Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 257. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
bitcoinrocks lost 23 mill on sharexcoin

bigrcanada was the one concerned about the 24 mill they bought on polo.

Activity: 464
Merit: 260
He transferred them directly to my ShareXcoin address.  I never transferred any coins out of my ShareXcoin account besides a 1000 QORA transfer to Poloniex which was lost due to the forking issues.  This is also documented pages back.  Can any of this be proven by examining the blockchain?

bitcoinrocks, you need to read your own posts.  You are the one who said the coins your coins were transferred to sharexcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1372
We all agree that Poloniex is fine...his shares were transferred to sharexcoin....his question was about getting his coins out of sharexcoin.

That is another poster?

He bought QORA on Poloniex and someone other than him transferred them to ShareXcoin?
legendary
We all agree that Poloniex is fine...his shares were transferred to sharexcoin....his question was about getting his coins out of sharexcoin.

That is another poster?
legendary
You are correct that your scenario is in the blockchain.  I was replying that you need to keep in mind the bigger picture where we can't validate the transfer.  These people lost out just like you, but it can't be confirmed.

I dont understand what the hell is going on here.  I bought my Qora, over 24m  all on Poloneix ...i don't even know what the hell sharexcoin is or was...I bought them all through the exchange.  Why are my coins being held up then?  I have a log of all the bids  and buys on Polo for every single one of them?   Why is my coins being held up then....

Angry
you can paste your trades records to prove it.

WTF there is no issues with Poloneix, their market is just frozen.... Your coins should be safe.
legendary
We will need to wait it out.

Hopefully we find the dev and get the DB off them
Activity: 334
Merit: 250
You are correct that your scenario is in the blockchain.  I was replying that you need to keep in mind the bigger picture where we can't validate the transfer.  These people lost out just like you, but it can't be confirmed.

I dont understand what the hell is going on here.  I bought my Qora, over 24m  all on Poloneix ...i don't even know what the hell sharexcoin is or was...I bought them all through the exchange.  Why are my coins being held up then?  I have a log of all the bids  and buys on Polo for every single one of them?   Why is my coins being held up then....

Angry
you can paste your trades records to prove it.
legendary
I am still waiting to hear back from the Qora dev about whether it is safe to continue trading Qora. When the recent Sharexcoin transaction vanished from the block explorer, only to reappear hours later, I decided I needed to hear from the dev about the current stability of this coin. That is why it is still frozen--it has nothing to do with ShareXcoin.

Regarding ShareXcoin, at the moment it looks like I have seized about 24 million Qora and 0.80 BTC. I'm not sure what should be done with this money, as we don't have a record of people's ShareXcoin balances.
we dont have a record of people's sharexcoin balances,i think donate this money to the committee fund was the best choice.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had lost 23M QORA.
Activity: 334
Merit: 250
I am still waiting to hear back from the Qora dev about whether it is safe to continue trading Qora. When the recent Sharexcoin transaction vanished from the block explorer, only to reappear hours later, I decided I needed to hear from the dev about the current stability of this coin. That is why it is still frozen--it has nothing to do with ShareXcoin.

Regarding ShareXcoin, at the moment it looks like I have seized about 24 million Qora and 0.80 BTC. I'm not sure what should be done with this money, as we don't have a record of people's ShareXcoin balances.
we dont have a record of people's sharexcoin balances,i think donate this money to the committee fund was the best choice.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
The coins never made it to my address...so my guess is that they are still in the main sharecoin wallet with no record of the purchase without having their DB....I may be mistaken.

But my QORA was sent directly to my ShareXcoin address from outside of the exchange.  Here it is:

http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?q=QfBoh77US6pUb9ae1pHCgDyTrEfPasdZ9y

Apparently it was 10M that I bought from TwinWinNerD.  He sent 100 to test and then the remaining amount.  I would have purchased the rest on the exchange.

You deposit coins and they are credited to you account. If you now sell them and the other person doesn't withdraw them, you have no way of knowing who owns the coins in that moment.

Understand that?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
You are correct that your scenario is in the blockchain.  I was replying that you need to keep in mind the bigger picture where we can't validate the transfer.  These people lost out just like you, but it can't be confirmed.

I dont understand what the hell is going on here.  I bought my Qora, over 24m  all on Poloneix ...i don't even know what the hell sharexcoin is or was...I bought them all through the exchange.  Why are my coins being held up then?  I have a log of all the bids  and buys on Polo for every single one of them?   Why is my coins being held up then....

Angry
legendary
The coins never made it to my address...so my guess is that they are still in the main sharecoin wallet with no record of the purchase without having their DB....I may be mistaken.

But my QORA was sent directly to my ShareXcoin address from outside of the exchange.  Here it is:

http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?q=QfBoh77US6pUb9ae1pHCgDyTrEfPasdZ9y

Apparently it was 10M that I bought from TwinWinNerD.  He sent 100 to test and then the remaining amount.  I would have purchased the rest on the exchange.
legendary
Can't the blockchain be examined to see if those coins were ever transferred out of my ShareXcoin address?

That only helps for certain scenarios.  I had bought coins on sharexcoin and was in the process of withdrawing them (it was only 50K so that is why I'm not complaining.)  But there are folks with lots of coins that were in the same situation as me.  There is no way to verify that by the blockchain because it was internal to sharexcoin.

So each user's coins aren't actually held in their exchange address?  Do we know that's definitely true in this case?
Can't the blockchain be examined to see if those coins were ever transferred out of my ShareXcoin address?

That only helps for certain scenarios.  I had bought coins on sharexcoin and was in the process of withdrawing them (it was only 50K so that is why I'm not complaining.)  But there are folks with lots of coins that were in the same situation as me.  There is no way to verify that by the blockchain because it was internal to sharexcoin.
legendary

As I posted pages back, I lost 23M+ Qora to ShareXcoin and I would very much like to have a fair portion of those seized coins.  Those coins belong to ShareXcoin users and to spend them on anything besides reimbursement would be ridiculous.

The majority of my coins were bought directly from TwinWinNerD who has a long and excellent reputation in these forums.  He transferred them directly to my ShareXcoin address.  I never transferred any coins out of my ShareXcoin account besides a 1000 QORA transfer to Poloniex which was lost due to the forking issues.  Can any of this be proven by examining the blockchain?

While the transfers into ShareX can be proven without a doubt, we can't know 100% that you didn't sold those coins. That is the main problem.

Not that I don't trust you, but there will certainly be bogus claims. You gotta understand that! We need a good solution.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com

As I posted pages back, I lost 23M+ Qora to ShareXcoin and I would very much like to have a fair portion of those seized coins.  Those coins belong to ShareXcoin users and to spend them on anything besides reimbursement would be ridiculous.

The majority of my coins were bought directly from TwinWinNerD who has a long and excellent reputation in these forums.  He transferred them directly to my ShareXcoin address.  I never transferred any coins out of my ShareXcoin account besides a 1000 QORA transfer to Poloniex which was lost due to the forking issues.  Can any of this be proven by examining the blockchain?

While the transfers into ShareX can be proven without a doubt, we can't know 100% that you didn't sold those coins. That is the main problem.

Not that I don't trust you, but there will certainly be bogus claims. You gotta understand that! We need a good solution.
legendary

The majority of my coins were bought directly from TwinWinNerD who has a long and excellent reputation in these forums.  He transferred them directly to my ShareXcoin address.  I never transferred any coins out of my ShareXcoin account besides a 1000 QORA transfer to Poloniex which was lost due to the forking issues.  This is also documented pages back.  Can any of this be proven by examining the blockchain?
Jump to: