Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PHO Photon blake256- MERGE MINE 6 COINS- NO PREMINE - POW ONLY 4+ YRS - page 29. (Read 99194 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
You know if i was 1/100 as good at html formatting as I was at other things the op would not look so bad

Why do you think Cryptocoin Explorer has looked the way it has throughout the years?  Tongue

It is common for programmers to be, shall we say, aesthetically challenged when it comes to web development.

I have had graphic artists tell me they call it "programmer art".  Cheesy

With CCE 4.0, I have been putting in a real effort with the web server to improve the HTML. It will be using more standard HTML 5, bootstrap3 and be more mobile friendly.

I cannot say the "artwork" will not still have at least the impression of being "programmer art", but it should be much improved.
Activity: 310
Merit: 256
Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged
Some day and it won't be long, Photon will be traded on all major exchanges with Blake Coin and all other members of the Blake 256 merge mined family. 

Thanks again to Dreamwatcher and our sponser for CCE  --- We are lucky to have about the best block crawler/ explorer / rich list / and so so so  much more !!!

Bluedragon747 is coding the MMO game that will feature Blake Coin and Photon as the currency in the game at a furious pace.  Beta testing startes in less than two weeks and I can't wait to try it out !! Keep in mind Bluedragon747 always had the game in mind as the purpose behind the Blake Family of coins and originally Blake Coin was to be the only 'money' in the game , to purchase weapons , upgrades ect..... however he decided to use Photon to purchase ammo , Blake Coin will be used for more expensive items.

Huge kudos to The Electron Developers who coded a very state of the art twitter tip bot, better than anything I have ever seen even for bitcoin and more secure also.  You can tip electrons to others on twitter, you can withdraw and deposit with tweet commands and even deposit Photon or other coins traded on BLAKE TRADER and have then 'exchanged' into Electron , also you can withdraw Electron and have it instantly sent to BLAKE TRADER with a tweet and have it exchanged to another Blake Coin family member.  You can mass tip your followers on twitter..... you can set paramaters to only tip people who have profiles of certain time frame, follower ratio, number of tweets,  many other things......even tip people for retweeting or following you !!   please see here for the full lowdown on The Electron Twitter Tip Machine http://www.electron.tips/

ALSO REMEMBER WITH BLAKE TRADER YOU DO NOT NEED TO SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING, YOU GO TO THE PAGE IT SHOWS YOU THE EXCHANGE RATES BETWEEN DIFFERENT COINS , YOU SEND YOUR COINS TO AN ADDRESS AND IT SENDS COINS BACK TO YOU , YOU NEVER HAVE TO LOG IN , GIVE AN E MAIL, YOU IDENTITY, NOTHING, IT JUST WORKS THAT GOOD

finally one last thing, 

Someone inquired about merged mining chain id's (with the desire to set up a private merged mining pool !!

Blake Coin is the parent chain

Auxuliary Chains are in birth order : (with links to their ann page here on the forum for easy reference) 

BLC  Blake Coin    The Father Of Us All https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annblc-blakecoin-blake-256-for-gpufpga-with-merged-mined-pools-stable-net-306894[/b]

PHO   Photon   2   go to page one here
BBTC BlakeBitcoin   5       https://bitcoin-forums.net/index.php?topic=606037.0[/b]
ELT   Electron   7       https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annelt-electron-blake-256-coin-merged-mined-624595[/b]
UMO   Universal Molecule   15     https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-umo-universalmolecule-blake256-new-win-downloads-2015-12-15-702519[/b]
LIT    LIthium  6           https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-lithium-lit-no-premine-blake-256-merge-mined-hot-new-coin-810688[/b]

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
please feel free to use any of the icons I made

also photon has been updated

newest version with open ssl 1.0.2a here and other minor tweaks for windows qt and photond https://github.com/photonproject/photon/releases/tag/8.9.2.1b

changes to source are outlined here (see recent commits) , a few cosmetics, checkpoint , ect,  not mandatory but recommended upgrade

https://github.com/photonproject/photon

Please consider running a node for Photon and the other blake coin family members , while we maintain a very active and reliable network as things grow the more nodes the better....

It costs you nothing really just leave your wallet on !!

(In theory it may take up some bandwidth but nothing at all near what running a bitcoin node would take , I recently shut my bitcoin node down due to this and the changes I don't like that bitcoin is making to it's blocksize ect....)   

Activity: 310
Merit: 256
Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged
You know if i was 1/100 as good at html formatting as I was at other things the op would not look so bad
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
also photon has been updated

newest version with open ssl 1.0.2a here and other minor tweaks for windows qt and photond https://github.com/photonproject/photon/releases/tag/8.9.2.1b

changes to source are outlined here (see recent commits) , a few cosmetics, checkpoint , ect,  not mandatory but recommended upgrade

https://github.com/photonproject/photon

Please consider running a node for Photon and the other blake coin family members , while we maintain a very active and reliable network as things grow the more nodes the better....

It costs you nothing really just leave your wallet on !!

(In theory it may take up some bandwidth but nothing at all near what running a bitcoin node would take , I recently shut my bitcoin node down due to this and the changes I don't like that bitcoin is making to it's blocksize ect....)   

legendary
Thank you for the updates and excellent work Dreamwatcher !!

Concerning CryptoCoinExplorer:  pho.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Over the last month or so, there has been more downtime then normal. This is due to server restarts by the server provider.

Before the recent incidents, server restarts were a relatively rare occurrence.When CCE 3.5 was written last year, unattended restarts were not a major consideration.
I do not run a startup script for CCE servers as I prefer to manually restart CCE 3.5 explorers.
This is to ensure the startup goes smooth as there are a couple of issues, though rare, that could come up.

Development of CCE 4 started a few months ago and the database loader is at a state that it could be deployed.
The CCE 4 database loader is very restart friendly and also much more fault/error tolerant then the CCE 3.5 loader.

In light of these recent events, I am going to write a modified version of the CCE 4 database loader that will work with CCE 3.5 databases.

This will allow me to confidently use a server startup script to start the explorers unattended whenever there is a restart.

The plan is to have this deployed over the weekend/early next week.

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Concerning CryptoCoinExplorer:  pho.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Over the last month or so, there has been more downtime then normal. This is due to server restarts by the server provider.

Before the recent incidents, server restarts were a relatively rare occurrence.When CCE 3.5 was written last year, unattended restarts were not a major consideration.
I do not run a startup script for CCE servers as I prefer to manually restart CCE 3.5 explorers.
This is to ensure the startup goes smooth as there are a couple of issues, though rare, that could come up.

Development of CCE 4 started a few months ago and the database loader is at a state that it could be deployed.
The CCE 4 database loader is very restart friendly and also much more fault/error tolerant then the CCE 3.5 loader.

In light of these recent events, I am going to write a modified version of the CCE 4 database loader that will work with CCE 3.5 databases.

This will allow me to confidently use a server startup script to start the explorers unattended whenever there is a restart.

The plan is to have this deployed over the weekend/early next week.

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
The Blake-256 algorithm hash rate is just under 3x faster on the GPU and just over 2x on the FPGA compared with Bitcoin

The reason why we chose Blake is because it's 10x faster in GPU than in CPU.

It has the highest gap compared to all algos.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
legendary
i am doing some testing on the electron and umo network now

have been for a few hours,

opening up new nodes,

seeing ununual behauvor from a few nodes,

i won't say which ones for now,

was in touch with bluedroagon with the information...........

nothing is out of control now however I will find out who is messing around with the network if that is in fact what is happening
(appears that way)

i may blow you a kiss back over the wire if you are still connected , never know...........

someone is injecting bad blocks into elt/umo networks and it is crashing wallets which is taking out pools

Is this the reason ELT and UMO wallets need to be rebuilt?
Let me check with Blue to see what is going on.  Had to reindex 3 wallets this morning already.
Activity: 521
Merit: 100
someone is injecting bad blocks into elt/umo networks and it is crashing wallets which is taking out pools

Let me check with Blue to see what is going on.  Had to reindex 3 wallets this morning already.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners

Dunno if that is, but certainly that wouldn't help tho...
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

legendary
lol

Chig, do you want me to update it to fork your repo, update it with coin control , the lastest level db, checkpoint it and release it then you can merge when you have time if you like??

Would be pretty easy at this point .........

I know you are busy and involved in many things however working on the blake coin system is my main project now so drop me a pm or get in touch other wise and let me know,  and will code up in a few days and do a gitpull after everything is tested...........  unless you want to continue to handle it which I know you certainly can.

This is just for you though dear.........  I don't want anyone to get the impression I am going to start pimping myself out on the street of crypto.....

My services are not available for ANYONE outside the core blake 256 family !!   

(other than a few coins I donated /spent time to code fixes or updates for because I wanted to suuport them or I happen to like them...........

just trying to offer a few helpful hints here not step on the Univ Mol dev's toes...........  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Haha typical cinn! don't worry, it is your thread anyways Cheesy
legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
just trying to offer a few helpful hints here not step on the Univ Mol dev's toes...........  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Haha typical cinn! don't worry, it is your thread anyways Cheesy
legendary
Are you running the latest release of Electron for windows (I guess we are on win here correct me if I am wrong)

It is here

https://github.com/Electron-Coin2014/Electron-ELT/releases/tag/0.8.9.4a

I compiled it and tested it on various win machines, virtual and normal, at least 10 different machines............. I take building good wallets seriously

While reindexing if something got corrupt is a solution......... I wonder how this happened in the first place...

I have spent a lot of time making sure the clients released are error free..... please let me know how it goes......

If still having issues please post error log file from rpc console ......... you can put it here or on the electron coin thread and I may have a better idea what happened.  

Sorry you are having problems.

offtopic sort of.......... the univ mol client is same from initial release, (I think one release several months ago was done with just a checkpoint)

Should be tight although the developer of that coin built all the release versions not me.

I use a wallet I built myself but if it worked before on that computer for you I wonder what happened.......

My advice is back up your wallets on something other than that particular pc......

Let us know how this works out and we will help you !!

EDIT 1   If you are going to use the repair wallet command and it does not work our lead dev bluedragon747 built the python wallet repair program for the blake family, and it works well......... it is on the blake coin thread..........   

Another option that may be labor intensive if you have a lot of addresses is to use

listaddressgroupings

from rpc console and then dump the private key for each,  then import into a new wallet...................... 

that is a guaranteed way to repair a wallet but can take a half hour of copy and pasting them if you used many addresses... ect.....

Can't remember for sure if I have seen this error at some point.  May be related to the leveldb version.  

Have you try re-indexing the blocks?
Command prompt: Go to where your electron-qt.exe file is located.  Instead of typing electron-qt.exe to launch the client, type "electron-qt.exe -reindex" and it will launch the client and reindex all the blocks.  

Alternatively, in windows, right click the client icon.  Click copy.  Then click paste shortcut.  Then right click the shortcut icon.  Click properties. in the target field, add -reindex to the end of the commands.  

If reindex doesn't work, we can try the 0.8.9.1 version of electron-qt to see if that solves the problem.
legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
[...] Universal Molecule v0.8.14.1-g8c5e74e-beta

I'm the UMO dev, that's exactly the same version i have running on my development machine. Have you tested copying your wallet.dat to a secure place, and then creating a new wallet? sometimes that happens with other coins, however it hasn't happened to me with any of the blake family coins.

You could also try a repair wallet procedure, but only after testing what i told you.
Activity: 521
Merit: 100
Can't remember for sure if I have seen this error at some point.  May be related to the leveldb version. 

Have you try re-indexing the blocks?
Command prompt: Go to where your electron-qt.exe file is located.  Instead of typing electron-qt.exe to launch the client, type "electron-qt.exe -reindex" and it will launch the client and reindex all the blocks. 

Alternatively, in windows, right click the client icon.  Click copy.  Then click paste shortcut.  Then right click the shortcut icon.  Click properties. in the target field, add -reindex to the end of the commands. 

If reindex doesn't work, we can try the 0.8.9.1 version of electron-qt to see if that solves the problem.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Sorry for a bit of misinformation. Searched "universal molecule bitcointalk" on Google and clicked the first link Smiley Did not notice the thread is for Photon. My photon wallet works fine.

However, the problem is with Universal Molecule and Electron. Running Win7 64bit Ultimate, wallet versions are Electron: v0.8.9.4-g8c5e74e-beta and Universal Molecule v0.8.14.1-g8c5e74e-beta

If anyone has any ideas what to do, I'd be more than glad to hear them.
Pages:
Jump to: