Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 126. (Read 748232 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Bter currently seeing over 10 BTC in volume right now
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
With the features being constanltly developed in it, Qora can be bigger than NXT.

Don't panic. Just have patience.

we got to stop comparing them. If we are to believe Qora he knows almost nothing about NXT and was only looking at Bitcoins limitations when he developed Qora. Any superficial similarites are therefore coincidental.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
With the features being constanltly developed in it, Qora can be bigger than NXT.

Don't panic. Just have patience.
I'm trying to keep my opinions to myself on the source discussion (for now, anyway) but if you've written any application in Java or .Net, then your source is "open".  If qora disappeared, I imagine the binaries would be easy-enough to decompile and cleaned up for sharing on Github.

Heck, I could do it and I'm not even a java dev.

NXT member already decompile and say it's old NXT code but people don't want truth. Qora plan like many scam is to sell off his many coins of IPO. But no one buy so he can't sell.

Though I would want qora to be honest, I don't care much if it's a fork, or not, so long as innovation is being integrated that isn't in Nxt, or was added to Nxt at a later time.

I follow innovation, or it's potential.  That's why qora is currently a hedge of mine.  Also, keep in mind that I am primarily behind Nxt, but in early January, it was a hedge for me too.  My opinion shifted when dev and community momentum picked up.  I think Qora could do the same... Maybe, and it's wortht getting in, a little, now.

why do so many NXT'ers look at Qora as a hedge/ backup for NXT. Unless they believe it is the work of BCNext and if it was revealed it would kill NXT I don't get it. I'm sure most have ' hedges' by owning other coins but ai never hear anyone say oh I have NAS as a hedge for NXT at or I have Monero as a hedge for NXT, darkcoin as a hedge for NXT etc.

My guess is NXT'ers while they don't want to express it feel threatened by the potential of Qora.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
I'm trying to keep my opinions to myself on the source discussion (for now, anyway) but if you've written any application in Java or .Net, then your source is "open".  If qora disappeared, I imagine the binaries would be easy-enough to decompile and cleaned up for sharing on Github.

NXT member already decompile and say it's old NXT code but people don't want truth. Qora plan like many scam is to sell off his many coins of IPO. But no one buy so he can't sell.

Though I would want qora to be honest, I don't care much if it's a fork, or not, so long as innovation is being integrated that isn't in Nxt, or was added to Nxt at a later time.

I follow innovation, or it's potential.  That's why qora is currently a hedge of mine.  Also, keep in mind that I am primarily behind Nxt, but in early January, it was a hedge for me too.  My opinion shifted when dev and community momentum picked up.  I think Qora could do the same... Maybe, and it's wortht getting in, a little, now.
Activity: 22

If that were true, this would not be a 400 page thread. It would have died a long time ago. Where is smaragda to ignore this guy for all of us Smiley
Activity: 9

3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526

shhh! Don't tell Kora!  Wink

if they are good enough then they already know that Wink
rlh
I'm trying to keep my opinions to myself on the source discussion (for now, anyway) but if you've written any application in Java or .Net, then your source is "open".  If qora disappeared, I imagine the binaries would be easy-enough to decompile and cleaned up for sharing on Github.

Lol... Sad

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

Yes, but Qora is closed source not because qora wanted so. He asked the community and we asked him to keep it closed for a while. He said from the start that it's up for the community to decide what to do with source.

So now some of us returned to this topic and trying to figure out if it's a good idea to open the sorce for someone else.

rlh

Qora makes himself available in the chat everyday. I'd recommend to anyone who has questions, to simply log into the chat and ask them yourself.

He won't come to chat again.  Grin
Qora makes himself available in the chat everyday. I'd recommend to anyone who has questions, to simply log into the chat and ask them yourself.
Activity: 686
Merit: 320
re: voting/polls.

So I would click on the "Voting" tab and see nothing there. Figured things were very quiet. But since dzarmush said he'd started a poll, I actually paid a bit more attention and noticed and clicked the "All Polls" button. Low and behold, there they were. Soooooooo.. Why is that? Why aren't they just showing up on the Voting tab? Will need to have some pagination as time progresses and I think there should also be a column with the date so you can see recent polls easily and not have to search through them.
I think Qora makes only NXT cloning and now tired of pretend just run off. he only want big volume so he sell his coins. Everyone knows it so don't buy this coin. Chinese are smart and don't care for Qora. Bye bye Qora developer.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Why not ask Qora what he wants to do?

There is no reason why he would lock this thread on purpose so i dont understand all this BS it has generated.

It just showed fragility of the system. Just imagine that the thread is locked and Qora disapeared for a week for some reason. The price may fall to zero and everybody will be in panic. That's not the most healthy way to run a coin.

don't worry, Qora is working!

Said stranger on the internet  Smiley

What if Qora doesn't come back for another day, ot two, or a week. Are you gonna calm down every panicking user? Will you be able to keep them from dumping?

We need to create a system that doesn't depend on one person. One additional trusted person with the source would be a good start.

There is no reason why he would lock this thread on purpose so i dont understand all this BS it has generated.

It just showed fragility of the system. Just imagine that the thread is locked and Qora disapeared for a week for some reason. The price may fall to zero and everybody will be in panic. That's not the most healthy way to run a coin.

shows the fragility of a few people on here not any system. It would be great for 'the system' as a few more cheap coins would get distributed. Now who's talking bullshit.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10

don't worry, Qora is working!
Jump to: