Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PointPay - new home for CeFi. Earn 30% APR on PXP in our Crypto Bank - page 47. (Read 11325 times)

Activity: 599
Merit: 100
PointPay.io
Hey. Your project looks very useful . Do you plan bounty company or airdrop ? I would like to be a part of your project and promote it .

Hope to launch the PointPay Bounty Progtam next week. We will let you know. Stay tuned to the news.
Activity: 81
Merit: 2
How will your exchange platform solve the problem of volume and liquidity? This is very important in exchange.

We are currently negotiating with a few cryptocurrency and fiat liquidity providers who render this kind of services in the cryptocurrency market. This is a necessary step to be taken for a new exchange platform. It will take a considerable amount of time in order to accumulate significant liquidity reserves to meet in the future large traders' needs.

What's so important about liquidity anyway? As long as there is volume and a lot are trading done within that specific exchange then its easy to say that it will be part of the top 10 exchanges. Just like Binance, they have very good volume.

Better read more about the definition of liquidity mate so you will know how important it is. Liquidity is described as how quickly a product or asset can be quickly bought or sold in the market without affecting the asset's price. Liquidity is defined as the ability of an asset to be converted into cash, on demand, without any difficulty.

Don't think your answer is perfectly correct especially concerning the crypto market that is more about converting crypto to crypto rather than crypto to fiat.
A lot of jurisdictions banned cryptocurrencies so that it's illegal to conduct financial transactions with them. Is bitcoin a liquid asset? Yes, it is. But only when it is converted to another crypto. Once you try to convert bitcoin into cash (US dollar, for instance), you will encounter a lot of troubles and will likely go to the localbitcoins platform that permits offline exchanges without participation of banks that will be interested in the source of funds in your account.

Think it over both, folks.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Hey. Your project looks very useful . Do you plan bounty company or airdrop ? I would like to be a part of your project and promote it .

The same question! Very interesting project. Wanna join your bounty!
PointPay.io
I see you are working on development of crypto wallet with SPV technology. That's awesome! But I wonder if you are going to make a wallet back-up function for the web version. That really concerns me as a few days ago I lost an access to my Ledger Nano S wallet due to a firware update trouble.
Hardware wallets gained a poor reputation from my side after such an issue happened.  

We are feeling sorry for this!

PointPay is going to integrate simplified payment verification technology for mobile and desktop devices in the future.
Activity: 379
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
How will your exchange platform solve the problem of volume and liquidity? This is very important in exchange.

We are currently negotiating with a few cryptocurrency and fiat liquidity providers who render this kind of services in the cryptocurrency market. This is a necessary step to be taken for a new exchange platform. It will take a considerable amount of time in order to accumulate significant liquidity reserves to meet in the future large traders' needs.

What's so important about liquidity anyway? As long as there is volume and a lot are trading done within that specific exchange then its easy to say that it will be part of the top 10 exchanges. Just like Binance, they have very good volume.

Better read more about the definition of liquidity mate so you will know how important it is. Liquidity is described as how quickly a product or asset can be quickly bought or sold in the market without affecting the asset's price. Liquidity is defined as the ability of an asset to be converted into cash, on demand, without any difficulty.
Activity: 32

Activity: 96
Read the top of this thread... The project looks useless. Sorry but IMO it is

Anyway, guys have presented minimum viable products and keep working on full versions of them. Haven't seen any project that was trying to build a full ecosystem yet. Seems like the idea is to make the token a gas unit to render internal services.    

it would be better to do with a native token, not with an erc-20 one ..

The largest exchange, Binance, has just recently gone through a swap from erc-20 BNB token to their native coin. It will be feasible a bit later for a start-up, you know. 

Anyway, guys have presented minimum viable products and keep working on full versions of them. Haven't seen any project that was trying to build a full ecosystem yet. Seems like the idea is to make the token a gas unit to render internal services.   
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
Activity: 574
for a banking cryptocurrency soft cap I think is too small. it is necessary for the development of this product at least 3 mln $.

actually, $ 1 million is a good amount to start a business in the form of banking. but in any case, the team does not start with empty pockets
Activity: 560
Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!
for a banking cryptocurrency soft cap I think is too small. it is necessary for the development of this product at least 3 mln $.
We have attended Malta AI & Blockchain Summit! See our thoughts and impressions in the article below!

"The crucial moment for the public was a dispute for $ 10,000. Roger promised to present this amount of funds to Tone on the following terms. Tone sends a BTC transaction equal to $ 5 with one satoshi per byte fee. This is, by the way, a standard fee for BCH transactions. If Tone’s transaction will be confirmed within 24 hours, Roger gives him $ 10,000. The transaction was finally confirmed in ten hours. Nevertheless, experts noticed that the transaction was manually added to the block by one of the mining pools. The explicit goal of this action was to help Tone Ways to win the dispute.
Who won the dispute, after all?"

The pool probably decided to reach a sharing agreement for a prize of $10,000 with Tone, 50/50.  Grin
Activity: 233
I see you are working on development of crypto wallet with SPV technology. That's awesome! But I wonder if you are going to make a wallet back-up function for the web version. That really concerns me as a few days ago I lost an access to my Ledger Nano S wallet due to a firware update trouble.
Hardware wallets gained a poor reputation from my side after such an issue happened.   

Anyone who use mobile wallets?
I think it is very dangerous.

not really. I'm currently using Coolwallet, a hardware wallet which provides a 2 factor auth. So the only time your funds are at risk is if, they have your phone, and they have the card itself + your fingerprint. Comparing that to other desktop wallets which I find more dangerous. Even one of the upcoming projects partnered with them to make their own hardware wallet in where the users can store their digital collectibles together with other major coins. Though mobile wallets are still okay, Trust and Eidoo are good.

I've been using hardware Ledger Nano S wallet for 2 years. Used to think it's the most convenient and secure wallet in the cryptocurrency market now (24-word seed phrase for a back-up, for instance, and keeping a private key in the encrypted part of the wallet) since they obtained a Certification de Sécurité de Premier Niveau (First Level Security Certificate), until I decided to update the version of the firmware from 1.3.1 to 1.8.0 in order to use more than 5 currencies simultaneously (I'm an active trader). The updation process is stuck. I can't use my wallet anymore. It turned out to be a common issue. The Ledger team could at least leave a warning note about this challenge in the account of a desktop version in order to avoid this difficulty in the future. As far as I understand, it's not workable anymore, as those ways undertaken to tackle the issue (based on their advice and users' help) completely failed.

Now, I have to use a Coinomi wallet, since they support BIP32 layout for 24-word seed phrase for the recovery. It's inconvenient and doesn't have a user-friendly interface for customers though.  

I would like to continue using my Ledger wallet, but I'm not ready to give them another $100-150. It's a disaster.  

Totally devastated.  Sad

PointPay.io

We have attended Malta AI & Blockchain Summit! See our thoughts and impressions in the article below!

"The spring summit in Malta, known as “Blockchain Island”, became for the PointPay Team another successful opportunity to share experience with colleagues. It was a pleasure to immerse ourselves into a truly unique atmosphere created by progressive-minded crypto-enthusiasts. The event brought together about 5,500 participants, among which was also the Joseph Muscat, Prime Minister of Malta. He is known for his advanced views and firmly convinced of the great promise of blockchain technologies.
We were thrilled to see Tim Draper and Roger Ver again. Their performances always attract the audience attention. The latter one traditionally surprised the participants with his unshakable confidence stating that the penetration of cryptocurrencies in all spheres of everyday life is a matter not of a nearest future.
At the same time, “Bitcoin-Jesus” demonstrated remarkable awareness in everything that concerns the current state of the cryptocurrency market. The culmination was his discussion with analyst and trader Tone Ways. Roger Ver argued that BTC does not stand up to competition with BCH. He motivated it primarily with the high cost of transactions.
His opponent, in turn, assured that such technical solutions as Lightning Network and SegWit allow sending small bitcoin transactions without having to pay high fees.
The crucial moment for the public was a dispute for $ 10,000. Roger promised to present this amount of funds to Tone on the following terms. Tone sends a BTC transaction equal to $ 5 with one satoshi per byte fee. This is, by the way, a standard fee for BCH transactions. If Tone’s transaction will be confirmed within 24 hours, Roger gives him $ 10,000. The transaction was finally confirmed in ten hours. Nevertheless, experts noticed that the transaction was manually added to the block by one of the mining pools. The explicit goal of this action was to help Tone Ways to win the dispute.
Who won the dispute, after all?"
Activity: 170
Since there will be an exchange platform, any idea what pairings will be available and will the fees be lesser compared to other exchange platform? And what is your advantage to other top exchanges like Binance, Liquid and Kucoin?

Initially, trading fees will be reduced almost to zero to attract as many traders from other exchange platforms as possible. Trading pairs currently available are the following: ETH/BTC, BTC/USDT, BNB/BTC, ETH/USDT, LTC/USDT, TRX/USDT. Mainly, creation of new trading pairs will depend on the whole market trading volumes and the community demand. PXP token holders will obtaing the right to vote for emerging this ot that trading pair.  
Unlike Binance, we are going to provide stacking-based profit sharing model of paying dividends to token holders, who store PXP tokens directly on the PointPay Crypto Exchange to make the PXP token like a store of value. We're already working on this.  
Unlike KuCoin, we have an intention to provide leveraged marginal trading to our customers to make more profit.

That's interesting. You guys provide a lot of advantages in trading. I will be looking out for more advancements and news about the exchange platform that you guys are trying to develop. Hoping for a successful tokensale.
Activity: 38
PointPay.io
Since there will be an exchange platform, any idea what pairings will be available and will the fees be lesser compared to other exchange platform? And what is your advantage to other top exchanges like Binance, Liquid and Kucoin?

Initially, trading fees will be reduced almost to zero to attract as many traders from other exchange platforms as possible. Trading pairs currently available are the following: ETH/BTC, BTC/USDT, BNB/BTC, ETH/USDT, LTC/USDT, TRX/USDT. Mainly, creation of new trading pairs will depend on the whole market trading volumes and the community demand. PXP token holders will obtaing the right to vote for emerging this ot that trading pair.  
Unlike Binance, we are going to provide stacking-based profit sharing model of paying dividends to token holders, who store PXP tokens directly on the PointPay Crypto Exchange to make the PXP token like a store of value. We're already working on this.  
Unlike KuCoin, we have an intention to provide leveraged marginal trading to our customers to make more profit.
Activity: 170
PointPay.io
You are launching your cryptocurrency exchange and as well as crypto banking system, is your company already approved by your Central Bank to operate such business? Other than the company registration, I think you should get license also for operating a currency exchange.

Operating a cryptocurrency exchange and cryptocurrency wallet does not fall under the current United Kingdom legislation where the company has an official registartion.
Obtaining a full banking license that will let the company render banking services on legitimate grounds is provided for under the PointPay Legal and Compliance Roadmap provisions. According to them, PointPay is intended to get a banking license in the Cayman Islands.

See more details in the PointPay Ecosystem file.
Pages:
Jump to: