Author

Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT - page 252. (Read 277213 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Those on the alpha what is your impression of the program?

I would say the current version shows a :

Market Place Application based on a Database
+
A GUI Web-Front-End (in the making)
+
Integration of a standard "MyEtherWallet" which hold your PPTs
+
Integration of a Smartcontract (this is I would say is the main programm logic for trading and control) into the combination of a Market-Place/ Portofolio and the Wallet (Smartcontract pretty complicated as its look now but in a later stage I expect it will not shown anymore to the user - user will use the smartcontract over the GUI(not notice that he configures by his actions a smartcontract).
(Smartcontract & Standard-Wallet has the advantage if Populous is down, the smartcontract will be valid for ever, also the PPT is protected by the standard wallet on the crypto chain) - imho

Also I could find that PPT as promised by Populous will be used to buy Poken/Invoices, I could not find a hint that Fiat or other Crypto can be used for that   Grin Cool

Not a joke but this combination of functionality is the first time ever in the world (welcome at fintech) a company did this, this is groundbreaking and totaly new.
In german I would say this is a very "Geile" Software.  Grin Cool  (taking into consideration that lot of work was done, but also we are looking at a software in the making )

I expect market will react from monday, it was to late at friday for a strong reaction. Its not important anymore for me if price will react in August or September because in December PPT will be anyway at 0.5 to 1.5Ether.
Why so high ? Because most PPT will be on the trading platform(earning money), investors who want to buy PPT (attract by the high passive income) will fight for the leftover PPT which are on EtherDelta or other Cryptomarkets to find, driving price into the stratossphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFlGdiMXiiU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2BQpljuWHY

Hey Phase Shifter,
Are we supposed to be able to login and deposit test ETH and actually buy test invoices at this point or just check out the platform and the different views and functions...etc? I'm confused at this point as I thought we could and see nowhere to deposit my Ropsten test ETH to buy test PPT....any help please?

I came to the step to generate test ETH, then used the smart contract to generate test PPT with the "faucet" buildin function, my MEW shows now: 1e-7   PPT . From this point I stopped trying.
It would be good to get a test script from "DEV" how to use and test what is implemented currently. Lets see what Populous will provide. The current mainpoint is to test the smartcontract(this was told over twitter from Populous).

Thanks man
Activity: 305
Merit: 105

+
+
+
Integration of a Smartcontract (this is I would say is the main programm logic for trading and control) into the combination of a Market-Place/ Portofolio and the Wallet (Smartcontract pretty complicated as its look now but in a later stage I expect it will not shown anymore to the user - user will use the smartcontract over the GUI(not notice that he configures by his actions a smartcontract).
(Smartcontract & Standard-Wallet has the advantage if Populous is down, the smartcontract will be valid for ever, also the PPT is protected by the standard wallet on the crypto chain) - imho

Also I could find that PPT as promised by Populous will be used to buy Poken/Invoices, I could not find a hint that Fiat or other Crypto can be used for that   Grin Cool

Not a joke but this combination of functionality is the first time ever in the world (welcome at fintech) a company did this, this is groundbreaking and totaly new.
In german I would say this is a very "Geile" Software.  Grin Cool  (taking into consideration that lot of work was done, but also we are looking at a software in the making )

I expect market will react from monday, it was to late at friday for a strong reaction. Its not important anymore for me if price will react in August or September because in December PPT will be anyway at 0.5 to 1.5Ether.
Why so high ? Because most PPT will be on the trading platform(earning money), investors who want to buy PPT (attract by the high passive income) will fight for the leftover PPT which are on EtherDelta or other Cryptomarkets to find, driving price into the stratossphere.

Hey Phase Shifter,
Are we supposed to be able to login and deposit test ETH and actually buy test invoices at this point or just check out the platform and the different views and functions...etc? I'm confused at this point as I thought we could and see nowhere to deposit my Ropsten test ETH to buy test PPT....any help please?

I came to the step to generate test ETH, then used the smart contract to generate test PPT with the "faucet" buildin function, my MEW shows now: 1e-7   PPT . From this point I stopped trying.
It would be good to get a test script from "DEV" how to use and test what is implemented currently. Lets see what Populous will provide. The current mainpoint is to test the smartcontract(this was told over twitter from Populous):

nicowilliams484
Populous Alpha v0.0.1 - This is a prototype, showcasing the platform. The main focus of this initial test is the smart contracts, so don't pay much attention on issues with the web platform, try to hack the smart contracts. Make sure you don't use any real data and personal information while testing!

+
+
+

Hey Phase Shifter,

We'll probably get to that point over the coming days/weeks.

For now I think they're just looking for simple bugs and basic feedback.

They'll work up from there.

Cool. Thought I might be missing something on my end.

Activity: 144

+
+
+

Hey Phase Shifter,

We'll probably get to that point over the coming days/weeks.

For now I think they're just looking for simple bugs and basic feedback.

They'll work up from there.

+
+
+

Hey Phase Shifter,

Activity: 12
After I sell an invoice, who is responsible for enforcing payment of the invoice?
Activity: 9
If you're looking at the price before Populous goes live for any reason other than buying more PPT, you're in it for the wrong reasons. 

Step 1.) See price under $5
Step 2.) Buy more PPT
Step 3.) Wait for when Populous goes live
Step 4.) HuhHuh
Step 5.) Profit

+
+
+

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Markets do what you least expect short term. Long term PPT will hit multiples of current price AND it will hold those levels, not just pop. Those levels are required as the business builds up with the platform over time. You probably will see triple digits $ on the PPT price one day, so anything down around these prices are, in the long term, an absolute steal.

Of course, the higher price goes the more we can all make in the utility of the token (invoice factoring) rather than selling them. Who wants to sell a perpetual-passive-income-generating token anyway...??!

Right now it is silly little games in the market and means nothing... and there are lots of people invested who are way too emotional and way too inexperienced so they are watching every little move and getting happy on every little jump up and getting cynical on every little push down. This is the hallmark of a market noob. People were no doubt doing the same when BTC was $10 LOL!! Just hold tight and do not sell if you want to generate passive income months and years from now (as well as the ability to sell one day years down the line for MASSIVE gains - and I ain't talking 10x here... I'm talking BTC from $10 to "today" kinda returns).

Of course, I have to say this is all valid IF the company succeed with these plans and frankly, I think they will.

Wait until 2020 then look back at this post while the price was under $5. You will laugh.

Wise words

True words, two or three 100% bazooka days will kick out the range traders and they will miss the train.

We have both agreed with my Wife that POPULOUS is part of our pension plan. I know our holdings are not exactly massive but we are collecting the dumped coins, little by little, taking small bites off of the MERCATOX market day traders. I was too busy to check the Alpha site today but no doubt tomorrow will take a short look.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
That is very well explained and well drawn picture of the actual situation and this we see everyday where people are driven by their personal likes and dislikes and emotions. PPT is based on very solid concept and it just offered alpha version but who has vision can understand the hidden potential. Traders are the most worried guys those inexperienced and short termed goals seeker but they will disappoint and will let it grow healthier.
Markets do what you least expect short term. Long term PPT will hit multiples of current price AND it will hold those levels, not just pop. Those levels are required as the business builds up with the platform over time. You probably will see triple digits $ on the PPT price one day, so anything down around these prices are, in the long term, an absolute steal.

Of course, the higher price goes the more we can all make in the utility of the token (invoice factoring) rather than selling them. Who wants to sell a perpetual-passive-income-generating token anyway...??!

Right now it is silly little games in the market and means nothing... and there are lots of people invested who are way too emotional and way too inexperienced so they are watching every little move and getting happy on every little jump up and getting cynical on every little push down. This is the hallmark of a market noob. People were no doubt doing the same when BTC was $10 LOL!! Just hold tight and do not sell if you want to generate passive income months and years from now (as well as the ability to sell one day years down the line for MASSIVE gains - and I ain't talking 10x here... I'm talking BTC from $10 to "today" kinda returns).

Of course, I have to say this is all valid IF the company succeed with these plans and frankly, I think they will.

Wait until 2020 then look back at this post while the price was under $5. You will laugh.

Wise words

True words, two or three 100% bazooka days will kick out the range traders and they will miss the train.
Activity: 4

Wise words
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Activity: 770
Merit: 298
tozex.io
I just logged in successfully now. I couldn't log in when I tried a couple of hours ago. So maybe it will work for many other people now as well.  Is there any way to post a screenshot in this forum?

I will post a screenshot if there is interest and if you can do it in this forum.

you can use image button right below on the italic button ("I") and put the image links inside, your image will be shown after you posted it.
But i dunno if newbie can do it or not. Share your plain image links so others will see it on the other tabs might be other optional
Activity: 334
Merit: 100
Am surprised price is going down?

Actually that is very tricky move by big whales who tried to grab more and more after a working prototype so that is turning point where some people make their life and dump into just fake sell pressure. I will advise you just stay relax no need to take a panic decision.

Indeed, there are in it for a quick profit, try to get you to panic sell, just hodl longterm..

yeah just hold longterm for get price up  Roll Eyes

so and i .As soon as the price goes up everyone becomes happy.
Activity: 24
I just logged in successfully now. I couldn't log in when I tried a couple of hours ago. So maybe it will work for many other people now as well.  Is there any way to post a screenshot in this forum?

I will post a screenshot if there is interest and if you can do it in this forum.
Activity: 826
Merit: 303
Am surprised price is going down?

Actually that is very tricky move by big whales who tried to grab more and more after a working prototype so that is turning point where some people make their life and dump into just fake sell pressure. I will advise you just stay relax no need to take a panic decision.

Indeed, there are in it for a quick profit, try to get you to panic sell, just hodl longterm..

yeah just hold longterm for get price up  Roll Eyes
Anyone who has been on the platform successfully....not sure how to deposit Ropsten ETH and get started...a little confusing so far. Thx
Update. Went to bed a little bummed out I couldn't login but woke up this morning and I can login now! Time to start looking at it! 👍🏻
Jump to: