Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 262. (Read 748233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Please send me the data files of the fork if anyone has them.
that is actually pretty clever. Can you rebroadcast those transactions?

I sure as heck hope not.

This would likely kill the transactions after that?

MAybe he hardcodes some trasactions in there, that are proven not refunded?

I hope not. This is crypto. You shouldn't be able to replay transactions from a fork to the real block chain and have them verified. You also shouldn't be able to just add transactions to the block chain without having the valid private key for the from address. If that is all possible then things are very badly broken.

?? The transactions were sent! He doesn't need the private key because he has the signed transactions. The same thing can be done with bitcoin if you have a valid raw transaction on a fork.

I fully assume there is some time aspect tied into the transaction hashes in order from them to be injected on the block chain. Heck, I could be wrong. But if this is possible and someone sent me coins on the fork. Then I said, hey, that was a fork, please resend, and he did, not I can replay the original transaction from the fork onto the real chain? I really hope this isn't possible. It's not exactly a double spend, but it is a similar issue.

Also, it's probably that those original inputs are no longer owned by that Address, so they transaction wouldn't be valid for that reason as well.
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com

I sure as heck hope not.

I hope not. This is crypto. You shouldn't be able to replay transactions from a fork to the real block chain and have them verified. You also shouldn't be able to just add transactions to the block chain without having the valid private key for the from address. If that is all possible then things are very badly broken.

?? The transactions were sent! He doesn't need the private key because he has the signed transactions. The same thing can be done with bitcoin if you have a valid raw transaction on a fork.
legendary

I sure as heck hope not.

I hope not. This is crypto. You shouldn't be able to replay transactions from a fork to the real block chain and have them verified. You also shouldn't be able to just add transactions to the block chain without having the valid private key for the from address. If that is all possible then things are very badly broken. Or I have zero understanding of how blockchain based crypto currencies work. (which is possible, I've only been a dev for 22 years or so).
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

I sure as heck hope not.

legendary

I sure as heck hope not.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
If some old followers tell me Qora has a habbit of "disappearing" I believe them. Sorry for those who lost coins. I got mine transferd out 2 min after it launched at Polo. Took 42 hours to get there, made me nuts! Now it is frozen there. Will wait for it to unfreeze and HOLD! hope dev delivers over time and smile.

How many other coins got lost because of this? I believe there was some other volume as well is that gone also?

I forgot to tell you that he also tends to show up at the point were FUD levels reach a certain limit Wink

Don't worry about Poloniex. They figured out long ago already that in the long run honesty pays.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
coin forked -> community told not to transfer until wallet updated to ask senders to resend -> no wallet updated -> coins stolen

FTFY

Eh? the coin forked on v8, and the front page of this thread still says v8. Is there some other channel I am unaware of?

Fork or no fork your coins would have still been in Sharexcoin's wallet. Sharexcoin simply stopped sending withdrawals.
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
dzarmush comments?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
coin forked -> community told not to transfer until wallet updated to ask senders to resend -> no wallet updated -> coins stolen

FTFY

Eh? the coin forked on v8, and the front page of this thread still says v8. Is there some other channel I am unaware of?
Aha, you are alive.

Well that is something.
Activity: 231
I think it is better to follow the sharecoin thread until there is absolute certainty that the exchange has disappeared.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587051.8000
I find it strange that an exchange would disappear within 2 months.
If they indeed had the intention to scam I think they would atleast have waited a few more months for bigger profits.
Activity: 126
If some old followers tell me Qora has a habbit of "disappearing" I believe them. Sorry for those who lost coins. I got mine transferd out 2 min after it launched at Polo. Took 42 hours to get there, made me nuts! Now it is frozen there. Will wait for it to unfreeze and HOLD! hope dev delivers over time and smile.

How many other coins got lost because of this? I believe there was some other volume as well is that gone also?
From my perspective, the chain of events went like this:

coin forked -> community told not to transfer until wallet updated -> no wallet update -> coins stolen

Hard not to be a bit pissed...

Well aware that I may be a bit irrational at the moment, but it is hard not to be frustrated.

As to FUD - no! I just bought a load of coins, if anything I was hoping to hodl and ride a future price rise!
Sucks for Qora too, as my confidence in the coin is certainly shaken. Unlikely to ever reinvest if I lose it all.

It is odd that both the dev and zip have disappeared simultaneously though!

Huh

Its called FUD Smiley Usually used to attempt to cause prices to drop. Which at this point makes no sense since Qora is frozen on Poloniex. Work on your timing Exergy Smiley
Activity: 913
Merit: 664
Well this really sucks.

Had just brought 500k Qora and was in the process of withdrawing which failed.

Also unable to withdraw my remaining BTC.

If there is any chance of getting the DB to Poloniex so they can do the community a huge favour and mitigate this, that would be fantastic.

Sucks for Qora too, as my confidence in the coin is certainly shaken. Unlikely to ever reinvest if I lose it all.

What makes you think the dev disappeared? What happened is by no means the fault of qora! Ziplibrary scammed you.....not qora!
Well this really sucks.

Had just brought 500k Qora and was in the process of withdrawing which failed.

Also unable to withdraw my remaining BTC.

If there is any chance of getting the DB to Poloniex so they can do the community a huge favour and mitigate this, that would be fantastic.

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
Does nobody care Qora is not around. He has not been here for i dont no how long!

22 hours and 30 minutes......

Don't get nervous guys...

After that stunt he pulled when the IPO closed (page 16 and up) I'm not too worried. Perhaps in a week or two if he still hasn't shown up I'd send him a PM. Before that I'll just assume he's doing his magic in his secret dev hideout.
I feel the same way about qora  Grin
his AWESOME!
Does nobody care Qora is not around. He has not been here for i dont no how long!

22 hours and 30 minutes......

Don't get nervous guys...

After that stunt he pulled when the IPO closed (page 16 and up) I'm not too worried. Perhaps in a week or two if he still hasn't shown up I'd send him a PM. Before that I'll just assume he's doing his magic in his secret dev hideout.
Jump to: