Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PHO Photon blake256- MERGE MINE 6 COINS- NO PREMINE - POW ONLY 4+ YRS - page 6. (Read 99157 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0
Hi ! Photon is available on LycheeBit.
Happy mining Smiley

Mining Photon with blakecoin algo :

• Stratum  : lycheebit.com:5743
  • User     : YOUR_PHO_ADDRESS
  • Password : c=PHO

LycheeBit info :

Mining software :

Examples of command line :

• Nvidia   : ccminer.exe -a blakecoin -o stratum+tcp://lycheebit.com:5743 -u BaytiYSHgjsLyTTGBxh8UR9qNREx5y4eJY -p c=PHO
  • AMD      : sgminer.exe --algorithm blakecoin -o stratum+tcp://lycheebit.com:5743 -u BaytiYSHgjsLyTTGBxh8UR9qNREx5y4eJY -p c=PHO

Peers list :

• addnode=107.172.198.205:35556
  • addnode=165.227.200.255:35556
  • addnode=18.217.105.207:35556
  • addnode=147.135.191.162:35556
  • addnode=5.9.24.113:35556
  • addnode=100.12.240.119:35556
  • addnode=162.243.101.139:35556
  • addnode=107.170.219.99:35556
  • addnode=176.9.19.86:35556
  • addnode=188.83.90.146:35556
  • addnode=109.105.40.15:35556
  • addnode=91.152.121.68:35556
  • addnode=24.184.180.228:35556
  • addnode=[2001:0:9d38:6ab8:3c21:261c:5d1b:1d0c]:35556
  • addnode=[2001:0:5ef5:79fb:10e8:2ea:bb3e:bced]:35556
Very cool to see another pool for pho popping up.  I went ahead and gave it a go with my mid-range Asus gaming laptop and was finally able to land a single share after ~45 minutes of hashing :/
Obviously not going to be earning enough to support the network this way sadly :/

I am curious.  Is photon mining difficulty soaring as of late because of all of these (blake2b) based ASIC's that Bitmain and those other guys are flooding the market with?  Or does blake2b differ from blake256 substantially enough that units like the Antminer A8 won't work?
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Hi ! Photon is available on LycheeBit.
Happy mining Smiley

Mining Photon with blakecoin algo :

• Stratum  : lycheebit.com:5743
  • User     : YOUR_PHO_ADDRESS
  • Password : c=PHO

LycheeBit info :

Mining software :

Examples of command line :

• Nvidia   : ccminer.exe -a blakecoin -o stratum+tcp://lycheebit.com:5743 -u BaytiYSHgjsLyTTGBxh8UR9qNREx5y4eJY -p c=PHO
  • AMD      : sgminer.exe --algorithm blakecoin -o stratum+tcp://lycheebit.com:5743 -u BaytiYSHgjsLyTTGBxh8UR9qNREx5y4eJY -p c=PHO

Peers list :

• addnode=107.172.198.205:35556
  • addnode=165.227.200.255:35556
  • addnode=18.217.105.207:35556
  • addnode=147.135.191.162:35556
  • addnode=5.9.24.113:35556
  • addnode=100.12.240.119:35556
  • addnode=162.243.101.139:35556
  • addnode=107.170.219.99:35556
  • addnode=176.9.19.86:35556
  • addnode=188.83.90.146:35556
  • addnode=109.105.40.15:35556
  • addnode=91.152.121.68:35556
  • addnode=24.184.180.228:35556
  • addnode=[2001:0:9d38:6ab8:3c21:261c:5d1b:1d0c]:35556
  • addnode=[2001:0:5ef5:79fb:10e8:2ea:bb3e:bced]:35556
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
where to mine it >
any pool ?

info on my pools and all the wallet links etc can be found here https://blakecoin.org/merged-mining/

and http://zpool.ca/ also worth checking out if you just want a btc payout
Activity: 6
where to mine it >
any pool ?
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
I criticised this coin and BlueDragon in the past but after taking time to understand the concept, I must admit I was so wrong about Photon and and its purpose. BlueDragon, my sincere apology for getting you wrong. I wish you and the rest team members best wishes. Good luck to all the stakeholders. Peace!
Activity: 2646
Merit: 550
30 BTC buy order at 2 Sat.  This is going to be interesting to watch.
Hmm. So I'm gonna bring up the elephant in the room about this coin. Anyone else notice the massive sell orders at 2 sats? Wouldn't it be nice for everyone who put a sell order at 2 sats to maybe, you know, remove it... lol.

yes its lame  Cry
Being late to the pho party I have to respectfully disagree with this one Smiley

Snatchin up coins as quick as I can JIC pho ever does push beyond 2 sat's.  at 2 satoshi's, assuming all coins where in circulation, pho would be looking at ~1,800BTC market cap (pretty respectable imho).  Anybody have any mining distribution timeline curve fancy chart kinda thing available for pho?
No, no fancy charts. About 5 billion photons a year for the next 12 years until 90 billion
Good stuff, thanks
Activity: 11
Merit: 9
Hmm. So I'm gonna bring up the elephant in the room about this coin. Anyone else notice the massive sell orders at 2 sats? Wouldn't it be nice for everyone who put a sell order at 2 sats to maybe, you know, remove it... lol.

yes its lame  Cry
Being late to the pho party I have to respectfully disagree with this one Smiley

Snatchin up coins as quick as I can JIC pho ever does push beyond 2 sat's.  at 2 satoshi's, assuming all coins where in circulation, pho would be looking at ~1,800BTC market cap (pretty respectable imho).  Anybody have any mining distribution timeline curve fancy chart kinda thing available for pho?
No, no fancy charts. About 5 billion photons a year for the next 12 years until 90 billion

yes its lame  Cry

Activity: 294
Merit: 101
there will be no changes until bluedragooon still here. he is acting like a smal kim jong ill II
. Nice work bluedragoon, even photonteamd run away now Smiley
Activity: 2
I bought this coin, just because my scanner got me in. but now,... what a shame, so many people involved, for so many years, and  not able to resolve quietly internal problems.
At least, do it for the sake of the community, guys. I'm out till I see some progress

wish good luck and patience for everyone, hold on, be brave, and learn from these mistakes  Cheesy
legendary
Solutions Architect

yes its lame  Cry
Activity: 31
legendary
Solutions Architect
In celebration of Photon's 4th Birthday running events over next few weeks via twitter go check it out

https://twitter.com/BLCUpdates/status/961645287390396416
Just got my full node up and running under an old win10 laptop.  Blockchain downloaded in full in < 6 hours (~1.10 GB in size).  Transfers into and out of wallet are quick as lightnin.

lol..photon lightning network..yeah that's it!!
Activity: 11
Merit: 9
A short history of a few things that might fill in afew details of anyone interested:

The idea for merged mining was proposed by Satoshi Nakamoto
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28696

It was first used with Bitcoin + Namecoin then others (some of which were ‘killed’ ) including ixcoin, iocoun & dev coin. These five were sha2 coins mined with btc as the parent & the other five as aux chains.

In late 2013 BlueDragon launched Blake Coin. At that time other alt coins were basically clones of btc & ltc mostly (or nova coin & ppc). I was mining early and impressed with the specs of Blake 256.

Other algo alt coins start launching. Later it was identified by a few ‘unique’ items in the code they actually ‘copied’ BlakeCoin without credit to BlueDragon. (I am not going to mention names of coins but there were a few & some are still around)

I had a bit of experience at running /cloning/ working on alt coins at that time (those projects of mine are long retired) and BlueDragon and I discussed collaberation on what became Photon. I cloned his code for Blake Coin with a few changes and Photon was launched late Feb 2014. At launch Photon was NOT merge mined and BlueDragon put together the first pool for Photon.

Soon after much testing BlueDragon commited changes to Photon’s code and a hardfork was done to make Photon an aux chain of BlakeCoin using the same concepts that had worked for the sha2 aux chains with btc.

Other members of the Blake256 family were launched successfully and these were merge mined from their launch.

I hope this fills in a few gaps for new people.

I would like to stress that the Blake family of coins did not invent merged mining although we were the first non sha 2
algo to make it work. Merged mining works very well with 8 round blake 256 and in theory many more chains can work meaning we are no where near our limit for future capacity or expansion. 

Myself and many other people have done a lot of work on Photon and the other Children (Umo , B + , Lithium, & Electron) and no coins were premined. Check the exact times of launch and cross match them with the block explorers to verify this for yourself. Coins owned by anyone (including anyone on the development team) were mined or purchased on exchanges. 

The costs and time for running nodes and other things have been paid out of pocket by the other asst. developers like myself. In addition to running nodes Bluedragon has paid the hosting for blakecoin org and all the merged pools vm hosting expenses (at a loss) PLUS run the pools. Pools mine 24/7 so he has not had a day off in 4 years and has certainly the largest out of pocket expenses of any of us. Many volunteers & community members have sponsered Photon & the other coins for various things. I have never paid an exchange or an external block explorer. I am greatful for whoever has done this and to all the exchanges who ever listed photon. I am also greatful to all miners and other community members who have helped promote this family of coins.

I am happy there are new miners and talented new people who contributed a lovely community website

SEE HERE https://www.photoncc.com

I do urge caution with anyone getting over zealous.

For example unless you are coding it and testing it yourself saying Photon has Electrum clients or mobile wallets ready to release next month is just not true. Open source projects mean anyone can make suggestions to the maintainers for changes in the code if they follow the official process or can fork the code and run their own unapproved changes to code that do not violate the license. See here for more information https://opensource.com/resources/what-open-source

Stating there is an ‘airdrop’ {meaning anyone with private keys from a specific blockchain can import them into a client and receive photon after such & such a date} is not true.

I’ve read on Twitter that Photon has been incorperated into CounterStrike & other video games besides Blake Zone (where it would purchase ammo) I have not had a chance to test these out yet but believe them to be true.

Finally there are no/zero plans to change any original specs of Photon.

This includes changing how many coins were mined, how many will be mined, the proof of work algo ect.
I am not concerned if asic technology mines blake 256 family coins. Since we had FPGA at the lauch of Blake Coin this was planned for years ago. I have yet to see a proof of stake system that works without centralized checkpointing and can solve the Byzantine Generals problem. Even if such a system existed (and I highly doubt it will) Photon will remain proof of work.

Please consider carefully what I’ve written here. Understand I have worked with Bluedragon a long time and could not have done this without his work & support (although he could have done this without me) .  I hope moving ahead we can release things first that exist and talk about things in development that are real. If any of you have ever tried to convert something like say loaf wallet mobile wallet for litecoin for ios or android to work with a project like this I think you will understand the challenges are more than ‘just’ a mastery of swift or java.

I hope this clears a few things up. If you are still interested in the project awesome and if not I understand.
Thanks to all.

Couldn't agree more. You, Chig, and Blue have my full support!
Activity: 123
really cheap pickup at the moment.

following
Definitely interested.  Thanks for the great synopsis cinnamon and also bluedragon for the point by point clarification.  Pretty obvious neither of these guys has any interest in the short term take the money and run scenario all to prevalent in the crypto scene today.  Though I'm not privy to the gaming limited beta @ present, I'm picking up a few more pho's as I can from their slow and steady perspective.

Keep up the good work yall.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
A short history of a few things that might fill in afew details of anyone interested:

The idea for merged mining was proposed by Satoshi Nakamoto
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28696

It was first used with Bitcoin + Namecoin then others (some of which were ‘killed’ ) including ixcoin, iocoun & dev coin. These five were sha2 coins mined with btc as the parent & the other five as aux chains.

In late 2013 BlueDragon launched Blake Coin. At that time other alt coins were basically clones of btc & ltc mostly (or nova coin & ppc). I was mining early and impressed with the specs of Blake 256.

Other algo alt coins start launching. Later it was identified by a few ‘unique’ items in the code they actually ‘copied’ BlakeCoin without credit to BlueDragon. (I am not going to mention names of coins but there were a few & some are still around)

I had a bit of experience at running /cloning/ working on alt coins at that time (those projects of mine are long retired) and BlueDragon and I discussed collaberation on what became Photon. I cloned his code for Blake Coin with a few changes and Photon was launched late Feb 2014. At launch Photon was NOT merge mined and BlueDragon put together the first pool for Photon.

Soon after much testing BlueDragon commited changes to Photon’s code and a hardfork was done to make Photon an aux chain of BlakeCoin using the same concepts that had worked for the sha2 aux chains with btc.

Other members of the Blake256 family were launched successfully and these were merge mined from their launch.

I hope this fills in a few gaps for new people.

I would like to stress that the Blake family of coins did not invent merged mining although we were the first non sha 2
algo to make it work. Merged mining works very well with 8 round blake 256 and in theory many more chains can work meaning we are no where near our limit for future capacity or expansion. 

Myself and many other people have done a lot of work on Photon and the other Children (Umo , B + , Lithium, & Electron) and no coins were premined. Check the exact times of launch and cross match them with the block explorers to verify this for yourself. Coins owned by anyone (including anyone on the development team) were mined or purchased on exchanges. 

The costs and time for running nodes and other things have been paid out of pocket by the other asst. developers like myself. In addition to running nodes Bluedragon has paid the hosting for blakecoin org and all the merged pools vm hosting expenses (at a loss) PLUS run the pools. Pools mine 24/7 so he has not had a day off in 4 years and has certainly the largest out of pocket expenses of any of us. Many volunteers & community members have sponsered Photon & the other coins for various things. I have never paid an exchange or an external block explorer. I am greatful for whoever has done this and to all the exchanges who ever listed photon. I am also greatful to all miners and other community members who have helped promote this family of coins.

I am happy there are new miners and talented new people who contributed a lovely community website

SEE HERE https://www.photoncc.com

I do urge caution with anyone getting over zealous.

For example unless you are coding it and testing it yourself saying Photon has Electrum clients or mobile wallets ready to release next month is just not true. Open source projects mean anyone can make suggestions to the maintainers for changes in the code if they follow the official process or can fork the code and run their own unapproved changes to code that do not violate the license. See here for more information https://opensource.com/resources/what-open-source

Stating there is an ‘airdrop’ {meaning anyone with private keys from a specific blockchain can import them into a client and receive photon after such & such a date} is not true.

I’ve read on Twitter that Photon has been incorperated into CounterStrike & other video games besides Blake Zone (where it would purchase ammo) I have not had a chance to test these out yet but believe them to be true.

Finally there are no/zero plans to change any original specs of Photon.

This includes changing how many coins were mined, how many will be mined, the proof of work algo ect.
I am not concerned if asic technology mines blake 256 family coins. Since we had FPGA at the lauch of Blake Coin this was planned for years ago. I have yet to see a proof of stake system that works without centralized checkpointing and can solve the Byzantine Generals problem. Even if such a system existed (and I highly doubt it will) Photon will remain proof of work.

Please consider carefully what I’ve written here. Understand I have worked with Bluedragon a long time and could not have done this without his work & support (although he could have done this without me) .  I hope moving ahead we can release things first that exist and talk about things in development that are real. If any of you have ever tried to convert something like say loaf wallet mobile wallet for litecoin for ios or android to work with a project like this I think you will understand the challenges are more than ‘just’ a mastery of swift or java.

I hope this clears a few things up. If you are still interested in the project awesome and if not I understand.
Thanks to all.
Activity: 27
"popcorn.gif"

I'll give the management team a bit of credit for helping me make a decent return on my mining, It could have been quite a bit bigger if cryptopia didn't suspend ltc trading when they did, but anyone could see that photon was never going to be a big coin.  The sheer volume of coins pretty much made sure of that. 
The whole Blake ecosystem of merge mined coins is pretty interesting to me and some of the in-game transaction concept is pretty interesting as well.  If it's incorporated into the game itself and can be used as a wager between teams it's pretty awesome.  That doesn't change that the coin could never really be valued at more than 1 or 2 sats in the long run because with block rewards as large as they are there is a never ending supply being constantly dumped on exchanges. 
You see it all the time with coins that have a low value and a huge supply where people are coming in and buying a few, trying to create a hype around it to drive up the price and then offloading what they bought.  I guess it can be good because it gives the coin some attention for a period of time, but at the same time it could be bad because after it crashes you end up with a lot of pissed off people either dumping at a loss or forgetting that they have a bunch of coins and they're left with a bad taste in their mouth.

it could still grow however as marketcap is still very low given the number of coins.
sure, the number of coins will literally double in 4 years, but at 2sat ea, that still brings the marketcap to merely $6 million, or even if the price is 20x at 40sat, that makes it still a reasonable $60 million-$120 million.
comparable to other gaming-related coins. I do suggest finding a way to reduce coin counts in the long run because it really will cap growth if the price ever starts to go up.

but firstly they need to stop the fighting.
argue with each other over the internet all day and nothing good would come of it. Neither side is going to yield and apologize or whatever...settle your differences privately and move-on.
fork the coin if you have to.   

The management team has the group of people necessary to get something done I suggest simply starting your coin or make a deadcoin alive and great again.

Pages:
Jump to: