Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE} - page 67. (Read 109828 times)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500
SatoshiGalaxy
Hey toecutter,

Have skills or burn been modified?

I'm getting double the amount of burn that I used to get. Add the already doubled burn from the new crafting restrictions and it becomes a huge pain in the ass to do any kind of crafting at all.
SERIOUSLY WTF IS UP WITH THE BURN RATE  Huh Huh Huh

Hey, that's odd. No changes there, using same rates as before.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
SERIOUSLY WTF IS UP WITH THE BURN RATE  Huh Huh Huh
Hey toecutter,

Have skills or burn been modified?

I'm getting double the amount of burn that I used to get. Add the already doubled burn from the new crafting restrictions and it becomes a huge pain in the ass to do any kind of crafting at all.
SatoshiGalaxy
Just to make sure we're on the same page, you waste energy even if you end up burning all the ingredients.

Ordered 5 plates (3 energy each = 15), Refined 4 plates and burned some ore (to refine 4 plates - 12 energy), but consumed 15 energy.

Yup, that is correct.

Ordered 5 plates (3 energy each = 15), Refined 4 plates and burned some ore (to refine 4 plates - 12 energy), but consumed 15 energy.
SatoshiGalaxy
Adamantite, Gold, Armor Plating, everything ordered and burned in process, consume energy like all done.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, you waste energy even if you end up burning all the ingredients.

Is it normal for successful hits from rocket launchers to not increase your aiming skill? Because I have missed targets before, and aiming does not increase in light of successful hits despite the chance of missing.

You should be getting 1 skill point for each successful rocket hit. Thanks for the report, filed.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Is it normal for successful hits from rocket launchers to not increase your aiming skill? Because I have missed targets before, and aiming does not increase in light of successful hits despite the chance of missing.
SatoshiGalaxy
OK.
I can not decrease number of workers on wharf, but i can increase it!
But:
  already repairing ship not affected with increased workers (?why),

That is a bit inconvenient, but that's how it works.

All strange things:
Unable to mine: Not enough CPU points
I able lift off without mounted Engine, can be killed and towed to station! What i have to do in this case?) No market, no NPC market and no Engine! Its game over?

Ouch, this is horrible. I think you should PM me to tow you somewhere else if this happens. We'll think about a workaround. Try not to get into such situations in the meantime :)

Ordered to refine 5 pices with 15 energy, but refined only 4, but energy took like for 5!

Thanks for the report! Which item was that?

Is it normal? http://prnt.sc/ct94ws
I disengage from battle far away in 4 sectors :(

It is indeed normal.

How it is possible to craft Alien virus or lifeform on planet factory, if it is not possible to unload colonists to planets warehouse....
"Message from Factory on ****: Not enough colonists in Warehouse"

Oh, hmm, I guess that means you can't. Only manual crafting for those dangerous materials.
I disengage from battle far away in 4 sectors Sad

Yes it is normal onlinedigger. They do not take Jumping into account when you are hit.

Technically your ship would probably fall apart making a hyper jump while your ship has a hole in it, which = death or even more extensive repairs.

Realy? Who talking about hole in a ship? Technicaly, fire on the ship != death.

In order that you describe has another message: Unable to jump ship wrecked

I'm talking about real life  Tongue
I disengage from battle far away in 4 sectors Sad

Yes it is normal onlinedigger. They do not take Jumping into account when you are hit.

Technically your ship would probably fall apart making a hyper jump while your ship has a hole in it, which = death or even more extensive repairs.
Activity: 66
How it is possible to craft Alien virus or lifeform on planet factory, if it is not possible to unload colonists to planets warehouse....

try choose wharehouse slot then cargo slot and Unload

Nope.. not working so too...
Activity: 44
OK, so there were a few bugs and questions related to the crafting energy cost.
Now that the bugs are fixed, I can tell you with reasonable assurance, that:

- Different stations have different fees.
- Different planets have different fees.

So if you see those values varying, that's probably why.

That definitely cleared up the confusion, thanks  Cheesy
CPU points increased! WOOHOOOOOO!  Grin Grin Grin

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

For higher end crafting it now takes 2x-3x more actions to craft so I guess it just balances out to what it was before, but at least it is an improvement on low end crafting and other actions.

EDIT: Crafting has now also become twice as expensive in terms of burn seeing as you can only craft half the amount of stuff. Pretty hectic...
CPU points increased! WOOHOOOOOO!  Grin Grin Grin

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Unless you decide to also increase income then this statement makes zero sense. Yes, they would now need to make billions to cash out the millions they used to, but they would still be gaining at exactly the same rate they were grinding away at to try and make a million.

Wait, let me make sure I understand you. So assuming we go with 1:100 rate for play-money to satoshi, 1 single asteroid becomes worth 100 times less?

I hope I'm just missing the point here.

I'll send you a PM explaining things in detail when I get the time.
SatoshiGalaxy
Update.

• [BUG] Energy cost display does not always display correct value. (@?, @Quellzar)
  • [BUG] Planetary crafting energy costs are skewed. (@onlinedigger, @Quellzar)
  • [BUG] Slither Bp still available in several places. (@kakucis006)
  • [ENC] Remove Enforcers and Slicing Lasers from players' reach.
  • [ENC] Add 1 Ancient blueprint.

OK, so there were a few bugs and questions related to the crafting energy cost.
Now that the bugs are fixed, I can tell you with reasonable assurance, that:

- Different stations have different fees.
- Different planets have different fees.

So if you see those values varying, that's probably why.

Thanks for the new bug reports, Quellzar, kakucis006, onlinedigger. Everything has been added to the list.

Mauler ... can you tell with wich equipment it was?:)

It doesn't really matter, as there are no NPC Maulers.
1 thing to wishlist more, it will be really nice to have option to build more than 10 warehouses on planets.  Wink
Activity: 44
Im noticing a few weird oddities here that id like to ask about.

the first being that if i try to craft 4 cpu's that are twenty energy each and i have 80 energy i keep getting told i dont have enough energy.

2. does the 80 energy hard cap apply in factories aswell?. i dont have the blueprints outside of a factory to test this but i think it was said that no single item should cost more than 80. at my factory at least, a basic reactor is 111 and an extreme reactor is 160 energy. is that because its an on planet process?. I mean manually crafting on a planet with a factory, not automated.

3. I mentioned yesterday that an armor plate was 44 energy per plate, now today its saying 66 per plate. was that an adjustment? or is it based on what ship or reactor im using? or just a bug of some kind?

If you could take a peek into these when you get a chance id appreciate it, thanks  Smiley
SatoshiGalaxy
I'll keep my mouth and mind shut from now on  :-X :-X :-X

I was just trying to give your brains a jolt so you can get out of thinking of fixes and start thinking of solutions instead. There are plenty of micro and macro scale solutions for the issues in the game and I just tried pointing out one of the possibilities. Start thinking out of the box and those problems can be a thing of the past in no time.

Did my reply gave off a "shut up" vibe? Sorry if that's the case, cause it definitely was not the intention. All ideas on both micro and macro scale are always appreciated.

Unless you decide to also increase income then this statement makes zero sense. Yes, they would now need to make billions to cash out the millions they used to, but they would still be gaining at exactly the same rate they were grinding away at to try and make a million.

Wait, let me make sure I understand you. So assuming we go with 1:100 rate for play-money to satoshi, 1 single asteroid becomes worth 100 times less?

I hope I'm just missing the point here.

Your math and statements look correct, but I don't get what are you trying to say? Are you happy with the current system? Not happy? Help me out here :)
Question: Does this mean the previous change made to the game where all blueprints are craftable in the Trucker is now null and void? Also, how would the large blueprints now be crafted seeing as other ships do not have enough space (I am assuming) to hold all the ingredients needed? Does crafting on planets also consume energy? (when the players use warehouses to craft, or maybe this is not possible at all, I haven't tried it)

Nope, there is a hard cap of 80 energy points. No single item "costs" more than that. This is sub-optimal (because higher-end items all fall into that range, despite the wildly varying cost), but at least it doesn't break the game.

ah okay great  Smiley so it has just been made so you can't craft more than a single item at a time. Thank you for the clarification.

It won't change a thing. Instead of millions of satoshi, people would just acquire billions of satoshi.

Same with introducing more powerful items that cost more. There has to be a cap somewhere, or this will become either a ponzi, either a endless power-creep scenario. Both are unsustainable.

(I.e., let's say we introduce a Trucker II, that has twice as much cargo space. And it would cost 10 mil. satoshi to buy. In the very short time, people would regain those 10 mil., but now we're looking a much larger problem - they can generate twice as much satoshi per click. Do we now introduce Trucker III, to eat away their funds? We can play this game for a long time, but in the end, we will lose).

Indeed this wouldn't work because once again that would just be a fix that needs another fix and another, and another, and another, and another, every week until the devs quit because the site is more work than it is worth.

It's more fun to try to do it our way, even if it's not the most popular approach. Headache-inducing, yes, but as long as at least one person on this planet appreciates our efforts, it's all good.

I'll keep my mouth and mind shut from now on  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

I was just trying to give your brains a jolt so you can get out of thinking of fixes and start thinking of solutions instead. There are plenty of micro and macro scale solutions for the issues in the game and I just tried pointing out one of the possibilities. Start thinking out of the box and those problems can be a thing of the past in no time.

5leepyJoe out.
SatoshiGalaxy
Its nice that a lot of players try this game. But the problem is - they dont stay too long. I have an idea why is that. The game has not complied with the current game market principles of selling a nicelooking packaged crap. I dont say SG should sell packaged crap, but at least should adress some issues.

Other than that. Maybe we should redo that battle arena pvp event? Its getting too peaceful.

And yes. Missions should be easier. By easier I mean, the mission should involve normal ingame behaviour, like transporting colonists from one gpd planet to the other. If its possible the missions should show the way how to fly to the desired sector on the map, or general direction of said sector.
Missions can be transformed to a very cool game tutorial if made right.

Typed out a 5-paragraph reply to this post but lost it all due to session lapse. :(

Please forgive me for not having the heart to type it all out again, I'll have to do bullet points

- Most new players leave as soon as they see there's "no game here, just some text".
- Remaining players do not understand game UI. They click random buttons and don't get any results. It's sad.*
- Remaining players leave after mining their first asteroid. "100 satoshi? Stupid faucet".

If you made it through the sign-up, can speak english, and mined at least TWO asteroids, you will stay in the game. That's what our stats show us.

It's either "1 asteroid and goodbye", either "2 asteroids and I'm staying".

*Translating the game into Indonesian, Russian, Chinese, etc, would help tremendously.

I think the 2/2 durability items is an excellent idea. Fully agreed on missions.

any clarification you might offer on all of this would be greatly appreciated.

On the flip side though, thank you guys a million times over for the mhz increase  ;D

I think enough has been said since that post, but if you need any other clarifications, I'm happy to oblige.

And it's nice to see some positive comment for a change :) Usually people ignore all the good stuff and jump straight into nerfs.
Pages:
Jump to: