Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PHO Photon blake256- MERGE MINE 6 COINS- NO PREMINE - POW ONLY 4+ YRS - page 28. (Read 99194 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
I agree that if you dislike blake coin or any other blake 256 family coins go out and pick a coin you feel comfortable supporting.

I see a lot of what some of us call the 'arms race' , alt coins with mobile wallets and other add on's while there is no place to use them.

Blakezone is one of a few projects I am aware of on the table to use blake coin and other coins in the family for real world applications.

Also I see other coins updating to newer codebases of bitcoin 10 and 11 ect but since the 'updates' being done in many cases are copy and paste jobs many features are either not working properly or simply not necessary. 

Our team has chosen how to spend our time and resources very carefully imo and I stand behind those choices including the leader of the project Bluedragon747. 

There are multiple things  we have discussed in private and other things that we have not discussed that I and the other devs. could 'include' or 'update' to our current codebase however we see no need to do so at this time. For example I was playing around with a tool to 'insert' information into the blockchain of Photon 8-10 months ago or so.  We decided against use of this since for various reasons (at this time).

Some projects  take time to develop and get to a point where they are ready for public release.

We do not do things half way, or 'fake develop' things that vanish a month later.

Also I will take this opportunity to remind you that our system is the only fully functional merged mining cryptocurrency system other than bitcoin that anyone has produced.  Scrypt 1024 merged mining and all sha 2 merged mining for that matter will never touch blake 256 in terms of speed or design and blake 256 holds up better than sha 2 side by side from a security standpoint on all the research I have read. 

Finally sha 2 (the foundation of bitcoin and litecoin , ppc, countless others) are successful projects to different degrees (no disrespect to their development teams intended) but the fact is sha 2 was DESIGNED by the NSA.  The nsa has published recommendations people move away from sha 2. That is no accident. While no published work of sha 2 being successfully attacked full on with collission is out there I don't think the NSA is always disclose everything they know about different circumstances and facts of cryptography.

Blake 256 may not have been chosen as the final sha 3 candidate and I can't prove this but i feel in my heart that if 'SATOSHI' was going to redesign bitcoin over again 'SATOSHI' would certainly change a few things based on what 'history' so far has taught us and I honestly believe in my heart one of those changes would be using blake 256 vs sha 2.  Just because I believe that does not make it a fact but until he comes on here and tells me I am wrong I believe it based on careful study of his work and all published writings and former posts.  (I guarantee you I have spent hundreds more hours reading old threads around here and other places than 99.999% of all the other members of this forum -- because of this I feel qualified and confident stating that.)

For these any many other reasons I have declined several offers to join other development teams even lead positions as developer for other coins ( some very well known and with much larger 'market shares' than this project ) and will continue to do so to further blake 256 development.

As I predicted long ago hobby mining for 'profit' has ended , actually it ended long ago.
The only people mining coins these days are true supporters of cryptocurrencies and maybe a few people who steal or have access to 'free' electricity and own equipment -- and that includes bitcoin.
I know for a fact a majority alt coins running various algorithms are buying their hash power every day to keep thier blockchain moving. I know how to observe a coin networks nodes and operation carefully and 'see' a lot of things not obvious to someone who does not know exactly what to look for.

If you are a true supporter of cryptocurrency and want to mine coins on an alt coin project that has always been and will allways be run honestly and with integrity you should join us now.  We are one of very few projects that can state that claim and a project that has many things to offer that no other projects offer.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Feel free to dump your coins at below market to cut your perceived loss. I'll buy at some of it up.  Grin

Thanks again to BlueDragon747 for the updates to code a few weeks back.....

I hope everyone is mining with us and holding .....

sadly BLC ended up as almost dead..
nobod ycares of this coins anymore.

move away from dragon, hes only making u go low and waste time and money
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos

sadly BLC ended up as almost dead..
nobod ycares of this coins anymore.

move away from dragon, hes only making u go low and waste time and money
Activity: 310
Merit: 256
Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged
For reasons unknown the pgp key posted previously is not showing up when I search it.

While this is not really a big deal since the key has been shown publically in full in multiple locations and also our development team has not had a chance to discuss this practice of signing commits this way for future I thought it worth mentioning.  If /when resolved will update....

Unrelated note, I noticed on the rich list on cce , some people have aquired over 1 billion photon !!

http://pho.cryptocoinexplorer.com/rich

wow !!

Difficulty currently 5514 while blake coin difficulty hanging round the 8000 level

Blockchain height is now 254k and climbing and it almost seems like the blockchain started just a few weeks ago. 

Blake Coin height is taller over 310k , and of course the members of the blake family with faster blocks are much much taller !! 

Thanks to all loyal members of the community. Many developments continue.
legendary
For the future I think it best if I sign distributed binary files with a pgp signature for added security.

I am publishing this key I created for the project here , on github and elsewhere.

If we (as a team) decide to adopt this process in the future you will know any binary I release is from me by checking the signature.

An ounce of precaution is worth a trainload of trouble

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v2
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=Xhbo
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

edit 1 - you can confim key signature was published here http://http-keys.gnupg.net/  signature ED241AA5
legendary

no info on photon dice, oh well

New Photon release

For windows available here

Photon 0.8.9.5

https://github.com/photonproject/photon/releases/tag/0.8.9.5

Source code with updates from Bluedragon747 the 'creator' of Blake Coin many thanks

https://github.com/photonproject/photon

Enjoy -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone mentioned to me Photon Dice is down, will have to check it out ---
legendary
fiy development ideas being discussed behind the scenes

upgrade to most recent open ssl 1.0.2d,  i have this tested and ready to go , pushed updated checkpoints to Photon,  (also to Electron and Lithium since I have access to their githubs) 

At this time we are waiting to upgrade since currently our wallets are running open ssl 1.0.2a which does not need the upgrade as bad as other systems do .

Also in building the new open ssl from source Bluedragon747 and I agree it is safest to compile with all ciphers disabled since not necessary.

I have done this for some time with my builds.  There may be a few upgrades to the esdca section of the code as well , ,we are still testing and discussing these and many other things.  For now plans to move to 9.x or higher codebase may be tabled as these suffer from less stability and offer few if any benefits to the blake coin ecosystem.

the matter has yet to be decided and of course the code will always evolve also we are going to use some of the features we  consider desirable from the new 9.x 10.x and 11.x codebases.....

As a jr. dev, with Bluedragon as lead I trust in his judgment, in particular when we both agree !!!!!!

fyi if anyone is fooling with open ssl 1.0.2d

you cannot build  (at least I could not in mingw) with the no-cms flag

so your configure line should be something like this

./Configure no-zlib no-dso no-shared no-krb5 no-camellia no-capieng no-cast no-gost no-dtls1 no-gmp no-heartbeats no-idea no-jpake no-md2 no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-rdrand no-rfc3779 no-rsax no-sctp no-seed no-sha0 no-static_engine no-whirlpool no-rc2 no-rc4 no-ssl2 no-ssl3 mingw

more info will be posted/ available soon as our team decides which move is the best to make.

Remember the blake 256 system is no copy paste,

to my knowledge it is the only blockchain running a merkle root of single sha 256 vs double.............

not to mention all the other advantages of blake 256 over all other algos.......

as my  friend BD says............  Blake wins.......... more to come........   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Photon will be used with Blake Coin in the MMO Blakezone game as the secondary 'currency' unit to purchase bullets ect....

The game is still not released but should be ready later this year.

Here is a link to BlakeZone for anyone who wants to sign up & participate in private beta testing.

https://www.blakezone.com/membership-join/membership-registration/

For video samples & more on all this
visit http://blakecoin.org
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
I have 2 Mil so also not that much Smiley

BTW, can you share what the development plans are for the coin?

I often hear so many people bragging to me how much Photon they hold....

Good for you, back up your claim by signing your address at the richlist of Photon !!

It is right here http://pho.cryptocoinexplorer.com/rich 

This shows the 1000 wealthiest holders of Photon !!

If you don't want to give your real name, no need we all respect privacy just sign the transaction with a fake name !!

Let's see all these big 'bag holders' of Photon put their Photon where they say they have it !!
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Not that rich only 7 mil or so.
legendary
I often hear so many people bragging to me how much Photon they hold....

Good for you, back up your claim by signing your address at the richlist of Photon !!

It is right here http://pho.cryptocoinexplorer.com/rich 

This shows the 1000 wealthiest holders of Photon !!

If you don't want to give your real name, no need we all respect privacy just sign the transaction with a fake name !!

Let's see all these big 'bag holders' of Photon put their Photon where they say they have it !!
Multisig Photon

http://pho.cryptocoinexplorer.com/transaction?transaction=abb5ca242581eb9590fc11578f04ee76a18c96f9ef3b0e198eac5cad85cd58c7

http://pho.cryptocoinexplorer.com/transaction?transaction=abb5ca242581eb9590fc11578f04ee76a18c96f9ef3b0e198eac5cad85cd58c7

Still testing --------- looking good 

Testing also Blake Coin

Make sure you check out the brilliant work of the Electron developers in coding the most functional and feature loaded twitter tip bot I have ever seen

http://electron.tips/

For example by using this with Blake Trader http://blaketrader.com/

You can send a tweet and exchange/withdraw coins +++++++++++++ many other cool features.

You can mass tip your followers, there are many many ways to configure in case you want to mass tip but at the same time exclude accounts that are newer, send few tweets, have different follower/following ratios and much much more. 

i guess the forum was hacked again but lives --------------------- many claim they cant log in
Thanks very much for the excellent work on the logo

The main reason no changes have been made is in the MMO game Bluedragon is working on the current logo for photon is the default,

In the future we will look to incorperate this and others I am sure , thanks for you long term support and also work on the logo !!

To show my appreciation if i have time I will fork a tree from the master at github and make you a custom wallet (and for anyone else who wants to use it) with that logo !! 

please feel free to use any of the icons I made

also photon has been updated

newest version with open ssl 1.0.2a here and other minor tweaks for windows qt and photond https://github.com/photonproject/photon/releases/tag/8.9.2.1b

changes to source are outlined here (see recent commits) , a few cosmetics, checkpoint , ect,  not mandatory but recommended upgrade

https://github.com/photonproject/photon

Please consider running a node for Photon and the other blake coin family members , while we maintain a very active and reliable network as things grow the more nodes the better....

It costs you nothing really just leave your wallet on !!

(In theory it may take up some bandwidth but nothing at all near what running a bitcoin node would take , I recently shut my bitcoin node down due to this and the changes I don't like that bitcoin is making to it's blocksize ect....)   

Dreamwatcher !!   It is art no doubt !!

I guess if I 'had' to really do perfect formating of pages ect........  it would get done... I can say this, I do spend hours and hours testing wallets and builds on all different versions of machines and virtual machines before they are released.  I really like to make sure the wallet is 'quality' and is not going to look or act messed up.  I keep 2 computers 'offline' for safety just to do builds in then always test on others.

I am working now on integrating a little bit of the Electron Tip Bot into the QT wallet and while I have a test build up

it is here along with Electrond command line for windows and a full qt for linux 12 https://github.com/cinnamoncoin/https---github.com-cinnamoncoin-Electron-ELT/releases  Still I am unsatisfied with the formating and the centering of the logo.....

Coin security and such I am pretty good at, if you can steal from a wallet or break it I can find a way to do so however the polish is what needs work and I am attempting even today to improve that by updating the op.....

Kudos to the Electron Team again,  happy to be involved with the beta testing and I need to take a page from Dreamwatcher's playbook on 'look' !! 

You know if i was 1/100 as good at html formatting as I was at other things the op would not look so bad

Why do you think Cryptocoin Explorer has looked the way it has throughout the years?  Tongue

It is common for programmers to be, shall we say, aesthetically challenged when it comes to web development.

I have had graphic artists tell me they call it "programmer art".  Cheesy

With CCE 4.0, I have been putting in a real effort with the web server to improve the HTML. It will be using more standard HTML 5, bootstrap3 and be more mobile friendly.

I cannot say the "artwork" will not still have at least the impression of being "programmer art", but it should be much improved.
Activity: 521
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: