Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 258. (Read 748233 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I am still waiting to hear back from the Qora dev about whether it is safe to continue trading Qora. When the recent Sharexcoin transaction vanished from the block explorer, only to reappear hours later, I decided I needed to hear from the dev about the current stability of this coin. That is why it is still frozen--it has nothing to do with ShareXcoin.

Regarding ShareXcoin, at the moment it looks like I have seized about 24 million Qora and 0.80 BTC. I'm not sure what should be done with this money, as we don't have a record of people's ShareXcoin balances.

Thanks for the info Busoni!   When are we going to have access to our Qora coin again? 
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Owner of Poloniex
I am still waiting to hear back from the Qora dev about whether it is safe to continue trading Qora. When the recent Sharexcoin transaction vanished from the block explorer, only to reappear hours later, I decided I needed to hear from the dev about the current stability of this coin. That is why it is still frozen--it has nothing to do with ShareXcoin.

Regarding ShareXcoin, at the moment it looks like I have seized about 24 million Qora and 0.80 BTC. I'm not sure what should be done with this money, as we don't have a record of people's ShareXcoin balances.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Can someone please tell me does this coin pay interest if I hold it in my wallet? how much does it pay?
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Based on what the nodeviewer is showing, it looks like my node may be on that fork (it shows my node on block 5407).  I'll send you the data files, then restart the node.
nodeviewer may show incorrect data about height.

Because one peer will be the fastest one to deliver the new block only his height gets updated.
The application only handles a message with a certain block one time and ignores the others.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Based on what the nodeviewer is showing, it looks like my node may be on that fork (it shows my node on block 5407).  I'll send you the data files, then restart the node.
nodeviewer may show incorrect data about height.
Activity: 168
Anyone who was on that fork, managed to close the application and still has the data files.
Please send them to me.
It would help me a lot.

Activity: 231
http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php
last processed block: 5426 (2014-06-06 17:19:07 utc, 1h 57m ago)

I have some problem. Sad
I fixed it.

Anyone who was on that fork, managed to close the application and still has the data files.
Please send them to me.
It would help me a lot.

I have some problem. Sad
I fixed it.
Activity: 156

I have some problem. Sad
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I wouldn't call altcoins forums family friendly generally. Hahaha

I have no beef with anyone. And I know for a fact I've lost more than him, I lost around 10m on Sharexcoin but I have seen the same issue with NXT and it took a long time for people to trust NXT again. That's why I'm being to tough on it.

consider it over. Move on

Yeah, I know where you are coming from, and I share your concern as well.  Grin That's why I decided to step in and get TwinWind off your back.  Cheesy Cheesy  FYI, for the record, I'm one of the sharexcoin victims as well, I lost about 2.5 BTC worth of qora and I definitely hope someone catch them. I just think the discussion should be moved to a different thread, that's all.

I mean, what would people think if they see qora mentioned in every sharecoin thread? You can see that, right, twin?  Wink Let it go, bro.
Activity: 168
Soon I will make the service which will scan the network and collect statistics about the nodes and to rank the most stable nodes.

If possible, it would be great if it can show which version is being run as well.  I'm thinking there may still be some nodes out there on old versions.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
A few thoughts on the recent sharexcoin exchange drama -

1. The Qora community should immediately distance itself from the sharexcoin debacle. Qora was unfortunate to be picked up by the exchange, and it's equally unfortunate that Qora investors were among the victims. But the drama should end here & now so the whole community can re-focus on itself and set its sights on meeting future Qora development goals. Also, it should be made perfectly clear to the newcomers that sharecoin and its associating exchange, sharexcoin, have got nothing to do with qora project.

2. This thread is about Qora and Qora development only. Any post or discussion that has got nothing to do with Qora development should be removed or moved to a new thread. Self-censorship should be exercised in this case in order to protect the integrity and reputation of Qora.  I'd recommend that we start a new topic in the main alt. coin section to address the sharecoin debacle.

3. Qora supporters should refrain from discussing issues concerning Qora in unrelated sharecoin threads. Things will soon get very ugly for sharecoin and sharexcoin exchange, and the community should take up defensive measure to avoid being dragged through the mud and get entangled in a potential FUD war.

May cooler heads prevail~  Wink

agree

Very clear and logical.

Says the shitcoin dev...

How are your shitcoin(s) doin ? Tongue
Soon I will make the service which will scan the network and collect statistics about the nodes and to rank the most stable nodes.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win
Smiley Smiley Smiley Try cutting TwinWind some slack I guess he was just in a bad mood since he was among the victims. But I don't think he was thinking clearly when he was making the bold-red-letter post (it's really ugly by the way). It was an error in judgement on his part.

So if you're reading, I hope you'd consider removing the ugly post, TwinWind, since it really belongs in a separate thread. gorillajam was right when he said first impression does matter.  All of us should remove our ugly posts concerning the sharexcoin drama.

to: gorillajam,

I agree with all your points.  You were right, and TwinWind was wrong. But please try tone down a bit. I'd like to think that Qora would like to present itself as a family-friendly community, and I guess TwinWind made the ugly post in the heat of the moment.  Cheesy Grin So let's cut him some slack, shall we?  Grin

I wouldn't call altcoins forums family friendly generally. Hahaha

I have no beef with anyone. And I know for a fact I've lost more than him, I lost around 10m on Sharexcoin but I have seen the same issue with NXT and it took a long time for people to trust NXT again. That's why I'm being to tough on it.

consider it over. Move on
legendary
Activity: 1036
"Track down the shareXcoin scammer" campaign.

What´s the victims opinion
If i'm a victim and i know i can not have my Qora back anymore
I would like this guy hanged in the public square
Someone has to pay for all the 2014 scams
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Smiley Smiley Smiley Try cutting TwinWind some slack I guess he was just in a bad mood since he was among the victims. But I don't think he was thinking clearly when he was making the bold-red-letter post (it's really ugly by the way). It was an error in judgement on his part.

So if you're reading, I hope you'd consider removing the ugly post, TwinWind, since it really belongs in a separate thread. gorillajam was right when he said first impression does matter.  All of us should remove our ugly posts concerning the sharexcoin drama.

I agree with all your points.  You were right, and TwinWind was wrong. But please try tone down a bit. I'd like to think that Qora would like to present itself as a family-friendly community, and I guess TwinWind made the ugly post in the heat of the moment.  Cheesy Grin So let's cut him some slack, shall we?  Grin

I don't agree. I made the post to raise awareness. Those scammers get away with everything because people stop caring about that.

I also posted that announcement all over this forum.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

win
there is a bit of a void in Qora news and discussion.

what's the present feedback on v8?

Polinex? shall we move on to get on more exchanges? Is Qora in discussions with Polinex?

When will asset exchange be implemented?

What is Qora working on now, I'm glad he focused on dev, but what dev? Stability or other issues?

Can we help stabilize the network?

The problem with the exchange discussion is it's making it unclear how the client development is going.

legendary
Activity: 1344

1. The Qora community should immediately distance itself from the sharexcoin debacle. Qora was unfortunate to be picked up by the exchange, and it's equally unfortunate that Qora investors were among the victims. But the drama should end here & now so the whole community can re-focus on itself and set its sights on meeting future Qora development goals. Also, it should be made perfectly clear to the newcomers that sharecoin and its associating exchange, sharexcoin, have got nothing to do with qora project.

2. This thread is about Qora and Qora development only. Any post or discussion that has got nothing to do with Qora development should be removed or moved to a new thread. Self-censorship should be exercised in this case in order to protect the integrity and reputation of Qora.  I'd recommend that we start a new topic in the main alt. coin section to address the sharecoin debacle.

3. Qora supporters should refrain from discussing issues concerning Qora in unrelated sharecoin threads. Things will soon get very ugly for sharecoin and sharexcoin exchange, and the community should take up defensive measure to avoid being dragged through the mud and get entangled in a potential FUD war.

agree

Very clear and logical.
win

agree
Jump to: