Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE} - page 69. (Read 109828 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Update!

• [BUG] Selling ships doesn't take durability into account.
  • [BUG] Equipment still stacks when it shouldn't. (@onlinedigger)
  • [ENC] Crafting costs energy now.*
  • [ENC] Doomsday is activated.**

* Crafters are still way over-powered. Expect more nerfs in that area.

So, basically all truckers need a reactor now, which kind of sucks if you own a few of them. 

Regarding crafters, there are some players out there that have already gotten a very steep lead of assets over everyone else, and it will be impossible for anyone to catch up to them once things are nerfed.
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
SatoshiGalaxy
Update!

• [BUG] Selling ships doesn't take durability into account.
  • [BUG] Equipment still stacks when it shouldn't. (@onlinedigger)
  • [ENC] Crafting costs energy now.*
  • [ENC] Doomsday is activated.**

* Crafters are still way over-powered. Expect more nerfs in that area.

** Because you guys can totally deal with it now.

@Przemax, that's some excellent feedback! I'll add some comments soon.
Activity: 560
Its nice that a lot of players try this game. But the problem is - they dont stay too long. I have an idea why is that. The game has not complied with the current game market principles of selling a nicelooking packaged crap. I dont say SG should sell packaged crap, but at least should adress some issues.

There are two issues players face with novaday games.

Games are extrelemy easy at the begining. You hack, slash kill tons and tons, gain tons and tons of crap. It doesnt matter that its a crap, all that matters that youve got a LOT of crap. So a game can issue some promo to new players that they get x4 of everything for some time.

Games novadays gives a lot of crappy free stuff. So you may adjust to that by adding promotion to new players that they get some powerful energy beam, powerful mining tools. that have like 2/2 durability or such etc etc.

The people are feeling insignificant so they expect a game to make them feel special, warm and fussy. Its kind of sad considering how oldschool players wanted something completly opposite.

Im an oldchool player, the people that i talk to in game, are oldschool players, but oldschool players are dying breed.

Other than that. Maybe we should redo that battle arena pvp event? Its getting too peaceful.

And yes. Missions should be easier. By easier I mean, the mission should involve normal ingame behaviour, like transporting colonists from one gpd planet to the other. If its possible the missions should show the way how to fly to the desired sector on the map, or general direction of said sector.
Missions can be transformed to a very cool game tutorial if made right.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Thanks for all the feedback.

I understand that nerfing NPC trade would be very inconvenient by itself, but the question was more about making the Player trade more lucrative.

Maybe you guys have any other ideas?

As for technical difficulties I really don't want to give out false info, as I don't fully understand it myself. I know that it is similar with "craft multiple things at once" issue we had earlier. I've been told it's "impossible to do", because that would require "putting the whole thing in a loop and that is bad for performance". The whole thing was then re-written to still allow it without loops, by pre-calculating some stuff that needed to be done, and then "doing it" in one pass. However, I've been told it's "impossible to do" with storage space now. I'm not sure if some re-writing would help here too or what not.

Please don't quote me on any of that, I feel out of my depth with the whole issue.

If it is stated to be impossible to do then I highly question the skill set of the developers from here on in. That sounds absolutely ludicrous.

I think the thing that upsets me most is how limited the game suddenly seems to me. Other than piling on new things there is no way the already existing features can develop to its full potential, and there is so much room for that. I think I have personally shown that with the way I have been going about doing things in the game.

But anyways, let's move on.
I love this game no problem to me so far Grin
Btw anyone could tell me the minimum payout?

I believe it is 100 satoshi.
SatoshiGalaxy
I love satoshi galaxy best btc game i played so far.

Me and my roommate share same static ip but he can't make an account.

In the tos is says 'no multiple accounts' but it didn't specify via ip or wallet address or w/e.

Is he allowed to make an account or 1 per ip?

Hello, hexiuss.

Thanks for your feedback. It's "one account per one human being" in theory, but yeah, 1 per IP in practice.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I love satoshi galaxy best btc game i played so far.

Me and my roommate share same static ip but he can't make an account.

In the tos is says 'no multiple accounts' but it didn't specify via ip or wallet address or w/e.

Is he allowed to make an account or 1 per ip?
SatoshiGalaxy
Thanks for all the feedback.

I understand that nerfing NPC trade would be very inconvenient by itself, but the question was more about making the Player trade more lucrative.

Maybe you guys have any other ideas?

As for technical difficulties I really don't want to give out false info, as I don't fully understand it myself. I know that it is similar with "craft multiple things at once" issue we had earlier. I've been told it's "impossible to do", because that would require "putting the whole thing in a loop and that is bad for performance". The whole thing was then re-written to still allow it without loops, by pre-calculating some stuff that needed to be done, and then "doing it" in one pass. However, I've been told it's "impossible to do" with storage space now. I'm not sure if some re-writing would help here too or what not.

Please don't quote me on any of that, I feel out of my depth with the whole issue.

Regards,
5leepyJoe

OK, quick question: would limiting buying from NPCs (to 10 items per turn) make things better?

There really are tech.difficulties in our codebase that make "claim all" hard to implement.

NO.  That would definitely make things worse.

Have to agree with the NO on this one personally, that would make a lot of currently simple things very time consuming.

HUGE step backwards if you guys do that.

If it is something you guys can't figure out a workaround to then there really is nothing to be done here. But then game evolution in terms of player trade is at its pinnacle as things are now, which is rather sad. Nobody is going to spend hours on trying to claim stuff from storage.

Still didn't get a proper explanation of what the issue is. As a former developer myself I don't see the issue, but "technical difficulties" will have to suffice.

Thank you toecutter.
Activity: 44

Regards,
5leepyJoe

OK, quick question: would limiting buying from NPCs (to 10 items per turn) make things better?

There really are tech.difficulties in our codebase that make "claim all" hard to implement.

NO.  That would definitely make things worse.

Have to agree with the NO on this one personally, that would make a lot of currently simple things very time consuming.
Activity: 48

Regards,
5leepyJoe

NO.  That would definitely make things worse.
SatoshiGalaxy

Regards,
5leepyJoe

hey toecutter,

Could you guys maybe make it possible to claim more than a single stack of the same goods from your market storage please. Endlessly clicking to claim things is not fun.

Regards,
5leepyJoe

Please take a look at this post:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14306825

Although it covers a different issue, the logic behind the restriction is pretty similar.

However, things have changed somewhat since then, and we actually had a discussion about adding checkboxes and "claim all" buttons.

So it might happen, but please don't expect it any time soon.

I fully understand how it would create problems when trying to buy multiple items on the market, but that is not what I am talking about. I am merely talking about moving stuff from your personal storage to your ship. How does that differ from buying or selling multiple stacks in the NPC trade window?

Hey toecutter,

I just wanted to draw your attention to that post again please.

As I mentioned I understand that allowing people to BUY multiple items on the market can create quite a lot of problems. But storage is an entirely different thing. It is no different than your ship cargo or an NPC store. How does moving, for example, 80 Copper Plates from storage to your ship cargo differ from buying 80 plates from an NPC? There is actually less calculation and data that needs to be sent seeing as there is no exchange of money and price changes.

To further illustrate the problem of only being able to Claim a single item/stack at a time please refer to this thread: http://www.satoshigalaxy.com/forum/topic/77

In short, I would need to make over 1000 Claims just to get one batch of 48 items crafted...Nobody has that kind of time. The only reason I can see for the developers and owners to not implement the ability to claim multiple items from storage is to keep the money going back into the game instead of to players, again, illustrated in that thread where I had to cancel a possible 550k a day expense that could have been going to other players. Instead I am forced to buy from the NPC or waste an immense amount of time claiming from storage.

In that case why have a player market at all? Have an NPC market only and that way all money will be filtered back into the game.

Regards,
5leepyJoe
SatoshiGalaxy
Structures on market.

Done!

And about stacking, it happens only if you transfer things from ship to ship, and never planet to ship or ship to planet...

I see, thank you.
Activity: 66
Structures on market. And about stacking, it happens only if you transfer things from ship to ship, and never planet to ship or ship to planet...
SatoshiGalaxy
'cause: http://prntscr.com/cobrzd
Actual date and allright with it:) Stacks from built ships on stantion.

Hey, could you please provide more info regarding this? Essentially, which exact action leads to eq. stacking?

Hello!
And what will happen to blueprints? I have bought both, slither and enforcer... Embarrassed
And second. Have accumulated 6 Support structures  Cheesy  Maybe we can do some change?

Please put your support structures on the market. I'll deal with the Slither BP too.

Everyone, please DO NOT buy Slither blueprints if you see them. Instead please report it here as a bug.
Activity: 66
Hello!
And what will happen to blueprints? I have bought both, slither and enforcer... Embarrassed
And second. Have accumulated 6 Support structures  Cheesy  Maybe we can do some change?
SatoshiGalaxy
Unfortunately not no, or PHAD needs to be given a once over because it seems bugged somehow with all of this happening there.

Yup, you were right. Fixed, thank you!

The Rogue AI event is over.

In-universe.

Some unknown entity has tampered with the supply of CPUs, deliberately sabotaging the captcha modules.
That lead to "Slither uprising" event. The ships locked out their own pilots and started attacking humans.
It was revealed that CONS had some kind of backdoor into the heating systems of the Slithers.
Which was activated and led to all those ships slowly being destroyed.

However, it's now unclear if CONS has backdoors into all ship designs. In any case, Slithers are off the market.

Out-of-universe.

We just wanted to replace all Slithers with Enforcers :)
And to remove Slithers from the game (for the time being). They'll get re-introduced at later date, but with
completely different stats.

Old Slither = Enforcer (same ship, except for name/design)
New Slither (doesn't exist yet) = something completely different (except for name/design)
PLEEEAAASSE please please fix the feature where healing a pirate in an orange sector makes you a criminal to the CONS Cruiser....

Oh, I was under the impression this was fixed a few updates ago? Was it not? Sad

Thanks for the report.

Unfortunately not no, or PHAD needs to be given a once over because it seems bugged somehow with all of this happening there.
SatoshiGalaxy
PLEEEAAASSE please please fix the feature where healing a pirate in an orange sector makes you a criminal to the CONS Cruiser....

Oh, I was under the impression this was fixed a few updates ago? Was it not? :(

Thanks for the report.
Pages:
Jump to: