Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PHO Photon blake256- MERGE MINE 6 COINS- NO PREMINE - POW ONLY 4+ YRS - page 23. (Read 99194 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
Is there any Twitter or Telegram? I want to update news
How do you get the wallet to sync? Or is this coin dead?

The wallet sync's just fine here is a list of nodes. Coin is not dead, Dev's are quietly working on project

addnode=104.156.255.123
addnode=104.238.177.36
addnode=108.170.1.134
addnode=128.73.26.7
addnode=144.217.67.68
addnode=146.185.135.24
addnode=176.9.78.10
addnode=192.241.188.98
addnode=24.1.132.19
addnode=31.28.211.183
addnode=37.112.168.103
addnode=45.32.69.42
addnode=68.149.8.107
addnode=75.109.110.77
addnode=76.113.99.93
addnode=76.169.57.92
addnode=79.118.104.177
addnode=80.220.152.209
addnode=91.152.121.68
addnode=94.130.14.168
addnode=97.107.100.40

This appealed to me because of the possibility of mining it with my PC's CPU. Actually, I'm new to mining and this could be a starter for me.
But your post is too tchnival for me to understand. Could you help me with the steps?

Sorry to sound simplistic, what's the purpose of the coin?

cpu mining on the blake256 merge mine is no longer worth it

Getting Started GPU mining --> http://la1.blakecoin.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted

Photon will be used as in game currency with BlakeCoin being the main currency. Development has been ongoing for years

Since the blake256-8rn aglo is extremely efficient, you would be able to mine while you game  Cool

Good place's to start
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annblc-blakecoin-blake-256-for-gpufpga-with-merged-mined-pools-stable-net-306894
https://blakecoin.org/
https://www.blakezone.com/

Activity: 331
Merit: 13
This appealed to me because of the possibility of mining it with my PC's CPU. Actually, I'm new to mining and this could be a starter for me.
But your post is too tchnival for me to understand. Could you help me with the steps?

Sorry to sound simplistic, what's the purpose of the coin?

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
in the coin are expected news, updates? Smiley
Doesn't look like anything much happening on github repo for this coin (surprise surprise)...but here's an interesting thought exercise for you:

Q: What tastes better than a Mai Thai?

A: A Mai Thai bought with somebody else's litoshis.

I had to sell a few too, but as for Mai Thais vs Wine, What is better than a free bottle in front of me?

Almost every coin should do well, and well made coins like this that have an honest developer lurking are a good bet.

Maybe somebody will reconnect all the blake coins and do something interesting with them. Bet on it.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
Doesn't look like anything much happening on github repo for this coin (surprise surprise)...but here's an interesting thought exercise for you:

Q: What tastes better than a Mai Thai?

A: A Mai Thai bought with somebody else's litoshis.
Activity: 534

Maybe later way down the road hardware wallet support for trezor & nano  Grin

That would be the nuclear response to developing any coin.

Maybe we can get North Korea to make a hardware wallet for Photon?

Any suggestions or requested upgrades welcome,

Glad to see you are still updating the wallet.

On the network right now there are people using 0.8.9.1, 0.8.9.3, 0.8.9.5 and 0.8.9.6. Probably good to make sure everybody has access to the latest code regardless of machine.

Going through the last few months https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pho/#!overview there doesn't seem to be the problem a lot of coins have had of big gaps in mining. Every day there seems to be roughly 3 or 4 hundred blocks, more or less. But considering this is a small coin still, and considering so many small coins have been hijacked, it might be good to come up with some way to keep the network secure.

Everything seems to look okay otherwise.

People who whine about 'why doesn't the dev do this or that' or 'why isn't there a website' need to realize that crypto is not fiat. The dev is not some country or oligarch. If somebody makes a website then a website will exist. Complaining about why somebody else is not making a website really makes no sense.
Activity: 518
Merit: 261
merge minin run only with blake256 coins
Activity: 396
Merit: 106
When I do't have the GPU doing anything I turned GPU mining back on. But by design The blake family coins are meant to be mined while the GPU is busy.

I am able able to play Some steam MMO games fullscreen just fine with the blake coin miner running.
What is your miner software? Sound like you haven't put the GPU miner to the max.
Activity: 336
Would you be willing to buy a sealed bonnet car?
Hello PHOTON team.

I'm happy to announce that your coin has been listed to ItalYiiMP 2.0 for mining,

to get paid in PHO just set c=PHO as password in your configuration.

As an additional service, the explorer is available at the address http://italyiimp.com/explorer

Visit http://italyiimp.com.

Best regards.

Bitfawkes.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
I am interested in the concept offered by this REAL project, I will invite my friend to invest a bit here and support the real project. Good luck!
What is this merge mining compatible with? Can it be done with bitcoin?

Bitcoin uses sha256d hash function while Photon uses blake256 hash function so they can not be merge mined together  Grin

There are three merge mine pools setup by BlueDragon747

ny2.blakecoin.com

la1.blakecoin.com

eu3.blakecoin.com

You will be able to merge mine this coin along with BlakeCoin, Lithium, BlakeBitcoin, Electron & Universal Molecule

With merge mine you are not mining each separately, all are mined at same time using the same hash. That's the whole beauty of it all, the auxchains are a bonus it does not cost any extra from a miner to mine. Cool
Activity: 3
Blocknet Decentralized exchange is already operating and doing atomic swaps. As photon is only available through cryptopia perhaps it is worth the Devs of photon looking to get listed on blocknet. Can only be a positive thing. BLOCKNET hasn't even flapped its wings yet and already people are slowly realising the gravity of what they have achieved. It just launched its new UI too.. I think it's well worth taking a look at it as an option and photon getting listed early and traded. It would be a huge boost to photon. My 2 cents worth.

Activity: 3
Hi all.

Excuse me if I am confused here. But I can't see a website for photon, a Mac wallet doesn't seem to exist, and there is very little activity, updates, marketing or information floating around. Am I missing something or looking in the wrong places?

I love the name of this coin and the logo is pretty cool. Surely with a bit of a push, creating a solid image and generating a solid presence photon could really do some great things and a buzz started.
Activity: 518
Merit: 261
Hello all, several months back I updated the code on github without releasing a new client just with checkpoints and one or two minor bug fixes..    glad to see we have some visitors still here,

Merged mining is the future,  photon was the first alt coin other than namecoin and other btc children to ever exist !

Photon's parent blakecoin is running very strong,  i think soon photon's blockchain is headed for 4 years running in Jan 18   I've been involved in many other non crypto related projects which are tying up soon

If anyone wants to join the team and can brew up some worthwhile code I and I am sure bluedragon747 would welcome you ...... updated items i may look at next are directions /changes to get photon to build on newer versions of linux ,  it builds fine but i need to update the directions and code on github

I have not used /tested any clients on windows 10,  guess i may need to do that !!

I had previously started multi sig capability and may look to get that tested and enabled

I still want to speak to bluedragon747 about any plans he had for changing /updating the codebase

I guess a few dream tweaks would be enabling 'atomic swaps'

With all the scams and ico in crypto world these days I am proud to be involved wtih a project who's honesty had stood the test of time....

Thanks all more info when I have something to report

still good to give some news, thanks dev ,
so you are again onboard and try to develop the eco system?

I would also like to see atomic swaps working for the blake256 family.

Maybe later way down the road hardware wallet support for trezor & nano  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Hello all, several months back I updated the code on github without releasing a new client just with checkpoints and one or two minor bug fixes..    glad to see we have some visitors still here,

Merged mining is the future,  photon was the first alt coin other than namecoin and other btc children to ever exist !

Photon's parent blakecoin is running very strong,  i think soon photon's blockchain is headed for 4 years running in Jan 18   I've been involved in many other non crypto related projects which are tying up soon

If anyone wants to join the team and can brew up some worthwhile code I and I am sure bluedragon747 would welcome you ...... updated items i may look at next are directions /changes to get photon to build on newer versions of linux ,  it builds fine but i need to update the directions and code on github

I have not used /tested any clients on windows 10,  guess i may need to do that !!

I had previously started multi sig capability and may look to get that tested and enabled

I still want to speak to bluedragon747 about any plans he had for changing /updating the codebase

With all the scams and ico in crypto world these days I am proud to be involved wtih a project who's honesty had stood the test of time....

Thanks all more info when I have something to report
Activity: 336
Would you be willing to buy a sealed bonnet car?
Hello PHOTON team,

I'm happy to announce that your coin has been listed to ItalYiiMP 2.0 for mining,

to get paid in PHO just set c=PHO as password in your configuration.

visit italyiimp.com.

best regards.

bitfawkes
Pages:
Jump to: