmed due to bureaucratic reasons, but you will be informed with at least 3 days of notice for no one to miss it, so gear up and make sure to get your ETH ready right away;

- There will be a bonus (yay!) for smaller contributors to benefit from. We want to prevent “pumping and dumping” from happening and you won’t see anything astronomic like in some other tokensales out there. PayPie is legit and we want contributors that are in it for its real value proposition.

And that’s it! Make sure you carefully read and understand the terms disclosed so far to stay sharp on day one. Exciting times await!

Security note: scam attempts will happen like crazy now, so make sure to always check both our website and telegram group to see what’s really going on. We’ve been hearing about scam attempts from people cloning our website design, using similar URLs with one letter changed, faking Telegram profiles, emails, etc, so always triple-check the source you’re getting. Seriously.

More news will come soon!

Cheers,

Yohan Varella
CMO

are we going to have any sort of white list?
Activity: 934
Merit: 257
HAIL THE KING!

Jump to: