Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 254. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 502
Merit: 500
hey, I came back after a week on vacation, updated to v8 and some transactions are gone...from the faucet, withdrawal from sharexcoin...what happened, are these qoras lost?

The faucet transactions are definitely lost (just go back and get some QORA)...  but you would/should be getting remedy in regard to the ShareXcoin withdrawal if it weren't for ziplibrary pulling the plug...  I am not sure if you noticed yet that ShareXcoin is down.
yeah, I noticed...thx, so it all happened on the wrong fork  Sad
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
hey, I came back after a week on vacation, updated to v8 and some transactions are gone...from the faucet, withdrawal from sharexcoin...what happened, are these qoras lost?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Why should I invest in Qora?

Because it's the most promising 2014 project till now
And it's launched not like Nem or Etherum

Not sure for Qora. Looks like there is only one Dev for this coin.

That's how it started for Nxt. Also, there is already an API that allows external developers who wish to build services on top of Qora to do so. As more services are developed, I would expect the Qora API to be developed and refined with them.
Activity: 334
How about Qora asset exchange now? It's so important now.

Fixing the network first

Dev is proceeding according to plan. Wink
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Why should I invest in Qora?

Because it's the most promising 2014 project till now
And it's launched not like Nem or Etherum

Not sure for Qora. Looks like there is only one Dev for this coin.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Fixing the network first
Activity: 34
oh,my coins.when catch zip?

Activity: 43
Phone release of the sharecoin person

206-768-1389

According to - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=640382.40

There is also the SEDA-lead, someone has an IP address... it will be possible to prosecute. How about someone based in the US bring in the authorities now?

I offer a reward of 1,000,000 qora to whom to report a case to FBI, capture zip.
If anyone will donate too, come on.
Activity: 43
Activity: 378
Might it be an idea to just increase the transaction fee for the moment? Since ultimately it is the possible reward that will get people to stake. NXT has 1 billion coins and a fee of 1, we have 10 billion and a fee of one. Perhaps a fee of 10 makes more sense.

Some good ideas for the pot, thanks. It is a little disappointing to find I generate a block only to see the fee is zero (although sometimes you get double digits, which is nice).

However, at the end of the day qora is a PoS coin, in more than just the forging algorithm. For those investors who own more than a few million qora, the value gained/lost through having a stable/unstable network is more significant than the fees generated. So, get staking everyone!
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
You can simply load archived blockchain file to dropbox or other file cloud storage and post download link here.
Activity: 380
Merit: 275
Well, I had V8 off for a day and just started it up and this is what I am seeing now.

I will send my data file to qora as well.

Actually, how do I send my dat file to qora? Is there an email I perhaps missed, I don't see an option to attach a file to the PM.
Activity: 363
I haven't had to resync/recover once since v8.

same here.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Qora any chance you can jump in irc?
Activity: 231
Merit: 100

Do you want us to send the data files if we have sync problems even when we don't see changes in the transactions list?   Undecided

Yes.
The problem seems to happen to parts of the network at the same time.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
When the dev first distributed the coins he advised everyone not to trade until he was certain Qora was bug free. Even now he cannot be certain it's bug free. Everyone will probably blame him if he OK's trading and we get another fork incident.

Testing a completely new code base is harder than testing a shit coin whose dev copied bitcoin's source code and just changed the name of the coin. Perhaps we should stop trying to push the dev into OK'ing trading and let him decide when it's ready without pressure from us.

Yes. Better to check endlessly than to be sorry in the end. So qora take your time by all means. Meanwhile, the reason why the fork occurred in the first place wasn't because of a bug in the code. It was because we didn't have enough people staking. So unlock those wallets Smiley

There is still a bug in the code that causes synchonization problems.
This happens maybe 1 time a week now and it is hard to see what is wrong when I am not experiencing it.
This is why I am asking people who are on a fork to send me their data files.

It is safe to send payments to people you trust.
It is not safe to run an automated exchange 24/7.
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
When the dev first distributed the coins he advised everyone not to trade until he was certain Qora was bug free. Even now he cannot be certain it's bug free. Everyone will probably blame him if he OK's trading and we get another fork incident.

Testing a completely new code base is harder than testing a shit coin whose dev copied bitcoin's source code and just changed the name of the coin. Perhaps we should stop trying to push the dev into OK'ing trading and let him decide when it's ready without pressure from us.

Yes. Better to check endlessly than to be sorry in the end. So qora take your time by all means. Meanwhile, the reason why the fork occurred in the first place wasn't because of a bug in the code. It was because we didn't have enough people staking. So unlock those wallets Smiley
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
Hi, When do the Devs contact Poloniex to sort out their issues ?

So they can resume withdrawal ?

I'll prefere to see all of my Qora in my wallet, instead of in the exchange ...

Thanks . .

Give another couple of days. There is no issue in the first place I think but it needs to be checked regardless. Situation will be solved soon. Meanwhile Poloniex has a spotless track record when it comes to handling other people's money so I wouldn't worry too much. Of course the only truly safe place is in your wallet Smiley
Activity: 316

Activity: 18
Hi, When do the Devs contact Poloniex to sort out their issues ?

So they can resume withdrawal ?

I'll prefere to see all of my Qora in my wallet, instead of in the exchange ...

Thanks . .
Jump to: